Like the Page

Total Pageviews

DO YOU FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM? PLEASE DO GUYS :)

Teaser 8 - No One Like You

SEARCH FICTIONS ON THIS BLOG

FREE ON AMAZON PRIME READING

NEW FF: Locked - Prologue

 




Prologue



Arnav’s POV


The Airport looks mess. People have formed long queues to get tested upon arrival and thankfully, me and my brother Akash Singh Raizada don’t have to be a part of that queue. We have a special VIP booth for getting tested for Corona, a pandemic which has shook the whole world, shattered economic pillars of every country, including mine. While flying to London six months ago, where I had been on a Business trip with Akash, we had no idea that soon all the International travel will be banned in and out of India and we both will get stuck in London for six months. Though we were safe in our London Apartment, working from home, we missed our family like hell. It was only now that the International travel with few countries through Air bubbles were allowed and we brothers decided to fly back to our home country. Finally, it feels like home but we are yet to reach our city. Unfortunately, our Chartered plane had to land in Mumbai instead of Delhi where our home is and now Akash is constantly on calls with my Manager, Aman Mathur to put us in the next domestic flight to Delhi.

“Bhai” Akash reaches me and he doesn’t look happy. But its so hard to tell that due to the mask he is wearing. Face masks have become a compulsion whenever you step out of your homes but the one which Akash has on his face at the moment, can even put a kid to laugh. It has sharks and dinosaurs printed on it.

“What’s wrong with your mask?” I ask.

Akash touches the mask and shies.

“The one I was wearing so far slipped from my hand when I was washing my face. So bought this one Bhai”

“What’s wrong with your choice then? You look like a joker right now”


Akash lets out a laugh.

“Bhai, not my fault. There is only shop here at the airport selling masks and presently that’s the only types they had. It’s better to look like a joker than to get infected by the virus or get fined for not following the protocols.”


He is right. I agree.

“Fine” I adjust my black cotton mask which keeps slipping from my nose when I talk too much. “Did Aman arrange our tickets to Delhi?”

“No Bhai. Actually, he could have but the on-arrival rules for international passengers don’t let us fly out of the City for the next 14 days”

“What?” I shout almost gaining attention of the people walking beside us. “What did you say? 14 days?”

“Yes Bhai. After the test here at the airport, we will have to be quarantined for 14 days and only then we can take the next flight to Delhi. Not before that”


No way!! I have been dying to see my family and so is he. How can we stay here for two more weeks?


“What if we make Aman arrange another charter plane for us to fly to Delhi? Can’t we get quarantined at Delhi and not here? It’s not that we are breaking any rules”

“Wish that was possible Bhai. I just spoke to Aman who is discussing the same with the airport officials here and I don’t see they are going to get convinced. Rules are rules for everybody”


I am disappointed but if that’s what needs to be done, I am not going to play my VIP card here.


“Fine, let’s get us tested first”


We get the instant RT-PCR tests done which comes negative and soon someone called Mr. Tyagi attends us. He is part of the Airport team who deals with transferring the VIP class people to their respective quarantine location and the guy already has spoken to Aman which relieves me as Aman knows our preferences.


“Good evening Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada. Welcome back to India”


The man is suited up in a PPE kit (Personal Protective Equipment) which is mandatory for all the officials here. These people have to deal with so many International passengers on a daily basis that they have to ensure their own safety.

“So, where are we heading now? Which Hotel?” Akash queries.

“Uh, Aman Mathur told us your preferences and based on that we thought you will be more comfortable in a Villa rather than a Seven-star hotel. Plus, there will be complete privacy for you both to look into your Business too”


Smart!! I am impressed Aman came up with that thought. Our Business is going through some tough times. We are still juggling to get it back on track. We head to the Exit where a Car awaits to get us boarded. I realize the Driver or Tyagi do nothing to get our luggage in the car which is surprising.


“Sorry Mr. Raizada, you will have to dump the luggage by yourself. We cannot touch that. I hope you understand”


Oh, I do!! I definitely do. The last six months me and Akash who always depended on servants to get every work done, have finally learnt to do things on our own. I turn to Akash who probably is smiling at me. That damn mask!! I wish the masks were transparent and we could see people’s expressions clearly. It’s so hard to read people’s faces otherwise. We dump our bags and our journey to this Villa begins. Mumbai looks breathtaking and I wonder why I never imagined having a house here for the family vacation. We keep coming here only for Business. The roads look deserted even though its hardly 08:00pm. Mumbai was never like this. It was always bustling with vehicles and crowd at almost every street. As if Tyagi reads my mind, he explains the reasons behind it.


