Like the Page

Total Pageviews

DO YOU FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM? PLEASE DO GUYS :)

The Pursuit (A Spy Romance)

One Hellish Desire

SEARCH FICTIONS ON THIS BLOG

NEW Swoony Romance on my Premium Content

Rise of the Devil - Part 27B

 




PREVIOUS PART




Chapter 27B



Arnav’s POV


Aman laughs heartily when I share everything that transpired between me and Khushi last few hours. I called him up on phone to discuss about Jaipal’s search and also to inform him that I don’t need a divorce lawyer anymore. That’s how he kept digging for more and I shared everything openly.


“Oh My God. Did she really say she is the Boss between you two?” he asks, holding his laugh for a second and then laughs again.


We are on a video call and its really hard not to react when your best friend is so much enjoying your state.


“Whose side are you in, Aman?” I mutter.

“I don’t know.” He replies. “Seems like I am already loving her. She is perfect for you Man.”


Perfect!! That word washes away the humor from my face which Aman notices too.


“What is your dark brain thinking now??” he asks getting serious.


I rub my face. “She is perfect, I am not. That worries me.”


Aman exhales.

“Stop considering yourself so bad. You both are meant to be together and that’s why you stopped her from leaving to Denmark.”


I nod gently not sure if that is enough assurance for me to smile again. Khushi was like a flower – colorful, happy, refreshing and good to the eye whereas I was that poison whose shadow even could hurt her. And I didn’t want to give her any pain. I wanted to be the reason of her smile, not the cause for her tears.


“Hey” Aman’s voice shook me from the reverie. “You should focus on your present and future now. Let the past be gone forever. What do you think?”


I don’t think that’s easy but Aman being my well-wisher always gives me this motivation. The door knocks and I see Khushi standing there, leaning against it, staring right at my face.


“Busy?” she mouths softly as if unsure if she should be interrupting me or not. I wave at her to come inside.

“Is it her?” Aman asks curiously on the video call and his voice reaches Khushi’s ears too. He is really loud.

“Yea, that’s her. Hold on.” I say before turning to Khushi who is still not in the frame where Aman can see her. “I want you to meet someone.”


Khushi’s eyes glimmer in delight as I pull her arm and bring her to my side where she can see Aman on the phone screen and vice versa.


“That’s Aman Mathur, my friend and she is..”

“Khushi” Aman intrudes smiling at both of us.

“I know that voice..” Khushi mutters. “He was the one on call this morning, wasn’t he? He was looking for Divorce lawyers for you, wasn’t he?”


Aman laughs as Khushi’s nose flares in anger.


“That wasn’t my idea. I was totally against it” Aman replies. “But if you still feel I was wrong, then I am sorry.”

He holds his ears and Khushi breaks into a laughter. “I like this guy.”


Now my brows twitch high. She never said that about me.

“That’s too soon.” I debate. “He is a bore.” I lie.

“Excuse me?” Aman retorts. “I am a bore or you are? I am the one who has always kept you entertained.”

“I know” Khushi supports him. “And from now on, this responsibility is mine.”


They both laugh and that brings a smile on my face too. I have never felt like a family man before, like I do now. I have my wife, a good and loyal friend, and hopefully this family will grow.


**************


Khushi’s POV


I had never imagined Devil would introduce me to his friend. In fact, I never knew he had a friend. Aman Mathur seems to be a great guy. Most importantly he laughs which my Devil doesn’t. I would like to know how they met and all but that’s for later. Right now, I need to do something else.


“Where is our wedding gift?” I ask Aman who shrugs.

“Anything you two want.”


Arnav stares at me as if he knows I am going to surely ask something out of the box.


“We want you to come for dinner here. At our home tomorrow”

Aman’s eyes widen in surprise.

“No way, he can’t come tomorrow.” Arnav retaliates. “He has work to do.”

“I can take an official off from work for one day.” Aman suggests.

“You are not getting an off” Devil barks at him. “Not until Jaipal is traced.”


Jaipal? I swallow recalling how I had been to his Club putting my life in danger and then Devil has saved me.


“Arnav please.” Aman pleads. “One day off can do no harm.”

“He is right.” I interrupt their argument. “Aman deserves an Off and it’s my orders you approve it.”

