Like the Page

Total Pageviews

DO YOU FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM? PLEASE DO GUYS :)

The Pursuit (A Spy Romance)

One Hellish Desire

SEARCH FICTIONS ON THIS BLOG

NEW Swoony Romance on my Premium Content

My New Boss - Season 3 - Part 6




PREVIOUS PART


Chapter 6



Khushi’s POV


Lavanya bursts out in laughter when I share how Arnav Singh Raizada is pissing me off at everything he does. It’s been a month now that we have started working together – correction – it’s been a month now that he is working on my commands yet I feel I am nowhere in control. He has tried to use my assistant Aman to get to know more about me. He never pays attention whenever I am leading a conference yet he has answers to all my questions. He roams around me like he is the Boss here and not vice versa. He also never leaves a chance to mock at me and though we both try to keep ourselves from seeing each other more at work, we still happen to bump into each other, either by coincidence or on Ayush Sir’s orders.


“I am going insane here and you are laughing?” I ask, checking myself in the mirror to see if the black dress looks good on me and it definitely does.

“Sorry darling but that man is seriously Hot and you should call yourself lucky to be around him. Doesn’t his charm affect you?”

I snatch the Coffee from Lavanya and sip some.

“eeks.. This is bad.”

“You made it,” she winks at me and I roll my eyes. Yes, I am bad at making coffees in fact I am bad at cooking too and cannot cook much other than simple pasta and noodles.

“How am I looking?” I finally ask her opinion on my dress.

“Good..” she gives me a thorough glance top to bottom. “Hot and gorgeous too. I mean, the men in tonight’s party will swoon on you but poor them. They have no idea you are not going to pay attention to even a single man.”

“That’s right” I sip some more coffee before grabbing my purse.

Our venture with the Ghosh Group has initiated and we are working hard to win that client’s heart by our hard work. Today’s party is to celebrate the togetherness of these two big companies, in a hotel owned by the Ghosh family. I have heard Aatish Ghosh is back from whatever work he had been for in Singapore so I am expecting him to be there too.

Lavanya gives me a tight hug.


“Go. Rock that party and make sure you spend some nice time. And please smile. The world is not ending today. Enjoy a bit.”


I exhale. This is not the first time Lavanya has advised me to chill but that’s not in my nature. I am a very introvert person and peace lover. I like that trait in me which is never changing. She drives me to the Hotel as my driver had to take an emergency leave today.


“Thanks so much,” I say turning back to her. “I will take a cab for my return.”

“You sure? I can come pick you again.”

“No ways. I don’t want to disturb your beauty sleep.”


She passes me her dimpled smile and then holds my hand.


“I think you should start driving again. It’s so long now and…”

“La..” I stop her from dragging this conversation. “Not now please.”


She nods understandingly.

“Alright. Enjoy. Bye”


I get down the car and wave at Lavanya who drives away. The moment she is gone, Aman reaches me. He is always the first to be at such events.


“Hello Ma’am.”

“Hi Aman. You are never late, are you?”

He shrugs leading me inside.

“Just want to make sure you are comfortable Ma’am,” he adds pushing the door open of the club where the event is organized. Thankfully, this is not a funky party and typical business one where people are busy making business talks rather than boozing and dancing. Typical my kind of party. Silent and informative.


“There she is..” Ayush Sir’s voice breaks my trance and he reaches us in few strides. But he is not alone. His son, Arnav also accompanies him. In a navy-blue suit, the younger Raizada does look smart and suave.

“Hello Sir..” I greet Ayush Sir.

“Hello Pretty woman. You look fantastic tonight. I really wish I was like three decades younger to propose you. I mean, who wouldn’t want such an intelligent wife?”


Seriously? A smile pops on my lips.

“Come on Raizada,” one of our clients, Mr. Patel joins us. “You still have a younger version of you in your Son. Ask him if he is interested in having a wife like Khushi Gupta.”


NO EFFING WAY!! Me and Arnav glance at each other quickly before turning back to these old men.


“Never.” Arnav speaks first, and I am suddenly annoyed. He rejected me? ME?

“What?” Ayush Sir and Mr. Patel become serious at his open rejection.

“Don’t get me wrong gentlemen” Arnav adds. “I am not really ready to commit for now. I am happy single.”

“That’s sad.” Patel comments. “What about you Khushi?”

“Never never.” I repeat that word to show an upper hand. “I am already been targeted for becoming the CEO of the company, so by marrying my Boss’s son, I don’t want to fuel people’s foolish assumptions that I got this position by charming them and not by my talent.”

Arnav’s sharp gaze glues on my face for long. I think he agrees to this but there’s something bothering him too. I show no interest in knowing though. The oldies leave us alone and Aman quickly leaves to bring us drinks. A mocktail for me and Champagne for the Arrogant Raizada.


“Who asked you that?” Arnav shoots his doubt.

“I didn’t get you. Who asked me what?”

“That you got this position not because of your talent..”


His eyes haven’t left mine and I already sense he is unhappy with whoever made this statement. I don’t know why? Is he on my side?


“You wouldn’t like to hear that name Mr. Raizada. So lets drop it.”


Seems like I have ruined his mood because the next instant, he takes a step towards me.

“Stop” I place my palm between us to stop him from reaching me. “Stop cornering me, you know what happened last time you did.”


As if he recalls that incident when I got that almost panic attack last time and he tended me to soothe and calm down, Arnav stops advancing me.


“Give the name Miss Gupta. I got to know who thinks so low about us..”

“Mitali Ghosh” I say it. His eyes widen in shock as I continue. “In that same party when I told her that you wouldn’t like to mix business with pleasure. She might have erased her lines and told you her version to make me look bad in your eyes. But anyways, I don’t really care what you think about me. I am not living to certify you Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada.”


