Like the Page

Total Pageviews

DO YOU FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM? PLEASE DO GUYS :)

Teaser 8 - No One Like You

SEARCH FICTIONS ON THIS BLOG

FREE ON AMAZON PRIME READING

The Wait - Chapter 24









CHAPTER 24



KHUSHI ARNAV SINGH RAIZADA

“He still thinks there are chances of you to return to him.”

Arnav’s words keep echoing in my ears. I glance at Arnav, his eyes searching mine for a response. The intensity in his gaze mirrors the intensity of my own thoughts. My voice comes out in a near-whisper, a mix of surprise and unease. “You really think he believes that?”

Arnav's expression softens, his hand reaching out to gently cup my cheek. “Khushi, I don't want you to worry about this. I just want you to be aware. That’s it.”

Despite his comforting words, I can't shake off the feeling that there's more to this situation than meets the eye. The remnants of my past with Dhruv, however distant they might be, seem to have cast a shadow over the present.

“No, that’s not .. I.. I don’t think he…” I was short of words. Arnav reached me and gripped my arms.


“He has said those exact words to me, Khushi. I’m making none of this up.”


I stared into his eyes with shock.


“Dhruv said this to you?”

He nodded.


“Many times ever since he returned, and I have always tried to put this sense in his head that it’s never happening. But you know Dhruv as much as I do. When he wants something, he just tries everything he can to ensure he gets it.”


“I’m not a thing, Arnav. I am a woman. A woman who has a heart,” I retorted. “And wait,” I shrugged off from Arnav’s hold and stepped back, trying to think this harder. “If he really meant that, then why is he behaving with Lavanya like this? Like he would treat his girlfriend?”


Arnav took a second to think before responding.


“Maybe to make you jealous. Which obviously you aren’t. That’s a relief.” He grinned.


“Arnav, stop joking about this. I have no feelings for Dhruv anymore.”


The moment I said this, there was complete silence in the room. All we did was look at each other, our gazes never dropping.


“Say that again…” Arnav commanded, his voice turning stronger but laced with some other feeling too. Desire?


He took a step forward towards me.


“Say that you don’t have feelings for anyone else except … me…” He put an extra effort into uttering the word ‘me,’ and I knew he just wanted that assurance from me.


Arnav came closer, his knuckles skimming my cheeks, leaving a burn everywhere they touched. With our eyes still locked, he slid his other hand around my waist, pulling me to him. Our faces were inches apart when he spoke again.


“Say it...” he urged.


My breathing grew heavy, and as if he had hypnotized me and my senses, my lips parted on their own, giving him the solace from my next words.


“Only you.” I murmured softly.


A soft grin spread across his face as he looked between my eyes and lips, finally dropping his gaze permanently to my lips, and he kissed me, soft and deep.


“Only you, Arnav,” I kept murmuring in between our kisses, and never stopped.

Arnav's lips continued their gentle assault, tracing paths of fire across my face and down my neck. His hands, deft and sure, worked at unfastening the delicate strings of my kurta, his fingers brushing against my skin in the process.


"I love these strings of your dresses..." Arnav whispered, his warm breath tickling my skin. His voice, a low and sensual murmur, reached my ears in the crook of my neck, sending shivers down my spine.


I squirmed slightly, trying to keep my blush in check. "They are too common. Many women have such strings on their dresses," I replied, my voice trembling.


Arnav's response was not verbal; he bit down gently on the sensitive skin of my neck, causing a gasp to escape my lips. He then raised his head, his eyes locked with mine.


"But I only tend to want to unfasten them when you wear such dresses. Not for every other woman," he said, his voice a sultry promise.


I couldn't help but giggle, a mix of embarrassment and desire bubbling within me. Arnav had a way of making even the simplest moments between us feel intensely intimate and special. Before he could proceed with undressing me any further, I playfully pushed him away and made a dash for the bathroom. Arnav, ever so swift, managed to catch hold of only the strings of my dress, giving them an unintentional tug that nearly tore the back of my beloved kurta. The audible sound of fabric tearing stopped me in my tracks, forcing me to pivot and confront him. I ran my fingers along the torn section of my kurta, my expression a mock display of annoyance.


"You tore my dress?" I shot back at him, feigning irritation.


