Like the Page

Total Pageviews

DO YOU FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM? PLEASE DO GUYS :)

The Pursuit (A Spy Romance)

One Hellish Desire

SEARCH FICTIONS ON THIS BLOG

NEW Swoony Romance on my Premium Content

Rise of the Devil - Part 3B

 


PREVIOUS PART




Chapter 3B



Khushi’s POV


I force my eyes to keep open as the Devil, like everyone calls him, takes my head on his lap.

“Khushi” he pats my cheeks to keep me awake.


My name from his lips makes me feel alive again. I have no clue why I am attracted to this man.. he is the Devil.. he protects my father but also handles all his dark business. I should be running away from him and yet here I am, feeling strongly and strangely passionate for this Werewolf. I wish I don’t do that. But only if I had that in my hand. My thoughts divert when he carries me in his arms. I am transported into a different world… a different feeling but soon there is darkness and I don’t see him or even feel myself anymore. 

***************

Someone is caressing my head.. I know this touch.. It’s Buaji. I open my eyes and the flash of light irks my vision.

“Titaliya..”

I hear Buaji’s soft voice and hence confirmed she is the one next to me. I try to open my eyes again and this time I am successful.

“Thank God you are fine” Buaji kisses my forehead, her eyes still wet with tears.

I look around and realize I am back home. She helps me when I try to get up and pushes two pillows at the back to support my body.

“I was at the temple” I mumble passively. “There was fire..”

“And you fainted. You were unconscious for two hours. We were so worried for you”

Dad replies coming inside my room. He looks equally relieved that I am fine.

“How is my baby doll doing?” He sits next to me and holds my hand. “You almost took my breath away.

“I am fine Dad”

“Why wouldn’t you be fine? Arnav saved you after all”

Oh yes. I do recall that now. The Devil saved me. I sense pride and relief in his tone.

“He put his life in danger to save you. I cannot even imagine how can I repay him for all his goodness and timely actions?” He adds. I nod in agreement but when I see Buaji, she is not very impressed. I don’t understand what to infer from her reactions but seems like she doesn’t like Arnav much. I want to know why? She is always so humble and kind to everyone.. then why not Arnav?

“Now please rest while I take care of other things”

I know what other things he has to take care of. Poor guards… they are going to bear the bitter fruits of their negligence towards safeguarding me. He gets up and walks out. I turn to Buaji who passes me a glass of water.

“How did the temple catch fire?” I ask sipping some water.

“Your father thinks it was an accident but Arnav doesn’t think so. He is very sure someone had purposely thrown excess oil on the floor when you were praying there, which caught fire”

I listen patiently.

“Now you are back Khushi” she mentions. “Please be careful of where you go and whom you be with. I have no doubt your father will protect you but you have to ensure that you abide by his words. They have enemies who know you are back and can try to harm you”

“Then why is Dad still interested in keeping me here forever? Why doesn’t he let me go away?”

“They will hunt you down”

“Who They?” I snap.

“Your father’s enemies” she replies. “You think going far away from this place will keep you safe, but the truth is, it will put you in danger. Only staying close to this place can make sure you live more”

“Then I don’t want to live more”

I lean my head over her lap.


“I don’t want to live this life Buaji. Please do something for me. Help me get away”


She doesn’t say anything neither I coax her to assist me. I know if Dad gets to know she helped me, he might hurt her too and I will never let that happen.


**************

It’s been few hours now that I am conscious and roaming around in the house but I haven’t seen the Devil yet.. Where is he? I asked one of the guards but he said Devil is busy. I want to know what keeps him so busy? The memory of the way he saved me is still lingering in my mind. The way he called my name… his touch on my face… his hands on my body as he carried me in his arms still tickles every never endings. I know Buaji will never tell me his whereabouts so I decide to find it out myself. Dad is busy in his room and that gives me an opportunity to find the man I am so desperately looking for. One of the guards mentions he is in his room at the service quarters. I take the directions to his room and make my way there. All the servants of my house have a special building where they stay in their individual rooms, just next to our Palace. But Arnav doesn’t stay in one of those. He has a small two-bedroom house between the Palace and the Service quarters. It wasn’t there when I left for College 5 years back. It was built recently and I still don’t understand why this special consideration and affinity only for the Devil? Why this extravagant treatment for him and not the rest of my father’s guards. Before him, my father had a few personal bodyguards but none of those got this special treatment… what makes Devil so special?

