Like the Page

Total Pageviews

DO YOU FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM? PLEASE DO GUYS :)

Teaser 8 - No One Like You

SEARCH FICTIONS ON THIS BLOG

FREE ON AMAZON PRIME READING

You Ought to be Mine - Season 3 - Part 29

 


PREVIOUS PART 


Chapter 29



Khushi’s POV


“Who is Naina, Arnav?”

“I had a small history with her”


His reply doesn’t baffle me. I don’t think he was sane until he met me here and married.

“History? Which you never told me about”

“Let the past be in the past. You are my future Mrs. Khushi Singh Raizada”


Damn!! I am diverting from the main subject again. I have to speak to him about Devki Estate first!!

“Things don’t go well when the Past meets the future. I hope you realize this and if you do, please ask your friend Naina never to disconnect my call again, especially when I am so desperate to speak to my husband” I rebuke. 
After a long silence between us, I hear him gasp. “You were desperate for me?”

“I was” I don’t lie but I don’t let him enjoy that truth either. “I was desperate to speak to you. Who is coming to Devki Estate tomorrow and why? You left without mentioning that to me”


There is another long silence between us.

“Devki Estate is as much mine as its yours” he replies. “Did I ever ask you who you bring there and why?”

“No you didn’t but..”

“That’s it then. I think you got your reply, Pet” he doesn’t let me argue. “Is there anything else you wish to speak to your husband apart from Devki estate?”

Now he is pissing me off.

“Nope” I snap. “If you don’t want to speak about Devki Estate matters to me, I don’t want to speak anything to you either”

“Perfect” he sighs. “Saves my time. Got to go Pet. Bye”

And that’s it. The call disconnects. I look blankly at my cellphone before dropping it back on the desk. I had not expected Arnav to behave so cold. He is sending people tomorrow to Devki Estate, I am unaware why but that’s fine. I will handle this situation myself. If he thinks I will never know what he is plotting at my back, he is wrong. I am the one who has saved this Estate and worked for its benefit all these years. I won’t let it all go waste. I am about to make a few calls when a message beeps on my phone. It’s Shyam Jha’s message with contents sure enough to keep me intrigued.

**************

Next Day

Arnav’s POV


I was rude to Khushi yesterday, I agree. Poor woman. She had called me to speak about my action plans on Devki Estate and instead of assuring her she need not worry, I mocked at her to mind her own business and not interfere in mine. I deserve to apologize!! Excuse me? Did I say Apologize? I lean back on my Office chair thinking hard where did that thought come from? I have never apologized to anyone.. not even to my school teachers, college professors, business associates or to my parents. Not that I haven’t made any mistakes so far. I am a human after all and making mistakes is human tendency. But I don’t apologize to people, I cover up. Then why the hell did I think of apologizing to my wife for being rude to her?


Without going into the depth of this subject, I pick my phone and do a video call on Pet’s number. After a few rings, the call connects but I am not happy. It’s not Khushi I see as the video connects; it is Shyam Jha.


“Hello Arnav Singh Raizada” he grins and my nose instantly flares.

“Where is Khushi?” I ask looking behind Shyam to take a check on the place he is in. It looks like a café to me. What is Shyam doing with Khushi’s phone in a Café shop?

“Khushi is in the washroom. Must come back any moment. Why don’t you speak to me instead? I can convey your message to her”

“Where the hell is my wife?” I stand up, making my mind to fly back to India and break this man’s jaw if he has been flirting with my wife at my back.

“Arnav?” I hear Khushi’s voice and the next instance I see her snatching the phone from Shyam and speaking to me. “Why did you do a video call?”

“What are you doing with your Ex Fiancee?” I glare at her but she is as cool as ice.

“You are forgetting he is my friend too”

“Was” I argue.

“Well, yes. He was. If that makes you happy” Khushi shrugs.

I take a moment to give her a thorough glance. I might have left her back in India but she hasn’t stopped dressing up like a newlywed bride. There is Sindoor on her forehead, Mangalsutra around her neck and she is wearing a dark maroon Salwar which I presume is designed by her. My fingers curl around the handset, wishing I could just touch her. How long have I been married to this woman? Hardly two weeks and yet.. yet I cannot get enough of her..

“Go back home” I command.

“I will go home after I finish my talk with Shyam”

“Khushi” I control myself from shouting. “I said go back home”

“Stop acting like a dominant husband Laad Governor. I know why I am here for and don’t worry, I am not here to conspire against you. So please stop dictating me what I need to do and whom I should not meet. Will call you later. Bye” 

She disconnects the call, bruising my big fat ego once again.


