Like the Page

Total Pageviews

DO YOU FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM? PLEASE DO GUYS :)

The Pursuit (A Spy Romance)

One Hellish Desire

SEARCH FICTIONS ON THIS BLOG

NEW Swoony Romance on my Premium Content

Wedlock - Part 55



PREVIOUS PART


Chapter 55

San Francisco 

“Sorry? Just Sorry for all those lies you kept telling me?” Anjali fakes anger on her face. Arnav doesn’t judge her mood because she is really pretending to be very serious.

The morning after Khushi left to work, he headed to meet Anjali at her home. She welcomed him warmly but when he admitted his apology for hiding about his earlier deal with Khushi to pretend working on the marriage, she showed her strict side.

“Di.. tell me how else I should apologize? I am ready to go through anything to get your forgiveness”
“Soch lo, Chotte. It can be hard. Maybe after listening to my punishment, you might want to go back on your words”

Arnav shakes his head.



“Di.. I am ready for anything, trust me”
Anjali decides to give him the shock.
“Because you faked being all romantic and fooled me that you love Khushi, now for the next one-week Khushi will stay here and you will be alone in the Penthouse.”
“WHAT THE” he snaps without even letting her complete. She is being totally unfair. 7 days without his wife?
“Di… that’s too much”
“What you did was too much”
“7 days?” he grits.
“If you argue, I will make it 10 days” she snaps.

Arnav rolls his eyes. Out of all, he hadn’t expected Anjali to give him this punishment.

“Di. Are you really serious?”
“Don’t force me to make it 12 days now”
“FINE” he growls.
Shyam, who had been watching all of this from the couch laughs heartily.

“Rani Saheba.. Have some pity on your Chotte. He has just arrived yesterday and wants to enjoy his re-marriage. You are being too harsh on him”
“Am I?” Anjali shouts. “You will sleep on couch tonight”
“What?” Shyam is shocked too. Arnav lets out a chuckle. “What did I do? I was just suggesting”
“You are taking Chotte’s side, not mine. So, this is your punishment” Anjali replies.

Shyam pouts.
“You don’t seem to be my humble wife anymore” he tries one last chance to emotionally blackmail her.
“Great!!” she snaps. “One whole week on the couch for saying that”

Arnav bursts out laughing. Whatever his sister is doing is just beyond her scope. She is faking all of it. He knows now!! She can never do injustice on them. NEVER!!

“Di” he hugs her tight.. “Come on… stop it now.. I can’t hold my laughter”
Anjali keeps maintaining the grim look on her face but not when her husband joins the laugh. She laughs with them, pinching Arnav’s ears.
“I would punish you, hadn’t you apologized to me today”
“I had to” he kisses her forehead and then she kisses him back.
“Where is my Kiss? I need a kiss too for handling this act so beautifully” Shyam interrupts
“Don’t lie” Anjali replies. “You took it seriously when I asked you to sleep on couch, didn’t you?”

Shyam nods in agreement and pinches her nose.
“You are a finesse actor, what an act.. WOW!! I am impressed” he claps.

Nani comes out from the kitchen, telling them food is ready.

“I wish Khushi was here. She would have enjoyed seeing you so much frustrated and confused about the punishment” Anjali teases.
Arnav shakes his head in agreement. And now that his sister has reminded him of his wife, he wants to check upon her. He uses their traditional way of communicating, through emails. None of the two could forget how closer they came through this same method, once.

Wife, 

How did the Client meet go? Had Lunch? Don’t skip it by any means and the medicines as well. 

Husband. 

While he enjoys meals with his Sister and others, Khushi’s email reply buzzes on his phone.

Husband,

The meeting over. Had Lunch with Shikha. And good you reminded me the medicines. Had skipped from my mind. 

p.s I forgot to ask you; did you really talk to that Doctor yourself? What else did she say?

Curious to know. 

Wife. 

*************

Wife, 

Forget anything but taking that medicine, unless you don’t want to have our baby soon. 

Talked to her last week, she says if you continue the medication for a year or so, we should be good enough to think of a baby. 

Husband. 

**************

Arnav, 

That was very rude of you to say I don’t want to have a baby with you soon. You have no clue how much I want that. I never have skipped my dose; I have put reminders as well so that I don’t forget it. I am not careless

Khushi. 

***************

Wife, 

I noticed when you angry on me, you mention our names, instead of HUSBAND and WIFE. 

Doesn’t matter how much we fight and argue; we will always be a couple. I am sorry if I hurt you. I didn’t mean to do that. 

Husband. 

*************

Husband, 

I am sorry too for snapping like that. Actually, my mood is off since the client meet. But nothing to worry. Have handled it. 

p.s One year for planning our baby? Isn’t it too long? 

Wife. 

***********

Wife, 

What happened at the meeting? Any problem? 

P.s We need a year to enjoy our married life without any third between us, don’t you think? We have missed these moments, we need to catch up a lot.

Husband. 


***********

Husband, 

 Regarding the meeting, I will tell you when I am back home. 

Yes, we need to catch up a lot. But right now, let me concentrate on work. Give me an hour, we can continue the chat after that. 