I reach Devil’s house and to my luck, the door is open. But I can sense him.. he is in there.. I pause my steps thinking if I should really meet him. Buaji has warned me to stay away from him so there must be a strong reason behind it. Should I risk ignoring her warnings? I am still about to make a decision when I hear him shouting inside..

“Hari Prakash… Hari Prakash”

I jerk at the roughness in his tone. He sounds frustrated. Hari Prakash is one of our servants but what is he doing here in the Devil’s house? I walk inside and that’s when I get to see him.. Shirtless and only wearing his Jogging pants.. I have never seen him like this.. His scarred back faces me as he is seated on the chair. Those are burn marks and they are fresh. Did he get them because of me? While saving my life? I think so.


“Where the hell were you? Apply this damn gel on my back” he shouts without turning behind. I think he has mistaken me for Hari Prakash. I don’t clear his doubts. I look around to see if Hari Prakash is anywhere to be seen but not finding him, I decide to play his role.

“Be quick” he shouts again and this time I almost rush to him. Ripple of awareness spreads through my body knowing I am about to touch his bare back. I apply the gel on his back and am about to rub it gently when he senses something wrong and before I can touch him, he grasps my wrist and pulls me ahead. The force with which he hauls me, I fall on his lap, with my arms clutching his shoulders to support myself. He looks defensive. If that’s the way he looks at his enemies, I don’t think they can stand before him and fight for long. I am lost again. Only because I never had boys as friends and I never got a chance to date a man… I am so much attracted to Devil.

“Tum?” His voice is hoarse and filled with surprise. Goosebumps sweeps across my skin as he pulls me comfortably on his lap, sensing I am losing my balance. “What the hell were you doing?”

“Easing your pain” I mumble. “These burns… you got them because of me?”

He watches me like no one has never shown him this much concern. I don’t let him push me off. This is my only chance to bring him on my side. To show him I care. To be honest, I do care genuinely. My fingers graze the skin of his back where I have applied the cool gel. He stiffens as my fingers come in contact with his bruises. None of us drop our gazes from each other and I use this as a hint from his end to continue. I spread the gel evenly on his back and rub it gently. I do that until I cover all his bruises. He closes his eyes as if controlling the urge to either pull me to him.. or push me away. It’s hard to say what decision he would make. The next instant he grips my arms tight than before and I think he has made his decision now. He puts me down and gets on his feet to grab a shirt from the side.

“Get out” He shouts buttoning his shirt.

I am horrified and my lips tighten at his bitter tone.

“I own this place” I snap.

“You don’t own me and I want you out of this house now or else it won’t take me long to tell your father about the matrimonial site you have created a profile on”

He is blackmailing me? I won’t let him do that.

“Go tell him..” I turn around and scan the room. It’s completely bland to my taste. No colorful curtains or bedsheets, no pictures of his family”

“Where is your family?” I ask strolling around. He looks pissed but doesn’t respond. “Do you have a girlfriend?” I sit on the side table, swaying my legs with ease. I want to show him I am very cool but that’s so opposite to what I am feeling right now. The Devil’s gaze keeps burning my body but I hide my nervousness. “You don’t look a boyfriend material though. So, I assume you are single”

He strides towards me and my lips zip on their own.

“Go” he warns me again and though I want to run away from him, I don’t.

“Are you always this Hot all the time?” I tease. “Or is it only when you are around someone special?”

He eyes me for my silly statements and the next instant, he pulls me down the table and pins me on the wall behind. Everything about this man is so rough and raw. I feel my back aching already by his assault.

“You think I don’t know what you are trying to do?” he asks. “No matter how much you lure me, I am not going to help you elope this place Khushi. You are safe here and that’s because I am the one keeping you safe”

Damn!! He knows my plans? How? Does he really read people’s mind?

“You don’t know how to treat a woman.. probably no one ever has taught you that..” I keep my fingers crossed hoping he doesn’t hurt me for saying that. “Don’t worry Devil… you finally have a delicate woman to teach you how to behave with a wise woman. Who knows, maybe you will find a girlfriend after learning these tactics from me? I will teach you for free and tell you what a woman wants from her man!!”

He raises his finger and I shut my eyes in fear. But he doesn’t hurt me. He just pokes his finger and taps it on my forehead.

“Your brain is corrupted by your hormones. Cleanse them before you make wrong choices and spoil your life forever”

I open my eyes when he grabs my arm and drags me to the door again. Once I am out, he shuts the door of his house on my face!! Like Seriously? Who the hell is the servant here? He or Me? Damn!! How am I suppose to break his shield and turn him to my side? I kick his door.