“We have a night curfew in the city from 06:00 pm to 06:00 am. People are not allowed to travel unnecessarily or loiter around in groups”


I get it. That’s a great way to reduce the crowd and curb the spread of this Virus for now. After a thirty-minute drive, we finally reach the Sea facing villa. It’s a shame that despite staying so close to the beach, we will not be able to step out of the house for the next 14 days. As we get down and take out the luggage from the car, Tyagi smiles back.

“Actually, I forgot to mention. You will be sharing this place with two more people”


Two more? Is he serious?


“What?” I scowl.

“Sorry Mr. Raizada. I should have told you this before but..”

“Mr. Tyagi, this is insane. You want us to isolate and then you put us with others in one home? How could you do that? What kind of management is this?” Akash argues.

“Actually, we are short of places right now to accommodate so many VIPs travelling back to the country. But don’t worry, they have been tested negative and show no symptoms either. So, you will have to share this Villa with them for the next 14 days. All the groceries have been stocked and if you need more, I am just a call away. The food deliveries will be available too at the door so you don’t have to cook all the time and..”

“Leave it” I interrupt. “We will manage the rest”


I look at Akash who nods at my approval. Looks like we have to adjust. That’s what everyone has been doing ever since this pandemic began.

“Thank you, Mr. Raizada. Hope you brothers have a safe quarantine with those two sisters”

“Sisters?” Me and Akash both ask at the same time.


Tyagi shakes his head introducing the people we have to share this Villa with.


“Yes, the beautiful and charming Gupta Sisters. They returned from Dubai this morning and we have stationed them here for isolation. What a girls..!” He smiles impressed by them. “One is a bit innocent but the other is a rebellious kind. It took me almost two hours to convince them about sharing this Villa with you both.”


Gupta sisters? I look at Akash who is as confused as I am at the moment. I never thought we would be sharing this place with two women!! Beautiful women!! Damn!! I can’t imagine being Locked for 14 days and sharing the same space and facilities with two strangers!! But again, we don’t have a choice, do we?


To be Continued.


NEXT PART 



Note: My first Short Fiction on the current pandemic. This is going to be a Romantic comedy. Thank you Kavita for bringing this idea in my head. Whenever I have promised a short fiction of 8 – 10 parts, I have always tend to extend it beyond and it keeps getting longer and longer. So, this time I am not deciding how many parts this fiction will be. Let it take its own course. But it will surely have all the necessary elements of love during Corona times which I can’t wait to share with you all. Two couples (yet-to-be), stuck in one house for 14 days, sparks have to fly!!

__________________________________________________________

DID YOU READ ARYAN BOHRA'S & AVNI SINGH's LOVE STORY? 


Standalone Romance Novel


Aryan Bohra

They say ‘Patience is virtue’ and I have lived by that term for six long years. Not anymore. The woman who has possessed my dreams all these years, is back in town and she also happen to be my newly hired PR Manager. If there is anything in this world that I have so strongly wanted, it’s HER.

Avni Singh

They say ‘Coincidences mean you're on the right path’. I don’t think so. The man who has chased and stalked me six years ago is now my Boss. I wanted none of my paths to cross his and still here I am, at his Office, as his PR Manager. If there is anyone in this world whom I have so strongly ignored, it’s HIM.

A tangled web of Love, Passion and Responsibility.

READ ON AMAZON KINDLE

BUY  PDF (Indian Readers ) by Netbanking/eWallet 

BUY PDF by PAYPAL

International Readers/Indian Readers can BUY PDF by CARD HERE

READ EXCERPT 1 HERE 
READ EXCERPT 3 HERE

EXCERPT 2 


“What have you told your sister-in-law about me?”


She doesn’t waste a minute and comes to the point whereas I don’t miss to notice the calm she is trying to pretend. I know she is burning from within.

“It’s none of your business what I speak to my sister-in-law”

My reply irks her even more.

“It is my damn business if I am the one you are conversing about. I had been to her Café last night and..”

