Like the Page

Total Pageviews

DO YOU FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM? PLEASE DO GUYS :)

Teaser 8 - No One Like You

SEARCH FICTIONS ON THIS BLOG

FREE ON AMAZON PRIME READING

You Ought to be Mine - Season 3 - Part 27

 



PREVIOUS PART 



Chapter 27



Khushi’s POV


It’s late evening already and I am aware Laad Governor is going to be home any moment. He wants to take me out but I am not interested. The whole day he wasn’t home and I am very sure he was engrossed in stealing Devki Estate from me. The door knock breaks my stance and I see Meera Singh Raizada coming inside. Since Arnav has made this clear in the morning that he is fine about me staying here with Daadi for work, Meera is annoyed and hasn’t spoken a word to me since then.


“I knew it” she snarls. “Arnav is almost reaching home to pick you and you are not even interested in getting ready”

I heave in disbelief. 
“You don’t have to tell me what I need to do and when? I am mature enough to take my decisions”

“Mature and you?” she laughs. “You are selfish and an opportunist”


I am done with this woman who also happens to be my mother-in-law now.

“If you are done praising me, you can please leave”

“Well, I am leaving. Tomorrow I am leaving with my son and husband and though I still don’t accept you as my Bahu, I still wished you hadn’t broken my son’s heart by denying to join us. Anyways”

She keeps a bag on the bed.

“This is a Dress for you. Wear it tonight when you go out with Arnav. I don’t want you to wear those typical Salwars with those annoying Dori’s at the back”

Now I am more pissed.

“But your son loves them” I cross my arms at front, smirking. “He just cannot keep his hands to himself when I wear one of those”

Meera’s brow furrows as if she doesn’t want to believe it or has no interest in learning about her son’s weakness for his wife.

“Take it back” I snap. “I am a fashion designer and I have better dressing sense than you. Only because you have stayed past two decades abroad, doesn’t mean I need to learn that from you. I will wear what I like wearing. Not because your son and you want me to wear according to your choices”


Meera is silent for few seconds and then she mutters. “I don’t understand what my son saw in you”

“Ask him. He might write a book on that subject, trust me”

I wink at her and head to the closet. It’s better I use my time to get ready instead of wasting it by arguing with my Mother-in-law.


Within an hour I am ready and looking myself in the mirror. I have no clue where Arnav is taking me but I choose this Red shimmering gown with a pair of silver earrings. I have tied my hair into a Bun leaving my nape bare. I feel Arnav before I see him in the mirror. He is admiring me standing at the door of his bedroom. My pulse leaps as he takes steps towards me. His dress shirt and suit are both black and a silver tie matching his shrewd and assessing eyes. I am about to turn around but he presses my shoulders, forcing me to keep looking at him in the mirror. I wait for him to speak and get annoyed when he keeps staring at me, with a dark silence around us.

“What are you doing?” I snap.

“Capturing your look. I have to sustain in USA without this gorgeous face of my wife for some time”

I swallow hard. His voice is smooth, with a rasp which makes my stomach flutter. I am yet to analyze why I feel so acidic when he is around? As if his presence generates some unique hormones inside me and they keep bumping with each other, giving me this feeling.

My stance breaks as his fingers inch closer to the zip of my dress. I am about to shrug him off but his actions make me stop. He pulls the zip up and hooks it tight. And he does all this without breaking our gaze.

“I am good at dressing people too.. not just undressing” he mocks.

Rolling my eyes at him, I turn around.

“I knew you have a lot of experience in both” I scowl. “But you don’t need to demo on me. Try it on women you still think they have a chance with you, despite your marriage status”

I am about to leave when he grips my arm and pulls me back to where I was standing earlier. But closer to him this time!!


“Infidelity is not my thing, Khushi. Now whatever I desire, you are the only one who will fulfil all that”

Women would have love to hear that from her man and though I appreciate his thoughts, I don’t let it show on my face.

“What about my desires?” I ask.

He watches me amused.

“Name them sweetheart” His grip on my arms loosens but he circles his hands around my waist now.

“It’s a long list. My first desire is that you stop kissing me without my permission”

Yes. I mean it. He just cannot take a Kiss. He has to ask for it.. Make me feel that need to kiss him too. And that’s never going to happen.

“Done” he nods. “I will kiss you when you desire, I do”

“In your dreams” Blowing a wayward strand off my face, I grin.

Just when I think he will be offended by that, he instead, pulls me closer and leans on my ear.


“In my dreams, I have kissed every inch of your body Pet..”

