Like the Page

Total Pageviews

DO YOU FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM? PLEASE DO GUYS :)

Teaser 8 - No One Like You

SEARCH FICTIONS ON THIS BLOG

FREE ON AMAZON PRIME READING

The Wait - Chapter 26

 



PREVIOUS PART 


LAVANYA KSHYAP


Flashback Begins

Nine months back – Greece

The pub in Greece was pulsating with energy. The DJ's music thumped through the crowded room, drowning out all other sounds. It was bitterly cold outside, with snow falling gently from the night sky. I had entered the club with my friends, celebrating the modeling contract I had just landed with a prestigious fashion company. Laughter, cheers, and the clinking of glasses filled the air as we toasted with vodka shots, shouting over the deafening music.

As the night progressed, I decided we needed more shots. I made some quick excuses and squeezed my way through the lively crowd to the bustling bartender's table. Leaning forward, I ordered the shots, my voice barely audible over the DJ's beats. While waiting for the drinks, I glanced around the crowded pub and noticed a handsome man sitting alone at the bar, almost next to me. He seemed lost in his thoughts, his fingers tracing the rim of a nearly empty glass.

Curiosity piqued, I couldn't resist making a comment. I leaned toward him, raising my voice to be heard above the music.

“You must be celebrating something really special for that number of drinks alone.”

He turned his gaze toward me, giving me an appreciative once-over before grinning mischievously. "I am celebrating my death. How about that?"

His response caught me off guard. I slid onto the barstool next to him, intrigued and taken aback.

"I have seen men drown their sorrows in this many drinks over a breakup, but who fakes their own death?"

"I do," he replied with a hint of amusement. "Dhruv Singh Raizada."

The name rang a bell, and I was impressed despite myself. Something about his demeanor and the enigmatic glint in his eyes fascinated me. He pointed at my dimples and asked with a playful smile, "Are they real or made up?"

"Hundred percent real," I replied confidently. "I don't like the idea of faking anything, unlike you."

He chuckled softly and said, "Everyone has their reasons."



"What's yours?" I leaned in closer, intrigued by the mystery that seemed to surround him. "I've heard some pretty wild stories. I'm sure whatever you're faking your death for can't be worse than that."

We locked eyes, and I could feel an unspoken connection between us. Just as I was about to hear more, my friends interrupted us, pulling me away to join them as the shots arrived. Reluctantly, I tore my gaze away from Dhruv, but I didn't want to leave. I wanted to stay and learn more about this enigmatic man.

I climbed down from the barstool, reached for a tissue, and then my lipstick. With practiced grace, I jotted down my number on the tissue and placed it inside his jacket pocket.

"Whenever you think you want to share your story, call me. I'm a pretty good listener."

As I turned to leave, he surprised me by grabbing my wrist and pulling me back toward him. Our eyes locked once more, and his were filled with the same intrigue that had gripped me.

"At least tell me the name of this good listener. What should I save her number as?" he asked.

I couldn't help but give him my signature dimpled smile before replying, "Lavanya Kshyap."

With that, I pressed a gentle kiss on his cheek, a feeling of exhilaration washing over me. It was a different sensation, one I had never experienced before. When I reached my table where my friends were, I glanced back toward the bar, but he had disappeared into the crowd.

For almost an entire week after that intriguing encounter, my mind kept circling back to the mysterious man named Dhruv Singh Raizada and the secrets he held. I couldn't shake the feeling that there was something more to his story, something I was meant to discover.

Then, that day finally arrived when my phone rang, displaying an unknown number. I was in the middle of a busy photo shoot, but I excused myself and answered the call.

"Hello," I said, trying to keep my voice composed.

"Is the listener still willing to hear my fake death story?" the voice on the other end of the line inquired. It was him, Dhruv, and hearing his voice sent a rush of anticipation through me. Oddly enough, I felt those same butterflies in my stomach that I used to experience when I had a crush on someone during my school days.

"Where are we meeting?" I responded, my interest piqued.

He paused for a moment before responding, "Aren't you too quick to ask me that? What if I'm a serial killer who likes to tell fake stories to women and then kill them?"


I couldn't help but burst into laughter. "My dad is a cop, for your information," I retorted. "And when I come to meet you, I'm going to inform him about meeting a 'could-be' serial killer."

Dhruv joined in with hearty laughter this time. "I hope he doesn't arrest me for just calling up his daughter and making up serial killer stories. Anyway, I'll text you the address. See you soon, Lavanya."

And with that, he ended the call, leaving me with a mix of curiosity and excitement.

