Like the Page

Total Pageviews

DO YOU FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM? PLEASE DO GUYS :)

Teaser 8 - No One Like You

SEARCH FICTIONS ON THIS BLOG

FREE ON AMAZON PRIME READING

He Loves Me Not - Part 1



PROLOGUE 


Chapter 1

It hurts. The leather belt kept sticking every time it made a contact with my naïve body. The pain was intense and I wouldn’t bear it for long. But I didn’t know how to avoid it, how to fight back? I was hardly 6 years old and terribly in need of some help. A car stopped by and two men got down from it, one of whom came forward and stopped the man from beating the me further. The other man strongly commanded. 
“Stop beating the boy”




I flinched when the man from the car touched my head, his gentleness was like a boon in hell. 

“What’s your name?” he asked leaning down. 

I couldn’t speak. My lips had dried and my body weak by the scars and pain of the regular beating. 

“Is he your father?” he asked me pointing back at the man who was beating me some time back. 
“No” I murmured. I just stayed here, with these unknown people, worked for them, robbed for them. I didn’t know where I was born, who my mother or father was. The man shown every sign of pity towards me and disgust at the people around for not doing anything to save me. 

“You can come with us” he offered. I didn’t know if I should accept this invitation or not. I didn’t know what my future would be if I happened to step inside that car with this man. I couldn’t guarantee he wouldn’t hurt me. But I took the chance.

I got in his vehicle and my life changed. Forever!! 

“Arnav” the door knocked. I come out of the glimpses of my horrible past. It had never left my mind from where I actually came from and where I belong now. A shiver racked me as I assimilate my thoughts and shift my attention back to the man knocking the door of my room. “Give me 10 minutes, Aman” I shout.

Aman… Aman Mathur… Is my other half. Yes, I owe to him because if he hadn’t befriended with me, I wouldn’t have sustained to cope with the series of changes in my life, including the one which I was undergoing today.

“10 minutes? The Jet is ready to fly us. We are already getting late. The engagement is today evening, not tomorrow. So better be quick unless you don’t want to get engaged” he shouted from outside the door.

I smiled. I know he doesn’t want me to get engaged. Because he doesn’t approve the woman my parents have chosen for me. PARENTS!! Yes.. the same man who saved me from further torture and took me along. He and his wife adopted me 6 months after that incident. All I had was a name.. and they completed it with their Royal tag… Singh Raizada.. That’s how I became .. .Arnav Singh Raizada.

I look at myself in the mirror once again. I couldn’t recollect how I was earlier, how I looked like. I only recall the new life that this couple gave me and helped me survive in this terrible world. I would never have become the man what I am today, had they not adopted me and I had no intention of hurting them ever, not even with the smallest of my decision.

I gather my thoughts and open the room door, heading straight to the elevator of this 20-floor Hotel, where the Car was waiting to drive me and Aman to the Private Airport. Closing my eyes for once, I stepped out of the Elevator to begin my journey back to Delhi. Aman was already inside the car, waiting for me.

“Finally!!” he sighed followed by a quirky smirk. “You don’t look happy with this.” He adds.
“Don’t I?” I ask him putting a similar smirk. “Then get your eyesight checked Aman”
“I did that yesterday. That’s why I am reading everything so clear”

We board the Jet. The AR Group Jet. I keep my seat buckled and look out. The View is spectacular. I had spent last couple of days here in Mumbai and enjoyed every bit of it, with Aman. We are also Business Partners and just finished signing up a deal with a Malaysian Company. Dad is happy because he was waiting to do business with this Company from years. He always says he has faith in me and my potential and I somehow proved that he is right. His boosting words have always motivated me. Whenever he pats my back, I feel like I am strongly backed up.

“One shot of Vodka and some painkillers for that man” Aman says to the Flight Attendant. He is sitting opposite to me and enjoying my state. I pull out the pillow from the side seat and throw it at him.

“Shut up. Let me focus” I bark. “I am already nervous because I don’t know how this engagement is going to change my life”

The Flight Attendant leaves placing the drink for us. Aman gulps his in one go.

“So, you agree this is going to be a life-changing event for you? Wow” he keeps the glass back. “I am glad. You know Sheetal can be really messy at times” he adds.
“She is your Goddamn Sister, Aman. Are you forgetting?”
Aman chuckles.
“You are always going to be my priority Arnav. I won’t let anyone play with your heart. Not even my sister”

His reply makes me more defenseless. He has kept me at the top of his list always.

