Like the Page

Total Pageviews

DO YOU FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM? PLEASE DO GUYS :)

The Pursuit (A Spy Romance)

One Hellish Desire

SEARCH FICTIONS ON THIS BLOG

NEW Swoony Romance on my Premium Content

Locked - Part 7



PREVIOUS PART 



Chapter 7



Day 5


Khushi’s POV



I wake up early this morning and the first thing I remember is that Arnav Singh Raizada already had a girlfriend. He was the man I considered dreaming about most of the nights ever since I first saw him and he is committed to someone else. Damn!! I hide my face in the pillow. Life sucks. Maybe Dad was right. I should let him look for grooms. Till when will I avoid marriage? He wants to get both me and Payal married together, same Mandap and I have started liking that idea.


I am still thinking of Dad and how soon I can see him again when my phone rings. It’s him.


“Hey Dad.. You will live for 100 years. I was just thinking about you.”

“Really?” he laughs. “What were you thinking?”


I cuddle the pillow.

“You remember asking me if I am ready to get married?”

“Yes, I remember that day. You had pounced on me and denied tying a knot anytime soon.”

“I have changed my plans” I pout. “You can start looking for a suitable groom to me.”


There is a complete silence for a few seconds. I hope I am doing right.

“Are you sure Khushi?” he clarifies and I exhale.

“Very. I don’t think anyone else can find a better groom for me, than you.”


He laughs again. “Alright. I will begin the hunt. How is Payal doing? Is she around you?”

“No, not yet. I will ask her to call you later.”


He agrees. We speak for another minute and then I hang up to begin my day. When I come down showered, Akash and Payal are busy gossiping something. Their closeness surprises me. Payal has always been so shy and reserved but with Akash Singh Raizada, she is totally different. I find Akash pushing away a hairlock from her forehead and I clear my throat to get their attention. Payal jerks behind and from the face of Akash, it looks like he is finding a place to hide.


“What is going on here?” I ask.

“Nothing, we were discussing today’s … today’s..” Akash is short of words..

“Weather” Payal completes it for him.

“Yes.. weather. The.. weather is so beautiful today, isn’t it?”


I turn to the huge glass window of the living room from where the sky and the ocean was clearly visible.

“I don’t find any difference.”

“Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.” Arnav speaks joining us in the living room with his coffee mug.


In a black T-shirt and grey pants, he looks completely unavoidable but… that man is taken. I avoid meeting his gaze and hurry to the kitchen. He follows me.


“How’s your mood today?” He asks taking a swig of his coffee.

“Good.” I fake a smile. “In fact, very good” I lie.

“Uh huh” he smirks as if reading my lie. We cook in silence. I make Upma and Arnav makes Omelets for him and Akash. He keeps stealing my glances, in between, giving me a frenzy feeling again but I hate men who already are committed and yet they don’t mind giving hopes to other women. Never thought Arnav would be one of them. I ignore him. Payal and Akash helps me arrange the stuff on dining table when Arnav gets an official call and walks out.


“I can’t believe this..” Payal suddenly blocks me in the kitchen.

“What?” I ask confused by her actions.

“You called Dad today and told him to look grooms for you?”


I gulp.

“Of course. You didn’t expect me to be single forever, did you? And you too have given your approval to him long back. I did today. What’s the difference?”


I pick the fruits basket and place it on the table.

“Really?” She glares. “What about Arnav Singh Raizada then?”


Payal’s to the point query puts me into an uncomfortable zone.

“What about him?” I pretend to be oblivious to her question.

“Khushi.. What is wrong? I thought you have some soft corner for him.”

“That’s not true.” I sigh. “I mean.. I had.. but before it could turn to something concrete, I stepped back.”

“But why?”


Akash comes out with the jar of Juice and we take a pause. He gets back in the kitchen to get the glasses.

“Because he already has a girlfriend.” I murmur.

“Does he? How do you know? Did he tell you that?”

“What’s the need to tell? Didn’t you see how he spoke to that woman called Sheetal yesterday? I miss you.. I want you home before I land in Delhi.. got cosmetics for you.. blah blah blah.” I pause.. “Who says all this to a random woman? Of course, he is dating Sheetal.”


“Oh” Payal frowns. “That’s tricky. I mean, yes it sounds like he is dating that woman but what if he is not and this is your misunderstanding.? Why don’t you ask him openly?”

“Openly? I laugh. “What will I tell him? Arnav.. I am interested in you so can you please confirm if you are already dating someone so that I can back off?” I exhale. “Come on Payal. I don’t want to look like a fool.”

“But..”

“No” I snap. “I am very clear this time. That’s why I asked Dad to look grooms for us.”


