Like the Page

Total Pageviews

DO YOU FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM? PLEASE DO GUYS :)

Teaser 8 - No One Like You

SEARCH FICTIONS ON THIS BLOG

FREE ON AMAZON PRIME READING

The Wait - Chapter 25

 






ARNAV SINGH RAIZADA


I sip my coffee while reading the file in front of me. She got the job. Hmm.

“She was the best in today's auditions,” Aman continues to fill me in with updates.

Ever since Lavanya told me this morning that she was interviewing for AR Group's beauty product, I asked Aman to keep an eye on it.

“The interviewers were quite impressed with her portfolio and her auditions, that's why she got the contract. But if you do not want her to work here, then...”

“That's fine, Aman,” I say, sipping some more coffee. “I don't see why she shouldn't work for us. You've already verified her background and other work records, and she's good. So, yeah, why not?”

Aman smiles. “Good. Then I'll send her in. You need to sign her contract and the appointment letter. That's all.”

“I will.”

Aman nods and leaves the cabin, only for Lavanya to enter a minute later.

“Hello again,” she says, giving her dimpled smile to me.

“Come in, Miss Kshyap,” I call her formally, and her smile vanishes.

“Sorry, I should have greeted you better, Sir.”

“No problem.” I gesture for her to take a seat. “Congratulations. You have both surprised and impressed the team, I heard.”

“Your team was very hard to impress, ASR.”

“Yet you managed.” I pull out a pen and sign her contract. “You informed Dhruv?”

She nods. “Yes, I just messaged him before stepping into your cabin.”

I'm about to ask her more when the cabin door opens, and Dhruv barges inside. “What the hell, Lavanya?” he snaps as he marches in. “You were going to audition for my company, and you didn't tell me beforehand?”

That's not the kind of welcome I expected him to give his friend, especially not in my cabin.

“That's because I wanted to surprise you, Dhruv. It's okay.”

“No, that's not okay,” he scowls.

“Dhruv, not in my office,” I command. “Whatever you have to talk about, take it elsewhere.”

He doesn't seem to care about my words and continues marching towards us until he stands before Lavanya.

“You didn't tell me once about this? You want to work with AR Group? What the hell is wrong with you?”

“Why?” she rises up from her seat. “What's wrong if I work in this company?”

“Everything,” he shouts at the top of his voice.

I don't like the way he's handling this matter, but I don't want to intervene between the two. Though I hate being a silent spectator as well.

“We are friends, Lavanya, and you working here is going to make things complicated,” Dhruv asserts

“Dhruv, I understand where to draw lines. Friendship will stay outside this campus. You can trust me to show that much professionalism, at least. I am not a child. This is not my first contract.”

“This is not the last one either that you couldn't wait to grab, La,” he argues again. “Just, just don't do this. Okay?”

“But why?”

“Because I am telling you to.”

Lavanya rolls her eyes.

“You are being unreasonable now.”

“And you are being arrogant. I didn't call you to India for this.”

“That is different. I came here for you. But I have my professional life too. And you cannot dictate me over that.”

Dhruv grips her arms, drawing her closer. There is a very thin line between him showing possessiveness and manhandling her. I don't want Dhruv to cross that line.

“Lavanya, it will be awkward if you work here. Just agree to what I am saying.”

“Awkward?” she pushes him away in anger. “What you're doing here with Khushi and Arnav is awkward, Dhruv. You asking me to come all the way from Scotland so that I can help push Khushi towards you is awkward for me.”


I clench my jaw. So, that's why Dhruv called her here. To assist him in coaxing Khushi to come back into his life. He always fires the shot, keeping the gun on others' shoulders. He doesn't want to take the blame. He wants people to support him, and he doesn't care how he exploits people's emotions in the process. How much lower is he going to sink in our eyes?

“Oh,” he shouts. “You didn't have a problem with that before, why now? Only because you got a better offer and reasons to stay back here? Because I'm not paying you to support me? Is that what it is?”

“Shut up, Dhruv. Just shut up.”

Silence spreads in the room as Lavanya composes herself to make her point.

“You know what, Dhruv? You're right. I got a better reason now to stay in India than the one you called me here for. I don't want to break someone's marriage and bring that woman back to you. It's absurd. It's a sin to do so. And I realized it only when I started spending time with your family. Especially with Khushi. You had fed my head with an entirely different picture about Arnav and her. I thought she was forced to marry Arnav and that she was unhappy and confused in her marriage. But after meeting her, getting to know her in all these days, I've realized that she has moved on, Dhruv. She's happy with Arnav. Whatever happened in your absence in their lives was destined to happen. There's nothing left in her heart for you, and the sooner you realize this, the better it will be for everyone, including you.”

