Like the Page

Total Pageviews

DO YOU FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM? PLEASE DO GUYS :)

Teaser 8 - No One Like You

SEARCH FICTIONS ON THIS BLOG

FREE ON AMAZON PRIME READING

Yaadein - Prologue




PROLOGUE

Taking a walk at the beach during sunset, had been one of Khushi Gupta’s pastimes on weekends. There was nothing left that she hadn’t achieved so far. Business was running well. Success was at its peak and she was surrounded by people who loved her immensely. But despite all that, a part of her wondered what it would be to have someone she could call her own. She had met a few men in the past few years but none of them touched her expectations of a life partner. Something was missing. In them… or In her…

As she strolled further, she saw a little boy, around 7 years holding a piece of paper in his hand and looking at the sea blankly. She immediately panicked. What was a boy of that age doing alone at the beach side? Where were his parents? What if the strong waves hit him? Did he know to swim? As he started going in the water, she increased her pace. Within minutes she was running on the sand, towards the boy to drag him out. A wave was about to hit the boy probably even drown him if he didn’t back off, when she managed to clutch his wrist and pull him away from water. The boy struggled.


“Leave me” he groaned.

She dragged him far away from the water and turned around.

“You shouldn’t be here. You could have drowned. Where is your mother?” she snapped.

The boy mumbled something looking down. He looked upset. Probably she had scolded him badly and that scared him off. To soothe his worry, she kneeled down and pulled him closer.

“You are too young to stroll around here without your parents”

She then realized he was wearing a badge with the school name written on it. She recalled the resort she had been staying in had a group of kids from India on some educational trip. Probably he was one of them and that explained why his parents weren’t accompanying him.

“You are from Kidzi International School?” she asked.

“Yes” he replied with dreamy eyes. She had seen these eyes before. Where??

“Alright. Lets get back to the resort” she held his hand but the boy looked at the paper he had gripped so far.

“What’s this?” she asked.

He hid the note behind.

“Is that your secret?” she asked with a smile.

“Yes”

“Okay..” she pouted. “Let me tell you my secret. When I was around your age, I used to eat ice creams without my parent’s knowledge”

He smirked.

“I don’t like ice creams”

“You don’t?” she frowned. “That’s strange”

“Dad says I cannot eat sweets”

“Why is that?”

“I am diabetic”

Her smile vanished. Diabetic? Such a little boy had diabetes?

“Don’t be sad” he smiled. “I eat sugar free cakes and chocolates. I love them”

It did bring a smile on her face.

“I told you my secret, wouldn’t you share with me, yours?” she pointed at the paper he was hiding at his back.

He slowly moved his hand forward and clutched the paper to his heart.

“I wrote a letter to my Mom. I don’t have her address to post it. My friends say if I sail this in the ocean, she will receive it from the other end”

Her heart fluttered. His mother? Where was his mother? Was she… dead? Or missing? She gently took the letter from his hand and read the few sentences he had written.

‘Mom.. I am Aarav. Come back to me. I miss you so much.’


Her heart clenched reading those words. She kissed his cheeks and hugged him tight. Tears swelled in her eyes as she felt his pain. How heartless fate was to snatch the little boy’s mother?

“Will you help me send this letter to my Mom?” he hopefully asked.

Khushi had no clue what to reply.

“Why don’t you ask your dad to do that? I am sure he knows where she is and he will help you”

Aarav sighed in disappointment.

“He won’t” he looked down again. “Bua (Aunt) says my Mom is a witch. She left me because she doesn’t love me and hence will never come back”

Khushi’s heart ached. What kind of nonsense that family filled his ears with? Tears pooled in Aarav’s eyes which she wiped off gently.

“Mom’s never hate their children. If you believe this, she will surely return to you someday”

His face lit with joy.

“Really?” he asked.