“You are not helping, Aman. This alliance is inevitable. I won’t change my mind. Dad and Mom wants me to do this. They have always been there for me and now it’s my turn to do something for them.”

Aman rolls his eyes.

“I wish there is someone out there who makes you change your mind. You deserve a better woman, Bro. Trust me.. Not my sister”

I don’t respond. Maybe because I know that already. I know Sheetal is not someone I can be happy with my entire life. Her ways of seeing life is different. Money, fame, social status and luxury is all that she wants around her. And I have interest in none of these. But as they say, people change and I really hope that someday either she becomes like me or I behave like her. Because that’s the only way for this alliance to work.

********************

Flight from London to Delhi. 

“He loves me..” Khushi Gupta plucks a rose petal and then the next one. “He loves me not”
“He loves me”
“He loves me not.”

She continues this until the last one remaining.

“HE LOVES ME NOT???”

Damn!! She stuffs the twig of the last remaining rose in the front seat pouch.  She had been given a rose bouquet by her friends before she boarded this flight from London to Delhi and she made the best use of it. But every time she got only one answer. He loves her not!! She knows that already, doesn’t she? She has done all permutations and combinations but she always got the same hint. He doesn’t love her. He never will!!

“Ma’am. Please fasten your seat belt. We are soon going to land” the flight attendant informs and moves away.

She looks down at the view of the City. After spending 10 hours in the direct flight from Heathrow to Delhi, she is finally back!! To her birthplace… back to her father.. back to the man whom she has fallen in love head over heels for. But wish he had even a tinge of similar feelings for her. She has very few memories of them together but she has cherished them all in her heart. It’s like without even a single one of them her heart may stop functioning. She recalls their first meet when she was 15 and he some 4 years elder to her. Her father Shashi Gupta who works as the Personal Assistant to Ayush Singh Raizada took her along with him to the Raizada Mansion.. Shantivan as it is called. The place is no less than a Palace. She has never seen such a lavish house before. That’s when she first saw him.. He had those dark brown eyes, red cheeks, sharp nose and thin personality. She was unknown to the depth of meaning the word "First Crush" carried, until she met HIM.. He was too good to be true. He was not a boy who would easily be your friend. He was always busy in books. He was definitely intelligent and freaking quiet. He was breathtakingly handsome and he hardly smiled.

The landing is rough and the plane bumping gets Khushi out of those memories. She checks the time. It’s noon. She cannot be late. She has to rush home and then head straight to Shantivan.. to attend the Ring Ceremony of the same man whom she loved hopelessly.

******************


Gupta Apartment


“Dad” Khushi steps inside their 3-bedroom apartment. “I am home” she shouts. “Dad”

Madhumati, Khushi’s Buaji comes out from the Kitchen.

“Haye re Nandakishore… Khushi?” Buaji happily yells out rushing to her. “Shashi Babua didn’t tell me you were going to come”
“Buajii..” Khushi hugs her tight, though she is hardly able to scoop Buaji in her arms considering she is too broad for her. “You have put down weight Buaji” she teases.

Buaji blushes and pats her arm.

“Liar. Get inside.. How many days are you going to stay this time?”

Khushi frowns.
“What is this Buaji? I have just returned home and you are talking about my departure? Let me enjoy some time with you and Dad”
“Yes… Yes.. I didn’t mean to push you away Sankadevi.. Sit”
“No.. I don’t have time for that. Where is Dad?”
“Shashi has no time for home from past 3 days. He hardly comes to sleep and goes back to work early morning before Sunrise”

Khushi pouts. She knows whats keeping her father busy but Buaji continues to explain innocently.

“His Boss’s Son is getting engaged today. The entire event responsibility is on your father’s shoulders”

Khushi fakes a smile.

“I know. That’s why I am here”
“What? What do you mean?”
“To share his responsibilities Buaji. You know I cannot see him stressed” she replies.
“No.. You are not going anywhere. You need rest. Eat something and go to bed. I will wake you up when Shashi Babua comes home at night”
“Buaji.. I am fine. I need a Shower that’s all. You know I cannot wait here for Dad to come. I will meet him in the party”

She drags her bags in the bedroom and quickly heads for Shower.

