Like the Page

Total Pageviews

DO YOU FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM? PLEASE DO GUYS :)

The Pursuit (A Spy Romance)

One Hellish Desire

SEARCH FICTIONS ON THIS BLOG

NEW Swoony Romance on my Premium Content

Lawful Sins - Season 2 - Part 36

 





Chapter 36


Khushi tossed in her sleep. Being in the same position from past 3 hours made her neck ache. Her body felt heavy as his strong masculine arm had still curled over her stomach, his leg stretched over her legs, binding them together. He totally gave a new meaning to the word ‘cozy’. As she wriggled to turn around and face him, her movements woke up Arnav too. Their eyes met and being this close to the woman he desired, at the middle of the night, with their bodies attached, whirled temptations inside. It was then she realized he wasn’t wearing a Shirt. She closed her eyes, trying to fix this situation. She couldn’t just get involved with him it… It felt easier before but not anymore. Arnav read her changing expressions and palmed her red cheek.

“Shut that thought” he urged.

“Not easy”

“Come here” he pulled her even closer.

“I can’t do this” she almost let out a sob.

“Okay, don’t do this” he accepted. “Just go to sleep. We will talk about it tomorrow”

“There is nothing I wish to talk” she snapped. 

“Okay” he patiently nodded. “We won’t talk. Ever. You want to go back to your room?” 

He meant it. If she wanted to go, he would not stop her. Coming here tonight was her decision and he would respect that even if she leaves to her room again. 

“That’s the last thing I want” she confessed snuggling closer. 

“Me too” he kissed her ear pulling her closer again. This was complicated and he was in no hurry to make it simple either. 

“No one … no one held me this close.. ever” she tried to feel him. “No one” tears rolled down her cheeks. This was probably the first time she was crying before him.. before an outsider. But he wasn’t an outsider anymore. He was hers!! 

Arnav rubbed her back gently to make her feel better. He knew she was in tears. But he pretended to be unaware of them. If he made her realize that, she would once again hide in her hard shell like a tortoise. She didn’t need him to wipe her tears or see her vulnerability or show sympathy. She wanted his support… his warmth.. his comfort. And he had that in tremendous to give. 

“I can rock you to a peaceful sleep” he whispered to improve her mood and it did. She wiped her tears and raised her head from his chest to meet his eyes again. 

“I don’t need a babysitter” 

Arnav’s fingers brushed her cheeks, his thumb stroked her jaw. 

“Then tell me what you need?” he mumbled, leaning inches closer to her lips. 

That was a bad idea!! She couldn’t just ask him this. 

“You can tell me Miss Gupta. I take a vow to be your close confidant for life” 

When she still hesitated, he smiled. 

“And I will never judge you.. doesn’t matter how childish or dirtiest thing you ask me to do” he winked. 

A smile broke her lips. She hit his bare chest. 

“Don’t put words in my mouth Mr. Raizada” 

Arnav gripped her wrist and forced her arm to slide over his neck and pushed her fingers to brush his hair.. 

“I got my cuddles tonight. You know what is left?” his voice turned darker than before. 

“We never agreed to that” 

“We could negotiate” 

By now she had started brushing his hair and she loved doing it. She felt his scalp under her palm. The harder she brushed his hair, it darker his expressions got. 

“Why waste time?” she shamelessly made her point and the next second he slammed his lips on her. The kiss was anything but gentle as if they were punishing each other for hurting and fighting all this time. The kiss powered her to stay focused again and wipe off those burning fears from her mind. They pulled back for air and in a minute, he snuggled her closer to sleep. 


****************** 

The first ray of sunshine hit their room and Arnav’s alarm rang too waking the two. Khushi once again squirmed to get off the bed in the fear of being caught with him. Fear. This was something she had locked up in her mind and trained herself to never let it out. But when feelings outgrow, the thought of losing them and the person they have those feelings for, unleashed that fear again. Arnav shut the alarm and watched her get down the bed hastily. That’s when he noticed the cute Blue floral knee length cotton night gown she wore. It looked pretty on her. Anything she wore looked best and just enhanced her beauty. 

