Like the Page

Total Pageviews

DO YOU FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM? PLEASE DO GUYS :)

Teaser 8 - No One Like You

SEARCH FICTIONS ON THIS BLOG

FREE ON AMAZON PRIME READING

Bride of Sheesh Mahal - Season 3 - Part 11



















Chapter 11


Khushi’s POV


The next morning I am at the temple, offering my prayers to Devi Maiyaa. As usual, I speak to the Idol everything, right from how Arnav kissed my cheek and also how he wants me to speak to my friend so that I learn what I am missing to know. I am also aware that I’ll have to ask this to Payal because she is the only one who can help me understand. I turn to Gopalji, the Priest and Payal’s father to check with him where will Payal be at this hour. She always accompanies me to the temple but today I didn’t find her here yet.


“She is at the backside of the temple bitiya to pluck the flowers.”

“Oh, okay. I will go meet her.”


I offer my prayers and hurry to the backside only to be shocked seeing Arnav’s brother Akash Singh Raizada kissing the back of Payal’s wrist as they speak and the way they are standing close to each other only confirms this is not the first time they meet.

“What is going on here?” I interrupt their moment and Akash quickly drops Payal’s hand. Even Payal puts some distance between them and looks at me like she saw some ghost.

“Khushi? We… we were just .. discussing about .. your wedding”

I glare at her before turning to Akash.

“If you want to meet her, you don’t have to do it hiding from others.”


Akash looks down apologetically.


“I should leave now. Bhai is waiting for me in the office.” He looks once at Payal and then hurries out. Only when he is far away from us I turn to Payal.

“What was happening here?”

“Nothing.”

“Don’t lie to me. He was kissing your hand”

“Sshh” she hushes me and drags me aloof from the temple. “Please don’t shout. I wasn’t doing anything that is wrong. I like Akash and he likes me too.”

“How do you even know him?”

“Oh please” she sighs. “I am not as slow as you. Akash and I met in the market once and he gave me a lift. I instantly liked him and ever since then we have been seeing each other every day at the temple. He is a good man.”

“Maybe he is good. But he was kissing you.. What if..” I pause.. “what if you both do something which can make you repent later?”

“Oh Khushi.. my sweet innocent Khushi.. We know our limits and I know its too soon but this is the first time he has kissed my hand otherwise we haven’t done so before. I promise.”


I roll my eyes.

“Kissing is the first step .. There are still so many hurdles we have to cross before we end up doing more. And don’t worry, until I get my father’s blessings, I am not going to end up doing that with him.”

“Doing what?”

Payal blushes at my silly question but I am not silly, but ignorant.

“Stop teasing me and lets go. Babuji will need these flowers.”

“No wait..” I stop her. “I am really asking you this because I… you..” I stutter. “You know I am very ignorant about these things and now that I am getting married, its high time I know these things.”


Payal stares at me in disbelief. I thought she knew but seems like she too was misguided about the knowledge I have on this regard. Soon, she starts telling me everything and I feel so flushed by the time she finishes that I feel like hiding myself somewhere. Though my doubts are cleared but how will I face the man I am marrying in ten days? What if he asks me if I spoke to Payal? Will I lie that I didn’t or should I tell him I did? What will be his reactions? Hey Devi Maiyaa, why did I get into this situation?


*****************

Arnav’s POV


I am on my way to the office when I apply the break with a force as I see the same woman in that messy black attire, blocking my way. I used to be scared of her once, now I am not. I press the horn but she doesn’t move away and keeps staring at me with a grin.


“Move” I shout at her but when she doesn’t, I get down the car and shut the door. “What is the problem with you?” I scream.


She stares at me curiously as I take my steps towards her.

“Who are you?” I ask. “What do you want from me?”


She doesn’t say a word but her eyes falls on the Raksha dhaga on my wrist. The next instant she begins to laugh heartily. Her laughs annoy me because I know she is testing my patience.


“Stop laughing..” I scream and this time I clutch her arms tight to shake her a bit.

Her laughs subside but then she stares at me with even more fury.

“He is coming” she whispers.. “This can’t protect you…” she mocks and pushes me hard before running away from me.


She keeps turning around, laughing and screaming the same phrase until I don’t see her anymore.


He is coming.


Who is coming? What is she talking about? I stare at her and the deserted road for long thinking if she is hinting at something but then realize that this woman is mentally ill and I shouldn’t be taking her words seriously. Heading back to my car, I drive to office.


*****************


As soon as I enter the office, the staff reaches me and one by one they begin congratulating me for the wedding news with Khushi. I am surprised how did they get to know and later see my brother Akash and NK standing there, holding their grins. Oh! So the boys are here before me. Hmm. I take their greetings and then head straight to my brothers.


“So you informed the staff?”

They nod in unison.

“Bhai its only 10 days for your wedding and instead of spending time with Khushi Bhabhi you are working?” Akash asks.

“Akash.. you are highly mistaken..” NK interrupts. “Nannav is at office for Khushi bhabhi not work. Look there..”


We all turn to the door where I see Khushi is coming inside with her sling bag hanging on her shoulder. She has a pattern in her dressing style. In a light green churidar dress with pompoms hanging at her puffed sleeves, she looks cuter than ever. Suddenly I remember my first kiss on her cheek yesterday and my heart craves for more. Does she recall I had teased her last night lying about some tradition that its not auspicious to kiss the bride only on one cheek?


Just like I was startled taking greetings of the wedding, so is she when the staff congratulates her. She smiles and thanks everyone before turning to me and then her cheeks flame as if she recalls something and then she scurries to her desk.


“What was that?” NK teases. “Did she just ignore you Nannav?”