Arnav stammered apologetically, "I... I didn't realize it. I'm sorry."


"Sorry?" I exclaimed, my voice laced with dramatic indignation. "Arnav, that's my favorite kurta, and you tore it!"


He quickly attempted to make amends, his tone sincere. "Okay, okay, I said sorry. I promise I'll buy you a similar one."


I shook my head, refusing his offer. "No, that's not fair. I won't accept this from you. You can't just go around tearing my clothes. It's a strict no."


Arnav's voice took on a hint of panic. "Khushi... I said I'm sorry. How about I sew it up for you? Or, better yet, you can tear my shirt too. Come on."


However, as I continued to shoot him a stern glare, he gave in with a nonchalant shrug.


"Okay, forget it. I'll tear my shirt for you. Then we'll be even."


He was on the verge of dramatically ripping off his shirt when my laughter erupted, and I managed to stop him from following through with his threat. I couldn't help but burst into laughter at Arnav's dramatic response. His exaggerated willingness to tear his own shirt in an attempt to make things right was both amusing and endearing.


"I was just pulling your leg," I said, still chuckling. "You don't have to tear your shirt. But you do owe me a new kurta."


Arnav let out a sigh of relief, his playful demeanor returning. "Deal. I'll get you the same one or an even better one. I promise."


I nodded, feeling much lighter after our little playful exchange. "Alright then, deal. But you'll have to take me shopping for it."


Arnav grinned, his eyes filled with affection. "Of course, Khushi. I'll take you shopping for as many kurtas as you want. But…"


He gently tugged me back towards him, his fingers at my back serving as a constant reminder of the significant tear in my kurta. Arnav leaned in once more, his lips brushing against my ear as he whispered softly.

"But you're also going to get those alluring dresses for our honeymoon, the ones Lavanya was encouraging you to buy."


My reaction was immediate, a squeal escaping me as I envisioned the scenario of shopping for those dresses with Arnav. The thought of wearing them in front of him was daunting enough, let alone purchasing them in his presence.


"Please," he persisted, planting a tender kiss on my earlobe, sending shivers down my spine as all my senses heightened.


I surrendered to the desires that surged within me and allowed him to take the control he so passionately sought. As my nails dug into his back through his shirt, I believe I even whispered an agreement that I would indeed buy those dresses for him. With that uttered consent, Arnav decisively tore the remaining shreds of my kurta apart in a single swift motion, the fabric falling in tatters to the floor. Suddenly, I felt incredibly exposed from the waist up, and he drew me even closer to his body.


"Are you okay?" he inquired gently, his touch confined to my head as if seeking my permission to explore further.


I responded with a reassuring nod, clutching onto him tightly.


"I want to touch you," his voice came out husky the next moment, his lips caressing my neck and shoulder blade. "Every inch of you Khushi... May I?"


It was a heartfelt request, infused with an overwhelming desire. Deep within, I longed for his touch as well. I softly nodded, closing my eyes and granting him permission. Yet, Arnav wasn't content with just my gestures; he wanted to hear the words. In an instant, he pulled me away slightly, his hands cupping my face as he gazed intently into my eyes.


"Yes?" he asked once more, and this time, I finally found the courage to say it.


"Yes."


Arnav gently pressed a kiss to my forehead before lifting me into his arms and carrying me to the bed. As soon as he placed me down, I instinctively covered myself with the sheets, my eyes following his movements as he undressed. Witnessing Arnav remove his T-shirt, revealing his perfectly sculpted physique, was nothing short of a fantasy come to life. Fortunately, he didn't go any further and joined me on the bed, extinguishing the lights.


In the darkness, our hands explored each other, lips met in fervent kisses, and we indulged in passionate foreplay, all while reserving the final act for our upcoming honeymoon. This restraint made the anticipation for those special days even more intense.


Eventually, we drifted into a peaceful slumber in each other's loving embrace.