“That’s very comfortable” he said pointing out at her gown. “Wear this often please” 
He clearly wasn’t talking about her comfort but his. Khushi felt like hiding somewhere. He liked this simple gown which she chose to wear only when she was too upset and not in a mood to dress up charmingly? How very profound? 

“Stop focusing on my outfit and think of yours” 

“Right” he smiled. “Then give me my shirt back” 

Khushi’s face flushed again. 

“I told you I don’t have it” 

“You are lying to me Miss Gupta” he got up too and gulped some water from the bottle. His arms flexed, showing off the perfect muscles he had built on them. Damn!! If she kept looking at him again, things would turn out different. She had to be in control. 

“Let me drop you” he insisted keeping the bottle away. 

“Seriously? Drop me? My room is just 10 meters away from this door” 

“I don’t care.. It will be a good walk in the morning for me” 

His teases were melting her and she had no count on how many times she had blushed in the past few hours. 

“Go back to sleep” she pushed him as he reached closer. 

“On one condition” 

He tucked a lone strand of her hair behind the ear. 

“Promise me every weekend when I spend my night here, we will sleep together” 

Khushi rolled her eyes. 

“You are becoming very presumptuous again which is not good” 

“Just to sleep Khushi. Not THAT Sleep” 

“Yea. Sleep with cuddles and kisses. Right? No thank you. I better sleep alone” 

She pushed him away and strode to the door. 

“Hey.. wait” he stopped her before she could open the door and leave. 

“Now what?” 

He pecked her forehead almost surprising her. 

“That’s a good morning kiss. Didn’t want you to leave this room without it” 

Khushi punched his chest and slipped out. This man would make her crazy some day by his romancing ideas” 


***************** 

Few hours later 

“The breakfast is seriously yummy” Nandakishore took a bite of the grilled sandwiches. 

“You liked them?” Lavanya asked. 

“Hmm” 

“She is the best at making Sandwiches only… Ask her to cool lunch, she will run away” 

Lavanya pouted at Arnav’s teasing remark. 

“You made them?” NK was impressed. “Wow.. that’s why they are so good baby. Don’t worry, I won’t mind if you stuff my stomach with sandwiches till I am alive” 

“Kishu” Khushi snapped. “Don’t ever talk like that” 

“I said ‘till I am alive’. Didn’t speak of death Khush” 

“Means the same to me” she frowned stretching her arm to pick the juice kettle. Since it was inches away from her reach, Arnav held it out for her. Their eyes locked for a second which didn’t go unnoticed by the rest three. 

“Don’t you think the weather is very peaceful today? Very… cheerful too?” NK passed a teasing statement again. 

“Indeed. The black clouds have disappeared and the sky is slowly shining again” Lavanya added. 

Khushi and Arnav both knew whom they were talking about. Nani kept eating but she had noticed the changes in Arnav and Khushi’s behavior today morning. Compared to last night, they were reacting to each other better. Seemed happy. 

“All thanks to the family time you suggested” Nani mumbled. “This is required to keep a family bonded forever” 

“What’s your plans for tomorrow?” Arnav generally asked Khushi. 

“Totally busy at office” she replied. 

“Same here.. What are your plans NK?” 

NK chuckled. 

“My plans are simple. I am going to take Lavanya for some shopping. Her wardrobe needs some change. And then I have to meet some of my friends. They are complaining ever since I am married, I am not giving them time” 

“I also want to see them..” Lavanya insisted. 

“No baby, this is like a boy’s party. We would go to Club and I can’t risk taking you there” 

“You are worried I will drink? Of course, I wouldn’t NK. I know I am not allowed to..” 

“La.” 

Their bickering continued but it wasn’t so bad that anyone among the rest had to intrude but Arnav suddenly went into a thoughtful mode which Khushi noticed. He didn’t look very happy. She touched his arm over the table to check if he was fine. He plainly nodded and continued to eat. 