Dhruv glares at her and takes a step forward.

“I don't know about Khushi's heart, but I can sense the change of feelings in your heart for me,” he mutters. “You've changed your mind from supporting me because now you want that place in my life which I want to give to Khushi, don't you?”

Lavanya is speechless. She shoots him a glare and then shakes her head.

“You know what, to heck with what you think and want, Dhruv. I don't care anymore. As a friend, and considering whatever time we've spent with each other so far, I thought you'd be happy for my growth and success. But it looks like I was clearly wrong. You're not the man I knew anymore. Or rather, this is who you are—a self-centered and selfish prick.”

“Watch your words, La,” Dhruv warns.

“And you watch your actions, Dhruv. Start analyzing where you're going wrong before that wrong consumes you, and you don't even get a chance to redeem.”

Saying that, Lavanya picks up her signed contract from my desk and strides out of my cabin. Dhruv rakes his fingers angrily through his hair before following her out. I didn't expect Dhruv to react like this with Lavanya.


KHUSHI ARNAV SINGH RAIZADA

I get down the car which Arnav had specifically sent to pick me up from home. He messaged me today evening that he wants to take me out and I couldn’t even deny him. Of course, I wanted to spend time alone with Arnav, but not today when there was already so much mess going on at home. I see Arnav waving his hand at me, standing at the parking elevator of the mall. I quickly make my way towards him. In a white shirt with sleeves rolled up to his elbows, revealing his forearms, no tie, and the grey suit jacket hanging on his arm, he looks as handsome as ever. Who would say he has come straight from his office, working for nine hours? It looks like he's just come out of a spa. The moment I reach him, Arnav takes me in his embrace and presses a longing kiss on my forehead. He really doesn’t care that people are around us, although they are quite far away. Anyone who happens to turn in our direction could see our display of affection.

“Missed you,” he murmurs before admiring my face. All that pent-up nervousness in my body flies away as I meet his eyes.

“What happened? You look a bit tense.”

“This wasn’t the right time to come shopping, Arnav. Lavanya left the mansion this late afternoon. I asked her, but she didn’t tell me anything. She only said that she is shifting to some other place.”

“I know,” Arnav nods.

“You know? How? Why did Lavanya leave? Did anything happen between her and Dhruv? How do you know and I don’t?”

“Sshh... relax,” he slides his arm around my waist. “I will tell you everything you need to know. But right now, I’m starving.”

The elevator opens, and Arnav leads us inside, pressing the button to take us to the food court level.

“You're starving? That means you skipped your lunch? Arnav, how can you skip your meals like that? You...”

Before I can continue ranting, Arnav scoops my face and kisses me, as if he wasn't hungry for food but for me.

“Arnav...” I mumble between the kisses, wanting him to slow down, but Arnav cups my face and kisses me deeper. My body burns for him just like that.

He pulls away in a few seconds, licking his lips while staring into my eyes and grinning.

“I was starving for your lips. Now I feel better,” he says, wiping off my smudged lip gloss. “All I can think about right now is taking you home and to bed, and repeating what we did the whole of last night, Khushi.”

A gasp escapes my lips as I see it in his eyes that he means every word he just said.

“You're all I've been thinking about the whole damn day, baby,” he continues.

Only his words and the way he looks at me when he says them are enough to melt me down. That's his charm.

“I canceled every darn meeting today that could hinder my thoughts about you. You affect me that much, Mrs. Khushi Singh Raizada.”

“Khushi Arnav Singh Raizada,” I correct him.

He gives me a sly grin before nodding and kissing me tenderly again. The elevator dings, and the doors start opening, giving us a little time to compose ourselves and face the world.

At the coffee shop, Arnav tells me what happened at the office today, about Lavanya getting a job in AR group and her argument with Dhruv over it.

“This is depressing. How can Dhruv try to dictate to her? What is his problem?”

“I don't know what his problem is, but Lavanya has hardcore feelings for him, and he knows it but wants to ignore it,” Arnav mentions.

I roll my eyes. “He is a fool if he keeps doing that with every woman. He's a charmer until they all fall for him, and then he goes back into his 'don't-think-beyond-this' mode and pushes every woman away. That's not right.”

Arnav sips his coffee. “I agree. What did everyone at home say about Lavanya's sudden departure from Shantivan?”

“They were confused, but she promised to come and meet us frequently. I don't know where she went, Arnav.”