Something shifts in the air between us. His wet dreams scares me. I have never seen a man so obsessed for a woman, even in TV soaps and knowing I have one crazy for me, I am terrified. But a part of me swells with pride. Not all women get that honor which I have. I can use this. In my favor to make him dance on my fingers. But that’s not me. I will never use my husband for my selfishness, however genuine that reason is.

“Can we leave now? I am sure we are getting late”

Arnav steps back, checking his watch.

“Very” he says holding my wrist and leading me out.


*****************

Mohan drives us to Leela Mahal and I had no clue this was the Venue until we reach the VIP parking of that building. I get down first followed by Arnav who once again holds my hand and leads me to the elevator. Out of all the places in this town, I have a special affinity for this one. It’s vibrant energy inside with the feel of this place is out of the world. The elevator doors shut and Arnav turns to me.


“The Staff of Leela Mahal hosted this party for us to welcome my wife in my world”

I nod. His world!! I gulp nervously knowing I have never been socially live between his class of people. He slides his arm around my waist and pulls me by his side.

“Just be yourself, you should be fine”


He places a kiss on my head, just above my ear and I don’t stop him for that. There is nothing sexy about that kiss, its more assuring and soothing kind. As the doors open, we are welcomed by a crowd of people, of high class and from notable families, none of them I have ever met or seen before. Arnav leads me through that crowd, introducing me to most of them. I hardly remember their names and designations as we move forward. The next one hour we are totally busy taking wishes from people. I wonder why Ayush and Meera Singh Raizada aren’t a part of this.

All the time while we meet the guests, Arnav never leaves my hand. I am totally in a different world. His world!! So Dark and dangerous. There are Social reformers, prestige royal families, Police commissioners, Politicians, members of Government bodies and many more who can hardly be at one place like this. It scares me thinking of the power my husband and his father has. I feel suffocated thinking what these people can do to Devki Estate on the commands of the Raizadas.

“I want to use the washroom” I whisper to Laad Governor, while he speaks to one of the guests.

He smirks at me and then politely excuses us both, leading me towards the other end.

“You don’t have to take me there personally, just show me the way”

He doesn’t care for my words and only when I see the signs pointing at the washroom direction, we both stop.

“Just be careful in there” he mutters. “Couples tend to use them more for making out with each other?”

A horror of expression forms on my face which he laughs at and whispers to me again.

“One of my desire in the near future with you”

Damn!! Is he serious? I push him away and make my way to the ladies washroom, crossing my fingers and hoping I don’t disturb anybody’s making out session. Thankfully, there is no one in and I get to spend some time, doing a quick touch up of my cheeks and lips. When I come out again, Arnav isn’t there but one of the social reformers, whom I was introduced to a while ago, is speaking over the phone. The moment he sees me, he disconnects the call and comes my way.

“Mrs. Raizada” he grins. “What a lovely party”

“Thank you” I mumble. He is drunk.

“ASR is always so lively in terms of everything. His parties are the best”

“Please tell him that. I didn’t arrange all this” I reply and try to make my way to the party again but he keeps talking and I find it completely rude to walk away.

“Everyone is surprised here how he married so suddenly to you.. But I knew it” he laughs. “He is so much into you.. I knew it the day he hit me for you”

Now I am intrigued. Is this man really speaking the truth? When did Arnav hit him?

“He hit you?” I ask curiously. “When? Why?”

“That’s an old story now. But I could see it in his eyes. He promised to even kill us all if we even think of hurting you”

I am little nervous by his remark. When did all this happen?

“Sinha”

Arnav’s voice startles us both as we see him striding to us. It doesn’t look like he is happy of our private conversation. Arnav grabs my waist again, a gesture I have started getting used to now. He turns to this man who was giving me such primitive information so far.

“I don’t like people scaring my wife” Arnav snaps.

“Sorry ASR. I wasn’t scaring her. Did I Mrs. Raizada?”

I blink at him.

“You hit him for me once?” I ask directly to my husband who is still burning in anger.

“He told you that?”

“Is that true?”

Sinha excuses and leaves us alone.

“Why did he say you hit him for me? How am I connected to any of this?”

Arnav stiffens.

“Let’s get inside. People are waiting for us”

“No” I stop him when he tries to drag me. “You owe an explanation first”

“Don’t ruin the moment”

I dare him not to leave without he gives me these answers.

“You even threatened to kill them if they hurt me?”

“I didn’t threaten. I meant it”

I stare at him, my eyes wide and my mouth snapped shut.

