Like the Page

Total Pageviews

DO YOU FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM? PLEASE DO GUYS :)

The Pursuit (A Spy Romance)

One Hellish Desire

SEARCH FICTIONS ON THIS BLOG

NEW Swoony Romance on my Premium Content

Rise of the Devil - Part 16B

 



PREVIOUS PART 



Chapter 16B




Khushi’s POV




This is heights of dominance and cruelty. I had taken my stand and told him literally he cannot have the both versions of me together. If I choose to be his wife, he will have to give up his Dark World and if he cannot, then I might still be the Devil Queen for him and his people, but only for that namesake. I will never accept him as my lawfully wedded husband. But that didn’t go well with him and he challenged me to teach me become both. How dare he carry me in his bedroom? I share all this with Payal who happens to call me tonight to know how my vacation was progressing.


“Oh my god, you bit his shoulder?” she asks. I know Payal is blushing at the other end.

“Payal, I am serious”

“Alright, Sorry. I am serious now”


I hope so. I am not in a mood of funny talks.


“Remember you told me once he hates getting attention from you?”

“Yes, but that’s old news Payal. I don’t think he is very interested in ignoring me now”

“You are not getting my point Khushi. Men like him are so rough and void of love. If they start getting pampering from a woman, they recoil, repel because they are not trained to be so caring and lovable ever”


Okay. I am slowly getting her point. It makes sense.


“You mean? I.. I start being good to him?” I ask.

“No harm in trying. That’s the only way I see to get him on your side or shoo him away forever if he dislikes your pampering”


I don’t think that’s a very good idea. We are talking about the Devil King here.. Not a common man. We talk for few more minutes until sleep takes over. The next morning before my alarm rings, the door knocks hard.

“Khushi”


I hear devil’s voice and that’s the last thing I want to hear that too at the beginning of my day.

“Go away” I scream.

The banging stops and I want to pat myself for being successful in shooing him away but then the next instant the door opens and he gets inside.


“What the…” I quickly get up, grabbing the sheets to cover my body. “How did you get inside?”


He takes a minute to realize I slept in a short thin-strapped nighty last night.

“You are forgetting this is my house” He mentions. “I have keys to every room”

Right!! That means he could have followed me last night after I bit him. But he didn’t.


“Freshen up, wear something decent and come down. I want you to meet someone” he commands.

“Are you out of your mind? It’s hardly 08:00 am. Who meets guests this early?”

“They are not guests. Just do as I say”


I won’t!! When he sees my challenging look, he storms in the room and slides the closet open to pick one dress by himself.


“Stop touching my stuff” I shout unable to get down from the bed all thanks to the short night gown clinging to my body.


He picks a Yellow Anarkali I had packed as an extra apart from my woolen outfits.

“I don’t mind selecting your inners too if you don’t get up and start acting on my commands”


My cheeks flush at his warning.

“You wouldn’t” I challenge with a short laugh.

His jaw clenches and then he turns around and opens the drawer where I have arranged my inners.

“Don’t” I shout and act upon this situation instantly. I run to the closet and snatch the inners he had just picked for me. “How dare you touch them?”


I keep them back in the drawers and shut the drawer. When I meet his gaze, I realize the Devil is admiring me in my night attire and his eyes have darkened with desire. I grab the robe from the closet and wear it.


“Just get out of my room”

“Come down in 30 minutes, or else I will come back and drag you down in whatever state you are. Don’t challenge me”


I wish to strangle his neck but I curb that urge for now and watch him leave. Fine!! If he can challenge me, I too will show him who’s the winner this time.


****************


Wearing the same Anarkali dress after a quick shower, I come down. Devil is sitting with a couple.. an elderly couple. I don’t know who they are but the way he is talking to them, relaxed and casual, makes me believe he knows them very well. As if he senses me, Devil turns around and I am just halfway on the stairs yet.


“That’s her” He says getting up and reaching me.

“Who are they?” I whisper when he entwins his fingers with me and leads me to the couch.


