Like the Page

Total Pageviews

DO YOU FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM? PLEASE DO GUYS :)

The Pursuit (A Spy Romance)

One Hellish Desire

SEARCH FICTIONS ON THIS BLOG

NEW Swoony Romance on my Premium Content

Rise of the Devil - Part 34

 



PREVIOUS PART 


Chapter 34



Arnav’s POV


I don’t know how long we have stayed like this.. On the couch, with Khushi hugging me. For a few minutes she keeps blabbering something about me… about her and romance. It’s all different to hear so I keep playing with her hair instead. But soon when I don’t hear her speak for long, I bend down my head only to find her sleeping. The Wine!! It took her down. Carefully, shutting off the romantic music playing in the background, I carry Khushi in my arms and take her to our bed. She wriggles when I place her on the cold sheets and keeps fisting my Shirt so tight.


“I am not going anywhere,” I whisper kissing the top of her head and slowly pull out my shirt from her fist.


She takes a sharp breath and then turns around to sleep comfortably while I pull the duvet to cover her up. Stepping behind, I admire Khushi.. my wife.. my devil queen sleeping so peacefully in my den. This is what I want to give her.. Peace!! Jaipal’s threats scare me. I cannot even imagine he reaching Khushi or even plotting to take her away from me. I have to be vigilant. My Queen is not going to be off my sight even for a second, I will ensure that. I have to!!!


*****************


Khushi’s POV



The throbbing ache in my head wakes me up and I immediately groan in displeasure when I don’t find Devil beside me. But obviously, the state of the room, reminds me I had given this place a feel of romance last night and I slowly recall how me and Devil enjoyed the Red Wine on the little sofa. Probably I had dozed off too soon and he put me to bed. How Cute!! Wish that Swetlana had seen us like that. She would have burned in jealousy. The door opens and the man who has haunted my days and nights, gets inside holding a Mug.


Arnav is in his usual avatar. Dark blue Jeans, Black full-sleeved shirt nicely tucked in with top two buttons undone and his sleeves rolled high till his elbows. I don’t miss to see the gun holster around his waist with a loaded but locked gun in it. I love seeing him in this typical devilish form – a deep frown marred on his face and no smile. Sexy as hell!!


“Drink” he says, passing me the Coffee mug.

“I don’t like Black Coffee.” I make a face.

“That’s for your headache. It will ease after you drink it and take these tablets.”


How sensible. He has got the cure of my hangover.


“Thank you.” I sip the coffee. It isn’t very bad. “You made it?”


He nods opening the thick curtains, letting the light inside.


“It’s 09:00 already. I want you out at 10:00. We are starting your self-defense training from today.”

“Done, Sir” I shout happily.


The door knocks and I hate the intrusion already. But Arnav asks whoever this person is, to get inside. It’s a woman! Tall, muscular and in a black attire completely. She has braided her hair and then rolled it into a hair bun behind. Wow!! Who is she?


“That’s Kate” Devil introduces. “You personal bodyguard”


My jaw hits the floor.


“She is going to be your shadow 24/7, even in my presence and absence. No discussions over this.”


Oh! He knew I would like to discuss it but well… he has made his decision already.


“Hello Ma’am. I will wait for you outside your room. Once you finish, we can head to the lawn for your self-defense training.” Kate adds.


I blankly nod and turn to Arnav who is watching me, as if to read my reactions.

“Umm.. is she going to train me? Not you?”

Arnav nods.

Heck No! I want him to train me. Not this woman.

“Well,” I get down the bed and put the mug aside. “In that case, I might like to have a discussion with you and please don’t deny.”


Arnav cranes his head at one side, watching me intently and when he realizes I am not going to nudge from here until we are on the same page, he gestures Kate to walk out.


“I want you to train me, Devil. Not some skilled artist”

“She is the best we have and she is just not going to train you but protect you too. It’s better you build some rapport with her.”


I am angry. Striding to him, I clutch his Shirt collar. He isn’t bothered of it and keeps staring at my face.


“What about our relationship building? You promised me to share your secrets.. What about that?”

“I will..” He holds my wrists and curls his fingers to grip them strongly. “For now, your safety is more important than learning those secrets.”

“Until I know what I have to protect myself from, I won’t take the training seriously Devil. Is there a threat to my life? I mean, I know there always is but it’s different this time. You or dad have never gone this far. Self-defense training and now this personal bodyguard. What is all this?”


Devil inhales sharply which just confirms there is a threat.


“Who is it? Jaipal?” I ask further and he gives me a pained look.

“Yes. To start with. It’s him. And there will be many more if I don’t stop them soon. That’s my mission Khushi. To kill these people before they kill our country.”


I swallow painfully. His mission sounds scary because it involves Devil risking his life at every step. Arnav leaves my wrists and cups my face.


“Just follow my orders without any ifs and buts if you want to lessen my burden. I have a lot to take care of and with you ignoring or debating over my orders will slow me down. I hope you know what I mean?”


I sigh disappointedly but with a positive nod.