“My father had called these people before in Leela Mahal to break your strength. They all were planning to trouble you to make you leave the thought of Devki Estate. This reformer Sinha was one amongst them. Dad wanted me to lead this team and get the Estate from you”

I am speechless. Ayush Singh Raizada is terrible. How can he go to this extent? I am never going to forgive that man so easily. Arnav closes the gap between us and cups my face.

“I am never letting anyone hurt you Pet”

It takes me a minute to nod. Everything inside me is screaming. Whose side is Laad Governor? He says he didn’t support his father’s motives and he threatened people not to hurt me but then he also doesn’t give me the sole rights of Devki Estate and is planning something big there. What are his intentions? Should I trust him or should I be scared that he could risk anything for me? Even his relationship with his parents?


To be Continued. 


__________________________________________________________________________________


NEW EBOOK PUBLISHED


For those who were waiting to read the story of Ria Dewan and Uday Khanna, here it is – Enchanted (Short Story) 

Ria Dewan is in Mumbai for three weeks to attend her friend’s wedding when her life collides with the ever-charming Uday Khanna. While Uday has already fallen for her talkative and extrovert nature, Ria is clueless and trying hard to impress him. Can he really be her Prince Charming? Is Uday really whom she thinks he is? 


Enchanted is a Standalone Sweet Romantic tale of love at first sight. 


Note: Ria Dewan and Uday Khanna are the side characters of my other eBook – Marriage Jitters (Book 1 of Accidental marriage series)


BUY  PDF (Indian Readers ) by Netbanking/eWallet 

BUY PDF by PAYPAL

International Readers/Indian Readers can BUY PDF by CARD HERE


SNEAK PEAK 1

The Duty Manager looks behind me and his face turns pale. He immediately bows his head down and I am curious to see why he behaved like that. I quickly swing my head back to see who stood behind me and there I see him. A handsome man, almost three inches taller to me, stands in White Shirt and blue jeans. My heart skips a beat. His thick black hair is little longer and even looking at them prickles my fingers. I have met many handsome men so far, all thanks to my brother Viren’s social circle, but this man here has surpassed all of them. He gives me a quick glance and then he tilts his head to see the Duty Manager. 

“That’s not the way you deal with Customers” 

The way this stranger says it and the Duty manager politely nods, makes me think he is the General manager I am looking for. 

“Oh, so you are his head? What kind of Staff have you hired?” 

I don’t like shouting at him but he needs to know that. At least next time no other customers will feel offended like I am at the moment. 

“I am extremely sorry Miss?” 

“Ria Dewan” I snap. 

As if sensing something, his face tightens. People have given me that look knowing who I am. My brother Viren Dewan is a Billionaire and I am happily enjoying all its perks wherever I go. 

“Miss Dewan, how can I help you?” He slides his palms in his pant pockets and every nerve in my body does a happy dance. The authoritative pose he gives is not something I would like to miss.


35 comments:

  1. Waiting to see if they finally communicate with each other without any hidden agenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Update. Now Khushi knows Arnav can do anything for her. He is on Khushi's side and won't give Devaki Estate also to keep her with him. Arnav hit a person for Khushi he cares for her and loves her so much that he didn't hesitate to go against his dad. But it's sad that Khushi formed a bad image about Ayush and Meera. Seeing Arnav's passion probably Khushi is scared. How will Arshi relationship turn out now will be interesting. Thanks for the Update😍😘

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome update.waiting for Arnav n kushis nokjok.
    Read ur Enchanted short story , it was amazing n very romantic.loved it
    Thanku

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I strangle Meera Raizada?? If not that then at least glue her lips forever making her dumb so that she stops puking rubbish from that shitty mouth of hers 😡 Glad that Khushi is giving her back word to word 👍

    Arnav's seriousness on their relationship & his loyalty towards her as a husband can really help Khushi to see him in a good light.... Khushi has got a glimpse of the same in their party through Arnav himself ❤️