*******************


Mathur Villa


The Ring Ceremony is organized in one of Mathur’s posh Villa with only a handful of guests. They want to keep this event as private as possible. That’s another technique of rich people to grab more attention of the media and public.
Ayush Singh Raizada enters the Villa with his wife Revati Raizada, holding hands. They manage to capture the eyes of every guest present here for the event. The Raizadas have always been one of the most talked celebrities. Many rich families have wanted to join hands with them either Professional or personally. Mathurs just got luckier than others. Raj Mathur has been in the Textile business from past 2 decades and met the Raizadas during one of their projects. Soon their partnership extended to personal level and they became good friends. That’s how his Son Aman Mathur and Arnav Singh Raizada got well around each other and now they are best buddies. Raj’s daughter Sheetal Mathur has studied abroad and returned back last year to India. The Raizadas have wanted her to be a part of their family, officially, since then.

“Welcome Ayush” Raj Mathur comes forward and hugs his friend. “Revati… You are looking stunning tonight” he compliments Ayush’s wife too.
“Thanks Raj. Where is my future daughter-in-law?”
“She is getting ready. You know how it is for women.. They want to look the best and this is her event. She is ought to be late. But where is my Son-in-law?” Raj asks.
“He is on way with Aman”
“Oh.. I cannot tell you how much I am impressed with your Son. Seems he got the Malaysian Deal for AR Group”
“Yes he did” Ayush proudly confirms. “He is the best thing that happened to me Raj”

Raj nods in agreement and then leads the couple inside to introduce them to the other guests.

******************


I get down the Posh Car with Aman beside me. The media is restricted inside the Villa but they still manage to click some pictures from the far.

“You still have a chance to elope” Aman whispers to me.
“I wish to record this and make your father and sister hear” I reply back.

He chuckles.
“You want me to get killed?”
“Not so soon” I drag Aman with me inside Mathur Villa. I see my parents looking adoringly at me and that gives me immense satisfaction in my heart. I want to see them always happy.
The moment I reach them, I lean down and take their blessings.

“Your place is in our heart Son” my father says that every time during such moments and hugs me. Mother is next. She kisses my cheek and then proudly wraps her hand with mine.
“There she comes” Raj Uncle proudly welcomes his daughter Sheetal Mathur, dressed in a long Red Gown, walking towards us with her friends. My heart shows no signs. Is this normal? I should feel something about her. She is going to be my wife soon but why is it that I still don’t see her in that place?

My mother grips my arm, gesturing me to make a move forward. I know what she implies. I take a step forward and then extend my hand for Sheetal to hold. She places her hand in mine and I get her on the Deck where the Rings are going to be exchanged.

“How am I looking?” Sheetal playfully asks me and I just blankly smile at her.
“Uhh… good”

She rolls her eyes.
“Just good?”

I don’t know what I am expected to say. Such praising words should automatically come in my mouth but they don’t.

“Beautiful” I don’t mean to lie. She is beautiful but somehow she doesn’t strike that chord in my heart. Am I doing right? But whatever my parents decide has to be right.

I am given the ring and I gently place it in Sheetal’s fingers. She adores the diamond ring and then make me wear mine. I raise her hand and kiss her wrist. I was been specifically told to do this by my mother. I haven’t forgotten that.

The crowd cheer, champagne is popped, there are flowers showered on us. I see people smiling, praising, clinking glasses but amidst all this I see a woman.. Standing right at the door of the Villa… watching straight in my eyes.. with no smile.. no expressions on her face. Do I know her?

“Arnav… Take it” my father hands me the glass of Champagne which I take and look back at the Door of the Villa but she is gone.. I cannot see her anywhere. Was she real or was I hallucinating?


To be Continued.



NEXT PART 

39 comments:

  1. Wow intresting start.....waiting to see wat khushi is going to do

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch.that last part hurt me. No one can see their truelove getting engaged to someone.
    Felt bad for Khushi. But I know in upcoming parts she will be his forever.
    Thank you for this update. Waiting for next part soon.

    - Anashrah Fathima ( Anash ).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful start eagerly waiting for next update

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting start ..
    Khushi's magical appearance making a spark in Arnav's heart was just amazing ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! Tat was awesome, as if I m watching some movie.... It was so visualizing.
    Loved the concept��

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok so this story is turning out to be one of my favourites... the thinking and ideology of arnav is justifiable since he wishes to fulfil the desire of his parents who gave him new life....lets see how the story unfolds and circumstances plays its part...awesome work madhu...:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The beginning of this story already sounds superb...the concept already generating interest and I can't wait to read more. Hope it'll be soon, Madhu. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heart broken in the very beginning. Looks like it's going to be quite an emotional roller costar ride. Looking forward. Cheers !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Feeling bad for Khushi...Arnav is already engaged... :( waiting to see what Khushi Gupta intend to do to make Arnav realise his real LOVE is KHUSHI...NOT any Sheetal...Waiting for next part...