“She offered you and your friend a free meal” I completed.

She frowns.

“So, she told you that and yet you are pretending like nothing is wrong with it?”

I rise from my chair and circle the table to reach her. It’s not a point asking her to sit. I know she wouldn’t.

“Jiya is being very generous. That’s all it is about”

“Generous? Why on me? I don’t even know her unless she knows me through you”

She swallows the painful knot formed in her throat. I knew Avni would be angry but never thought she would be so hurt.

“What have you told her Aryan?” she repeats.

“Nothing that is not true” My blunt reply infuriates her.

I am playing with words just to see what level she is ready to cross to hear me out today. Avni strides to me and stands closer.

“And what is that truth you told her?” She demands.

“Are you even ready to hear that truth?” I tease her back. “Because the last time I tried explaining, you left the city Avni Singh”

She cringes and my heart pounds so hard that I think it might burst.

“You fled from the town as you had some serious issues with rich men which I assume you still do.”

“It’s my headache” she snaps. “Why do you have a problem with that?”

“Because I WANT YOU in my life, Avni. And I need to know what is standing in my way”

She freezes and stares at me doubtfully. The silence between us is excruciating. Pain twists in my chest as she looks away disapproving my desires.

I grip her elbow and turn her around. “Is it money? Class? Status? What is it that’s forcing you to reject me?” I growl.

“Let me go” she struggles to be free but I tighten my hold on her instead.

“Six years Avni. I have waited for six long years for this conversation and I am not letting you go without listening to me this time”

56 comments:

  1. This was a surprise!!!
    But really excited about the new story you are beginning and the plot is really relatable and interesting.
    Hoping to meet the gupta sisters soon.
    😅

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Start. The way you included pandemic in the story
    is nice. Gupta sisters seems interesting. One innocent and the other rebellious. Innocent one is Payal and rebellious one is Khushi maybe or maybe the opposite. Interesting Prologue. Waiting for Raizada brothers to meet Gupta sisters and they will stay together for 14days. Interesting Prologue😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! The plot seems damn interesting. Looking forward to it :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. An Amazing concept. Love story in pandameic. Nice banner. So VIP Raizada brothers were stuck in London. They missed their family so much. Akash is so funny and Arnav seems serious. Arnav and his love for black is unchanged. They can't meet their family due to covid 19 protocols. Arnav and Akash bond is nice. Arnav and Akash are now going to share the place with 2 People for 14 days. They are the Gupta sisters both are opposite one innocent and other rebellious. Khushi must be the rebellious one like she was in love a rebellion. Eager to meet the Gupta sisters. Never expected this plot. But you always surprise us with interesting concepts. Thanks for this amazing prologue.😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too good👍. IT LOOKS LIKE HUM CHAR EK GHAR MEIN BAND HAI

    ReplyDelete
  6. 😄😄 just what’s needed! Looking forward to this fun ride! 👍😃

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow interesting story on current.situation looking forward

    ReplyDelete
  8. 😄😄 just what’s needed! Looking forward to this fun ride! 👍😃

    ReplyDelete
  9. 😄😄 just what’s needed! Looking forward to this fun ride! 👍😃

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved the concept... It's going to be interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interested,I love the concept ,looking forward to read this .awesome....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwwww Madhu... What an amazing start but firstly, thank u so much for accepting my request for a lockdown love story & also for mentioning my name ❤️ U r a darling 😘

    Coming to the the prologue then it's absolutely an awesome start... HANDSOME RAIZADA BROTHERS r gonna share a villa with BEAUTIFUL GUPTA SISTERS so sparks of teasing, mischiefs, tu-tu main-main, leg pullings & eventually romance are gonna fly all around the villa... I'm sure the cool water too from the sea won't b able to douse the fire of love which would lit between both the would-be-couples... These 14 days of quarantine are gonna open the gates of their hearts for their respective love interests... I'm super duper excited to read their first encounter ❤️ especially Arnav's reaction on meeting beautiful & rebellious Khushi 😍

    Thank u sooooooooo much, Madhu for this fantastic prologue 😘

    Love
    Kavita Wadnerkar ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for New Story.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm excited for this one
    As always loved it 💕💕💕
    Biya

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simply amazing one. Looking forward to read it. Romantic comedy....I love this type of fiction so thank you for sharing this one.