“Okay, I will follow you blindly if that gives you some peace of mind..”


He smiles at my reply and places a quick peck on my forehead. I lean onto his hardened body. He is mine!! Mine to love… Mine to hold and Mine to protect. I really want to protect him the way he protects me with all his heart. There is another knock at our door which forces us to pull away. It’s Kate again.


“Sir, Ma’am’s father is here. Wants to see you both.”

“We’ll be there in a minute.”


Kate nods and walks out.


“Finish your coffee, take those medicines and come down. I will check why your father is here.”

“Okay”


I stroke his chin before returning to the bedside table where I had placed my Coffee mug. It’s going to a long day ahead and I have to begin with my training first. That Jaipal must have threatened Devil to snatch me from him but I am not going to disappoint my husband. I will protect myself and learn everything he wants to and be safe!!


*****************

Arnav’s POV


Shashi Gupta is here and he seems very nervous and disturbed. I reach the living room of my Villa and take a seat.


“What’s wrong? You look disturbed.”

“Jaipal had called me.. just. Just few minutes ago..”


My fingers fist angrily. He could reach my father-in-law over phone? How? Our numbers aren’t leaked to anyone. We never use direct numbers to talk to the Dark world people.


“What did he say?”

“He knows I am a Spy… and he thinks Khushi too is a spy like me. He has challenged me Arnav. That he will take away Khushi. He.. he said he will hurt her and…”

I grip his arm.

“He won’t” I assure him despite my body sickened by Jaipal’s threatening. “Everything is under control. We will find him before he even plots anything against us.”

“How? All our efforts are in vain. We don’t know where he is operating from currently. Who is involved in hiding him? This is not something we should take lightly. This is all your fault! We should have let Khushi go to Denmark.”

“You think he wouldn’t have found her there? Do you think we could protect her if he had followed her to Denmark?” I groan. “No. Khushi next to me is safer than anywhere else on this earth and I will make sure that’s never going to change.”


Shashiji’s nervousness eases.


“The point is how does he know you are a Spy?”


“WHAT? Dad is a Spy??” Khushi screams in joy as she makes her way down. She heard us!! Damn!!! We should have taken this conversation somewhere else. Not here, when Khushi can poke us anytime. “Dad? You are a spy too? Like Devil?”


Khushi jumps happily as she reaches us. Both me and Shashi Gupta glance at each other and nod together at her.

“Yes, that’s true.” Shashiji replies.

“OMG” She hugs her father and jumps in his arms, happily. “You are not a bad man? You are a good man?” she asks pulling away.


I have never seen Khushi so happy and looks like knowing her father isn’t a bad guy either, has brought that joy on her face.


“And you knew this all time?” Khushi turns to me and I am clueless what to reply. Hiding it isn’t right anymore so I nod.

“Yes” I say and she punches on my chest. “WHAT THE”

“Don’t what The me!! You could have told me when you told me your little secret. I didn’t know Dad is aware you are a Spy and that he too was one of them.. And wait… does Buaji know about you two?”

“Yes, she knows.” Shashiji replies. “That’s why she is in this house or else she would never agree to come and stay with me if she thought I was a real Mafia.”


Khushi giggles.

“How could you all not tell me? I am so angry on you all.”

“Khushi..” I interrupt. “We didn’t trust you with this secret.”

My straightforward reply kills the smile from her face.


“I wouldn’t have trusted anyone with that kind of secret either. But why didn’t you tell me this after sharing your real identity with me? I had rights to know Arnav. I’m so mad at you for not sharing.”


Kate is around and I gesture her to take Khushi for the training. Khushi understands I want her to start with it so despite being angry, she doesn’t deny. She kisses her father’s cheeks.


“I am going to come for a stayover tonight. Is that okay with you?”


Stayover? What the hell!! I want to reject that idea immediately but Shashi Gupta nods happily.

“Sure. That’s your home. You can come there any time.”

“Thank you, Dad.”


She hugs him again and then rushes out with Kate. I keep staring at her until she is out of the Villa. Shashi Gupta pats my arm.


“That’s her trait,” he says to bring back my attention on him.

“What… what do you mean?” I ask.

“When she wants to punish someone, she ignores him.”


I don’t understand fully so Shashiji continues to explain.


“When Khushi was 7, I forgot her birthday so she decided to punish me. The whole week, she didn’t speak to me and didn’t even show her face. So, tonight she has planned the same with you, I guess.”


Has she? I clench my jaw. If Khushi thinks she can ignore me, she doesn’t know me yet. Challenging my wife mentally, I take a seat again to continue my discussion with Shashi Gupta. Now that Jaipal has openly threatened him too and also because Jaipal knows Shashi Gupta is a Spy too, a much senior in my case and the one who mentored me when I was clueless what would I do with my life, I don’t think its right to leave Jaipal alive for long. That man has to die! And I will make sure he will.. Soon!!


To be Continued.



Connect me on Instagram 
Connect me on Twitter

_______________________________________________________________


Have you checked out the new Video Trailer of the upcoming book - Back to You? 