Looks like I have made him speechless.

“And please, don’t bring this up with Mitali now because she is our Client and..”

“You don’t have to tell me what to do..”


Damn him!! I shrug.


“It’s your Boss ordering you Mr. Raizada. This project with the Ghosh means a lot to us.”


We are still not cool with this conversation that I hear a man calling me out.. We both turn to see who he is. Aatish Ghosh!! He is walking to us. I had seen his pictures before. He is all on social media and ever since Mitali has told me he has some soft corner for me, I don’t like him already.

“Khushi Gupta.. It’s such an honor to have you here..”


He is about to almost hug me when Arnav does something really odd. He pulls me to him, closer to his body and anyone watching us right now could say he is trying to claim me as his before the world. Even Aatish is taken back by Arnav’s sudden actions.


“Hey Aatish.. Heard a lot about you mate,” Arnav speaks, extending his arm for a handshake.

Aatish completes the handshake.

“Same here, Arnav. My dad is impressed by you so much that I am already jealous” He laughs.


I don’t like his laugh. It’s sinister.

“You look pretty Khushi. And your dress..” he glances at me from top to bottom, making me hell nervous and annoyed at the same time. This man has no decency in his gaze and words!! “Hot..”

“Aatish” Arnav shoots. “if you could just excuse us me and Miss Gupta are about to meet a few other people. Hope you don’t mind.”


Aatish looks terribly upset but doesn’t take it to his heart.


“Sure. The party is still young. I will get Miss Gupta for myself later..”

“Excuse me?” I finally intrude. “What do you mean by that?”


I try to keep a control on my tone yet it sounds rude I know. Aatish raises his arms in defeat.


“Absolutely sorry if my words hurt you Khushi. I was just flirting.”

“Don’t” I mutter. “I stay away from me who flirt, Mr. Ghosh. Please bear that he next time we converse. And thanks for excusing us. We really got to meet some other people.”


I walk with Arnav away, having no effing clue where he lead me and why? It’s just that for a change, I feel safer and good with him than the Ghosh lad!!


To be Continued.


NEXT PART 



Note: Short Update today. I am announcing the Winner of the Contest for Signed paperback copies of my book – Back To You – tomorrow. Stay tuned!!

Connect me on Instagram 
Connect me on Twitter

__________________________________________________________________


1. FORBIDDEN 














2. SHE STOLE MY HEART














Have you read the book? 
















17 comments:

  1. Awesome Update. Aatish Ghosh don't have any decency on how to behave with woman. Khushi gave a fitting reply. Khushi finding Arnav's company safer is nice. Eager to know about Khushi's past. Thanks for the Update😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Khushi is upset that she can't dominate Arnav. On the other hand Arnav is showing attitude to Khushi. Lavanya also praising Arnav. What's Khushi's past. Lavanya as a friend is nice. She is trying to motivate Khushi. So Khushi don't drive. Has she met with an accident. Aman is also helping Khushi. Ayush Singh Raizada is very fond of Khushi. Khushi praising Arnav's looks is unbelievable. Arnav rejected Khushi and she isn't less. Khushi don't want anyone to point at her talent and hard work. Khushi told Arnav about Mitali's accusations. Aatish is same like Mitali. Arnav 's possessiveness for Khushi is amazing. Aatish is really bad. But Khushi gave a fitting reply to Aatish. I like this Khushi a lot. Khushi felt safe with Arnav. Hope it can bring a change to their relationship. Waiting for the next part😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.. I'm In love with this FF already.. loved how Arnav turned protective for Khushi despite their Cold war.. looks like Khushi has had a bad experience with driving.. can't wait to see what happened in the past.. hope Arnav helps her get out of it.. any hint on when will the romance start? Any sooner or not so soon?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Madhu to Short Update...Plzzz can We get another part...Atleast we should know where Arnav is taking her and am sure Arnav will be the one to drop Khushi at her house after the party...Plzzz one more Update...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Want another update.. Plzzzz😑

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lav and khushi friendship, lav very caring towards khushi. Arshi working together for 1 month. I'm sure like arnav giving hardtime to khushi, vice versa too. Arnav saving khushi from aatish, super. Very proud of khushi the way she handled that flirt. now arnav knew about spoilsport mittali, I'm sure he will show her level soon.
    Waiting for next update dear......

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that khushis introvert character. Reminds me of love a rebellion khushi. She is not easily available for anyone and keeps everything for herself. Arnav seems little protective of khushi which is nice. Khushi must have been in an accident and that’s why she was scared to take the wheels again. It’s really interesting to read. Waiting for the next. Thank you 😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how she felt safe around Arnav. Khushi's past I think are the reasons for her not driving and her claustrophobia. Absolutely loved the aprt. Can we get another update of this

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can we have the next part also please

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome, well worth the wait. So there is a past with Kushi and something to do with driving and this connects her to Arnav's past maybe??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Khushi conveniently forgot that she is the one who first interfered in Mitali's life - till then Mitali hadn't been rude to Khushi or made any derogatory statements towards her and painted a completely different picture before Arnav making Mitali seem the only culprit. Then while refraining Arnav from clearing things with Mitali, again very conveniently made it seem like she is all business and is actually lecturing Arnav on how to be professional - from his behavior thus far, he has been absolutely on the up and up. She was rude to Aatish also (he deserved it) but the same point could have been put across more diplomatically considering how important the project is (which she find a constant need to remind Arnav about). And I'm sure at no point will Khushi be held accountable for any of her actions. Either Arnav will do something worse than she is doing now or he will fall for her and the focus will be on him wooing her.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Am curious to know what happened to khushi in the past that she like this now

    ReplyDelete