“I know where she is,” Arnav replies. “When Dhruv and Lavanya fought today, I immediately told Aman to have HR call Lavanya in a while and give her the idea that the company is offering her temporary residence until her contract is with us.”

I'm amazed he did that. “You did that?”

“I made it look official so that she doesn't think we are doing any favors for her. As many of our contracted models do get accommodation from the company's side, but it takes time for them to be allocated, about a week or so. But I asked Aman to expedite this process for her and make one available right away if she wants to shift.”

I smile at his thoughtfulness. “Always thinking one step ahead, huh?”

“I have to. I don't want Dhruv's foolishness to cost any one of us again.” “It’s always like this, isn’t it? He makes the mistake, and you cover it up with your generosity?” I question.

Arnav lets out a disappointed sigh. “I don’t know what his problem is, Khushi. Why is he always so defensive and doing things that land others in trouble? Like the accident stuff in Greece—” Arnav starts but suddenly stops, as if realizing he shouldn't have said that.

I'm now confused and growing more curious. “What about his accident?” I press.

Arnav shakes his head and takes a sip of his coffee. “Nothing.”

“Arnav, you were saying something about his accident. What are you hiding from me?”

Arnav puts his mug down and then gently takes my hand over the table. “Dhruv never had an accident in Greece,” he reveals, and I freeze. “That night at the club in London, Dhruv was there.”

My body shivers at this revelation, and I struggle to find my voice. “He saw us… making out... and got angry. That's when he decided to teach me a lesson for life, by faking his death.”

I withdraw my hands from Arnav's grip. “How... how do you know that? He... he saw us?”

I swallow nervously, realizing how shocking this must be for Khushi. “Arnav, why... why did he go there in the first place if he had plans to go to Greece the next day? Why did he?”

“Khushi...” Arnav begins, but the conversation hangs heavy with unspoken truths.

“Arnav… he saw us like that?” Panic surges through me as I realize how that would have appeared.

“Khushi, calm down.” Arnav rises from his seat and comes over to sit beside me. He envelops me in his embrace, gently cradling my face. “I understand this is distressing, but remember, he was already your ex when he saw us together. He had broken up with you, Khushi. I don't know why he was there that night, whether it was to apologize or express a desire to have you back in his life. But if he were truly serious, he should have confronted us rather than seeking revenge through such deceit. Faking his death has not only hurt us but the entire family. What did they do to deserve this?”

His words make sense, but I still feel a pang of shame at the thought of Dhruv witnessing that intimate moment between Arnav and me. I had mistaken Arnav for Dhruv in the darkness, and my actions had led to that kiss. Arnav, on the other hand, had lost control due to his feelings for me.

“I know he's wrong, Arnav, but we are still partly responsible for how he's behaving now.”

“Maybe,” he acknowledges with a shrug, “but by faking his death for eight long months, he made us grieve over his loss. No more. Perhaps if news of our marriage hadn't spread in the media, Dhruv might not have returned yet and continued with his charade.”

I continue to gaze at him as Arnav adds, “I won't let him toy with any of us again, not even with Lavanya. I know what needs to be done.”

I nestle closer to him. Whatever Arnav has in mind, I hope it works out in his favor. A part of me, though, is haunted by the guilt of Dhruv witnessing that moment between Arnav and me in London. If Arnav hadn't shown up there, would things be different today? Even if Dhruv and I had reconciled and decided to continue our relationship, what guarantee did we have that he wouldn't let me down again in the future?

Ever since Dhruv's return, I've had a nagging suspicion that he still harbors feelings for me. It's the little things – like when he gave me a rose because he knew I liked them, his sudden shift in fashion to wearing suits like Arnav, or his request for me to feed him soup when he had a panic attack, causing Arnav and me to cancel our dinner plans. Then there was his behavior at his welcome back party, where he seemed intent on taking jabs at Arnav for marrying me in Dhruv's absence.

All of these incidents now make sense. Dhruv wanted revenge, and he went to great lengths, even faking his own death to get my attention – to get our attention. It's become clear that he hoped I would return to him someday, and he's openly challenged Arnav on that front. While I initially tried to avoid thinking along these lines, Arnav's revelation of Dhruv's lie and his open declaration that I might return to Dhruv someday have made it necessary for me to draw a clear line between us from here on out.

Yes, Dhruv was once the man I loved, and I've yearned for him in the past. But now, I am Arnav's wife. My past ended the day I married Arnav, and it's high time Dhruv gets a reality check.