“Really” she pinched his cheeks. “So, for now, lets sail this letter in the ocean. Come on”

She took him back to the water and helped him sail the note. The paper floated for some feet and then immersed inside. She silently looked at the sky and closed her eyes to pray to the almighty to send the boy’s mother back to him, from wherever she was.

As soon as she finished praying, they heard a woman’s voice.

“Aarav.. what are you doing here? Its your father’s call from India. Come on, lets go inside”

“Dad has called?”

“Yes..”

Khushi left his hand and Aarav ran towards the resort. He suddenly stopped and came back to her. He pulled her down and kissed her cheek. She was touched by his little gesture. She kissed him back and let him rush to the resort again. But as soon as he was gone, she pounced at the teacher.

“Is this how your school looks after the children abroad? How did Aarav come here without anyone’s knowledge? He could have met with an accident”

The teacher was shocked.

“Ma’am. We ensured all kids are inside the resort. I am not sure how Aarav came here”

“This is heights of recklessness. If this happens again, I will complain to the higher authority and ensure your school never gets new admissions hereon. And I don’t have to tell you that I am going to inform this negligence to Aarav’s father as well”

The teacher was scared.

“Please don’t do this Ma’am. If Aarav’s father gets to know, he will shut our school”

“So be it. You people deserve it for the carelessness you have shown here. I need his contact details”

“Ma’am please” she begged.

“Contact details” she growled.

“Arnav Singh Raizada” the teacher replied. “That’s his father’s name”

Khushi froze. Arnav Singh Raizada? Aarav was Arnav’s son? No wonder they looked alike and had a lot of resemblance. Arnav was her senior in college and if she recalled correctly, he had even ragged her on her first day of the University. And since then… their enmity began.. a cold war between the two which the whole college was aware of. But those were old times.. now they were two matured people who could handle each other better if they happened to meet again. She smiled at her thoughts and headed back to the resort.

To be Continued.


NEXT PART 

_______________________________________________________________________________


NOTE 

Swept Memories – One of my old works from India Forums which unfortunately I could never complete. I have got numerous requests from the readers of this blog to come up again with a similar plot. Considering that, I am starting this new fiction on this blog named – Yaadein. Avoiding keeping the same name as it might create confusion between my old works and new. It will have similar plot with some Character tweaks here and there. Will begin this fiction from next week. This will be a 20 – 30 part Story only.

_______________________________________________________________________________


To Read the Complete Fiction on Amazon Kindle
Buy PDF Copy by Card
Buy PDF Copy by Paypal

51 comments:

  1. Wow such a fresh concept loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thats another interesting plot! Thanx Madhu for giving us good content to read everyday! And cherry on the top its our fav pair featuring in it with all the essence of the original characters intact! It really amazes me how you have so many different plots yet retain the similarities of the characters in each of them! Its a blessing to have come across your work! Thanks again for being there and continuing to write for us selflessly! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️��������

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just hope khushi is not suffering from Amnesia and Arav is not her son.Had read a similar story long time back..Nice start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice start. But hey Madhu di, I have been requesting you to write something light hearted story kind of romcom.
    Or write along the storyline of childhood sweet-hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome . If the Prologue is so interesting the story will be too good. You always surprise us with your creations. Khushi's interaction with the child was so cute and heartwarming. They already formed a bond. This story reminded me of Teri Ore there was Aashi and here is Aarav. What happened to Aarav's mom I guess Aarav is Khushi's son . Why did Aarav bus said something so insensitive to a kid. Loved how Khushi consoled Aarav and her concern for the kid. Arshi already knows each other and are enemies . Thanks for always keeping us glued to such interesting concepts 😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good start , very eager to read . Already arshi known each other and going to meet soon
    Update soon .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks madhu. I prefer short stories than the long ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Madhu .. even it's a small story I want to read how they became one again ... But will Khushi get to know arnav is her son in early chapters if this story.. old story was more curious when you stopped it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very interesting