The rest of the day the family spent together. The dinner was cooked keeping in mind everyone’s taste. Arnav finally decided to leave back to Shantivan at night. He had to head for work early next morning and couldn’t risk staying back at Gupta Villa tonight. Khushi walked him to the car. 

“I need to talk to you..” he suddenly stated. Khushi met his gaze thinking he was in flirting mood again but his serious expressions intrigued her. 

“I am listening” she replied. 

“Not here.. lets take a walk” 

He led her to the garden at the front of the Villa. 

“What have you decided about NK?” he came straight to the point. 

The topic of her brother was always alarming for Khushi Gupta. 

“What about NK?” she objected. 

“Look” he stopped walking and turned to her. “Let me come straight to the point. I know you have pampered him a lot and that’s really cool because I do the same for Lavanya. But.. don’t you think now this has to stop.. not stop exactly but.. his lifestyle has to change” 

Khushi didn’t understand what Arnav was trying to stress upon. 

“Arnav. Will you elaborate this?” she crossed her arms at her front. 

Arnav nodded. 

“I think its high time for NK to join the family business” 

Khushi’s nose flared. 

“do you think I am not capable to handle my business alone?” 

“No.. That’s not what I meant. I just want NK to understand his responsibility. He is married now. He has a wife and soon he is going to be a father. If he still continues living his life carefree like he is single and has billions of pocket money to spend anyhow he wishes, it won’t work” 

“Why wouldn’t it work?” she snapped. “He does own billions and that’s not his pocket money. He has equal share in the business. That’s his money too” 

“He didn’t earn it Khushi. Look, I don’t mind how he lives his life but he has to learn take some responsibilities” 

“he is already taking enough responsibilities Arnav. Didn’t you see how much he is worried for Lavanya and their baby? She is his sole responsibility now and he is looking after her very well” 

“I am sure he is. But what about work?” 

“He doesn’t need to work. I am there to do that” 

“You are not getting my point” 

“Because you don’t have a point” 

Now she was getting on his nerves again. But if he argued longer, it wouldn’t end well. 

“Okay, lets take a break on this. Think on what we discussed now.. and if you feel I have a point then we will meet tomorrow and see how to take it forward” 

He leaned forward to kiss her forehead but she looked away. That pissed him off. Patience was his mantra now. So, swallowing his frustration, he turned her chin back to face him. 

“Whatever we decide for our siblings, it shouldn’t change what we have between us” 

Khushi bit her lip. He could change his mood in a fraction of second, she cannot. 

“Good night Mr. Raizada. And sweet dreams” 

She turned around and walked back in the house. Arnav sighed in disappointment and head to his car. The drive back reminded him to have patience again and deal with this woman carefully. One mistake and they might keep hurting each other back and forth. That had to stop. He quickly fished his mobile after reaching Shantivan and texted her. 

“You missed a passionate kiss under the dark sky, Miss Gupta. Your loss” 

Khushi was back in her room and cuddling Bella when she read this message. She typed back. 


“You are saying as if I missed a survival tip. Anyone can kiss a woman in the dark” 


“Are you challenging me because I love when you challenge” 


“I know you do. But no thanks. I am not giving any kissy challenges. Because it’s hard to influence me” 


“I like hard challenges. I am coming tomorrow at your workplace to finish what we couldn’t tonight, under the dark open sky” 

“Don’t you dare” 


“See you tomorrow at Gupta Office. Good night. Dream of me” 



“Arnav, don’t dare come to my office tomorrow. You cannot defy me. I am the one who has the right to command between us. These are my orders” 


“Kisses are personal. They were never part of that deal” 


“I have back to back meetings. I don’t have time for your silly challenges” 


“When you see me there, you will make time for me” 


“Never. I will throw you out if you step in my office tomorrow” 


“We will see who does what? Good night sweetheart. I would have loved to chat further, but got a business call to make” 


“Don’t shut me out” 


“I am not. I would never. I can reschedule the call if that’s what you want. We can chat” 


“No, please do your work. And don’t call me sweetheart. My heart is anything but sweet” 


“How would I Know? Never tasted it” 



That’s it.. Her cheeks burned red reading that line. 


