Like the Page

Total Pageviews

DO YOU FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM? PLEASE DO GUYS :)

The Pursuit (A Spy Romance)

One Hellish Desire

SEARCH FICTIONS ON THIS BLOG

NEW Swoony Romance on my Premium Content

Rise of the Devil - Part 13

 



PREVIOUS PART 




Chapter 13



Khushi’s POV



“Step…. Step mother?” I glare at Buaji who is as cold as ice. She is aware of the pain she has given me by hiding this fact from 15 years.

“Khushi..” she tries to hold my arm but I step away.

“Don’t” I snap. “Just don’t”


I am hurt. Right from my childhood I have treated her as my mother, my only companion in this house who made me feel homely and warm. And she kept such a big truth from me? I recall asking her and Dad about Buaji’s family and they kept telling me her husband fled and never returned. I was aware she had a son and I thought he too wasn’t alive but today after knowing she is Devil’s step mother has broken something I felt for this woman.
 
“I don’t think I can trust anyone of you anymore” I shout and without letting them a chance to explain, I rush back to the car. “Take me home” I yell at the driver who waits for Devil’s instructions and I suppose he gets one in my favor as the next instant, he drives me out of this temple.


****************


Arnav’s POV


Madhumatiji stares at me like I stabbed her heart once again. Yes, I have seen that look of hers in the past and she has always been cold to me since then but today when I broke the truth of my relationship with her to Khushi, it pinched her past wounds. I don’t even know if I deserve to explain why I had to do this. She is my only family left and taking her blessings with my wife was mandatory but I have hurt her and that’s because maybe she wanted to break this news to Khushi herself which failed because of me.


“Madhumati” Shashi Gupta’s voice breaks our eye contact. “Some day she had to know that Arnav is your son”

“Step son” she snaps almost immediately and now it bruises me. STEPSON! Yes. I can never forget that either. She has never treated me like her own neither I could give her that place of my mother.

“You should speak to Khushi” Shashi Gupta continues. “I am sure she will understand why you did this”

“Don’t you both think she is having a hell lot of things these days to process? First her marriage, her husband’s real identity, the restrictions he imposed on her and now his connection to me. How many times are we going to hurt her?”


Me and Shashiji both go quiet.


“She needs a break from all this. Allow me to take her away for some days. I want her happy again”

“And I want her alive” I scowl, my tone enough to ascertain I am not going let Khushi out of my sight ever.


Me and Madhumatiji both glare at each other until Shashiji intervenes.


“I have been talking to Arnav about this. He is taking Khushi to Shimla and if you can join them too, it will be nice. At least Khushi will have someone to share her feelings if not with Arnav directly” He suggests.

“Shimla?” Madhumatiji responds. “I don’t think she is going to allow me anywhere near her knowing I have hurt her”

“She will. All she needs is time. I will speak to her otherwise” Shashiji suggests.

“But I can’t leave you alone” I interrupt turning to Shashi Gupta. “I don’t want our enemies’ eyes to turn at you knowing we are all away”

“Don’t worry about that. I know your guards will keep me safe. And its hardly a matter of one week”


I am not very confident about this so I decide to put some additional security on Chandra Mahal and Shashiji until we three are away for a week.


******************


Khushi’s POV


“wow… just wow.. I am such a fool. In fact, anyone can fool me easily” I push away a vase from the side table which breaks into pieces.


The door opens and the Devil gets in. My room is a mess with all broken piece of glasses and other items here and there. Even now I am holding another vase in my hand.

“You better get out before I throw this vase at you” I warn.


He scans the room and I realize he isn’t happy seeing this.

“Mala” He shouts angrily and the poor girl rushes inside.

“Jee..”

“You were told to keep an eye on her all the time” He barks at her. “Do you realize any of this could have hurt her?” He points at the broken glass pieces.

“She asked me to leave her alone” Mala replies shivering.

“I pay you to be with her, not to leave her alone. Follow my orders or pack your bags and leave”

“What the” I yell, bringing his attention back on me. “Don’t use your power on that poor soul. You have a problem with me, talk to me” I challenge.

“I am coming to you too, don’t worry” His killer tone sends a shiver in my body. “Get this room cleaned” He instructs Mala and then strides to me.


Before I can even comprehend, he snatches the vase from my hand and keeps it away.

“We are leaving for Shimla tomorrow morning” He mentions


Shimla? Why? The reason instantly kicks in my head.

“Oh my god” I shout. “You are taking me for a honeymoon? How dare you? I haven’t even accepted you as my husband and you want me to go on a honeymoon with you? I know Judo and Karate too Devil. So, don’t even get any dirty ideas”


He glares at me and then exhales as if he has given up on explaining me.