ARNAV SINGH RAIZADA


We drive back home after a shopping trip to the mall. It was clear that I persuaded Khushi to buy those sexy dresses, the same ones she had hesitated to purchase when she went shopping with Lavanya the other day. Today, she initially resisted but eventually picked out three of them at my insistence. When I suggested she try them on, she agreed, but I wasn't fortunate enough to see my wife in those outfits just yet. She made sure to keep me far away from the fitting rooms to ensure I didn't bother her while she tried them on.

I step out of the car, Khushi holding the shopping bags. After a successful shopping trip, we enjoyed dinner at one of her favorite North Indian restaurants. We had informed Nani, Maami, and the rest of the family about our impromptu plans so they wouldn't expect us at the dinner table.

“God, I'm exhausted,” Khushi sighs as we make our way toward the main door.

“Tired?” I inquire, and she nods, wearing a slight pout.

I take the bags from her, and before she realizes it, I lift her into my arms.

“Arnav?” she giggles. “I'm not so tired that I can't walk to our bedroom.”

“It doesn't matter,” I reply, carrying us inside. “I want to give my wife's feet some rest. Do you have a problem with that, Mrs. Khushi Arnav Singh Raizada?”

Khushi chuckles and wraps her arms around my neck. “Not at all, Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada. Does this service include a foot massage too?”

That sounds like a lovely idea.

“Consider it done,” I affirm. “Followed by a shower of sweet kisses.”

She giggles again as I climb the stairs with Khushi in my arms.

“I'll take good care of you tonight,” I add, and she lovingly places a kiss on my cheek, then playfully nibbles the skin there.

“Ouch... that stings,” I exclaim, although I keep my voice low. I don't want to alert the family that we're back. They're probably in their rooms, resting.


“Does it?” she asks, her fingers still wrapped around my neck, balancing her body as I ascend the stairs. “I thought Arnav Singh Raizada was immune to such love bites.”

I'm on the verge of replying when I notice him. Dhruv is standing in the first-floor lobby of our rooms. My pace slows involuntarily, and Khushi, too, zones out seeing him. I'm aware of Dhruv's evident frustration as he watches us in this intimate moment, with Khushi in my arms, but with our love for each other so strong, I'm indifferent to his reaction. Quickening my stride, I guide us into our bedroom, anticipating that the lessons for his journey back to sanity will begin the following morning.


To Be Continued. 

NEXT PART 

Connect me on Instagram
Connect me on Twitter
__________________________________________________________________________________















My Merchandise Store has imprints of my Book Titles on them. Do Check the Store HERE https://madhuritamse.blinkstore.in/ 





15 comments:

  1. I think as Khushi is hundred percent with Arnav, he will teach a lesson to Dhruv.. Loving it .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Update. Dhruv is going too far. He misbehaved with Lavanya too. Atleast Lavanya told the truth infront of Arnav about Dhruv's intentions of getting Khushi back. She is not that bad. She showed Dhruv the reality. Arnav is very romantic. He also arranged Lavanya's accommodation. He is so good unlike Dhruv. Arnav told Khushi about Dhruv's accident. Now finally Khushi understood Dhruv's intentions. She must clearly tell Dhruv that she doesn't have any feelings for him and he has no chance. Arnav is so caring. Arshi are really cute and this Dhruv is really irritating. Thanks for the amazing Update😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice update! Dis_arshi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lavanya is sensible and she backs out of the plan as soon as she understands the love between Arnav and Khushi. Arnav and Khushi are so beautiful together. Now it is going to be intersting that what is Dhruv upto.
    Lovely update.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super awesome update. Waiting for Dhurv lesson to be thought by Arnav..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the update. I have a feeling that Dhruv might have spiked Khushi's drink that day in pub that's why he was there to take advantage of Khushi's condition.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Arnav let Khushi know about dhruv's so called accident and fake death thing.. loved the romance between ArShi.. Lavanya was superb.. good she gave back to dhruv.. but it seems dhruv haven't got his lesson still.. he is psycho it seems.. amazing update.. loved it so much.. Thank you Madhu for update..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Druv got what he deserves… aweee Arshi ❤️❤️❤️ I wish to read more … Arshi s romantic moments ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dhruv stop doing stupidity and concentrate on you life because khushi don't have any feelings for you now.
    Lovely moments of arshi and it's good that arnav told her about dhruv truth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful fabulous update dear

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice one dear 🥰 it's time for Dhruv to learn a lesson

    ReplyDelete
  12. Arnav is way to smarter then Dhruv to see and judge ....
    Lovely movement of Arshi...
    Let's see what the next morning will change will Dhruv will change for Real or will keep playing...
    Khushi is aware of his plans now....
    Thanks for the update....
    Waiting for next .

    ReplyDelete