“Very eager to walk away from me, aren’t you Devil?” I shout. I know he is listening.. “Now just wait and watch. If I don’t make you run behind me in the next one day, I will change my name..”


Hoping he is threatened by my warning, I walk away.


To be Continued.


NEXT PART



Note: Short parts these days but I am helpless. Little busy. I will post You Ought to be Mine – Season 3 tomorrow.

18 comments:

  1. Phewwwww.... This Khushi is head to head competing with Arnav from YOTBM3 in terms of attraction & passion for their subject of interest & I'm thoroughly enjoying both of them & both the stories as well...

    But Khushi is indeed playing with fire here... Arnav is way too smart & ahead of her to just lure him to do her bid & the best part is he knows all her secret plans she is making behind her father's back... She needs to think something out of the box now... About her challenge of making him run behind her in a day then for that she might convince her father that all her guards r incompetent & only Arnav is competent in protecting her so he should be made her bodyguard & after the terrifying fire incident Shashi would definitely agree to her suggestion & make Arnav her bodyguard... It would b fun to see Khushi make him do her petty jobs & irritate him to the limits 🤣

    After reading about Arnav's reaction to Khushi's presence in his room & his brief vulnerability seeing her care towards him, I'm very eager to read his pov on everything... Hope to read that soon...

    Thanks for the wonderful update, Madhu ❤️

    Love
    Kavita Wadnerkar ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Update. Arnav's attitude is terrific how will he help Khushi to elope . Pinning and Pulling are Arnav's traits. Arnav already knows her plans. Khushi wants to teach Arnav about behaving with a woman. Arnav was little rough with Khushi. Arnav though tried to threaten Khushi she remain unaffected. Khushi is also curious and brave. Khushi finds Arnav hot . Khushi has a kind heart and she genuinely cared for Arnav but she wants Arnav on her side. Loved the way she sooth his wound. Khushi is attracted to Arnav and passionate about him. This was Arnav's plan to win the trust of Shashi Gupta. Buaji don't like Arnav much. What's Arnav's motive . Are Shashi Gupta's enemies related to Arnav. Khushi is quite affected by Arnav. Khushi saw him shirtless and also his wound and tried to help him but unfortunately Arnav came to know and caught her and she fall on his lap. Khushi is lost in Arnav but hope he doesn't hurt her. How will Khushi elope with Arnav's help but Arnav already knows her plans. Hope Khushi teach Arnav how to behave with woman. He was indeed little harsh with Khushi. Thanks for the Update😍😘

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Arnav is smarter than we imagined.. he knows each and every move of Khushi.. looking forward to how Khushi will make him run behind her in one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice
    so much of hormonal tension
    I hope K doesn't do something stupid

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suuuppeeerbb Update Madhu...Wow...He put her down and on get on his feet to grab a shirt prove he was controlling him a lot...And this dialogue Your brain is corrupted by hormones clean them was Mind blowing...Is Arnav an Agent or CBI by any chance...Waiting for Next Part...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arnav knew khushi's plan. Smart Arnav. I love khushi character . She scared of arnav at a same time admiring him.
    Why Buaji hate arnav, did she know about arnav past which shashi don't know or anyone know.
    Story is very thrilling and interesting
    Waiting for next update dear

    ReplyDelete
  7. Arnav is really very intelligent and smart. Khushi have to convince her dad to appoint Arnav as her personal bodyguard. By saving Khushi Arnav already created an image and also won the trust of Shashi Gupta so Shashi Gupta won't think twice before appointing him. So much desires and attractions is brewing between Arshi. Waiting for the next part .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Arnav already knows everything khushi plans. I’m waiting to see what will happen next. Awesome sis!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think arnav has feelings for her already maybe z a son of khushi buaji

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think arnav has feelings for khush that's why he is keeping step strong face infront of her..
    Let's see what khushi will do now

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is playing with 🔥 fire.but why buaji hate arnav?

    ReplyDelete
  12. You said u will post arnav's pov ..i really wan to know what are his views regarding khushi...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like 👍 this Khushi. So daring and mischievous 😏 Fabulous updates

    ReplyDelete
  14. Superb madhu . I already fell in love with this story . Rough and tough arnab and cute and smart khushi . Is khushi changed arnab's Nick name were wolf to devil ?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful fabulous update dear

    ReplyDelete
  16. The devil is a formidable opponent Khushi. You are way out of your depth. Lol 😂

    ReplyDelete