****************

Khushi’s POV


I drop the call and focus back on Shyam whom I am here to meet.

“Thanks for coming” Shyam smiles but I don’t smile back at him. He has troubled me enough by his messages last week and I am here to end it all.

“What do you know about Devki Estate Project?” I come to the point. Last night, Shyam messaged me saying he knows whom Arnav is sending tomorrow at Devki Estate and why? Since Arnav denied giving me details, I decided to get those from Shyam.

“What’s the hurry? Let’s have a coffee first”

“I am not here to spend time with you Shyam. I am here for answers. Give me those or else I am leaving”

“Uff” He grins cheekily. “Nothing has really changed in you. You are still the same short-tempered Khushi I have known so far.. except all these fake signs of marriage you are wearing on your body”


Now I am pissed.

“They are not fake. I have married Arnav Singh Raizada”

“Wrong. That’s not called marriage. It’s a Contract. You married him so that he leaves the ownership of that property. But poor you.. I don’t think that’s exactly what has happened. He didn’t leave the Ownership, did he?”


I am surprised how he got to know this. Maybe he guessed. He was always too good at guessing. I don’t let his words affect me.

“Is that why you called me here? To gloat over my loss?”

Shyam nods in denial and tries to hold my hand over the table but I shrug him off.

“I thought we are still friends if not anything else..” he teases.

“I am done here”

I am about to get up when he talks.

“Okay, let me come to the point. ASR is building something on that land. That’s why he has called people for measurements tomorrow. I have heard they are soon going to let their real-estate partner takeover that place”

Words choke in my mouth. I don’t want to believe all this but Shyam has proofs. He shows me the photographs of Arnav shaking hands with some people.

“These are the best real-estate agents and builders of this town. They have constructed townships in metro cities. These pictures were clicked just on the day of your marriage. What is Arnav doing with them? Don’t you think something is fishy?” he explains.


I swallow the painful knot formed in my throat recalling Arnav wasn’t in Sheesh Mahal on the day of our wedding. That’s because I had revealed to him that I wouldn’t travel to US with him and his family, leaving Daadi alone here at this place. Is that why he shook hands with these people here and walking on his father’s footsteps? I know Ayush Singh Raizada wants to run his business on that land, but I had little hopes that Arnav wouldn’t shatter Daadi’s dreams like this. I was wrong.

**************

Arnav’s POV


I am home!! At my penthouse in US where I stay with my parents from last decade. This used to be my only place of solace but ever since I am back from India, I haven’t found peace anywhere, neither at work.. nor at home. Friends, relatives and business associates haven’t stopped pouring their wishes for my wedding and each one of them wants to know about my wife.. about Khushi. And every time her name pops up, I am lost in my own world. The last month which I spent in India, surprisingly has been the best so far. I have never enjoyed and missed being there like I do now. The moments I have spent with Daadi and Pet there will always remain in my heart.

“Arnav..” Mom enters my bedroom. She is dressed up for a party. “You are late. Didn’t I tell you we have a party tonight?”

“I am not going anywhere” I loosen my tie.

“Don’t say that” she frowns. “Mr. and Mrs. Patel will feel bad. And I don’t need to tell you what Naina would do if you don’t show up at her party”

Naina!! Yes. She is going to give me a hard time but I can handle her.

“I will call Naina, don’t worry about her”

I make my way to the Shower hoping Mom will leave but she doesn’t. She follows me inside the bathroom.


“Naina and her parents have thrown this party for you. Don’t you think they deserve your presence?”


They do. I know. But that still doesn’t change my decision of not going to the party. I start stripping my clothes only to earn a groan from her but before she can say anything, my phone rings. I don’t delay answering that call which surprisingly happens to be of my wife and since I am desperate for a shower, I put her on speaker.

“What do you think you are doing?” Khushi’s harsh tone reminds me she must have been to Devki Estate yesterday and seen my men taking measurements of that place.

“Right now, I am stripping” I reply shamelessly and a quick silence spreads between us over the call.

“Of course. It’s night there, right? You are with a woman, I am sure”

I turn to my Mom who is as shocked as I am at the moment on Khushi’s accusations.

“That’s right” I reply. “I am with a woman who is watching me strip, standing few feet away from me”


Before Khushi can frame that picture in her mind, my mother shouts.


“Stop giving false impressions to your wife Arnav. You have no idea when she takes them seriously. Indian women are very possessive about their husbands”


I agree to Mom. Indian women are something!! And since I am married to one, I can’t wait to measure her limits. Mom throws me another quick glance. “Me and your Dad will wait for you at the party, do come”

“I am not coming” I declare again but she walks out without bothering to listen.