“Keep your Judo and Karate to yourself. Pack your clothes and get a good sleep tonight. Morning we are flying there”


Wait. Flying? I swallow. I don’t have very good memories of flying in a Jet.

“I am not flying anywhere with you” I cross my arms.

“Fine, we have enough sedatives to keep you unconscious when we fly. Resist as much as you like but this trip is not going to be cancelled. You, me and …” he swallows painfully. “And.. Madhumatiji will be going together”


Buaji is coming along? And wait, did he just call her by name? My pain resurfaces. I am still not happy and convinced that these people hid Buaji’s connection with Devil from me.


“So, she is your mother?”

“Step mother” he debates looking away. I think this is a sensitive topic to him. All these days, I have never seen them even conversing normally with each other.

“I am sure it was your idea to hide her connection with you, from me” I ask. “When you all didn’t trust me of digesting this fact, how come you trusted me to be the Devil Queen? As far as I have judged, I should be the least capable woman to take up that title considering I have no interest in your world and most importantly I have no interest in the Devil King”


Now he looks pissed. He steps forward, forcing me to move behind.


“You never had interest in me?” Is he questioning or confirming? I nod in denial.

“Never”

“Then why the hell were you so interested in making me run after you all the time?”

What? I made him run after me? When? I keep stepping behind at every predatory step from him towards me.


“Why did you keep gawking at me from your bedroom window all the time?”


What? I gawked at him? Fine. I did. So?


“Why did you force your father that you will learn self-defense and shooting only from me?”


Okay. That’s not what I want to discuss right now.

“Why did you ask me if I would elope with you?”

He keeps raising his doubts leaving me speechless and pinned under his gaze and in between his strong arms. I realize I am stuck and there’s no way I can escape this.

“I thought you were different” I mutter meeting his sharp gaze. “Different than my father.. different than the people who worked for him. Least did I know you are the one ruling this dark world otherwise..”

“Otherwise what?” He growls leaning closer to my face.


Why does his actions and words not match? Heat coils in my body seeing him so close. He is the DEVIL KING!! I keep reminding that to myself.

“You would hate me?” He completes my sentence?


Hate is not the right word but I still nod in agreement.

“Yes, I would have hated you Devil.. from the beginning.. from the moment I laid my eyes on you”

“YOU LAID YOUR EYES ON ME? ME??”


What the hell!! Is he smirking or grinning? And why is he twisting my words? His breath fans my cheeks as he leans closer to my ear. I shut my eyes, curbing the desire to grab his shirt (not sure to pull him or to push him away).

“Hate me as much as you want Khushi, but that still doesn’t change the fact that you are my DEVIL QUEEN now” he whispers in my ears, his nose pressing in my hair, his lips almost touching my earlobe.


Each word he utters, tickles my body but the ringing of his mobile phone breaks our moment. He pulls away and stares at me as if he himself is confused why he reacted like that. We stay gazing at each other for another few seconds until the ringing becomes aggressive and louder than before.


“What?” he barks answering the call. “here?”

His expression sobers down.

“Send her”


He disconnects the call and looks at me again.


“Your friend Payal has come to see you. She will be downstairs. Come soon”


Payal is here? Oh my god. I have missed her so much and I cant wait to see her either.

“Send her in my room” I command.

“Not happening. This room’s condition will give her a heart attack. Get ready and come down”


He is right. I watch him walk out of the room and in no time I rush in the bathroom to freshen up. I am all sweaty.


******************


Arnav’s POV



I don’t know what just happened in the room between me and Khushi. I have never been this close to her and teasing a woman is not my forte. Yet, I did all that and even kept reminding Khushi she is Mine.. I am all that she has got and there is no chance she can screw my radar. I think Khushi’s presence around me and our new relationship is messing with my head and making me lose my focus. That’s why I never wanted a woman in my life so soon. I cannot shift my attention from my mission. The far I stay from her can keep me focused. Maybe once we get to Shimla, I will leave her with Madhumatiji and groove myself again for the mission.


I reach the living room where I see Khushi’s friend Payal sitting alone and she looks nervous as if she has been sitting inside a lion’s den. As soon as she sees me, she gets up.


“Hi.iii” She mumbles wiping the sweat from her face.

“Khushi will be here in few minutes” I say turning to one of the guards who was watching her. “Ask the maid to get some coffee and snacks for Payal”


The guard nods and ushers out.

“Umm. Congratulations” Payal softly extends her arm to wish me. “I heard you married Khushi”

I am about to reach for her hand when Khushi gets in between us and gives Payal a tight hug.

“Thanks for showing up here” Khushi exclaims. “And no need to wish anyone. He married me without my will. Did you forget?”


Payal keeps looking between me and Khushi as I eye my wife for being so inconsiderate.