    ReplyDelete
  10. interesting story.. already loving this...
    feeling sad for arnav... i understand that his parents have done something great but still....
    i love aman in this ... wow.. sucha faithful friend
    poor khushi... she couldn't take that scene of engagement...
    waiting for next update..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh amazing start. But can't stand with arnav getting engaged to someone else and then kissing her wrist. Khushi must be hurt. Please don't make that cunning sheetal stuck to arnav for most of the story. I want her out of arshi's life very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At last story with Sheetal in it .. Already I got one eye tears

      Delete
  12. So sad.. Arnav got engaged with sheetal.... Even aman her brother is saying, she is not the right choice for arnav.. Pity khushi.. What she is going to do now.... Waiting for next. .. Update soon

    ReplyDelete
  13. interesting start.. loved it though i don't like to see him with anyone other than khushi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting. Just luvd this Aman's character, reminds me of ur FF: You ought to be mine season 1 Aman. How he supports khushi not his own sister

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved arnav aman bonding..the way he is not agree for arnav to engage with sheetal despite being her his sis shows how strong their bonding is..
    Khushi loves him..

    Arnav is doing as a obligation hope his parents realise it soon

    Looking forward

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful start with arnav and amans friendship, its rare to get such a selflees friend
    Felt bad for khushi
    Looking forward to see how she is gonna swim the dangerous waters to reach him

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful start with arnav and amans friendship, its rare to get such a selflees friend
    Felt bad for khushi
    Looking forward to see how she is gonna swim the dangerous waters to reach him

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's gonna be interesting!!! I really wonder from where you get these mind blowing plots for ffs. I'm truly amazed😇..
    Here's to the new ff...🥂!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome update...loving this story

    ReplyDelete
  20. Arnav can do anything for his parents . He blindly doing what his mom and dad telling . Signing project , Engaging with sheetal , Kissing her wrist and i know many will come on the way .
    Aman and Arnav bonding very cute and true friendship . Aman prioritize Arnav happiness over her sister .
    I think he will be big helpful for khushi in coming update .
    Already I start to hate sheetal for her attitude . Poor Arnav hope she won't be too much sticky and irritating with arnav .
    Lastly our darling Khushi , What is she planned to win her love ? By seeing her character she is very chirpy , cute and lovely girl .
    I'm very excited to know about this Arnav and khushi life .
    waiting for next update dear

    ReplyDelete
  21. love the start so intersting

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good start.. Your writing made me imagine all the scenes. BTW u hf got amazing writing skills..

    ReplyDelete
  23. What an interesting start Madhu ❤️

    Arnav is actually neck deep drowned by his foster parents' obligations since they took him under their wings... He got everything he was yearning for... A house, a family & a loving set of parents .. Money, name & fame is secondary for him... So his vouch of never hurting his parents in any way is very much understandable... I just hope that his foster parents' love, adoration & care for him is genuine & not selfishness...

    Khushi must b heartbroken to see her love getting engaged to some other girl... Even though she knew but witnessing it with her very own eyes is no less then torchure...

    I m glad that as always here too Arnav has a very good, caring, loyal, understanding & genuine friend Aman... I m sure he will help Khushi to get Arnav ..

    Thanks for starting this beautiful story Madhu ��

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice though I can't stand arnav with sheetal and kissing her wrist.can't see heart broken khushi.please don't make sheetal stick to arnav.I want only arshi.looking forward to see arshi scenes

    ReplyDelete
  25. if u r planning to write another ff anytime sooner please consider my request.I want arnav as doctor or police or saviour of khushi from her hell like married life or bodyguard of khushi.I badly want to see these roles.and I want it in your unique way of writing.bcz u r d bestest that happens to us.just like a poet.

    ReplyDelete
  26. And yes iam so used to 5 ffs till last week. now raizada gods also ended.I so wished to get another new one from u.this is my request please

    ReplyDelete
  27. Loved the story plot. Feeling sad for both khushi and arnav . But glad there is someone who is only wants arnav happy ie aman. Very very excited for this story.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I just start reading this story ,on the very first part this story still my heart . Awesome madhu.

    ReplyDelete