Like the Page

Total Pageviews

DO YOU FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM? PLEASE DO GUYS :)

The Pursuit (A Spy Romance)

One Hellish Desire

SEARCH FICTIONS ON THIS BLOG

NEW Swoony Romance on my Premium Content

He Loves Me Not - Part 54





PREVIOUS PART


Chapter 54



AK Villa

“The food was lovely” Khushi sat on the couch next to Arnav while the other Raizada couple took a seat in front.

“What are your plans for tomorrow?” Revati asked.

“Office and then back home”

“How boring” Revati mocked.

“Boring?” Ayush laughed staring at his wife. “You are forgetting our daughter-in-law is a working woman”

“I know. But what are her plans after marriage?”
“Havent decided yet, Aunty” Khushi muttered. “And whats the hurry? We still have a year to decide that, don’t we?”

“Year?” Arnav interrupted.

“Hmm.. You forgot? You said we cannot marry until I be exactly what your mother wants me to become?”

Arnav got speechless and so did the others. Khushi turned back to Ayush and Revati.

“Actually, Revati Aunty is so unique that becoming like her is impossible. But even then, if I try to adopt her traits to make her happy and accept me fully, it will take me a year at least”

Arnav frowned. Ayush cleared his throat whereas Revati was stunned.

“Are you praising me or taunting?” Revati snapped.

“I am praising you Aunty. How can I taunt Arnav’s mother? Never!!” she passed a broad fake smile at them.

“Well..” words choked in Revati’s throat but Arnav didn’t remain quiet. When Khushi met his gaze again, she saw his jaw clenching. It worked.

“We are marrying within a month, not a year” he declared. He looked annoyed.

“Really?” she teased. “But what about your mother’s conditions?”

“That was a prank Khushi and you too are aware of that. Don’t pretend so naïve”

Khushi bit her tongue. Glad he caught her because she really wished to strangle him if he continued being so cold, distant and a typical Mumma’s boy.

“I thought you like me .. naïve” she murmured seductively.

It was enough to undo his anger. She felt him softening, relaxing by her reply.

“Marvelous” Ayush clapped dragging their attention to him. “You are a brilliant actor Khushi. I thought only my wife knows to play games. But you outdid us”

Revati passed a warm smile at the two.

“We were testing you” she said. “And Arnav was involved too. Before he picked you from work, he told us to enact. I was against the idea but my Son was too eager on doing this and I couldn’t deny him. But I am glad you caught us and didn’t run away by our stupid behavior and conditions”

Khushi chuckled.

“Anyways now that the blinds have been raised, I would like to talk to Khushi privately if Arnav doesn’t mind” Revati insisted.
Arnav shrugged. He wouldn’t mind that. Khushi who was scared in the beginning found no reasons to be afraid either. Revati Raizada had genuinely accepted her and it was evident by her change of attitude. Even seeing Revati Raizada smiling heartily and joking was a miracle for everyone.

“Sure” Khushi raised herself from the couch and walked with Revati inside.

“What do you think she wants to talk?” Arnav asked his father.

“Women!!” Ayush muttered cheekily. “They have infinite topics to discuss”

Arnav couldn’t agree more. Khushi was talkative too but his mother wasn’t so obviously whatever she and Khushi would discuss upstairs had to be important.


****************

Khushi sat at the edge of the bed inside Arnav’s parents’ room while Revati searched for something in her bag. Her trolley bags were still unpacked. She hadn’t settled down yet. She returned to Khushi and sat next to her.

“I am an urban woman Khushi which you know already. It is Ayush who keeps on teaching me what has to be done in the name of family traditions. I hardly showed any interest in all that. But I am glad the woman Arnav is marrying is opposite to me. You are exactly the one who can complete our family.”

Khushi was overwhelmed by that compliment.

“I don’t know where Arnav would opt to stay after marriage. Here.. or back in India with us. He has two different companies to handle which means he will be full time busy. You have a job and I am very proud that you are standing on your own feet. There might be times when me and Ayush would stay in Shantivan whereas you and Arnav here. But wherever you both will be, our blessings will always be with you two”

“I don’t think Arnav will ever stay away from you both for longer period. He is a total family man”

“He is” Revati proudly repeated. “Take this”

She handed a box to Khushi who was hesitant to take it.

“What is this?”

“Open and see yourself” Revati asked.

Khushi opened the box and saw two diamond bangles inside.

“These.. are..” she choked. “Beautiful”

“I know. I specially bought these for you before flying to London. This is the best time to give them to you”

“I .. I cannot take such an expensive gift Aunty”

“You cannot deny either. And this is not a gift. It’s a tradition. From a mother-in-law to daughter-in-law. And no one has told me to do this. It is totally my wish to gift you these bangles. I know you have a very good taste in diamonds and I hope you like the ones I bought for you”

“They are lovely” Khushi blushed. The feeling of being a part of the Raizada family as Arnav’s bride gave her a fuzzy feeling inside.

“Let me make you wear them” Revati broke her stance and rolled the bangles in Khushi’s hand. “Perfect.. they look so nice.. totally meant for my classy Bahu”

Classy? Khushi gulped. She wasn’t classy like Revati Raizada neither she wanted to be one yet it soothed her to be praised by her mother-in-law.

“I have something for you too” Khushi removed the box of earrings she had bought for Revati and gave it to her.

“Return gift?” Revati teased.