I love you. 

Wife. 

*************

Wife, 

I love you Infinitely….. and beyond… 

Husband 

**********************

Arnav plays with Ruhi when she wakes up after a long nap. He is not used to all of this but some day he has to do it with his own kids and this is the best way to learn. Once he heads back with Khushi to Shantivan, he is going to miss this family.

“Chotte, I will feed her baby food” Anjali comes inside the room with a small bowl filled with healthy baby food.
“I will feed her that” he urges.
“You?” she is surprised he asked. “Okay” she hands him the bowl.

Arnav makes Ruhi sit on his lap and starts feeding her by the spoon gently. She eats it quietly. Anjali decides to capture the moment, so that she can share it with Khushi later. While Arnav has no clue Anjali is taking a video of it, he keeps feeding Ruhi. Anjali shares the video with Khushi and then heads out.

Khushi smiles happily seeing the video. Her husband taking care of a baby is the best thing she ever wished to see. He has bonded with Ruhi so well. She is almost finish with the work and is about to leave and decides to do a video call on the way down. She dials his number which he receives instantly. The video call begins.

“Hi baby” she waves at him. “I saw you feeding Ruhi.. Di sent me the video”

Arnav is confused when did that happen.

“She recorded it?” he asks.
“Hmm. You cannot believe how much happy I am. I always knew you will be a caring father”
Arnav blushes.
“Coming back home now, aren’t you?”
“Hmm. On my way.!!” She replies. “But where should I come? Di’s home or”
“Penthouse” he doesn’t let her finish. She can see that desperation in his eyes, to be with her, spend time loving each other.
“Okay…” she blows a kiss at him and then hangs up.

******************

Penthouse – Night 

“Now you will tell me what happened at the meeting today” he says handing her the cup of freshly brewed coffee.

It’s been an hour since she came back home from work. The first half an hour went in cozying up with him, the next 20 minutes in the shower without him thankfully and the past 10 minutes in thinking how to share the client meeting topic with Arnav while he was busy in making coffee for them.

Arnav clicks his fingers to get her attention and sits next to her. He senses from her reactions that the matter is serious. She sips the coffee and keeps the mug aside.

“My Client has extended the contract with the company” she exclaims.
“Which means?”
She takes a deep breath.
“Which means me and Shikha will have to continue working in San Francisco for another year”

Arnav is dumbfounded and definitely not impressed by the idea but he knows how much this job means to her. She was shaping up her career beautifully, it had given her a new life, stability and motivation. He cannot snatch that from her. Though unhappy, he fakes a smile on his face.

“That’s good news. It shows how much they like your work It’s very hard to impress US clients Khushi”

Khushi is not startled by his reactions. She knows he will do anything to keep her happy.
“You are okay to stay one more year without me.. like … this long distance relationship?”
“If that is what it costs.. yes. Or the best, I can shift my work here. I am the Boss of my Business, I can run it from wherever I like. That way we don’t have to stay apart either”

Arnav cups her cheeks.

“Come on, baby. It’s not a big deal to be worried about. We will handle this together” he places a kiss on her forehead. She shuts her eyes when his lips make contact with her skin and a lone drop of tear escapes from her eye which Arnav notices after he pulls away. He is about to wipe it off when she holds his hand and brings it close to her heart.
“I knew you would say this.. for me.. But I have already taken my decision”

Arnav keeps staring at her.

“I have already denied my Boss from extending my stay here after the first year completes.”
“What? Why?” he snaps.
“Because I want to be with you Arnav. I know my job is important for me to establish my name but not on the cost of sacrificing my married life with you”

Arnav was going to agree to whatever decision she takes but by saying this and choosing him over anything else, she has stole the last piece of his heart.

“You sure about it? Because Khushi, I can make adjustments but for you to do that, it might even mean quitting this present job. Your Boss will try to convince you to continue working with this Client and if you still deny, he might not want you back in Delhi either. Will you be okay with that?”
“I am okay with anything, as far as I am with you”

Arnav pulls her closer.

“I am always with you”
“I know” she murmurs. “And who says there are no other companies in Delhi? I will find another one. I have experience and good exposure now”

Arnav agrees. He just cannot tell how much happy he is about their upcoming days. The place doesn’t matter, what matters is their togetherness.

“You are absolutely Sure about this?” he reconfirms again.
“Yes. Now let us put this behind us” she urges coming closer. “And seal it with a kiss?”

She blushes hard seeing him grin. Their lips meet as they kiss again. She pulls back in a minute remembering something.
“By the way, Kyle had called”
Arnav groans at that distraction.
“They seem to be making plans to come here next month. For a week. Isn’t that cool?”
Arnav nods feeling happy for her. She is slowly bonding with Kyle now. They seem to be talking if not on a daily basis, at least thrice a week.
“I was thinking, we offer them to stay here.. With us.. It’s such a big house.. What do you say?”

Arnav knows she is going to convince him for this, even if he denies now. So, he doesn’t argue.