“Can you please excuse us?” Khushi snaps at me. “I need to talk to my friend privately and don’t worry I wont leak your secrets”


My secrets? Huh!! She has no idea about anything related to me. I walk away giving a sweeping glance to Khushi, letting her spend this little time with her friend.


*****************


Khushi’s POV


I tell Payal everything and she is scared just like I was at the beginning of all this.


“You mean he is the Devil King?”

“He is. Doesn’t he look like one? My God, you won’t believe I was actually hitting on him all these days and he happened to be the only man I should have run away from? Look how ungrateful life is towards me”

“Oh Khushi. Stop cursing your life. You were never like this. Own your mistakes”

“My mistake?” I glare. “You too think I forced his actions?”

“Part of them you did and part of them his heart made him do I suppose” she grins.

“Heart? Devils have no heart”

“Only in story books. But the real ones do have a heart”


Payal’s words bring a laugh on my lips. We laugh heartily together.


“Thanks, Payal. I haven’t laughed in past few days”

“I understand” she holds my arm. “By the way, looks like I will have to take my gift back”

“Gift?” I quickly look behind her and there is a box wrapped with golden paper on the couch. “Is that for me?”

“It is. The moment I got to know about your marriage, I thought of buying you a special gift but now that you have told me on what basis this marriage happened, I don’t think it’s the right one for you”

“Oh come on. All your gifts have been awesome” I take the box from the couch and I mean what I said. Payal has given me sensible gifts according to the occasion and my need all these years.

“Open it” Devil is back in the living room and he reaches us in no time.

“My wish. I will open it later” I debate.


He doesn’t seem convinced.


“I know Payal is your friend so be grateful that I am letting her gift you but only on one condition. You got to open it right before me otherwise she has to take it back with her”


What the hell!!

“What nonsense is this?” I growl.

“OPEN IT” His challenging tone makes me want to punch his face but I don’t want to put a fight show for Payal. She is already scared and nervous.

“Fine. It’s not like this is a bomb or something or anything that can help me flee from this place.”


Payal grabs my arm when I start unwrapping.


“Khushi, are you sure you want to open this before him?”

“Don’t bother about it Payal. You know he doesn’t receive gifts in his dark world. Let him be satisfied seeing the ones I get from my loved ones”


I wink at her and continue unwrapping. Payal is hell nervous right now but she doesn’t stop me again. I open the box and see a red color netted cloth inside. Having no clue what that is, I take it out from the box to see it properly and my jaw drops. It’s a see-through netted lingerie. Damn!! What did Payal think before buying such a gift for me this time? My eyes automatically shift from Payal to Devil who expressions are hard to read. I don’t think he has ever seen something like this in his dark life before.


“Uhh..umm.. This is … good” I swallow showing confidence on my face. “I mean.. its my favorite color and.. its exactly what I would love to wear .. at … night..”


Shit. What the hell am I talking? I shut my mouth, pack it back in the box and grab Payal’s arm.

“Come, let us take a walk outside”


Payal nods and we both are off that room, but I can still feel his pricky gaze on my back as I move out.


To be Continued.


__________________________________________________________________________________

NEW EXCERPT 4 - Marriage Jitters (Accidental Marriage Series Book 1)


Standalone Romance Novel of Accidental Marriage Series Book 1 

Billionaire Viren Dewan’s sister was getting married in one month and Event Manager Tarini Kaur bagged that project to plan her wedding. She struggled organizing the wedding as Viren Dewan’s classy extravagant attitude kept hurdling her work. Least did she know they had a history together, a knot which his family easily forgot and hers denied to accept. What would happen when that past resurfaced?


A roller coaster ride of a forgotten accidental marriage, claiming its identity between Innocence versus Power.

READ ON AMAZON KINDLE


EXCERPT 4



In few minutes I am back to the Open lake-facing lawn of the resort where the Mehndi ceremony is still going on. I am thirsty. I stop a waiter to pick a glass of water but suddenly someone else grabs it before me. It’s Viren Dewan again. He gestures the waiter to leave and offers me the glass.


“It’s okay” I reply. “I will find another one”

“I took this for you”


The heated look and the tone of his voice sends shivers in my body. It’s hard to ignore my bodily reactions whenever he is around me. Something I need to find why.


“Why?”

“You can’t pick the glass on your own. Your Mehndi will spoil”



I hadn’t realized it yet. He is right. Glad he didn’t let the artists effort go in vain but his unnecessary help confuses me.

“Let me hold the glass for you” he came closer and I took a step back.

“No thanks” I swallow the uneasiness rising in my body. “I will ask Shuby to do that”


I cannot let him help me drink water. He is my Client. Bonding with Client is one thing and letting him get so close is another.


“Shuby is busy and so is the rest of your team. Stop fussing and drink”

He doesn’t let me argue. My lips touch the brim of the glass and I gulp the water slowly, trying to read the compassion for me in his eyes. I don’t want people to see us and gossip. I quickly gulp some water.