ARNAV SINGH RAIZADA


Next Day

I woke up late, and it was no surprise given that I had scarcely slept the previous night. The hours had been consumed by the passionate exchanges with my wife, a level of intimacy we had never shared before. Khushi's tender touch, her gentle moans, and the way she responded to my every touch had left an indelible mark, igniting a desire within me to experience that intimacy once again. However, the constraints of the day made it impossible. I had a video conference with my Singapore clients, and since I was late to head to work, I chose to attend from home today. It wasn't until 11:30 am that it finally ended, and I was ready to leave for the office. Dhruv, Akash, and Maama were already at work. I met Khushi in the kitchen, informing her about my departure. Nani was teaching her how to make a special sweet that was a specialty of my mother. Khushi was keen to learn it, so I didn't disturb her too much. I gave her a soft cheek kiss when Nani momentarily turned her back to us, and then I headed out. I knew that when Nani would turn again and see Khushi, my wife's cheeks would be as red as a tomato. I enjoyed making her blush before my family, even though PDA was not typically my thing. But lately, keeping my lips and fingers off her was becoming impossible.


Last night, after I told her that Dhruv still harbored feelings for her, it had left some impact on Khushi. She didn't want to believe it a first, but also knew that it couldn't be ignored. Although I was making every effort to ensure Dhruv stopped bothering us, I wanted Khushi to be aware of his actions and act accordingly.


"Arnav," Lavanya stopped me as I made my way to the door.


She was dressed formally and holding a file in her hand, appearing in a hurry.


"Sorry to bother you, but if you're heading for the office, can you drop me too?"


"Drop you where?" I asked, needing to know if I had enough time to re-route.


"AR Fashion," she replied with a knowing smile.


Now, I was confused. What would she be doing at our office?


"Actually, I could take a cab, but it would delay me for the meeting."


"Meeting?" I interrupted her. "At AR Fashion?"

She nodded. “Yes. Would you mind if we discuss this on the way? I am really getting late.”


I exhaled, still puzzled by what work she had at my office. Did Dhruv call her there? I didn't know. I led her out to my car, and then we drove away with Lavanya in the front passenger seat next to me.


"So?" I cleared my throat. "Mind telling me what's going on? You look dressed for an official meeting, which is kind of surprising."


"I know it is," she chuckled. "And I hope it's a pleasant surprise if I happen to crack this meeting."


"Stop talking in codes, Miss Kshyap."


Lavanya chuckled again.


"My, my... The way you said 'Miss Kshyap'," she teased. "Now I see the difference in you and Dhruv. Seriously. Dhruv is still the cool, charming type, but you... you're the kind of man who can turn any woman weak with just his tone and choice of words."


I rolled my eyes at her flirting, but I knew this was nothing more than harmless banter. Women had told me that before. My sophisticated behavior, my husky voice, the way I conducted myself before them – it was all a turn-on, though I didn't mean to do any of it on purpose.


Without beating around the bush, Lavanya finally shared the reason why she was heading to my office.


"I had applied for a modeling assignment for one of AR Fashion's beauty products a few months ago. Just two weeks ago, they shortlisted my portfolio and called me for an audition and interview today."


I nodded, easing the clutch and speeding up again. "I see. So that's why you flew to India?"

"I had to," she shrugged. "Who would miss such a wonderful opportunity? AR Fashion is a brand in itself. I hope it turns out to be my ladder towards success too."


I smiled. Aman had told me Lavanya was a fashion model and had been a fashion influencer for many UK brands so far. She was talented, and if our company hired her, I wouldn't mind at all.


"Does Dhruv know?" I asked out of curiosity.


"No, he doesn't. It's a surprise for him too. I hope he likes it."


"Hmm," I murmured, stopping the car at the signal and looking at her. "What if he doesn't like you working at AR?"


She went numb and speechless for a few seconds.


"Why wouldn't he like it?" she retorted. "Dhruv has always been supportive of my modeling contracts. I know working in the same company where he will be like my boss will be different, but as long as we both maintain our professionalism at the workspace and still be friends outside office hours, I don't think it will be a problem. Dhruv... Dhruv will not have a problem at all. Although he will be shocked to know that I didn't even tell him I was applying at AR. Shit!"


There was so much tension on her face that confirmed a doubt in my head that had been pricking at me since the moment Lavanya entered our lives.


"You love Dhruv, don't you?" I asked.


Her eyes widened in shock as she met my gaze. None of us looked away. I wanted to read her answer to that question in her eyes, and she did nothing to hide it either.


"You love him," I nodded in affirmation.


That's when the signal turned green, and the vehicles behind ours started honking. I turned my gaze back to the road, started the engine, and kept driving.