“This is your house.. so.. as your wish baby”
“Aww.” She pinches his cheeks. “I love you for this”
She wraps her arms around him and hugs him hard.
“And I love you for everything” he murmurs hugging her back.
“Humesha” they both utter the same time, unaware of the fact that the devil is just few corners away from their lives, waiting to make a grand entry.


To be Continued.


NEXT PART


READ WEDLOCK FROM THE START. HERE





















Books by Madhuri Tamse


FREE Amazon Kindle Unlimited Romantic Books


35 comments:

  1. Awesome superb excellent amazing luv it plzz don't separate arshi 😘😘😘😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever i think ab bura nhi hoga kuch something unexpected comes always.. Still I believe in Arnav n he will save gis Khushi n family from any mishaps..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing update..Loved it ❤️ Next part soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. U always do like this... Suspense now we have to wait....

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome ,hope that no harm will happen to them

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Update. Khushi was a good daughter but now she is the best wife. Arnav and Khushi's bonding with Anjali is the best part of the story. Arshi email conversation is too sweet. They've turned very understanding and mature. Arnav bonding with Ruhi is too sweet. Please don't separate Arshi at any cost . Arnav will protect Khushi from that evil Shagufta and Vicky. As long as Arshi are together nothing can defeat them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome... Again a devil???? Who is that now? Finally everything was fine in their life. Now what's this new twist??? Hope they will handle this trouble together.
    Loved their email convo again. Happy that they r continue doing this...
    Waiting the twist eagerly...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome update... but the last bit was little scary. Hope Arshi will be able to handle all the hurdles with any misunderstanding or seperation

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great … please don’t do any harm to Arshi and no separation of Arshi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now who's making a grand entry in their lives...Hope both Arnav and Khushi both stay together and fight this devil strongly...Waiting for Next Part...

    ReplyDelete
  11. What? What's the twist now? Oh god. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  12. What’s going on whose this devil coming vikram or shafgupta or any new entry

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anjali teasing is cute their bro sis bonding is great and khushi's decision about leaving work for her commitment in marriage is awesome portrait because it's how husband wife relationship working understanding each other and respect each other needs is very important. So love this update one of my favorite stories also

    ReplyDelete
  14. Why do i feel fishy about Kyle's visit

    ReplyDelete
  15. Khushis life was superb. Never thought she would change this much. Love the character development. And that grand entry must be Vicky right. But I wish arshi stay together whatever comes in their way. Because from the start they were not together like now so now they are going to face it together. Hope they will solve it soon n concentrate on their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh God Madhu.. The whole update was just so lovely & Arshilicious then y did u have to drop an evil bomb *pouting cutely in annoyance at u Madhu*

    But anyways all good & no bad makes a story boring & monotonous... Also I'm sure no evil can break the bond Arshi share now... Don't know y but I'm having this feeling that Kyle is also involved with the evils.. Hope my instincts r wrong..

    Thanks for the update Madhu ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely update. But scary climax

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful and lovely update with so many cute moments ....but a bomb at last ,a devil ....please save Arshi ,I know everything will be fine but a little sad thinking of the upcoming twist .

    ReplyDelete
  19. Superb update..

    For one moment it felt anjali is damn serious about punishment..

    But she is always kind sis..
    Loved the way she sent khushi the video..

    Wow lived the way they still communicate through emails..

    Good decision khushi n like the waya arnsv supporting her..

    Poor arnav no privacy as now his in law coming..

    Trouble on the way 🤞..



    ReplyDelete
  20. If by any chance Vicky trouble Khushi or try to scare her then arnav ll kill him ..want to read more..

    ReplyDelete
  21. Madhu ll u continue giving precap in morg and full update by night ? I liked this idea.. please continue it in same way..

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hahaha....anjali ne dono k firki li...It's very common to see women quitting jobs accepting the circumstances in family(here Khushi is exception)...loved arnavs' option of relocating... Nice update... thanku

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amazing superb update 😍❤ .... Anajai's acting was superb and enjoyed the way she leg pulled arnav and shyam's 😁😄 and the email were soo cute 😍 and Arnav feeding ruhi was soo damm cute and the best of anjail look the video of his and ruhi and sending khushi was super cute moment 😍😍 and arnav and khushi love has become soo strong understanding and soo maturely they r handling very situation 😍❤ ... Both r ready to sacrifice for eachother that a true love ❤ .... Don't seperate them and keep them away from any evil and problem 😰 post it asap 😍

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome chapter. Love the Arnav Khushi’s moments. And you scared me with your last line. Please no separation....let them deal with their devil together.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loved how arnav understands khusi

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awesome update... does devil means the entry of Vicky in der lives??

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wonderful update loved it
    It was really a beautiful update
    But is it Vicky who is coming in their life as devil

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anjali was superb.. both Arnav and shyam were shocked.. liked that cool scene of siblings with shyam.. Arnav apologised to his di.. Arnav feeding Ruhi.. wow.. ASR have changed so much.. Khushi is leaving her job to be with her Arnav.. good to see ArShi so much in love with each other and willing to do anything for each other.. loved reading this amazing update.. Thanks Madhu <3

    ReplyDelete