I don’t pay attention to her either as the subject of my interest is still over the call, waiting for me to speak to her.

“We can do a quick Video call” I insist to Khushi who snaps the very next moment.

“I have no interest in seeing you strip. Do that before other women, not me”

Other women? Huh!! Did she really mean it? I don’t think so. No wife will like her husband do that with other women however rough their marriage is. I might have lived here in a foreign country, adapted western culture and what not but ever since I have visited India again this time, I have changed my views on lifestyle. I am a married man now and the only woman whom I would like to see me stripping is my wife.. My Pet.. who is on call with me at this moment. Wish she was practically present here..!!

“What measurements were your men taking at Devki Estate?” Khushi’s question breaks my stance.

“You should have asked them”

“I did” she shouts. “And you know what they said? They told me they have strict orders not to reveal anything to anyone until the project begins”

A smile breaks on my lips as I turn on the Shower. That’s right.

“Really? Whose orders?” I tease purposely to get her reaction.

“ASR’s orders.. Your orders Dammit”

Dammit?? Did she just use that word on me? Damn!! My eyes shut on their own as the warm water slides on my back.

“Arnav, what is happening here? I need to know what you are doing at Devki Estate. We are co-owners of this Estate which means you can’t hide such important decisions from me”

“And what about you Khushi? Being my wife, you should have shown the curtesy of informing me before going on a Coffee Date with your Ex-Fiancee, which you didn’t”

“It wasn’t a date. I met him because he knew the secrets you denied telling me” she argues.

Now I am intrigued. Secrets? Does she mean the ones related to my Project work at Devki Estate?


“Had you told me what your plans are, I wouldn’t have to go see that man again. I don’t like him either Arnav. So, give your wicked brain a break and tell me the truth. What are you building on Devki Estate”

So, she got a clue that I am building something there. Good! Let me see how soon she finds out what exactly that building will be used for. I am not going to tell her anything because I know she is pretty smart to find it out on her own soon. And the day she does, I would love to see her reactions.


To be Continued.


___________________________________________________________________________________

Buy your favorite eBooks @ INR 79 Only - OFFER LIMITED 


BUY PDF by PAYPAL

International Readers can BUY PDF by CARD HERE


It wasn’t that he was in LOVE with Actress Kashish Kapoor. In fact, he didn’t even believe in Love. He and Kashish had met face to face just once when Kashish was shooting for her movie in Mauritius. The media linked them together seeing them in one Hotel Room which was just by Mistake. The same room numbers were mistakenly communicated to both of them and hence they ended up in the same room together, giving the media a much needed gossip.  Kashish tried to clear off this rumor but Arjun always remained "SILENT" and this silence gave a way to the Media and Kashish Kapoor's Fans to think there was something brewing up between them.

____________________________________________________________________________


The moment he reached the gates of Raj Mahal, he was also totally drenched in the rain. He saw a girl whose face was hidden by her hair, lying unconscious on the wet land. Maakhan was about to touch that girl to get her inside, but before that Shravan himself kneeled on the ground, held the girls hand and pulled her on his lap.

____________________________________________________________________________


Crumpling the letter in the worst way possible, he slid down the glass pane of his car and threw the Letter out. He was hurt from inside. It’s said that hunting an Injured Lion is the most difficult task on earth. So was his case today. He was already injured enough for his enemies to hunt him down and clear their way. It was now his turn to show what it meant to Hurt him. His phone rang and he answered it checking the Caller Id. 


“Positive or Negative??” he asked roughly. 

“Positive. He has a Sister. In Mussourie” 

“Track her. I need her before my Sight within a day” he commanded.

____________________________________________________________________________


Sneak Peek from Mr and Mrs Sehgal 

“What is wrong with you?” she snapped. “Why did you come here?” 

“Why not?” he shrugged.

She understood nothing.

“You should have been at work, attending meetings and conferences.”

“And you should have been home taking rest” he argued.

“I am done resting”

“And I am done working”

“Impossible”

“I made it possible”

____________________________________________________________________________


Sneak Peek from Mr and Mrs Thakur

“Aww. Your family truly looks complete” he mumbled putting the phone back on the table, but leaving the screen unlocked for Neil to see. 
Neil’s gaze fell on the picture. It was his father’s social media profile where he usually updated his personal pictures with his wife and now since Esha was part of their family, his father posted a picture with both his wife at one side and Esha at the other. The caption was way too interesting than the picture. 