    ReplyDelete
  10. Who is Arav's mother? Doesn't look like it's Khushi as she never met Arnav after college. Is he really Arnav's son? I dint read swept memories so i dont know the plot. But this is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting... Looking forward to this story...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel like I'm going to love this ff going to one of my fav I think ��

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting start..
    Is khushi his mom?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting start....nice plot.....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice start, anything between arnav and kushi in past.aarav is her son

    ReplyDelete
  16. New story.. wonderful prologue.. ready to embark this new journey of ArShi.. Thanks for new story Madhu <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Did Khushi lost memory here...Coz the way you portray her she's little sad as if she had forgotten some part her life...Anjali is the devil here...Can you plzz clarify this is Khushi the Mother here...Mother of Arav...Plzz answer...I dont want Arnav to have another woman in his life other than Khushi be it ealier...Plzz Madhu...Nice Start by the way...Looking forward to read this new ArShi story...Plzzz reply me...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous wonderful starting madhu

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ahh i love this stories already wen the prologue is soo interesting and soo emotional and amazing the story will be the best 😍😘👌i am waiting to ready to story soon 😍loving it i love emotional stories 😍❤👌 post it soon

    ReplyDelete
  20. Interesting prolough. Looking forverd to it

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi ..I am your fan from Egypt..happy that you will complete swept memories..I hope you will complete also your old story the Wait where Arnav had a twin.please put this on your mind if you begin a new story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? I too would love to read the wait story's concept but a new ff with the same concept.. I'm not requesting you to continue that old ff but that concept was amazing if you could re use it. Please think about it. No pressure.

      Delete
  22. loved the prologue will wait for the story

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow that's an amazing start. Is Khushi Arav mother and she has had amnesia?

    ReplyDelete
  24. First of all, thanks for new story Madhu. Like all your stories this one also seems to be interesting... Nice prolouge.. Waiting for further updates.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Interesting let's begin with new journey of arshi

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great prologue ...you made me too interested to read this story now

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow... New story... Another interesting plot... Congrats Madhu...

    Seems Khushi has lost her memory & probably forgotten her marriage with Arnav & also their son Arav.. May b she suffered some accident... Also feel Arnav's sister is behind Arshi seperation...

    Thanks for the new story Madhu...

    Love
    Kavita Wadnerkar 😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also thank u so much Madhu for giving three updates in one day... I really value ur hardwork & I respect u not only as a reader but a writer as well as being a writer myself I know how much time & efforts it takes to draft one perfect & satisfying update for the readers... Thank u so much & lots of love 😘

      Love
      Kavita Wadnerkar ❤️

      Delete
  28. Interesting prologue.. waiting for story to start

    ReplyDelete
  29. Intresting. But hope they don't have any misunderstanding

    ReplyDelete
  30. thank you so much for a new Arshi story...,,🥰🥰😘

    ReplyDelete
  31. Amazing and Beautiful storyline. Thank you so much Madhu for sharing such a wonderful and different story with us.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow loved the interaction btw kush and aarav ...looks like another epic love story

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wonderful start Madhu. Arnav and Khushi college mates being enemy �� Interesting update.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Nice one. But I want a story where arav will live with khushi from the start. Every time kid is with arnav and not with khushi.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Nice prolong can't wait to start reading it thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  36. Omg other amazing interesting concept madhu 🙏😍 thank you ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love this new plot. Can’t wait to read further

    ReplyDelete
  38. Some weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me due to some issues.

    I did everything to get him back but nothing worked.

    I contacted a relationship doctor i saw online.

    I told the relationship doctor everything that happened,

    He promised to fix my relationship.

    My relationship was restored just as promised,

    My Ex-boyfriend is back and promised never to leave me again

    I am the happiest lady on earth,

    Never too late to fix your broken heart.

    You can still get your lover back...

    Fix broken relationship/marriage...

    Thanks a lot🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

    address:::::: R.buckler11@ gmail. com

    ReplyDelete