The couple watches me approvingly.


“She is Khushi, my wife and Khushi that’s my Uncle Manohar Malik and his wife Manorama Malik”


Maliks? Are they his maternal relatives?

“Hello Hi Bye Bye. Arnav Bitwa, she is so beautiful. Where was she hiding all this long?” His aunt comes and pulls my cheeks softly.

“I wasn’t hiding” I answer. “He was”

Devil gives me a glare.

“I mean, I didn’t know he had relatives too” I add smiling at the couple.

“He didn’t tell you for a reason Khushi bitya” Uncle comes ahead. “My Nephew is a very mysterious man”

“Indeed” I nod. “Uh.. Why don’t you sit while I make some tea, coffee for you?”

“Oh no. we already had one. We came to know you both were here so we thought of coming and seeing you.”

Uncle quickly elbows Aunty and she recalls something.


“Oh yes. We have something for you”


She walks to the couch where her bag is and takes out a small box. It’s gift wrapped.

“This is for you”

I don’t take it but turn to Devil to know if I should. Anyone noticing us would take us as a normal couple, which we are clearly not but I cannot help take his inputs before accepting gifts from his relatives. I don’t even know these people but somehow meeting them makes me feel good. Do they know what their nephew does for a living? Are they part of his dark world too?


“Take it” Aunty coaxes. “This is not a gift. It belonged to Arnav’s mother once and now you have every right to own it”

For the first time I notice Devil’s eyes softening as he looks between me and the gift. I accept the gift and the next instant lean down to take her blessings.


“God bless you and may you and Arnav live a happy life hereon” She cups my face and tears spill from her eyes in no time. “Oh my god. I don’t wish to spoil my makeup”


The way she says makes me chuckle.

“Please make my nephew smile frequently like you do” Uncle teases.

“Maamaji please” Arnav interrupts.


We all head to the couch and sit next to the couple, chatting with them for some more time. They seem to be a happy pair who just loves teasing each other a lot.


“Come on Manorama. It’s time for our flight” Uncle mentions checking his watch.

“Where are you going?” I ask curiously.

“We are going on a vacation to Maldives. It’s been long since we had time for ourselves. Arnav knows how much your Maamji is always busy working otherwise”

“We are going on our second honeymoon” Uncle teases admiring the blush on Aunty’s face.

“Don’t tease my kids. They couldn’t go on theirs.”

“How can you say so? They are here in Nainital and its no less than a honeymoon for them. Am I right Khushi?” Uncle mocks us again and I am blank.


I don’t see Buaji anywhere since morning and I wonder if she is locked in her room as she didn’t want to face Devil’s maternal uncle and aunt? I have so much to learn about Devil’s family still. Suddenly I realize my bite mark on Devil’s shoulder, is visible as his T-Shirt’s neck portion slides an inch away from its position but the man has no idea. He is so busy talking to Uncle that he doesn’t even realize it. I clear my throat, a bit louder to get his attention and fortunately he turns to me.

I gesture him to hide it and he doesn’t understand. I pull up my dress’s neck area to make him understand what I am hinting at and he simply glares thinking I am purposely playing with his mood. Dammit!!


“Don’t worry” Aunty interrupts. “Your uncle is too oblivious of such things. He won’t notice”


OMG!! My cheeks heat up as I face his Aunt again. She noticed that mark?

“I thought you both don’t get along well yet but seems like our information is stale”

“No.. I mean.. It’s not like that Aunty” I look down. How can I explain her I bit him to get freed from his hold? And there was nothing romantic about it.

“Call me Maami. Arnav calls me that”

“Okay” I smile back.


Maama and Maami finally decide to leave. Arnav gives them a hug and we both walk them out. Since they are walking ahead of us, I quickly pull Devil’s T-Shirt neckline to hide that bite mark. He is stunned but soon realizes what I was trying to point at from past few minutes. We wave at the couple as they get in the car and leave.

“Huh” I exhale. “Your Aunt is very smart. She saw it and thought we are..”