“Kya hua? Bolti bund?” 


“Good night and don’t show up at my office tomorrow. Over and out” 


“Good night. See you at your office tomorrow. Over and out. I really mean it. Over and out again” 



Khushi gripped the phone to her heart. What the hell was this man up to? First, he spoiled her mood talking about dragging NK to work and now he was challenging her to kiss her in the office? Would he really do that? 


To be Continued




________________________________________________________________________________

EBOOKS @ 99

BUY YOUR COPIES HERE











30 comments:

  1. Arnav is right. To make Khushi trust him with her life including sharing her past, he has to show hell lot of patience & must say he is doing very good at that.... Atleast now they are being cordial infront of the family & cosy when with each other..

    Their message chat is so interesting & entertaining... Arnav is such a teasing sweetheart❤️

    Arnav's suggestion regarding NK is right & I'm sure sooner or later Khushi would understand & relent...

    Thanks for the lovely update Madhu

    Love
    Kavita Wadnerkar ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arshi's chatting is always a delight to read....

    Thanks for the update....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arnav is right...Nk should take up his responsibilities... He is going to be a Dad... So he needs to start earning himself... And khushi needs to in this

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Khushi is really moody and sometimes irritating.. I initially thought she'll change but even now she's the same.. idk why but I find her nature and mood swings irritating

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ask her to cook lunch as be one cool lunch..
    Arnav is right no does need to take responsibility not just for la but for his own self and to share kush burden

    ReplyDelete
  6. Khushi should listen to aranav point of view. Nk need to join office and take his responsibility. Arnav is the only one who can handle her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kushi will take some time to understand Arnav point on NK, but was a lovely and romantic update

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome update. Loved the way they all are bonding with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome Update. I am really liking the way Arshi's relationship is shaping up. Now I am sure Khushi will surely open up about her past soon. Khushi and Arnav both have intense feelings for each other and are aware of their evoking desires but I don't think it's just attraction it's something beyond that. Khushi is resisting her urges but she gladly didn't shut Arnav completely. An unseen bond is there between them. Khushi is slowly revealing her feelings. Her past is the only matter which is still unknown. Her past must be really dark. Khushi is putting her guards down. Arnav is mature and composed and understand Khushi completely and change her mood. Khushi will surely learn to love and trust soon. Arnav is the perfect partner for Khushi. Both are coming closer and not suppressing their desires for each other. Khushi will let go of her fears but it's not easy. Arnav Khushi relationship is shaping well with teasing and all. Arnav seems to be in love with Khushi. Lavanya and NK's relationship is also good. Khushi is really protective of NK. NK Nani and Lavanya seems to be aware of Arshi relationship. Was missing the protective brother side of Arnav and he is right about NK as its about his sister's future too and as expected things didn't go well with Khushi. NK still behaves as a bachelor and he has to be aware now of his responsibility. Khushi didn't take this lightly as she had already taken the responsibility on herself. Khushi is difficult to understand but Arnav needs a lot of patience to deal with her. Arshi's message conversation was cute. Khushi will surely open up soon. Thanks for the Update😍😘

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel Khushi will soon open up about her past . Love the way things are progressing. Arshi have come a long way. Arnav is right about NK . Khushi will surely look into the matter. As a protective sister she argued. Elder siblings always want younger ones comfort. So Khushi isn't wrong. But after some point younger ones should be made aware of their responsibility. Nice Update. Khushi will surely look into this matter. Lovely Update.💗

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know how much characterization of Arnav I will love Tanhai,Hidden Marriage,Wedlock,Ankahee,Doli,Maze 2,love a Rebellion,Kanayadan ,Stranger and now this on.There is always a character growth.Something interesting.I love Arnav of all the ffs.❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful update ❤️ loved it 😘