    Loved the update, Madhu... Thank u ☺️

    Love
    Kavita Wadnerkar ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Khushi thinks Arnav is only after the estate. She understands how much Arnav loves her and is passionate about her. Meera Raizada is as expected happy with Arnav's decision. She though tried to dominate Khushi but failed miserably. Khushi got quite bold love the way she deal with Meera .Meera who is herself selfish and an opportunist lady telling Khushi the same is not good. Khushi calmly sorted the situation. Meera Raizada don't want Khushi to be her daughter in law yet know that her son will be heartbroken without Khushi. Khushi was strong always but now she became more bold and openly told Meera about Arnav's weakness. Meera Raizada will think twice before messing with Khushi from now on. Khushi is an independent woman and has her own choices. Khushi got ready in red and is equally affected by Arnav. Arnav won't leave for U.S . Khushi has some feelings for Arnav. Arnav is really a gentleman and want only Khushi. Hope Khushi realise her feelings soon. But she is a tough nut to crack. Khushi ask Arnav to stop kissing her she may be afraid of his passionate side. Nice to see Arnav introducing Khushi to his world which is totally different from Khushi's world. Arnav is more bold than Khushi. Arnav hit a person for Khushi. He cares for her and loves her. He is going against his dad for her also. Ayush and Meera both are sailing in the same boat. Khushi formed a negetive image about Ayush and Meera. Arnav won't give Devaki Estate for keeping Khushi with him. Arnav can risk anything for Khushi. Hope Khushi trust him. Waiting for another Update 😍

    ReplyDelete
  6. Khushi start to realise how much arnav love and care for her. But arnav going to leave uk tommorow, how arshi relationship going to progress.
    Meera so much attitude, happy khushi gave back.
    Waiting for next update dear

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful update. Khushi should by now understand Arnav’s actions and words. She should consider to have a good talk with him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Update. His love for her is unconditional and he can go to any extent for her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey There's a typo up there it's "you owe me an explanation" or "I deserve an explanation".

    Beautiful update!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Superb Update...Khushi is awesome the way she handle her MIL was fab...I think Arnav is helping Khushi in Devki Estate matter...He wont hurt her and his daadi sentiments...Waiting for Next Part...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmm.. I am glad to see that Khushi is not a pushover! Meera can be as nasty as she wishes, I think she has just learnt that Khushi is not intimidated easily...

    I am not sure why everyone keeps saying how much Arnav loves Khushi..I don't see any signs of it.. yes he is sexually attracted to her and desires her beyond the normal but I am not sure of love...

    Am wondering how money can make people lose all sense of right and wrong? Ayush Raizada is a prime example of that..poor Daadi...

    I suspect there is some reason for the bad blood between Meera & Daadi and the latter may not be completely blameless.. though Meera would make it v difficult for anyone to like her ��

    ReplyDelete
  12. In your fictions is Arnav in relationships before meeting/marrying Khushi?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice update...
    One thing I don't like about Khushi is that she thinks worse about Arnav. Meera remarked Khushi as selfish in a sense I feel she is. Arnav has put much effort to show Khushi his affection, but Khushi doesn't even think a bit. I hope once Arnav leaves for US Khushi realise the value of him.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Trust him khushi ,if he would be last person also on the earth 🌎 then also he will not hurt you😊He loves you soo much that you won't be able to imagine. Hope you don't hurt him.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good khushi got the insight of arnavs passion towards her and also I liked how arnav assured her about their relationship that he would not do infidelity ,its not him

    ReplyDelete
  16. I feel Arnav is fulfilling Dadi's dream about the devki estate which Khushi was going to do & Khushi will get to know soon. Thks will make them closer 🤩

    ReplyDelete
  17. At last a little breakthrough between them .

    ReplyDelete
  18. Madhu will u be updating yaadein tomorrow???

    ReplyDelete
  19. Totally loved the way khushi replied to Meera, someone has to show meera her place..

    Loved the way he loves her..but why his parent are not in the party?

    Looks like he is fulfilling David's dream without telling her..

    Looking forward

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm sure whatever Arnav is doing at Devika estate it's for dadis dream plan.. he just won't tell Khushi now

    ReplyDelete
  21. Confusing but interesting.... Looking forward to the story...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Before he leaves
    I think they need to have a proper talk

    ReplyDelete
  23. Plz update another episode of it
    As always loved it loved it loved it💞💞💞

    ReplyDelete
  24. Why would someone dislike this comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I hope once arnav goes khushi will realize the meaning of marriage and why it’s important to stay together after a marriage. I still believe arnav is not going to do anything with devaki estate. Waiting for the next chapter!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful fabulous awesome update dear

    ReplyDelete
  27. I’ve read all of Madhu’s stories atleast thrice ... some even more than 8 times ... I used to think yaadein has my heart ... but now .. for some reason this story has my heart .. eagerly waiting for chapter 28(writing this while waiting for Madhu to upload it !!!)

    ReplyDelete
  28. The writing is on the wall Khushi....you need to learn to trust him....

    ReplyDelete