The next evening, we met at a local pub once again. As soon as our eyes met, there was an unspoken understanding between us that we wouldn't discuss the fake death story just yet. Instead, we talked about everything else under the sun, sharing stories, experiences, and laughter.

Something clicked between us. I had been friends with many men before, but with Dhruv, it was different. He was charming, cool, and almost seemed to share the same thrill-seeking hobbies that I did.

We kept meeting each other, initially just on weekends, and then it became almost every alternate day. Sometimes it was just for dinner, other times for drinks at a trendy bar. One evening, I even convinced him to come to my place. He stayed the night, of course in the guest bedroom like the gentleman he was, and we had an amazing time together. We watched movies, played Jenga, and shared moments of genuine laughter.

As the days turned into weeks, I couldn't ignore the growing feelings I had for Dhruv. It was clear that I was falling for him, and the thrill of uncovering his secrets was only part of the attraction. Dhruv had become more than just a mysterious man with a fake death story; he had become someone I genuinely cared about.

Dhruv had become an integral part of my life, and it seemed the feeling was mutual. I could see it in the way he looked at me, in the small gestures of care and concern. We shared moments of playful flirting, but we'd laugh it off, both aware that there was something deeper between us. However, something about Dhruv had been bothering him, and it gnawed at me. I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

One evening, as Dhruv visited my home again for dinner, I mustered the courage to ask him a question that had been lingering in my mind. I was cooking when I finally brought it up.

"So, you never told me if you have a girlfriend," I said casually, trying to gauge his reaction.

Dhruv paused in his veggie chopping and looked up at me. Our eyes met, and an unspoken understanding passed between us. He sighed, as if a heavy weight had been lifted from his chest, and then began to share his story.

"Why? Does that affect our friendship?" he asked, his eyes never leaving mine.


I stopped cooking and faced him directly. "No, not at all. I'm just curious."

Dhruv's story unraveled before me, and my heart ached for him. He told me about a painful breakup that had occurred just six months ago. Even worse, he had discovered his ex-girlfriend in an intimate encounter with his own twin brother shortly after their split.

"I never knew my twin brother had an eye on my woman," Dhruv confessed, his voice heavy with the weight of betrayal. "That's why the moment I saw that, I left the country. Came here. I just couldn't handle it, Lavanya. How could he? That's why when I met with a normal accident here in Greece the next week I landed here, I made sure that my family thinks I died in that accident. While skiing. A close friend of mine helped me implement that plan and get the news to my family."

I was shocked and at a loss for words. Gripping his arms for support, I pressed them reassuringly, silently offering my strength.

"But why fake your death, Dhruv? You don't like what your twin brother did, but why hurt your family?" I asked when I finally found my voice.

Dhruv shook his head, his expression troubled. "I don't know. I just did it, and now I'm not sure how to handle it. If I go back, they would just be mad at me if I tell them the truth. But I know eventually I will have to. Right now, all I want is to enjoy my freedom here and stay away from Arnav, who I feel backstabbed me."

I swallowed hard, struggling to understand the complexity of Dhruv's emotions.

"Khushi can never do this to me. That Arnav must have lured her that night, otherwise she loves me like crazy."

I was taken aback by his certainty, and I couldn't help but challenge it.

"How can you be so sure about it? What if Khushi has moved on? And what's the point if you think about it now? You broke up with her, didn't you?"

Dhruv shrugged, offering no clear answers to my questions. After that day, we never revisited the topic, and our friendship continued. But in the back of my mind, I couldn't help but wonder what Dhruv truly felt for me and whether our relationship would ever evolve beyond friendship.

Three months had passed since I decided to take the plunge and confess my feelings to Dhruv. It was a bold move, and I was determined to do it, no matter the outcome. But just when I was preparing to take that step, I received a call from him that left me in shock.

"Hello?" I answered the call, my voice trembling with anticipation.

"Lavanya," Dhruv's voice sounded worried and tense. "I'm at the airport, heading back to India."


"What? Why are you going back to India? Is everything okay?" I asked, my heart pounding.

He let out a heavy sigh before responding, "Arnav is marrying Khushi. I won't let that happen. She can't marry him, La. I'm not letting him have her, ever."

I was stunned by his words. Dhruv's determination to prevent Khushi from marrying Arnav was evident, and it left me bewildered. Before I could even attempt to reason with him, he abruptly ended the call, promising to explain everything once things had settled back home.