“don’t” Arnav scowls at me. “you might be the Boss between us but you cannot intervene in my mission.”


It hurts but he is right. Devil knows better what his mission is and how critical.


“Arnav, come on. I promise to resume back to work the immediate next day after seeing you both.” Aman keeps debating. “Look at me. Don’t I look sick? I need a day off. That’s it.”


I hold my laughter seeing Aman’s tantrums. Arnav shrugs in anger.


“Fine. Just one day and you will go back to Mumbai.”

“I will” He nods and screams in joy. “Wow.. I am coming to meet you guys. So excited..”

“Me too.” I reply smiling at him.


Arnav and Aman talk for another minute and then he disconnects the call.


“I won’t repeat this.” I declare apologetically.


He doesn’t understand.


“Intervening in your work.” I add.


He rolls his eyes and crosses his arms glaring darkly at my face.


“I will ignore this one, but please try to understand Aman is really the key to all my work. If I am leading this mission, its because he has got eyes on every inch of my dark world.”


I nod. He is right. I shouldn’t have invited Aman without his permission.


“I just wanted to meet him in person. After all, he is your friend and it’s rare that you introduce me to people who love you. Otherwise, I have always met your enemies so far..”


My reply makes him smirk.


“I have more enemies than friends and family. Start living with that truth.”


I sigh and the next instant, my hands curl around his neck, inching closer. He glances at my lips, gripping my waist.

“We can change that you know.” I reply, blushing.

He keeps staring in between my eyes and lips as I continue.

“Now that we are together, we are a family. And …” I hold my blush knowing what his next reactions to my words will be.

“And?” Devil pulls me closer. He is a man of dark desires; I can read that from his face but poor man!! He never had time to live up to those. But now he has me. “AND WHAT KHUSHI?” He groans.


I bite my lip before completing my statement.

“Abhi mood nahi hai.” (And Now I am not in a mood..)


I push him away while he stares at me stunned and flustered.


“The meals are ready. I mean I ordered them for tonight. Hope you will like them.” I mumble.

Devil clenches his jaw. If that’s for ordering the meals or for not completing my earlier statement, I don’t want to judge for now. Giving him another reminder to come out for dinner, I walk out.


*****************


Arnav’s POV


“Pizzas?” I mutter disappointedly as I see Khushi serving some Pizza slices in our plates.

“Well,” she pouts. “There is Pastas and some noodles too. Please feel free to try.”


I stride to the table and realize she has ordered all of this food without even considering my choices.

“Khushi, I don’t like all this..”

Khushi frowns.

“Seriously? Devil how can you hate Pizzas and Pastas?”


I exhale.

“Whatever” she shouts. “I had guessed that already. So, I ordered some Indian food for you. Hold on.”


She did? Mala comes out with the tray and Khushi instantly helps her by keeping the bowls from the tray on the table. She serves me food and just like my guards do, she is about to test the food herself before feeding me when I stop her.


“You don’t have to do that.” I command.

“Who said I am testing your food? I am just tasting it to see if it’s good enough for you to savor” she teases.

I open my mouth to say something but seeing her eat that Roti Sabji so cutely, I am blank for some seconds.

“This is lovely.”


I start eating and watch her relish the Pizzas and pastas. Looks like she can eat them any time of the day.


“These are my favorites.” Khushi adds. “I was so missing them.”

“Eat as much as you like tonight.” I reply. “From tomorrow you wont be eating those for months again.”

Her jaw drops.

“What? Why?” She is still having food in her mouth but she doesn’t stop talking to me. “Why wont I eat them again for months?”


Whatever Khushi does, almost all of her actions I find cute now.


“Because they give you nothing but calories.”


My reply doesn’t bother her a bit.

“So what? If I gain some weight will you stop liking me?”



Her silly question makes me think in the other direction. Khushi gaining some weight will be a treat to watch.

“Answer me.” she demands and I grab her hand over the table.

“I can help you put on weight for the right reasons, you don’t need to eat junk for that.”


Her cheeks flame with color as she understands the meaning behind my words. Our fingers entwine as our gazes’ dance with each other.

“Biwi mili nahi ki family planning shuru?” (You have hardly got a wife and you even started to plan for a family?)