‘With my love and my son’s arranged love’ 

Neil’s eyes were glued on the picture. His father was in his usual tuxedo, looked at least 5 years younger than he was. His mother was in a bottle green Gown, holding his father’s arm and Esha.. she was in an off-shoulder lavender dress hugging her curves like the dress was made just for her. Esha’s long black hair had curled loosely at the ends and they covered most of her creamy shoulders. The smile on her face came naturally and she looked happy posing with her in-laws. This was new!! Seemed like she was bonding well with his parents. Either she was a charmer or his parents were too kind hearted and guilty to shower so much affection on their daughter-in-law to cover up their fault of getting her married to their not-so-interested-in-marriage son. Nevertheless, the picture was ecstatic. 

“I should comment on it” Jatin snatched the phone from Neil who was still speechless. Words formed in his throat but he couldn’t articulate what he felt seeing that picture. He knew one thing for sure… this woman… Esha.. was not going to leave his side anytime soon. She was here to save her falling company, much to his dismay. But what shocked him was that his heart showed no signs of pushing her out either these days. As if it was slowly getting accustomed to this new entry in his life.

34 comments:

  1. Awesome Update. Arnav is fulfilling Daadi's dream maybe. Khushi is framing a negative image of Arnav. Arnav cares for Daadi's sentiment and won't do anything to hurt her. How Shyam got to know about the ownership. He wants to create problem between Arshi. Thanks for the Update😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. I m sure he is fulfilling daadi's dream..khushi's share of love will bloom when she will get to know this and here i cant w8 to read and Imagine that scene...love u madhu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arnav has changed so much and maybe he is doing something for Daadi. Arnav only loves Khushi and wants her. Khushi here always think wrong. Arnav's mom is still enjoying parties and all. But liked the way she scolded Arnav and talked about Indian women's sentiment. Arnav is not like his dad . He values emotions. Khushi is his world. Khushi must trust Arnav . Shyam successfully created a rift between Arshi. And didn't like the way he mocked Arshi's marriage. How Shyam got to know that Arnav didn't leave the ownership. Arnav is extremely possesive and passionate about Khushi. Khushi was rude to Arnav and bruised Arnav's ego. Khushi don't understand Arnav here but gets jealous by Arnav's closeness with Naina. Loved the way Arnav called Khushi his future. Now will Khushi find out what Arnav is going to do and after this their relationship will take a new turn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To be honest I liked the way Khushi talked to Arnav.. I know she was rude.. but I guess Arnav wasn't sweet either the first time she called him.. idk why but I don't like Arnavs attitude since he has been back to US.. and if he is so good and is willing to build dadis dream then he should let Khushi know instead of keeping her guessing.. this way he is just creating confusion and distance between their relationship..

    Ps.. I'm already Hating this Naina chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. Even I am not liking Arnav's attitude after he returned to US. He keeping Khushi guessing regarding the estate, keeping her in a loop regarding Naina (I am disliking this girl now) and also needlessly provoking her is not impressive. As it is they are staying afar. These will add to more misunderstandings.

      Delete
  5. Eagerly waiting for this Naina chapter to unfold and see how arnav handles her...
    Love todays update

    ReplyDelete
  6. ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️
    Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  7. Arshi has a long way to go before they start to love each other. Arnav is hiding about naina not a good thing. He didn’t tell anything about her to khushi and he is so cool about it. I don’t like it. He is the one who has feelings for khushi. But he still doesn’t care about naina still been a part of his life.
    And Arnavs mom. Indian women? Isn’t she an Indian? Just because she is living in USA she is not an American. I don’t like her attitude.
    Waiting for the next chapter! I’m sure arnav is not his dad and fulfilling daadis wish. May be he wants to surprise khushi and daadi!! Nice update sis! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved it... Khushi and Arnav both are stubborn... Let's see what's interesting is going to happen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice update....I expect khushi to be bit civilized to Arnav. If she thinks Arnav is selfish then she is more than selfish than him. Let's see how everything unfolds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Arnav hiding about Naina and Devaki estate. It's not good, he is taking khushi feelings light and shyam playing his card bcz of arnav's carelessness. Hope arnav get searious after knowing about shyam.
    Both arshi taking thing lightely. They need to understand what's their action do damage to their partner. Specially arnav.

    Waiting for next update dear. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful update, loved Arshi stubbornness. Feel Arnav is with Kushi in fulfilling daadi's dream

    ReplyDelete
  12. Arnav's playful attitude towards serious matters & Khushi's distrust on him is just widening the gap between them, giving a chance to people like Shyam & maybe Naina, too, to take advantage of such situation for their selfish motives...

    Arnav is definitely planning to build old age home on Devki Estate as per his dadi's wish... Just hope his secret agenda won't put Khushi's life at jeopardy in any way...