Several weeks later, I received another call from Dhruv. By this time, I had applied for a position at the AR Group in India and had been called for an interview and audition. I thought of surprising Dhruv with the news, but little did I know that the situation had taken a darker turn.

Dhruv informed me that nothing was right in his life. His suspicions had come true. Arnav had forced Khushi into marriage, and she was far from happy in her new life. Dhruv asked me to come to India and stay at Shantivan with the Raizada family to help him win Khushi back.

My heart sank as I realized that Dhruv still harbored deep feelings for Khushi. Although my own heart ached with disappointment, I agreed to his request. Like a fool, I allowed myself to be drawn into a situation that seemed far more complicated than I had ever imagined.

Flashback Ends

The sound of shattering glass snapped me out of my daze. The vase I had been holding had slipped from my hand, crashing to the floor with a resounding thud. As I stood there, surrounded by the broken pieces, I realized that I was in the AR Group accommodation, a two-bedroom apartment that had been provided to me as part of my contract.

The room was shrouded in darkness, illuminated only by the dim glow of the streetlights filtering through the curtains. The events of the day at the AR office continued to haunt me, especially Dhruv's reaction when he discovered that I had joined his company without informing him. His disappointment and displeasure had been palpable, and it had left me shaken.

I couldn't believe how much Dhruv had changed. His obsession with winning Khushi back had driven him to the point where he was turning a blind eye to the genuine connection between Khushi and Arnav. It was clear to me that Khushi had fallen for Arnav, and it didn't seem forced or manipulated. My perspective on the Raizada family had evolved as well, as I came to understand that Arnav had always been a responsible and caring son, supporting his family through thick and thin. Dhruv had painted a distorted picture for me, and it was far from the truth.

What had hurt me the most was Dhruv's accusation that my intentions for joining the company were driven by my feelings for him. It felt like a betrayal. I couldn't bear the thought that he believed I wanted him all to myself and didn't want him to reunite with Khushi. In my hurt and anger, I had made a hasty decision to leave the AR mansion and move into this accommodation.

As I wiped away the tears that had welled up in my eyes, I made a resolution. I had cried enough for a man who had never truly loved me. It was time to let go and move forward with my life. With newfound determination, I decided to embrace my new home. I planned to go shopping, arrange my belongings, and make this place my own.

With that decision in mind, I made my way to the bed, hoping that sleep would bring some solace. Tomorrow was a new day, and it was time for me to start living my life on my terms, free from the shadows of a past that had brought me nothing but pain.


DHRUV SINGH RAIZADA



I storm into the dining room, my frustration simmering just beneath the surface. Arnav is there, lost in his phone, and Khushi is nearby, playfully taking his phone away. Their playful banter, the affection in their eyes, it all irritates me to no end.

Khushi proposes a rule about no work during meal times, and Arnav agrees with a grin, pulling her closer. They share a moment, their laughter filling the room, and I can't help but seethe with jealousy. Nothing in my life seems to be going right these days.

Even Lavanya, the woman I thought would support me in my quest to win Khushi back, has left me stranded. I can't believe a mere job contract became more important to her than our nine months together.

I take my seat at the table, and everyone falls silent, especially Nani and Maami, who fix me with disapproving stares.

"What?" I snap, trying to hide my frustration.

Nani is the first to speak. "Why did you let Lavanya leave the house?"

I clench my jaw. "I didn't ask her to leave. She left on her own."

"But you both had a fight, we heard," Maami interjects.

I glare at Arnav, knowing he's the one who would have shared this information with the family. He smirks, unapologetic. "What?" he says. "I just told them what happened. Didn't add any spice to it, Dhruv, unlike your usual style with others."


I grumble. "I don't do any of that. And Lavanya left because she got new accommodation to stay. All thanks to you for arranging it for her so soon."

"Friends do that for each other," Arnav replies, much to my chagrin.

"Since when did she become your friend?" I scowl.

"Why not? There's no rule that your friends can't be our friends. Besides, she got along well with all of us. We like her," Arnav says with a nonchalant air.

"We love her," Akash chimes in, sipping his juice. Did he just say 'love'? Damn it, Akash.

I shoot a scowl at Akash, who seems utterly unfazed by my irritation and continues to eat at a rapid pace. Maami advises him to slow down, but he checks his watch and refuses, mentioning that he has a meeting and is already running late.

"A meeting on a Sunday?" I question, baffled.

Akash nods and explains, "A personal meeting."

Now my curiosity is piqued. Whom could he possibly want to meet on a Sunday? As far as I know, he doesn't have a girlfriend. Maami and Nani exchange glances and chuckle softly. Arnav whispers something to Khushi, and they both seem surprised by the situation. What's going on?