“No NK, she is shy.” Akash replies. “All the best Bhai. You have got a lot of work to do in that regards too” Akash pats my back and I frown at them.

“Why don’t you two do the actual work while I teach my bride what I need from her?” I snap.

“What?”

“Yes.. you two are going to come here every day and make sure you get your laptops too. No more work from home for you two until we sort the Delhi office hacking issue and fly back to London. Is that clear?”

“But Bhai..”


“In my office, now..” I say and march to the little cabin which I have turned into my small office now.


******************


Akash and NK finish some work and then they take a one-hour break for lunch where they decide to find some pizza outlet as they have cravings for some Italian food. Though they ask to join me I don’t. Almost half an hour later I am about to order some lunch for myself when the door knocks and Shashiji comes inside.


“Can I come in?”

“Please” I get up to pay some respect to this man who is also my father-in-law now.

“Thank you”

He quickly places a tiffin box on my table.

“That’s for you.”

“What is that?” I curiously ask.

“Khushi always brings my tiffin box. She cooks our meals every morning and packs it for office. She packed yours too today. See if you like it.”


I am honored that she got me tiffin along with her father’s.


“It’s my pleasure to accept. But why didn’t she come to give me the tiffin box? Why send you?”


He smiles, shyly.

“She was hesitant. My daughter is very … different from the rest of the women of her age. She’s always been in her own shell in terms of men. I would say she will take some time to open up.”

“Hmm” I smile. “Can you please tell her I want her to have lunch with me? I mean, she has her tiffin too right? So I want her to eat it with me in my cabin?”


Shashi Gupta nods at my request.


“I’ll tell her.”


He walks out and I stare at the tiffin hoping Khushi doesn’t decline my request. Five minutes later, my cabin door knocks again and she enters.

“Come in” I lean back at my chair watching her get inside the cabin.

“I have just got 20 minutes.”

“Says who?” I question.

“I have some accounts to check and..”

“The lunch break is for 40 minutes and I don’t want my staff to work during that period. Now sit down. Let’s see what you cooked for me.”


I open the tiffin and find Chole and Paratha in the tiffin box. I am fond of Chole.


“That’s my favorite” I say tasting the first morsel. She sits and watches me eat. “Did your Devi Maiyaa told you that this is my favorite?”

She frowns.

“Your di told.”

“Uh huh..” I grin and continue eating. She almost finishes half of the tiffin but she is not even looking at me and is hurrying to finish it and I know why. She is too embarrassed after I told her to speak to her friend.


“Did you speak to your friend yet?”


She eats the last morsel and then quickly packs the tiffin again. And I know she has and this is the exact reason why she is so mortified to face me. Nice!!


To be Continued

NEXT PART 


Note: Will post the next part of this again on Monday. Sunday will give only a precap of the same FF.


Connect me on Instagram 
Connect me on Twitter

_______________________________________________________________



















VIDEO TRAILER OF - FALLEN - Such an Apt song for this Plot. Can't wait to share this book with you all. 














___________________________________________________________

Can I ask your Reviews?

Hello Friends 

Importance of Reviews in an Author's Life:

  • Motivates them to write more.
  • Helps them know what the readers liked the most in their Novels.
  • Demonstrates the readers support and creates an invisible bond between the Writer and the Reader.
  • Reviews aid in achieving higher Amazon rankings and increased visibility.
  • Last but not the least, brings a smile to the Author's face.
So? What are you waiting for? If you have read my books and haven't reviewed them yet, can I ask you to RATE/REVIEW them now?

CLICK ON THE BOOK COVERS TO REVIEW THEM 











16 comments:

  1. Awesome update
    Khushi has to save arnav from evil person.

    When you will write rise of devil end part?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madhu, what about the new ff you would start as TROTD is completed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome chapter.
    Who is coming? Why don't Arnav say about that women to Khushi???

    Yar please give a long episodes please these are very short...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree with you. These days chp are short compared to earlier.

      Delete
  4. Awesome Update. Khushi is very shy and not quite comfortable with intimacy. Will she tell Arnav regarding the knowledge she gained. Arnav meet the scary woman again. Now who is coming. Hope Arshi's wedding happens without problems. Arnav really likes her. Khushi packed Arnav's tiffin is a nice way to show her care. But she is shy but cute too. Hope Arshi communicate with each other and Khushi understand Arnav's feelings for her. Thanks for the Update😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who is he? Is it a devil or a real man? I think it’s time for the horror. Can’t wait. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whi is coming?? Plzzz give little hint atleast. Will khushi be able to protect him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also who is that lady in black dress. Y does she come front of arnav only..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome. Why Arnav is not telling Khushi about the morning incident. I hope Khushi will save him. And who is he?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who is coming. eagerly waiting for the next update.❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  10. The more your stories are getting amazing the less we are getting the opportunities to enjoy them. December is ending soon and i hope all will get back to normal like before after this month, as you have announced before. And if possible please schedule this ff for more days.

    However amusing and unbelievable it is but its so funny and thrilling to see Arshi having this type of communication , totally different from normal "get to know" communication and interactions. Now i wonder what should we name their this small usual courtship which is not so usual😜

    HE..... Is coming!!!

    I still am not sure if its just about Arnav or even Khushi too. Is "HE" is just a threat for him or her too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome update. Someone HE is coming!!! Who could that be? Looks like Arnav but got blue eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How come Kushi did not get an inkling about the incident with Arnav and the lady? This is so interesting and they are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kyushu talked with Payal, he is very shy and embarrassed to meet arnav. Akash and payal very fast. That scary lady referring to who? Who is coming? Hope arshi got married before that evil come.
    Story getting more interesting and thriller day by day
    Waiting for next update dear..

    ReplyDelete