Khushi’s reply brings another smile on my face. Seems like I am going to smile a lot hereon. But she is right on one thing. I am in no hurry of starting a family with Khushi. It’s too soon considering my mission is still half way and my relationship with Khushi has just begun. We still have a long way to go.


To be Continued.


NEXT PART


Connect me on Instagram
Connect me on Twitter

For those who have already read my eBooks, Your reviews matter and boosts me to write many more in future. So, may I ask you to kindly leave your reviews for these Books in any of the links below? 

Amazon Link for Book Reviews - https://amzn.to/2ShkpW7

________________________________________________________________


For those who have read my recent new eBook - No Wedding Bells, know already who Ruhi Singh is. So will Ruhi find her Happily-Ever-After? 


Standalone Romance Novel

Ruhi Singh

Happily-Ever-After is not what I was looking for after a heart-breaking love tragedy in my life 9 years ago. I still believe in love but it’s simply not for me anymore. Burying the demons that scared me, I have stepped into a new world to make a fresh identity and only when I thought things will sort out for me now, I get an invitation from the Royals of Mahalpur for teaching Painting to someone from their family. I take it up as they are ready to pay me a huge sum for this three-month tutoring. Least did I know life was throwing a challenge named Raunak Malhotra, the eldest son of the Royal family, who had an attitude as high as Mt Everest and anger which could burn a whole city in seconds.

Raunak Malhotra

Happily-Ever-After is not what I was looking for after I lost my wife, 4 years ago in a car crash. Now all I have that reminds me of her is my four-and-half year old daughter, Palak. Burying the bruises of my loss, I tried to step ahead but my family thinks I have changed. I am not the one I used to be once. To alter their beliefs, I agree to this stupid idea of learning a new skill which can calm my mind and bring me out of my loss forever. I know that’s freaking impossible but I will do it for them. Least did I know life was throwing a challenge named Ruhi Singh, my new painting teacher, who had a heart of gold and was as damaged as I am at the moment. We are both scarred, so how the hell can we soothe each other?

Can two broken souls unite and get their happily-ever-after?


READ ON AMAZON KINDLE


NEW EXCERPT 3 


I rise to my feet as Ruhi collects the sheets, admiring the ones which Palak painted.


“So, you were the mastermind?” I demand to know.


Ruhi stiffens at my query but continues to ignore me which I hate the most. I grab her elbow and whirl her around, pinning Ruhi to the table behind.


“What are you doing?” She wriggles to get off my hold which only strengthens it.

“Don’t you dare use my daughter to get your job done. I will not tolerate that henceforth. Do you understand?”


My chest tightens with anger and disappointment. Today this woman taught Palak to act, tomorrow she might do worse.

“You left me no choice.” She debates.

“Don’t give me that excuse. Next time you involve Palak, this contract is over.”


She clenches her jaw.


“Do you understand?” I repeat and she quietly nods in agreement, giving up.


I release her and grab my jacket, then walk out.

________________________________________________________________

COVER CHANGE 




















Standalone Romance Novel


Aryan Bohra

They say ‘Patience is virtue’ and I have lived by that term for six long years. Not anymore. The woman who has possessed my dreams all these years, is back in town and she also happen to be my newly hired PR Manager. If there is anything in this world that I have so strongly wanted, it’s HER.

Avni Singh

They say ‘Coincidences mean you're on the right path’. I don’t think so. The man who has chased and stalked me six years ago is now my Boss. I wanted none of my paths to cross his and still here I am, at his Office, as his PR Manager. If there is anyone in this world whom I have so strongly ignored, it’s HIM.

A tangled web of Love, Passion and Responsibility.

READ ON AMAZON KINDLE



NEW EXCERPT 2 


“What have you told your sister-in-law about me?”


She doesn’t waste a minute and comes to the point whereas I don’t miss to notice the calm she is trying to pretend. I know she is burning from within.

“It’s none of your business what I speak to my sister-in-law”

My reply irks her even more.

“It is my damn business if I am the one you are conversing about. I had been to her Café last night and..”

“She offered you and your friend a free meal” I completed.

She frowns.

“So, she told you that and yet you are pretending like nothing is wrong with it?”

I rise from my chair and circle the table to reach her. It’s not a point asking her to sit. I know she wouldn’t.