Then, a message notification on Akash's phone captures his attention. He opens it hastily, grins, and quickly types a response before abandoning his half-eaten breakfast.

"I have to hurry. Can't keep her waiting," he says with a playful smile.

I can't help but ask, my curiosity getting the best of me, "Who is waiting for you? At least tell us."

Akash's reply sends my heart racing. "Who else? Lavanya."

My heart skips a beat, and I glare at Akash. Why is he meeting Lavanya on a Sunday? Arnav, probably noticing my stern expression, provides an explanation.

"Lavanya needs some help buying things for her new home, and she asked Akash for assistance. It will keep her from getting bored alone," Arnav clarifies.

I'm far from pleased. I know my brother Akash is a notorious flirt. How can I let him be around Lavanya? She isn't even his type. Nani's next comment shatters my thoughts.

"Dhruv, prepare to lose another friend to your brother. Arnav took away your friend Khushi, and now Akash is trying to win over Lavanya. I should thank you for making it easier to find brides for all my grandsons."

Laughter fills the table, including Arnav's. I'm increasingly annoyed by Nani's words. How could she even associate Lavanya with Akash? It's an absurd idea, and I don't approve of it at all.


Arnav taps my arm, pulling me out of my thoughts. He mocks, "History repeats itself rather quickly, doesn't it?"

I've had enough. Without touching my breakfast, I rise from the table and retreat to my bedroom.


To be Continued.




Connect me on Instagram
Connect me on Twitter
_______________________________________________________________

Every Story is incomplete without the villain. Is Raghav the Villain in this entangled web of political romance or does another mysterious figure lurk within the shadowed secrets of the Shergills and the Walias? How will the King counter this impending Checkmate? Stay on the edge of your seat for ‘The Checkmate,’ the electrifying finale of this trilogy, soon to be released on Amazon Kindle.

23 comments:

  1. Awesome Update. Lavanya really deserves someone better than Dhruv. She was attracted to Dhruv from the first meeting and she really loved Dhruv.Dhruv is really bad he presented Arnav in negative light. Dhruv never loved Khushi or Lavanya. He used Lavanya who was emotional in love. Lavanya is mature and sensible to felt the bond of love between Arshi and understood Arnav also. Hope Lavanya don't forgive Dhruv and concentrate on her career. Dhruv is too jealous of Arshi. Akash seems interested in Lavanya. Arnav is just too good. Hope Dhruv doesn't hurt Lavanya and Akash along with Arshi. Thanks for the amazing Update😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. La deserves a man who puts her respect first and makes her his priority..if it's akki why not

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another thing I am happy about is la positive attitude towards the situation..what a gal

    ReplyDelete
  4. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. ❤️❤️❤️🎉🎉🎉❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely update.. Dhruv and his stories.. all are fake like him.. but why is he getting all possessive for lavanya.. loved the update.. Thank you Madhu for update <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful fabulous update dear

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super awesome update..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome update ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome...Even though no Arshi movement....
    Not expected La and D pov ....this man is becoming possessive...
    Glad to know La is positive character...
    Thanks for the Update...and Waiting for the next Chapter♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Superb written love omg seriously amazing work

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now Dhruv is unhappy that Akash wants to be with Lavanya? Dhruv deserves neither Khushi nor Lavanya. I hope he stays single.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lavanya deserves better person. And dhruv is confused soul who don't know what he want and what he fill.selfish person only know to hurt his close one.hope realize his mistakes and try to rectify it.
    Really waiting to see arshi moments ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  14. Update soon, its been 15 days with no update

    ReplyDelete
  15. Suddenly akash 's interest in labanya is a pre planned game of arnab . Akash is acting like a lover for opening dhurav's eye .

    ReplyDelete
  16. What is d point of writing an FF if d update is once in a mth?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Once in a month if u update the FF . Why do u need to start a new FF. Its better for u and ur fans that u can put a note stating no more FFs from ur side . Its really frustrating to see daily whether any update is posted or not . Do u do like this as a reder to ur author. Don't u feel frustrated or irritated. Its better to stop posting madhu once for good

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is very bad of you Madhu don't forget because of readers only you got to know how to improve your writing skills now behaving as with I don't care attitude it's not like you not reading comments or not advertising your books on Insta very bad behaviour of yours

    ReplyDelete
  19. why there is no update

    ReplyDelete
  20. Not getting notifications

    ReplyDelete