“Not exactly. But when me and Arnav had been to Paris, I got these for you”

“Paris.. Yea” Revati nodded. “I hope you two had a good time there”

Khushi had no reply. Paris and the memories related to it were going to be the best so far.

“I won’t ask you the details, don’t worry? I am not that clingy types of Mother-in-law.”

Khushi burst out laughing. Revati was not clingy but cool types now and she liked her. What else was needed? The door knocked and Arnav stepped inside.

“Oh My My” Revati exhaled. “You couldn’t stay away from her even for 10 minutes, could you?”

Arnav checked his watch and stared back at his mother.

“14 minutes Mom. You took her away for 14 long minutes”

Revati rolled her eyes.

“Alright.. take her. I will go and see what your father is doing there alone”

Arnav caught Khushi’s elbow and dragged her out. He didn’t even wait for his mother to turn. At first Khushi thought he was taking her downstairs, but When he pushed his room door open, she stopped.

“Aren’t we going down?”

“Later” he dragged her in and shut the door. The next instant she realized he had pinned her to the wall behind and was kissing her. It was too sudden and unstoppable. When she was about to return the kiss, he pulled away and cupped her jaw. “What were you saying? We will marry after a year?”

She knew that one statement had haunted him today but she loved seeing him so flustered. She wrapped her arms around his waist.

“I stayed so many years even without your attention.. forget love. I could have stayed for a year more without marriage” she lied.

“Hats off to you for having that patience all these years. But I am not you, Khushi” he answered. “I can’t take the loneliness anymore. I need you more than you need your own self. “I don’t think I can ever stay without you by my side.”

Khushi got emotional listening to that. She kissed his heart and then cuddled him.

“Me neither” she purred. Arnav completed their hug, pulling her closer. Nothing existed around them anymore. They made each other complete.

“I am travelling to India next weekend” he informed after few minutes. She raised her head. She knew why he wanted to go there. His first priority was to visit the old age home where his biological mother took her last breath. “And before you argue about coming along, let me tell you, I am booking your tickets too”

Khushi was grateful he considered taking her along. She could manage the holidays without much fuss.

“I will inform Dad.. He wouldn’t mind” she declared.

“Why would a father mind if his daughter travels with her husband?” he replied.

Khushi paused to apprehend that. Husband? The smirk that followed on Arnav’s face cleared her doubts.

“We are getting married before that” he whispered.

Khushi’s stepped back astonished.

“Seriously?” she confirmed.

“I am always serious about you” he acknowledged. “Me and my parents are meeting your family tomorrow and deciding the best date for next week.”

Khushi felt dizzy. Her mind was out of control. She had never faced so much of happiness together in her life. Arnav was her bumper prize; her lifetime achievement award and she wasn’t prepared to receive him so soon.

“I can picture it..” she mumbled.. “You and I together”

“That.. yeah” he got closer again. “And after few years.. You… Me and our kids.. I have already pictured that too”

Khushi giggled. The love and longing were clearly notable in his tone. As he wrapped himself around her again, she kissed him endlessly. No more distractions, no more insecurities. He was finally hers and she, his.


To be Continued


NEXT PART


Note: Short part but couldn’t draft more today.

_________________________________________________________________________________



31 comments:

  1. All is well that ends well. Glad that Arshi are finally getting married. Major part of the credit goes to Aman too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Update. Last part is beautiful Arnav became a bit emotional and vulnerable . His confession is so pure. All these years he longed for love and battled with loneliness . Khushi and Revati will surely have a nice relationship. Arnav is really very protective of his mom . The entire prank idea was of Arnav unbelievable. Revati and Khushi's conversation was amazing now Revati believes only Khushi can complete her family and also blessed her with the bangles as a tradition. Can't wait for Arshi's marriage. Khushi's love finally won. Arnav already started the family planning. Waiting for the next part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Arnav

    ReplyDelete
  4. Khushi outnumbered Arnav and Revati... All is well now... Loved it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great update. Loved it. Can we expect Royal fling update tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's really superb emotional story of arshi and u handle it very nicely thanks dear waiting for arshi marriage and don't end it after marriage pls we want another twist in story to continue further after arshi marriage without their desperation but hand in hand face the upcoming hurdles

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing update, can we get a another update of this ff

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome superb excellent amazing waiting

    ReplyDelete
  9. Khushi actually scared Arnav by backfiring his prank on him only but it was fun & later it turned romantic ❤️

    Loved the loving & affectionate mom-in-law in Revati...

    True that Arnav could never bear the longing & distance even for a few days which Khushi endured for years... But finally her true love & compassion turned her painful HE LOVES ME NOT into HE LOVES ME LOT...

    Thanks for the awesome update Madhu ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy for ArShi.. after all the struggles and separations they are together now.. Revati have changed so much.. glad to see the family together..

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was so beautiful and khushi is getting all the love she deserves from arnav. 😍

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely update! Beautiful ending! All's well that ends well!
    .good to see them happy and in love! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome 😎 and lovely 😊 update. Finally everything is falling in beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome awesome superb updates all your story interesting concept amazing thank you

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent update ..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both are cutest and so much into love. I loved how khushi turn raizadas prank against them. Arnav confession part beautiful.
    Finally Arnav got his family and love back and going to marry his love very soon

    Happy for arshi
    Waiting for next part dear

    ReplyDelete
  17. Finally Khushi love won,love how they picture their future

    ReplyDelete