“Jiya is being very generous. That’s all it is about”

“Generous? Why on me? I don’t even know her unless she knows me through you”

She swallows the painful knot formed in her throat. I knew Avni would be angry but never thought she would be so hurt.

“What have you told her Aryan?” she repeats.

“Nothing that is not true” My blunt reply infuriates her.

I am playing with words just to see what level she is ready to cross to hear me out today. Avni strides to me and stands closer.

“And what is that truth you told her?” She demands.

“Are you even ready to hear that truth?” I tease her back. “Because the last time I tried explaining, you left the city Avni Singh”

She cringes and my heart pounds so hard that I think it might burst.

“You fled from the town as you had some serious issues with rich men which I assume you still do.”

“It’s my headache” she snaps. “Why do you have a problem with that?”

“Because I WANT YOU in my life, Avni. And I need to know what is standing in my way”

She freezes and stares at me doubtfully. The silence between us is excruciating. Pain twists in my chest as she looks away disapproving my desires.

I grip her elbow and turn her around. “Is it money? Class? Status? What is it that’s forcing you to reject me?” I growl.

“Let me go” she struggles to be free but I tighten my hold on her instead.

“Six years Avni. I have waited for six long years for this conversation and I am not letting you go without listening to me this time”

27 comments:

  1. Fabulous wonderful update dear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Update. Arnav is very intense and romantic and the way Khushi said abhi mood nahi hain is too cute. Arnav is hinting towards family. Only Khushi can make Arnav smile. Loved the way Arshi relationship is progressing. Thanks for the Update😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally Arnav is opening up a bit.. Khushi is on a roll.. loving her.. Arnav still needs to pull up his socks in romance matter.. feels like he's still holding back a little.. maybe it's his insecurities or shyness .

    ReplyDelete
  4. At last they are talking without anger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aman is really funny . Arnav is thinking about his imperfections. Love the way Aman motivated Arnav. Khushi and Arnav may be different but Aman is right they are made for each other. Arnav wants to protect Khushi from his dark world. Aman and Khushi finally meet. They will share a great bond it seems. Arnav's possessiveness is at peak. Arnav is gradually becoming a family man. Arnav though hurt Khushi but he is on a mission. Can't wait for Aman Khushi meet. Arshi got romantic and Arnav was getting intense but Khushi said abhi mood nahin hain. Like Arshi's cute nok jhok. After Arnav's mission gets completed hope they will start a new life where their relationship will bloom beautifully. 😍🔥😀

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow just love how devil is starting to show his feelings is terrific

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope aman one day holiday don't bring trouble for arnav.
    Arshi cute moments 😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved this update... Hope Khushi's invitation will not bring any trouble...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Khushi is so cute. Love the update. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woww i am loving it yar arnav Khushi and aman talks were soo fun to read enjoyed and what mission is arnav talking abt abt ?? I am talking from before two chapters one i fid red from middle ... Soo madhu help me in it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't get enough of them
    Such a cute couple they are also liked the character of aman
    Can't wait for further episodes
    As always loved it 💕💕💕
    Biya

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesomeeee update dii..loved each n evry bit of the update.. Aman n Arnav's bonding ����.. but I seriously hope nothing goes wrong while Aman meets Arshii.. Arnav n khushi's cute nok jhok moments are always a treat to us.. loved thee update and waiting eagerly for the next update dii❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh come on!!! Yes plzzzzzzzzzz no family planning from now on!!!! Its really toooooo soon.

    Its such delight to see them behaving like a couple.

    Arnav, why don't you teach khushi some tricks and tips with self defense techniques and all. It wud be so interesting to see you teaching khushi and helpful too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope nothing goes wrong when aman on off. Khushi such a tease. I loved arshi teasing each other and romnce too.
    Waiting for next update dear

    ReplyDelete
  15. So lovely 🥰 Like to see Arnav and Khushi mingling together very freely. Aman was cute friend. Fabulous update

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely. Hope Aman comes with lot of pizzas and pasta and wanna see asr face then.
    Family and weight for right reasons - great

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice update...
    Aman too good yaar...
    But him coming to their home will be risky?

    She order the food, he is designed food lover wow..

    Seems khushi is brining happiness is life
    Looking forward

    ReplyDelete
  18. Superb Update...Waiting for Next Part...

    ReplyDelete