“Thanks” I try to leave but he stops me again.

“Did you read my note?”

I didn’t expect him to ask but I nod.

“Yes”

“Both?”

“Yes”

I fall short of words.

“And?” he meets my eyes. I am not sure what he wants me to say?

“And what Mr. Dewan?”

“Viren” he takes another step closer to me. I feel caged.

“Uh?”

“Call me Viren” he urges. I eye him like he said something out of the world.


27 comments:

  1. The last part was funny ������

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb...that gift part was beyound expectations 😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was embarrassing moment!! Good going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Update. Payal gifted Khushi a lingerie and Arnav saw it and Khushi also said in nervousness that she will wear it. What will be Arnav's reaction. Hope Arnav shares atleast something with Khushi so Khushi understands him. Arnav's possessiveness for Khushi is nice. Waiting for the next part. Thanks for the Update😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  5. What exactly happened between Arnav and Buaji Arnav consider her as his family where as buaji consider him as her step son. Buaji loves Khushi so much and can't see her in pain and Arnav wants her safety. Love Arnav's possessiveness for Khushi. Waiting for Arshi's Shimla trip and Buaji is also going to accompany them. Khushi is totally frustrated the way she warned Arnav is cute. Arnav cares for Khushi. Love Khushi's fighting spirit. Hopefully she will show her judo karate skills someday. Arnav is hurt when he heard Khushi has no interest in him. Payal is really scared of Arnav but Khushi is carefree. Khushi atleast got Payal to share her thoughts and Payal understand Arnav's feelings. Payel's gift was unexpected. Now Khushi also went further and said she will wear it at night. Now waiting for Arnav's reaction and how Khushi is gonna face Arnav after this. Last part was😀😀

    ReplyDelete
  6. Serious and hilarious at the end....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahah the last was cool 😎 😜
    Awesome update

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving this FF.. loved how Arnav teased Khushi and the gift part was hilarious.. I couldn't stop laughing.. I doubt that after getting to Shimla Arnav will be able to leave Khushi and groove himself.. instead he will forget his mission and run after Khushi..

    ReplyDelete
  9. This ff is very interesting as it has many emotions and twisys and turns, please for once this should also get a double update. Plzz right now the story is progressing at a very slow pace, so if you can pleaseeeeeee give another update. Always your biggest fan, much love❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  10. Arnav is right from the first time khushi laid her eyes on him she distracted him in all the ways and anyone in arnavs place will thinks like that only that she has some feelings for him he also a man so fro his side he also responded from his heart what's is past arnav has don't know wants to know about that it must compelled him to take the devil king position to revenge his enemies who is that enemies don't know he only has madhumadiji not otherlike brother sister or cousins that too don't know this is really a thriller one and interesting also and thatintimate scene between arshi so hot but this scene is this hot then what will happen that realromance of arshis phew going to get fire hmmm both r like real devil's in fighting with each other cutely and that payals lingerie gift scene was hilarious 😂😆 khushi opened the box and get shocked and she see the reactions of arnav oh and literally her blabbering and arnavs reactions about it thinking that I can't stop my laugh while reading that part and imagine that in scenary was really hilarious 😂😆 thank you dear for the wonderful update please update sooooooooooooon dear

    ReplyDelete
  11. Superb Update...Arnav will try to stay far from Khushi...Nah i dont think he will be able to do this...And last part was funny...Now what will be Arnav Pov on this gift...Waiting for Next Part...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why It’s seem to be a short updat?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't wait to see Arnav's POV about the gift

    ReplyDelete
  14. Why is buaji going to Shimla with them? Kabab mein haadi 🙈🙈

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't wait to know arnav 's pov on last part ������

    ReplyDelete
  16. Madhu aj konsi update ane wali h????

    ReplyDelete
  17. It was funny at the last. Well arnav seems to have a hard past. So I hope both of them come out of their dark world together! Thank you sis!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful fabulous update dear

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the fact khushi is keeping up her confidence 😂👌
    This is what makes her the Devil Queen
    Loved the fact that she creates affect on arnav
    As always loved it 💕💕💕
    Biya

    ReplyDelete
  20. Read all the parts in a go....a wonderful and an amazing story. Loved Arshi in this, ... last part in this update was 😀😀😀. Waiting to see Arnav's POV on this

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow am imagining arnav's expression wow payal is crazy

    ReplyDelete
  22. I damn sure arnav going to tease khushi about this dress in future. Waiting for arshi trip. Poor khushi,according to her all are fake. Hopefully atleast buaji and arnav tell their past , bcz buaji sharing her side of story not favourable for arnav.
    And I'm feeling something going to happened to shashi when arshi will go to shimla.

    Waiting for next update dear.

    ReplyDelete