    ReplyDelete
  13. I used to love lawful sins but I guess I'm liking yaadein and royal fling more now as the Khushi in lawful is very weird and annoying.. she's too bossy and full of herself.. Arnav is being too patient with her.. I feel she's being too much now. She needs to take it down a notch.. Arnav isn't her slave to keep running after her and follow her tantrums

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm in love with this story, is so different from other I think,has more romance and this make it fabulous. Thank you Madhu for your work...😘😘😘

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved this patient ASR. The point arnav arise regarding NK's life is valid, khushi can't spoon feed him all life.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice one... It's high time NK take responsibility... Loved their banter chat...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Arnav is very understanding and patient... Hope he could change Khushi and her views slowly in the process of healing her... The update was romantic as I loved it...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Poor Arnav! He has to tolerate so much. It must be hard for khushi. I really don’t have any idea about how to take khushi out from her shell. She is so reserved. I’m amazed that khushi can’t understand what arnav means. First she must understand that she can’t pamper her brother until she Lives. She has to give him responsibilities. He is not a baby anymore. Hope khushi understands this soon. Nice update!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Khushi should stop making everything about her and start giving people around her some importance to!

    Arnav is right, NK cannot live under her shadows for long especially now that he has is own family. And if he starts taking responsibilities it doesn't mean Khushi is weak, it will just make him better and add to her strength.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the Arnav in this story.. loved the way he is being so gentle and caring with Khushi.

    And he is entirely right about NK. Khushi is to be blamed for his careless and irresponsible attitude. He is now married, going to have a baby but all he can think is about partying and drinking.. what kind of role model will he be for his child?

    And Khushi has to stop trying to be protective and cocoon him - she is doing more damage than good.

    Every human being needs to have a purpose in life while NK is happy to be a drifter -and khushi happy to encourage it. If her parents were a failure as parents, so is she in that role for NK.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Superb written concept amazing story

    ReplyDelete
  22. Kishu is very fortunate to have a sister like Khushi.
    All these years she had strived very hard to give him a luxurious life.Now its his turn to be a responsible brother and a responsible father to his child.If not for the money, let him start working to give an assurance to his sister n wife that he can be trusted upon too at difficult times
    I love the way khushi is slowly opening up before Arnav.Like the way a bud blooms into a flower.
    Yes.Arnav For a change needs tons of patience and eagle like eyes to protect his lady love.Khushi has enough intelligence , smartness and shrewdness.
    But lacks patience.
    At no point, Arnav should allow the Guptas to humiliate or degrade khushi in the public.
    Lets see How Arnav enters Guptas office the next day and how khushi gives a thought abt kishu entering the Gupta empire??

    ReplyDelete
  23. Kishu is very fortunate to have a sister like Khushi.
    All these years she had strived very hard to give him a luxurious life.Now its his turn to be a responsible brother and a responsible father to his child.If not for the money, let him start working to give an assurance to his sister n wife that he can be trusted upon too at difficult times
    I love the way khushi is slowly opening up before Arnav.Like the way a bud blooms into a flower.
    Yes.Arnav For a change needs tons of patience and eagle like eyes to protect his lady love.Khushi has enough intelligence , smartness and shrewdness.
    But lacks patience.
    At no point, Arnav should allow the Guptas to humiliate or degrade khushi in the public.
    Lets see How Arnav enters Guptas office the next day and how khushi gives a thought abt kishu entering the Gupta empire??

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loving this dide of arnav.. showing unconditional love and patience to khushi...
    Loving his messages to her..

    He is right khushi should think to make NK take responsibility...

    Eagerly looking forward

    ReplyDelete
  25. Superb Update Madhu...This story is really getting interesting...Waiting for Next Part...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Loving this mobile chat between ARSHI....what Arnav is trying to tell Khushi regarding NK is correct. Interesting one

    ReplyDelete
  27. Way to go Arnav.....Patience is a virtue. Awesome 👏

    ReplyDelete