Like the Page

Total Pageviews

DO YOU FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM? PLEASE DO GUYS :)

The Pursuit (A Spy Romance)

One Hellish Desire

SEARCH FICTIONS ON THIS BLOG

NEW Swoony Romance on my Premium Content

Wedlock - Part 59



PREVIOUS PART

Chapter 59


Hospital

“Don’t shut me out of this topic, I need to know everything that happened” Khushi scolds her husband who is ignoring any conversation related to Vicky or Shagufta.

It’s been 48 hours since she has been admitted in this hospital now and in all these hours, Arnav didn’t leave her side much, except for 2 hours last night when he went back to the Penthouse, changed, showered and came back again with some of their clothes. The Doctors want to observe Khushi in the hospital for another day and Arnav didn’t deny their request. He wants her to recover before taking her back home. Now that Khushi feels better than before, she wants to know what all happened with respect to the case against Vicky and Shagufta? But Arnav doesn’t want to share it so soon as he is afraid, she still needs to recover fully before being fed with more updates. He hands her the glass of water and pops the medicines in his palm.



“The police are doing their best to build a strong case against both. I told you that already. He is going to be deported back to India and then straight behind the bars for a long time. His politician father or Shagufta’s business associates are going to do nothing to save them this time”

Khushi is relieved to get this little update but she wants to know more. She has her own doubts about the whole picture.

“Who is Mira?” she asks her first doubt.
“Medicines first” he insists.
She knows he will not share anything until she does what told. She gulps the medicines with water and hands him the glass.

“Good girl” he pats her cheek and sits next to her on the bed. For a change, she is not lying down. She is sitting with her back supported by few pillows.
“You know my spies were already fetching past records of Vicky. So just few days back they told me about his broken engagement. That happened just a month after you joined the Client Office in San Francisco. Mira was his fiancée and seemed like he genuinely loved her. But when the past was resurfaced, Mira chose to break their bond. Apart from hurting you in college, he also has cheated upon many girls back in those times. Mira got to know everything and leaving him was her choice. It didn’t go well with Vicky, he happened to confront her and that’s how she took your name. Seems like she got a call from you who told her all of this which later she investigated from her end and found it all to be true”

Khushi is confused.

“But .. I didn’t call her. I didn’t even know who she is”
“Shagufta called her by your name” Arnav’s jaw hardens.

Khushi slowly recollects Arnav had mentioned that to Vicky on the day she was abducted. But she couldn’t connect the dots.

“Shagufta and Vicky are family friends as you know already and probably, she must have shared her strong dislike for you once with him. It is then where Vicky confessed to her what all he did to you in the past. She used it all against him and instigated Vicky to revenge you for breaking his engagement. Vicky had otherwise no intentions to come back in our lives. Shagufta was the mastermind. She did all of this to break us. He was just a pawn”

Khushi takes some time to absorb all of it. Arnav entwins their fingers and slowly raising her arm, he kisses them.
“The day you were abducted from your office, that morning I got to a complete picture of Shagufta’s conspiracy through my sources with proofs. Obviously, I knew her intention to hurt you and I got her arrested. She was the only one who could tell us where Vicky is. But before we could get the details from her, Vicky managed to threaten you by kidnapping Lavanya back in India”

Khushi’s heart races again.

“Why Lavanya?” she shouts. “And if Vicky was here, who kidnapped her?”
“He wanted a weak point of yours, he got one. Lavanya is your best friend. He couldn’t pick anyone from Raizadas, Guptas or Jhas because I had already secured them. Lavanya was out of the picture for me until the morning when Shagufta was arrested. I sensed a threat to Lavanya and made Aman look for her. Fortunately, Aman managed to follow the people who had kidnapped her. Everything happened parallelly. Here, Vicky messaged you Lavanya’s video where she was tied up in a chair and there Aman got the Police informed in Delhi to break in and free her. By the time you saw the video at your office lobby, Lavanya was already saved”
“Oh my God” Khushi presses his hand. “He didn’t give me a chance to speak to you.. to anyone. He was there at my office Arnav, watching my moves that day. I didn’t even realize it. He saw me checking that video sent from an unknown number, his number and he then called me to tell that he will hurt Lavanya, the same way he has hurt me before. I didn’t know what to do. I wanted Lavanya to be safe so … I … I agreed when he instructed me to sit in the car which was parked at the backdoor of my Office. He made me dump my phone before I could leave the Office” tears roll down her cheeks. “You were just few feet away from me and I couldn’t reach you. I was so… so afraid”

Arnav cups her face.

“Sshh.. I know you were afraid. And it was my job to protect you, from keeping that ***** away from you. I failed. I failed Khushi” he lowers his head in apology.
“No” she squeals and grips his shirt.
“You saved me and Lavanya. You are my hero, Arnav. You always were.”

She wipes his moist eyes and kisses his cheek.

“So, was that Mira really here when you told that to Vicky?” she asks.
“No, she never came here, but we informed her and warned her about Vicky’s actions. She was sad to know that she induced all of this threat upon you. But obviously, how would she know it wasn’t you who called her but Shagufta?”
“And his father? He is a politician; he can do anything to save his son”
“Not this time, Khushi. Vicky has too many charges upon him, right from stalking you, then abducting you, threatening you of abusing and molestation plus almost attempt to murder you. He is not going to get bail. And I have a control over the political party he is a member of. They will make him resign if he supports his Son. That man is greedy for power, he won’t be losing it at any cost. So, forget he getting his son out from Jail”

His words give Khushi some assurance that the threat is gone from their lives.

“And now Vicky has learnt the truth that you didn’t do anything to him, it was Shagufta. So, if anyone has to worry further, it should be her, not us”
“She gone too far this time” Khushi kept her tone tight.
“She crossed the limits Khushi. And somewhere I think I could have stopped her way back when she showed traces of interest in marrying me.”