Know Rajveer Chopra and Ananya Mathur's thoughts about each other. 

Book releasing in August 2021

VIDEO TRAILER - BACK TO YOU

23 comments:

  1. Awesome Update. So along with Arnav Shashi Gupta is also a spy. Khushi is now going to stay with her dad to punish Arnav. But Arnav will surely find a way to stop her. Hope Jaipal's chapter ends soon. Thanks for the Update😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness!! even Shashi Gupta is a spy & buaji knows all of it... That's damn awesome 👌 I loved the twist, Madhu ❤️

    So after the inauguration of her self defence training, Mrs Devil is gonna go hard on her Mr Devil by ignoring him 😁 but Arnav is also one of a kind who wouldn't let his queen succeed in her plans... Now we just have to see what & how he does to appease his lady love 😍

    Loved the wonderful update, Madhu ❤️

    Love
    Kavita Wadnerkar ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Khusi is really cute. As long as Arnav is with her nothing can harm her. Khushi want to Swetlana to feel jealous. Not only Khushi we all want to see ASR in such sexy form. Arnav did the right thing by appointing a guard and making Khushi learn self defence. He wants her safety. Hope he share his past too with Khushi. Khushi understood the importance of Arnav's mission. Khushi's feelings for Arnav are beautiful and she agreed to learn self defence. Jaipal want to hurt Khushi knowing both Shashi Gupta and Arnav are spy. Khushi is their weakness. Now Khushi knows about her dad's professions too. Love the way Arnav said Khushi is safe with him only. For hiding the truth Khushi want to punish Arnav by staying with her dad. Arnav won't let that happen for sure. Let's see how Arnav stop Khushi. Beautiful Update worth waiting for 😘😍

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me speechless with your updates. This story is thrilling and interesting so much that keep on guessing what will happen next.
    But I really wanted arnav to train khushi for self defense 😁😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woahh this story is getting interesting dayy by dayy.. khushi s vryy sweet n innocent here..gladdd to know dt shashi is also a spyy.. waiting to see what happens next❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Shashi and Arnav are together in this mission...good! But who is helping Jaipal if it's not Sehgal? can't link any dots...this punishment of khushi will make their relationship more spicy 😄 very excited for next part

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well well what to write I'm out of words, this is becoming so interesting I cannot explain. Arnav and Khushi's relationship the way they are exploring each other's is marvelous and the stroyyyyyy how is unrevealing is unimaginable. Sometimes I'm laughing on my own thoughts about Devil and Shashi Gupta but now it is getting more and more intense n cute as well
    As always loved it 💕💕💕
    Biya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome….along with Arnav Shashi Gupta is in the same line…Spy. But really question is who is giving this information to Jaipal. Hope they finds out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this story khushi loves to play mind games

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing…
    This story has became my favourite one Madhu Di..
    I am loving it to bits

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful update dear, The way Arnav admired khushi when sleeping aweaome. Kate going to train khushi, i think khushi going to surprise arnav very soon by her self defense talent. Shashi also spy? That's unexpected. But glad shashi not bad.
    Hope khushi succeed in her punishment for arnav, i want to see arnav trying many way to see khushi...
    Waiting for next update dear

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous update. But finish reading it too soon 🙄 it’s too interesting.
    Like the way Khushi thinks maturely when it’s necessary. Hmmm punishment for Arnav. Going to be interesting what Khushi going to do.

    It would be great to have another update of this Madhu 🥰 Thank you ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous wonderful update dear

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved it... Khushi ignored Arnav... Wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  15. After reading last two updates I was worried that Shashi might be a bad person and might be helping Jaipal. Otherwise how could he hide so well? I’m glad that he isn’t. Story is getting interesting. There is thrilling storyline with romance!! Thank you for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Here khushi was all along, all of her life, was in pain and hurt by thinking her father to be a mafia man which indirectly or directly has affected her life so much and in so many ways, in so many aspects, but what was the result of all of this! That actually her misery was unnecessary and unrequired. I can't imagine what one must have felt when your loved ones, someone whom you spent your life with, whom you have feelings for, you are working to build a strong relationship and looking forward to having a life together and gets the reciprocation too. But. At the end of the day, To have them say, they didn't and don't trust you enough with their one secret or secrets ... Its must be painful and awful feeling. How can it be justified and understandable that everyone wants the one person to understand them all but no ones wants to try to understand that one person. And then say they don't think her deserving enough to know her family reality and identity. To know who she is, who and what her family is.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great update.. but i think Khushi needs to get a little serious instead of being so childish at times.. I know that she's bubbly and cute but when things get serious she needs to be a little more on the rational mind.

    ReplyDelete
  18. If Buaji already knew about Arnav reality then Why was she behaving as if Arnav was a Real mafia and She keep warning Khushi to stay away from him...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am having doubts on buaji does she want to revenge arnav and for what you married for arnav only not for his father who didn't treat you like his wife

    ReplyDelete