    Arnav can meet his ex, Naina, whenever he wants & she can even receive Arnav's calls on his mobiles but the hypocrite he is, can't tolerate Khushi meeting her ex-fiance, Shyam, who was her friend, too, once... Hypocrisy at it's best... No matter whether u belong to Indian culture or Western, men will be men... Bloody hypocrites...

    Thanks for the update, Madhu..

    Love
    Kavita Wadnerkar ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  13. Madhu darling when you will update yaadein 😥😥😥😥😥😥😥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Superb update. I think arnav is building something related to fulfil his dadi and khushi's dreams. Hope we get to know the secret soon. And hope the long distance relationship becomes fruitful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The way arnav is hiding about devki estate matters from khushi it will create many complications in their relationship by the time she will come to know his real intentions. He wants khushi to have feelings for him but still behaving like this with her. He always gets hurt when khushi talk about only devki estate but he needs to understand that was the only reason for her to marry him. If he wants her to accept him as her husband in usual way then he should show her what all he is actually doing for her and dadi's dream. If he is going to wait for her to find on her own it will unnecessary extend the drama in his married life. This miscommunication between them is going to help naina and shyam very much in creating problems. I am already having bad feelings about it. Naina and arnav had a past together yet she is giving party for his wedding something is definitely not right.I am sure arnav's mom is going to somehow help naina in this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree.. Arnav is acting totally childish by hiding his plan for so long.. I don't think he is even in love with Khushi.. he is just infatuated. I think Khushi deserves better.. I always love Arnav in all the FF and I did here too initially but now he is getting on my nervous.. no offense to any reader but this is my opinion

      Delete
  16. Fabulous wonderful update dear

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't y, but im not able to see arnav's so called luv for khushi till now. His reactions, feelings, thoughts, actions n views only indicate one thng tht he is OBSESSED wd khushi, lyk how any man wd no string attach agenda do, All men who goes sleeping around behaves d same way whn thy see an typically pure indian girl wd morals, protected dignity n all. Obviously asr will say " u r my only future" after having all d fun already, how easy it is for men to say" it was in d past" or "i had history wd her" i mean no shame not even hesitation but wants to hv untouched girls all by themselves wd no regrets. He claims to hv feelings for khushi n all but never think before hurting her, keeping her hanging, restless, edge and worried tht too regarding to d most imp matter of her life n person, is this his love! And khushi is another thing, she herself don't know wt she wants from her marriage, sometime getting or letting her husband be physical without any thought, so easily and then behaving like nothing happened or matters, i wonder was she so casual wd her ex-finance too!There she was behaving"touch ne not" im sure of it coz khushi lost all her self-esteem, respect, determination n strength infront of asr only. Its still absurd for me to think how she manages everything till now alone when she can't handle 1 person or 1 issue. I thought ppl lyk khushi become strong, independent and capable enough to handle everything alone by living alone all there lives, im talking from my life experience. Khushi is not wrong with asr but with herself, both asr and khushi need to sort there minds and hearts first before imposing and expecting from other but whatever it is girls like khushi don't deserves a man like asr. Well these all for the characters only and for the writer, You are a greatttttttt madhu. All the best for your come back. Plz soon finish yaddien.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a sweet husband wish we could get like him. Hes fulfilling khushis and dadis wish. Am sure khushi will love arnuv a lot now

    ReplyDelete
  19. The story is so intense and damn unpredictable...just hooked up...ASR is not going to hurt dadi at any cost definitely he is going to build Dadi's dream by making khushi mad at him for keeping out the information

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful update.. waiting Naina's story to unfold..

    ReplyDelete
  21. Story is interesting.. But I think Naina will create problems

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like Arnav is fulfilling Dadi’s wish. Khushi going to be surprised. Awesome update

    ReplyDelete
  23. It seems he is full filing his dadi’s dream. Very unpredictable story.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hope khushi stop her stupidity and for once just trust arnav.Is necessary for her to always start fighting with him

    ReplyDelete
  25. Arnav will never hurt his Daadi. Shyam is a trouble maker. Naina I think is going to interfere in their lives. Superb updates Madhu

    ReplyDelete
  26. Good to see update after long time.. Arnav bhi na.. he wants to surprise his wifey dear.. good.. Arnav's mother is sweet too.. she doesn't want any tensions in her son's married life that's why she lets Khushi know about her presence and her chiding Arnav and letting him know that wife's are possessive for their husbands.. amazing update.. loved it.. Thank Madhu <3

    ReplyDelete
  27. Good.to.see you are back..

    Loved the update.. why cant arnav toned down with khushi and tell her exactly what he is building..

    Both are head on

    ReplyDelete