Arnav is not totally wrong. Had he stopped her growing hopes from him, in terms of a relationship beyond friendship, she wouldn’t go this far. Or who knows? She still might. But now Khushi wants to forget all this and concentrate on what they have. Hurting each other, blaming each other will not help.

“Thanks to your watch which helped you track my location” she adds.
“You should wear that always, understood?”

His voice still sounds threatened.

“I will..” she nods. “I want to talk to Lavanya” she urges.
“Now?”
“Yes”
“She had called me twice to talk to you too but you were weak enough to have a conversation. So, I told her that and already asked forgiveness from our behalf”

Khushi smiles back at her husband for his generosity.

“You apologized to my best friend? It’s hard to believe”
“I have done that before when she almost threatened to kill me if I ever hurt you again. But that was some time back” he mutters dialing up Lavanya’s number and passing the phone to Khushi. She giggles at her husband’s reply recalling when that conversation between Arnav – Lavanya might have happened. Probably when he dialed her to invite Lavanya on their remarriage in Cape Town. Oh!! Those were such beautiful moments. She had her entire family around, there was just love showered on her by each and every one of them. She cannot wait to have such moments with her family again.

“Khushi” She hears Lavanya’s voice speaking over the phone. “Is that you or your husband? Helllo..”
“Its me dear” Khushi speaks while watching Arnav gesturing her to talk as much as she wants and slips out of the room.
“Oh Thank God, I am getting to talk to you. How are you feeling now? How is your shoulder? Are you discharged from the hospital yet or..”
“La” Khushi interrupts. “Sorry for making you suffer because of me”

Lavanya sighs in disbelief.

“Seriously? That’s what you want think it is?” she snaps. “Khushi.. I thought we are still friends”
“We are” Khushi fakes a serious tone.
“Then no sorry or thank you. Hope I have made myself clear”
“Yes Ma’am” Khushi chuckles. “When am I seeing you again?” 
“Soon” she replies. “I am not going to let you stay in that cool penthouse of yours alone for long”
“Seriously? You are coming here?” Khushi’s face lits up.
“Didn’t Arnav tell you? He is hosting my Bachelor’s party there. All our friends are called. We are going to have fun”

Khushi is completely bowled by her husband’s ideas. He has really taken good care and consideration of just not her but everyone related to her as well. Who does that otherwise? She is so proud of him.


To be Continued


NEXT PART 


READ WEDLOCK FROM THE START. HERE


Note: Short again but two short updates make one long update, isnt it? lolzz. Wedlock is coming to an end. Another 2 parts only :( 

__________________________________________________________________________


Also Read - Two Cappuccino by Madhu


 

Khushi, a software Engineer is waiting at a Cafe Shop to meet the man her parents have selected through a matrimonial site. When Arnav, a banker, introduces himself as the same candidate she is here to meet, conversation begins and sparks fly over two cups of Cappuccino. Are they really meant to be for each other or is there a twist in the tale? A romantic tale which will make you fall in love with blind dates all over again.

_____________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________



37 comments:

  1. K.. Madhu can u give back to back update of wedlock and complete it..
    Will u give epilogue for this story?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Update. Shagufta plotted so much Arnav should have taken action much before. Vicky has his own faults . Khushi was not involved in whatever happened with him. Arnav is the perfect husband who not only loves his wife but also take care of her friends. Please update He loves me not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb...they both are behind the bar. Arnav becomes a caring and loving husband

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wedlock is the story which I started following and then only I got to know about your entire blog and eventually read all your work. Wedlock comming to an end makes me sad. 😢❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous one ❤️ Eagerly waiting for he loves me not 😊😍

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eww am hurt wedlock is coming to an end😭😭😭this story is one of my favorite.pls update royal fling

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's going to end 😭happy tears with missing tears as well

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the update..... yup true two short stories make a long one...... I loved Arnuv how he changed and handled his mairrage....


    A request plzzzzz update love me not.... den later wedlock... cz I dont want dat u complete the story so soon....

    Plz update wedlock in intervals....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thant was true you should have stopped shagufta arnav while you were still married

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything turns out to be good now. And it's really sad to know that this is going to end. 🙁😘

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely.... All wells in the end...

    ReplyDelete
  12. happy Janmashtami..:)
    nice update

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice update can we have back to back till it’s completed

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice update yes short one but two shorts are equal to lone one lol I want arshi family starting in next part or arshi child in epilogue plzzz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Superb update 😍😘 ahhh i am going to miss this ff alot yar 😢😢 plezs extent it na if possible plezs madhu 😌😚 ...

    ReplyDelete
  16. SUPERB UPDATE...So this is ending soon...Are we going get another New Fictions here on ArShi Madhu in this place???Waiting for Next Part...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Superb update dear. 😍😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice update. Waiting for precap of he loves me not di

    ReplyDelete
  19. Madhu change the chapter number as 59 in front page and also please update the precap of he loves me not..I want to read whether Arnav ll get cheque and will he be able to meet Khushi before she go to London?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful update loved it
    Waiting for next update eagerly

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful update...
    Woe loved the way arnav got all info n secured everyone...

    He got those 2 evil punished..what punishment for shagufta?

    Wow he apologies to La , ASR did that unbelievable..

    Now he is hosting her bachelor party at his penthouse amazing..

    Looking forward

    ReplyDelete
  22. Only 2 chap left cant believe such an amazing story is ending ... going to miss it

    ReplyDelete
  23. Superb update I don't want it to end...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice arnav is such an amazing and protective and caring loving husband

    ReplyDelete
  25. di update next part so soon .So thoughtful of arnav

    ReplyDelete