Like the Page

Total Pageviews

DO YOU FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM? PLEASE DO GUYS :)

Teaser 8 - No One Like You

SEARCH FICTIONS ON THIS BLOG

FREE ON AMAZON PRIME READING

Bride of Sheesh Mahal - Season 3 - Part 1A



(BANNER WILL COME SOON) 



PREVIOUS PART 


Chapter 1A



Arnav’s POV


December is the coldest month in Delhi I have heard and it’s proved today. Despite wearing a leather jacket, the cold breeze prickles my skin and then this effing car. This had to get punctured now? In the middle of this crazy deserted road where I hardly find any vehicle to take lift from? This is all my fault. Had I not woken up late, my family wouldn’t have left me alone behind. Just yesterday we all landed in India and me along with my cousins decided to booze. We really had spent time discussing about each other’s lives and what all we missed knowing about each other since we last met. Obviously, none of us slept on time and me despite being the eldest to all, forgot to keep the morning alarm. When I woke up, it was quarter to 8:00 and my grandmother just left a note in my room stating she hadn’t expected this from me. Fine!! I accept my fault. So, despite such a bad hangover, I got showered and dressed up in one hour and left the hotel to reach the temple on time where this Maha Puja is organized. I don’t remember much of it as I was hardly available here when they did it in the last decade. But this time I simply couldn’t skip it. They knew I had loads of meetings to attend yet they pressurized me to be here because of one more reason. They want me to marry!! And that woman has to be a traditional Indian woman. No wonder my twin sister Anjali, asked me if I had any girlfriend already whom I wanted to make my life partner and when I denied having any woman like that, she told the same to everyone in the family who later decided to pick my bride. Wow!! Just WOW!! I so hate this trip already.
 

Kicking the flat tyre of the vehicle, I turn around only to be scared to death seeing a woman in a black dress, with hair messy and covering her face, holding a lantern even in daylight and a lemon in her other fist, circling it before me.


“What the..” I scowl, taking a step behind. “Shooo” I shout further. This is not how I like to treat women but this one here is surely scaring me. I have never seen a woman as scary as her.

“Don’t look in her eyes”


An unknown soft voice of another woman stills me. I can’t see her as she’s behind me but I can say that voice is damn charming. She chants some mantras which I can only hear because she’s still not beside me neither I turn. The moment these mantras hit this other woman’s ears she cries aloud and runs far away from us. Thank God but what the hell was that? I finally turn to thank the person who became my savior from this incident. With deep dove eyes, highlighting cheekbones, soft milky skin and a charm which can bring even a dead man to life, she was breathtakingly beautiful.


“Aap theek ho?” (You alright?)


She keeps something back in her sling bag and then dusts her palms. With my tongue freeze and mouth hanging open, I can hardly communicate my normalcy but I nod. I nod at her while she sweeps her gaze on my punctured car.


“So, this is why you are out here? I can give you a ride. Where do you want to go?”


She can give me a ride? Not that I mind. But I don’t see she having a car. I scan the surrounding and see a tiny scooter parked behind my car. Is that her ride?


“I know it’s not your comfort type but it will help you reach your destination.”


She gets back to her scooter and kicks it. Once, twice, thrice and it finally starts.


“Are you sure?” My voice is back and so is my grin. “I mean, this thing can carry the two of us?”


She rolls her eyes, and knots the ends of her red dupatta to the side.

“I can take a triple seat too on this scooter. Asking you for the last time. Do you want a ride or not?”

“F*** yes.. I do”


I quickly grab my wallet, phone and car keys and reach her scooter.

“Wait” she stops me. “First say sorry Devi Maiyaa.”

“What?”

“You used a cuss word. That too before a Devi Maiyaa devotee. Not allowed. Say Sorry devi Maiyaa and then I can ride you from here.”


Is she serious? I gauge her expressions and she seems to be very confident about her demand.


“You are a devotee of Devi Maiyaa?” I ask.

“Arent you? We are all her children but I am special”


She gives me the brightest smile stealing my heart. wait!! I am still not going to say Sorry.


“Okay look. I don’t say sorry unnecessarily. And I didn’t use cuss word for Devi Maiyaa. That’s the way I speak.. No harsh feelings.”

“Then you need to cleanse your speech a bit. Devi Maiyaa likes people who speak clean unlike you.”

“Excuse me?”


I am losing my mind hard and fast.


“Say it or else I am leaving you alone here and I am sure that other woman wouldn’t have gone very far. She can return and..”

“Fine” I shout. I don’t want that scary woman around me again so I take up her option. “I am sorry.. Happy?”