"Is it that obvious?" Lavanya inquired.


"Very," I replied. "But I believe Dhruv doesn't know it yet, does he?"


She looked away, outside the window, turning silent again. Now came the time when I had to confront her about where she was going wrong.


"You know he's using you, right?" I asked. "I don't care what kind of relationship you two share, but he's definitely not heading towards the zone you see him in your head."


Lavanya turned to me. I threw a glance at her too and saw fury in her eyes.


"He still thinks he has a chance with Khushi," I muttered, gripping the wheel. "And you're obviously supporting him blindly, despite having feelings for him. That's so stupid of you, Miss Kshyap."

"You don't get to decide what my stand should be, ASR."


ASR! Only my assistant Aman calls me that. But I don't mind. Parking the car at the office building, I stared at her again. She didn't want to speak about this anymore. I got it.


"Thanks for the lift."


"All the best for your audition," I replied. "If you are selected, I don't know about my twin, but I'll definitely be happy. Our company deserves committed people like you."


She gave me a soft smile before heading to the elevator.


To be Continued.



Connect me on Instagram
Connect me on Twitter

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________



All signed copies of 'Forbidden' dispatched 😘😘 and it has been a heartwarming experience.

Want to Grab a Signed copy of 'Forbidden'?

Link to puchase 👇👇👇
https://imjo.in/CjX657


I am thrilled to offer the signed copies of Book 2 'Fallen' as well. 

Link to puchase 👇👇👇
https://imjo.in/YxEGeN


Simply click on the respective links to make the purchase. The signed copies will come with a bookmark 🔖, personalized message, a thank you card and some delicious chocolates 🍫 Hurry, because stocks are limited and you won't want to miss this! Get your hands on these signed paperbacks :) 

18 comments:

  1. Awesome Update. Arnav told Khushi about Dhruv's intentions but glad that Khushi admitted the she doesn't have any feelings for Dhruv. Arnav became possessive and Khushi also confessed her love. Arshi's chemistry is too cute. Arnav is very naughty. Why Lavanya suddenly asked for lift from Arnav. Arnav told Lavanya about Khushi and Dhruv. Arnav completely understand Dhruv's intentions and Lavanya's feelings too. Arnav is nice and genuine and this Dhruv is twisted. Hope Lavanya doesn't do anything stupid along with Dhruv to hurt Arshi. Thanks for the Update😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you amazing written updates.. I like Arnav tell truth about stuff Khushi and Lav .. Arshi moments are so cute 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason I thought lavanaya was going to create a misunderstanding between Arnav and khushi. But she isn’t. Arshi are getting closer and that’s good! Lovely update!
    Dis_arshi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay....Arnav is being simple and honest man to both the lady's...
    I doubt is their Honeymoon is really on the way of enjoying or will be some drama which will cancel this, A most Awaited movement for Arshi and Us....

    Dhruv was not there are u planning something big from his Side.....
    Lavanya is blindly in love which will hurt her at the End.....
    Love this lovely movement in Arshi and waiting for more.....
    Thanks for the update and looking forward for the next one soon....

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Lavanya isn’t bad or she still pretending.. Awesome story

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good progress with the story. Lavanya loves Dhruv then why is she supporting him if he wants Khushi? That's stupid, just like Arnav said.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good progress with the story.khushi loving only Arnav is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lavanya will create problems between arnav and Khushi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful fabulous update dear

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab update..waiting to see how you will be shaping this story ahead..but loved the way arnav khushi's relation progressing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the update; it's good that Arnav has been honest and truthful to Khushi about what Dhruv has said to him. It's time that Khushi is aware and knows the real face of Dhruv and his real intention. Love the open and honest relationship Arnav and Khushi have in their marriage, and their intimacy towards each other and slowly leading to consummation which I hope will happen soon... unless that manipulative and jealous Dhruv is up to something which can spoil their plan. Looking forward to the next update.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Arnav you also maintain distance from lavanya,I don't get postive vibes from her.
    Arshi have sizzling chemistry 🔥🔥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Update soon, since you said 4-5 chapters are left

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello! How often do you update dear? I am anxious waiting for a new chapter of this beautiful FF.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very bad monthly 2 updates... can't you update atleast one update in a week

    ReplyDelete