“us?” Akash almost shouts as he comes out of the kitchen. His shocked expression surprises me and Payal is equally confused.

“What’s wrong with him now?” I whisper to Payal who shrugs.

“Did you ask your father to look grooms for you two?” Akash reconfirms and I nod.

“Yes, you have any problem with that?”


He is speechless for a moment.

“I … I don’t know what to say.. I mean. .. What’s the hurry?”

“Hurry? What hurry?” Arnav is out again and I ignore him in the pretext of serving myself.

“Bhai, seems like Khushi has asked her father to look grooms for them.”


Arnav is stunned too but he turns to me, as if to know if this is true.

“What’s the hurry?” Arnav asks me the same. “It’s not that your age is running out.”

“I think this is the best age to get married but we both are emotionally set for taking up this new responsibility in our lives. Right Payal?”


She shies but nods in approval.

“See..” I smirk turning to Arnav whose expressions are hard to read.

“Okay” Akash swallows. “So, you two believe in arrange marriages? Not love?”

“We believe in marriages, love or arranged, is hardly our concern.” I respond.


Arnav begins to eat.

“What kind of a man are you looking for?”


His direct question once again brings a fuzzy feeling inside my body.


“How cute..” I mutter. “You will help my Dad to find one?”


Payal giggles and Akash is still lost.

“Maybe I already know one.. Your type.” Arnav mentions, without breaking his heated gaze from me.

“You know my type?” I debate.

“Maybe I do.”

“What If I changed my mind on the type I men I liked so far?”

“Since when?”

“Since Last night..”


Now he is controlling his grin and I don’t understand how a man can enjoy a woman’s heart breaking because of his false hopes which he never gave verbally to me, yet it hurt.


“Last night seems to be an eye-opener for you then” He comments.

“It was..” I mutter. “I realized what I was missing in life.”

“Well,” He sips some juice. “Last night you were missing a Dupatta which I returned you back.”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean, maybe what you are missing, has something to do with me.” He teases.


He has that nerve to tell me that? He wants to double date? How dare he? Wish I could call that Sheetal and tell her what her boyfriend is doing at her back.


But right now, I am done with this conversation. “You know what Arnav Singh Raizada? Nothing I ever want in my life, lies with you. So I suggest you stop having those hopes and focus on your present commitments.”


I wipe my lips and get up.


“Khushi?” Payal grabs my hand. “You hardly ate.”

“I am not hungry.”


I say that and leave for my room.


*****************

Arnav’s POV


Seems like Khushi has taken my yesterday’s prank very seriously. She thinks Sheetal is my girlfriend and hence poor woman asked her father to find a groom for her. I laugh, unaware of the other two pair of eyes staring at me.

“Bhai, what was that?” Akash queries. “Why do you always fight?”

“Poor Khushi” Payal sighs in disappointment. “She cannot stay hungry for long but when he is angry like she is today, she hardly thinks of food.”


Oh!!


“Don’t worry, I will make her eat.” I finish my breakfast and make her plate again, heating the upma and brewing a fresh coffee for Khushi and walk in her room. She is busy on her laptop. I knock.

“Payal please go away. I am not in a mood to eat.” She scowls thinking it’s her sister. When I don’t speak but just enter the room, she lifts her gaze and sees me.

“Yooo..uuuuu?”

“Yes… Meee…eee..” I reply in the same stuttering tone keeping the plate on the table before her.

“Why are you here? Don’t you have calls to make?”

“You mean Business calls? Or personal?”

“That doesn’t matter to me anymore”


She shifts her eyes to her laptop screen and I decide to end her agony here. Maybe letting her know that Sheetal is not my girlfriend can help fix her mood again.


“Khushi, I … I have to tell you something.”


Her eyes widen in surprise and her jaw drops.

“Dad is too quick” she mutters to herself but I hear it.

“What happened? What did your Dad do now?”


She eyes at me as if asking why should I be bothered but then a smile drops on her face.

“Looks like my Dad has found a groom for me.”

“WHAT?”

She sees my shocked expression and nods affirmatively.

“He has sent me his profile too.”


Payal knocks the door and gets inside that very instant.

“Khushi, dad had called. He..”

“I know” She smiles. “He has emailed me the prospective suitor’s details.”

Khushi glances at me once before reading the details of that man loudly before us.


“He is an NRI. He works in Australia but had come to India for some work and since the pandemic, he couldn’t travel back. Now that he is here, his family wants him to marry before heading back to Australia along with his wife.”


My fingers fists at that info. Did I underestimate her father? He was too quick. Just an hour or two ago Khushi announced her interest to marry and her father emailed her the biodata of that groom? As if this guy was already in his mind.


“He likes photography but seems he is little weak in Hindi. What do you think?” Khushi asks Payal who is way too excited right now.