“Say Sorry to Devi Maiyaa not me..”

“Sorry Devi Maiya..” I add again. “Whereever you are.. I am sorry can you please ask your devotee to drop me to the Maha Puja at the Oldest temple of this town?”

“Maha Puja?” Her eyes beam with joy. “You want me to drop you there? Even I am going there..”

“Lovely. Can we start now?”

“Sure.”


She moves a bit ahead to give me enough space to sit behind and I do. She accelerates the scooter and I finally begin the rest of my ride.


To be Continued


NEXT PART 


Note: Couldn’t draft more. Will post Part B tomorrow.

___________________________________________________________

Just a request to all those who have read my books, your reviews mean a lot to me. So if you have loved my books can I ask you to put your comment on  Amazon.in or Amazon.com 

And for those who keep an eye on my upcoming novel - FORBIDDEN (which is based on the same unfinished plot of Forcibly Yours- Season 2 during my India Forums times) I posted the WORK IN PROGRESS today on my Instagram account.






31 comments:

  1. Awesome Update. Arnav is really different from Khushi he drinks while Khushi is traditional and religious. Arshi's meeting was superb. Arnav is already mesmerized and hypnotized by Khushi's presence. Khushi made Arnav ask forgiveness from Devi Maiyaa. Arshi will attend the Maha Puja together. Waiting to know more about the scary woman. Thanks for the Update๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arnav is back and Arshi are very different from each other. Arnav is the eldest son and his family wants him to get married to a traditional Indian woman and Khushi perfectly fit in the picture. Anjali is Arnav's twin. Who is the scary woman her appearance itself is scary. Khushi saved Arnav from the scary woman. Arshi's meet was wonderful and Arnav is already mesmerized but Khushi is Miss touch me not and traditional. Like the way Khushi asks Arnav aap theek ho for a change. Khushi is very nice and Arnav is attracted to her in the first meeting itself. I like Khushi. Arshi together will participate in the mahapuja . Waiting for the next part and also my new boss๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible first chapter. I was waiting so long! Thanks Madhu. Question! Did he really say "shooo"? :V

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.. I hadn't expected such an arshi meet at all.. I thought Arnav might be the all obsessed over Khushi and would pounce on her like you ought to be mines first meet.. you always surprise us Madhu.. can't wait to read the next part..

    Ps: please give a long update of my new boss Tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful start to this story. I'm aboard to ride this journey of this story. Interesting premise. Impatiently waiting for the next update. Please update soon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh waow what a match!!! She is a devotee, DEVOTEE of the god like that of pandits, purely pure, righteous and religious in all senses where as he is a total, TOTAL opposite. He drinks, cusses, isn't a bit religious-don't know what more in store is Left- while she purity dripped froms her, how she gonna react towards his habits and amend them and will he really listen to her or not, is gonna be really interesting. They are Totally, in real sense poles apart.

    From this, i like this Arnav. He seems very nice, gentle and sophisticated, till know.

    Very ordinary meet, didn't expect it but glad that they had a on good notes start.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your stories are incredible but sometimes the grammatical errors in your writing makes it difficult to read. Nice update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are her teacher. Idk.. Madhu di is brilliant in writing.. Okkk

      Delete
    2. Are you serious!!!! Are you really kidding us???? Grammatical mistakes!!!!! In madhu's writing!!!!! I mean seriously. Huh, god help you man.

      Delete
  9. Please give an update of my new boss tomorrow. We are more excited for that. Cant wait a day more

    ReplyDelete
  10. Arnav clean bowled at first glance. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Their first encounter is amazing. I like it. There is no unnecessary hate between them. That’s a good start!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha I love both Arnav and Khushi first meet and conversation. Fabulous update

    ReplyDelete
  13. ArShi meet awesome,khushi saved him from that scary woman. Awww arnav say sorry to Khushi's Devimaiya. Arnav look like cool guy, hanging with cousins. Arshi started their life journey.....
    Waiting for next update dear....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super excited to know the story further

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome start. Very interesting first meeting. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That was a beautiful start of the story and this time arshi are completely different from your other stories.
    Looking forward to read next part.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a mind-blowing start of this story Madhu... already in love with it ๐Ÿ˜

    ReplyDelete
  18. Interesting wonderful starting madhu

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow!! It hooked me.. excellent Madhu

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great start.. so arshi met n khushi helped him

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful and Different start of the Storyline

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anjali cant be arnav's twin because later u stated that arnav had a twin brother who died

    ReplyDelete