    Madhuji I have a suggestion if possible can you write a story based on an arranged marriage ? I wish to read on this concept in your beautiful style of writing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Something very different. That’s going to be interesting with current situation of corona. Awesome start.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The way you included this pandemic is just wow!Awesome beginning.All the best for your new creation.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yaaaaay finally I was hoping someone would write on arshi on this and it finally came true thank you thank you thank you madu

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very interesting!I just remembered the journey of My Niece's Nanny...had much fun reading it...a romance with comedy... powerful combination

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice concept and as usual you will implement it successfully

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very interesting concept... Eagerly waiting to know about the raizada brothers and gupta sisters ..

    ReplyDelete
  22. Actually am smiling while reading this...ya this what people are going through right now...Wearing Mask taking precautions...Nice start...Am sure it was Khushi whom that man had to convince for 2hr to share that villa with the Raizada brothers...Waiting for this to Start...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute ..love in Corona lockdown wah

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amazing concept and totally new idea.. loved the prologue.. waiting for this story to start.. you are amazing writer madhu keep writing . In love with your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh it's really amazing and current concept

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awesome... Love the whole concept...looking forward to read this epitome romantic story... 😍

    ReplyDelete
  27. What surprise! Very excited for the new ff in pandemic time. Thanks Madhu! I love your job.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow interesting concept. Gonna love this story🥰

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow such as amazing concept.. you're such a unique author.. coming up with such ideas isn't common.. cheers to the new SS.. I'm already imagining cat and mouse game between Arshi and puppy love between Payash :D

    ReplyDelete
  30. Omg sound so interesting.. love ❤️ it can’t wait to start .. lockDown together arshi 😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love it,can't wait😍😍😍😍🥺

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very Interesting and Different Storyline. Seems like a coaster ride journey.

    ReplyDelete
  33. You sure know how to hook your readers �� Just the prologue and we are already excited! Looking forward to it ����

    ReplyDelete
  34. So finally ff/as on pandemic...
    Can you start another story when any of your story gets completed. were arshi are already happily married and they are very well settled.. from there you can start

    ReplyDelete
  35. I agree with Sandystarz like to read a story where arshi are already in love

    ReplyDelete
  36. I wanna request you that as there are many possibilities and request of plots and ideas, so why don't you also starts writing SSs and TSs etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like I will have to start those soon. I am actually getting so many diff plot ideas from you all and it is impossible to adapt all of those into a new fiction every time. So maybe a two short or short stories should work.

      Delete
    2. Awww! Thank you so much for even considering my words❤❤❤, and im sure you will rock them too. They are actually very good form of writing as you can explore ALOT of ideas that too just in few chapters without getting pressured or stressed for maintaining and keeping the essence in ffs.
      Best of luck����❤❤❤

      Delete
  37. Plz write a story of with a mentally unstable khushi and normal arnav. Plzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow! A story with the current pandemic. Hope it will be a light hearted one without any hatred. Thank you for starting a new story

    ReplyDelete
  39. Damn..amazing concept..🤣 eager to read more...

    ReplyDelete
  40. Interesting awesome starting

    ReplyDelete
  41. Aah. Something different! I'm looking forward to this!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  42. Thank you for writing rom-com. I have been requesting you from ages.

    And what an apt topic Madhu. Romance in Lockdown. Tooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I want to read this story as a long fiction afterall Covid-19 stay longer "Writer"😁

    ReplyDelete
  44. Interesting concept....thanks for the surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  45. New FF with current situation. Arshi and payash going to stay in same villa for 14 days. It's going to be a unforgettable days of our couples.
    I think khushi is rebellious kind and payal innocent. Even i love vice versa too. Cat fights between payash and silent and eye lock between arshi.
    Waiting excitedly for first part .

    ReplyDelete

  46. Some weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me due to some issues.

    I did everything to get him back but nothing worked.

    I contacted a relationship doctor i saw online.

    I told the relationship doctor everything that happened,

    He promised to fix my relationship.

    My relationship was restored just as promised,

    My Ex-boyfriend is back and promised never to leave me again

    I am the happiest lady on earth,

    Never too late to fix your broken heart.

    You can still get your lover back...

    Fix broken relationship/marriage...

    Thanks a lot🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

    address:::::: R.buckler11@ gmail. com

    ReplyDelete