“Oh my God, this guy sounds interesting. I need his picture.” Payal giggles. “Has he sent one?”

“Not yet. Dad said, he will send one by evening and if I like it, we will have a video call with that guy tomorrow.”

“Seems pretty fast to me” I intrude.


Payal pouts but Khushi seems pretty sure about going ahead.


“Don’t know about you but I am very serious in my commitments.”

“You mean I am not?” I rise to my feet.

Payal quietly leaves us alone to debate and I am so damn glad she did.

“I never said that.” Khushi argues. “But its high time you focus on your relationships Arnav than poking into mine.”

“I just want to say you are unnecessarily hurrying for this… Don’t”

“And why should I take your advice?” she gets up and faces me challengingly. “We hardly know each other.”

“Then lets know each other..” I snap hauling her to me.


Khushi places her arms between us over my chest, to stop me from pulling her closer.

“Sheetal is not my girlfriend Khushi. She is my 17-year-old cousin whom I treat no less than a baby sister.”


Her jaw drops. A long silence stretches between us as if she is trying to process this new information. But only when I thought she would smile and thank God that I am still single for her… she surprises me again.

“So? Why will I care what Sheetal means to you?” she asks.

“Because I sensed you jealous about my relationship with her yesterday Khushi. So, don’t lie.”


She swallows as my fingers grip her stronger.

“That’s.. not true. I wasn’t jealous, just annoyed that you stole my dupatta and hid it. Story end.”


She pushes me away and hurries out. How much will she ignore this talk? We only had 9 more days left to understand if we really wanted to be together forever. And I don’t think that’s enough!!


To be Continued.



Connect me on Instagram
Connect me on Twitter

_______________________________________________________________

Short Survey on Paperback books requested


Thank you for you feedback on my previous Survey 1

I needed your few minutes to go through the next survey form regarding which Paperback books are you looking for? 

Click on this LINK for answering this Short Survey 2.


23 comments:

  1. Awesome Update. 9 more days are left. Hope Arnav and Khushi come closer. Finally Arnav cleared that Sheetal is his 17 year old cousin. But Khushi's jealousy is really cute. Thanks for the Update😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Khushi is sad thinking that Arnav has a girlfriend and asked her dad to look for groom. Akash and Payal's bond is growing. Khushi's attraction for Arnav is increasing. Khushi lied to Payal that she doesn't have any feelings for Arnav and told about Sheetal. Khushi is jealous from Sheetal. Khushi asked her dad to look for groom. Akash and Arnav both are already interested in the Gupta sisters. Khushi has feelings for Arnav and Arshi have some connection between them. Arnav is really naughty he knew Khushi's state and enjoying it. Like the way Arnav took the initiative to clear Khushi's misunderstanding. Sheetal is Arnav's baby sister.😀😀 Khushi is still ignoring Arnav. She must communicate her feelings so that Arnav can understand her. 9 more days are left. It will be interesting what turn Arshi relationship take. Waiting for the next part 😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both need to hurry. Awesome update 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arnav revealed about Sheetal on his own bcz khushi's father in jet speed for finding groom. Only 9 days left, feeling like arnav going to initiative talk about their feelings.
    Payash moving forward too
    Waiting for next update dear

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Writer" I have a feelings that Khushi Dad or Anjali already intent to let them know each others that’s why this 2 couples are arrange to live in this same house.And they will find out this surprise at last🤔

    ReplyDelete
  6. Want one more update of this story tomorrow. Madhu you always agreed for yotbm3 back to back update. Please update this story again tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww poor poor Arshi...one wanted her And the other one is still pretending to ignore!!!!

    Aage kya hoga? Uffff...jaldi se next part or atleast precap.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's nk may be Or his dad choose arnav itself.. Waiting

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful fabulous update dear

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lagta hai nanheji ane wale hai. Weak in Hindi. NRI maje ajayenge. Now want to see how arnav will react when she will start chatting and laughing at his silly jokes. Pls pls update this story tomorrow also.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The biodata is of arnav and I am sure about it .loved the update

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely update madhu darling 😘😘😘😘 btw when we will get YOU OUGHT TO BE MINE update😐😐😐

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice update.uff they argue so much..
    Khushi due to jealously made the decision so fast ..now arnsv clear it let see what she will.do

    ReplyDelete
  14. Waiting for a jealous arnav ...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Arnav's plan of making Khushi more jealous backfired on him only... Khushi went 2 steps ahead of him & her father is more faster then her who found a groom for her within an hour of her consent for marriage 😁... I guess Arshi's family already know each other & may b they r planning on their alliance only...

    Nice update, Madhu

    Love
    Kavita Wadnerkar ❤️

    ReplyDelete