I pause realizing something.

“Does that pain?” I ask.

I have never hurt anyone physically so even if this is Devil, we are talking about, I am still regret for doing that to him.

“What if I say, yes, it pains bad? What will you do?” he challenges.

Okay, he is either testing me or saying the truth. Either ways, I don’t want to take the risk. So, I drag him to the Kitchen and push him to the counter.

“Take off your Shirt”


I don’t wait to see his reactions instead I open the refrigerator and take out few ice cubes.



To be Continued.




Connect me on Instagram
Connect me on Twitter


_______________________________________________________________



No Wedding Bells - eBook Sunday Offer + Combo Subscription LAST DAY

 EBOOK @ INR 109. ONLY TODAY





LAST ONE DAY LEFT


DEAL CLOSING FOR NEW USERS - HURRY GRAB YOUR SUBCRIPTION FOR ONE YEAR BEFORE IT ENDS


Hundreds of Readers have already Subscribed. This is a limited Offer and the Window to purchase is closing soon. GRAB YOUR SUBSCRIPTION NOW. Once the offer ends, you will not be able to make new purchase of this Subscription. HURRY 


COMBO SUBSCRIPTION FOR ALL EBOOKS (EXISTING + FUTURE RELEASES UPTO ONE YEAR) - BUY HERE


Indian Readers / International BUY BY DEBIT / CREDIT CARD HERE


19 comments:

  1. Loved it... Khushi is in surprise every time... Let's see what's the future holds for them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Khushi getting to know Arnav’s relations. Hmmm will Khushi follow Payal’s idea🤔 by pampering her husband!! Awesome update

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Update. Nice to see Khushi's concern for Arnav. The way she is taking care of him is good. Thanks for the Update😍😍.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a surprise element in each of the updates.. Enjoying it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Khushi wants Arnav to leave the dark world and become his wife. There must be a reason behind Arnav being associated with the dark world. Khushi shared everything with Payal and Payal told Khushi to pamper Arnav. Arnav here is too angry but somewhere he loves Khushi. So finally Arnav's Mama Mami arrived and they also know about Arnav's mysterious side. Arshi pretended normal. Hope Arnav shares atleast something with Khushi. Arnav got emotional on the mention of his mother. Buaji seems to have some problem with Mama Mami. Khushi is concerned for Arnav 's wound and would take care of him. Arshi will surely come close. Waiting for the next part.😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unable to predict anything.... just will go with the writing, but an amazing one

    ReplyDelete
  7. A genuine love and care from Khushi will be the best remedy for Arnav's rough and tough character... hope he gets the lost loving portion in his life and their relationship changes for better

    ReplyDelete
  8. Superb Update...hmm so some more people are in the picture now...Waiting for Next Part...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome episode
    I just hope khushi won't betray arnav
    I want her to accept the fact and reality about arnav and from arnav I want him to realize the importance of relationship in life also make her understand the nature of his job I'm sure he isn't doing anything bad I mean I hope😅
    One of the mysterious stories I've ever read
    As always loved it 💕💕💕
    Biya

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice part A.and B..hope arnav's words.dont come true and khushi never stab his back

    She should tell.him.about police

    Loved the way arnav challenge khushi..
    He has mama mami too

    Looking forward

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so waiting for both of them to fall in love... And more interested to know who fall in love first ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute mama & mami 😍💓 trust him khushi ,he is the only person who will not hurt you and save you from every evils.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel Arnav is doing all this in good sense as in he destroyed that Segal's place because they must be supplying harmful drugs or medicines

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sometimes I feel bad for khushi. She doesn’t deserve this dark world. Arnav doesn’t want to leave the dark world anytime soon. Wonder how it will go with them. Nice update! Thank you sis ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so predictably disgusting. She will show care even though he treats her like she is his slave. She will show him love and light. He will realize his love. And happily ever after. These things makes me cring how you writers very conveniently forget about girl's self-respect and her choices.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I finished reasing this today to bring it upto date

    ReplyDelete