Like the Page

Total Pageviews

DO YOU FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM? PLEASE DO GUYS :)

The Pursuit (A Spy Romance)

One Hellish Desire

SEARCH FICTIONS ON THIS BLOG

NEW Swoony Romance on my Premium Content

He Loves Me Not - Part 7



PREVIOUS PART 



Chapter 7

“I know her since I was 19. That was 9 years ago” Arnav replies to Aman’s first question. “You have 4 more questions left. Ask them wisely” he further warns.

Aman chuckles.

“You are terrible in threatening people” Aman mocks. “Anyways, question number 2. I strongly believe she has feelings for you, what about you?”




Arnav rolls his eyes.
“Do you think I would have got engaged to Sheetal if I loved someone else?”
“That’s not my answer” Aman replies. “Some times people take decisions which they think is good for them and others but they don’t realize its repercussions until its too late”
“What do you mean?”
“Means.. I don’t want you to be one of them”
Arnav leans back on his chair.
“Don’t twist up things here Aman. I am already annoyed by whatever is happening around me ever since Khushi Gupta is back”
“Oh. That means she is the reason why your dinner date didn’t go well?”
Arnav stands up and walks to the window.
“Sheetal complained to you, didn’t she?”

Aman gets up and reaches next to him.

“Yes, but what happened there which spoiled everything?”
Arnav decides to spill the beans finally. He briefs Aman about how he was blindfolded, and he took the woman to be Sheetal only until he touched her waist while dancing and realized she is someone else.. He also tells Aman how he confronted to Khushi the same night but she denied accepting his allegations.

When Arnav turns back to Aman he finds him holding his laugh.
“Sorry” Aman laughs..
Arnav clenches his jaw.
“I cannot believe it. All this is a joke for you?” he snaps at his friend.
“No it’s serious, that’s why I am unable to believe it. A woman did all that to you and you were helpless Arnav… How else am I supposed to react?”

Arnav lifts his hands in surrender.

“I shouldn’t have discussed this with you. You wont understand” he walks back to his desk and takes his seat. Aman follows.
“Alright. I will be serious now. And we will fix this.. Okay? Now will you please also take some efforts to explain since when is this happening? Has she proposed you? When?”

Arnav is lost in the events of that night.. his 22nd birthday. It was the first time he had consumed alcohol, got intoxicated and lost his sanity for a while. It was all wrong. He knows it was his mistake. Even showing a glimpse of hope to a woman and later denying her is a sin.

“Hey” Aman clicks fingers to get Arnav’s attention. “I asked you something”
Arnav nods.
“I met her first at Shantivan when Shashi Gupta got her along. He and Dad got engrossed in talking business in the drawing room whereas she was seated alone in the living room. She was too shy, reserved and well-spoken. She was thirsty, I could get that from her face. As the servants were not nearby, I offered her water. She looked at me flashing her eyelashes as if she has just met her match. There was something in her eyes which… which caught my gaze forever on her, every time she kept visiting our place. But I ensured never to give her any wrong signals. She was too young and hardly 15. Her hormones were cranky whereas you know how I was back then. I so much into studies and sports.”

Aman listens to all of this intently. He is observing Arnav’s change of expressions too whenever he talks about Khushi and their past. This man hasn’t realized a lot yet..

“Years passed and I joined Dad’s business the moment I finished my graduation. She was always around, her actions had slowly started confirming me that she has fallen for me. I thought she is still too young to actually realize this is not love.. it’s just an infatuation.”

Aman sighs. That’s his mistake. How could he just ignore even the slightest advances from a girl towards him without taking a concrete action on it? This could have stopped had he reacted wisely and earlier, which he didn’t. It’s either because he was liking her attention and he didn’t believe anything wrong in it. Was Arnav seeing a future with Khushi subconsciously? Aman tries not to interrupt his friend and save his words for the end.

“It was my 22nd birthday”
“I missed that one, didn’t I?” Aman asks.
“Yes, you were finishing your graduation in Harvard” Arnav mutters.
“You didn’t talk to me for 2 days for not being present on your birthday. I can never forget that” Aman chuckles. “So, what happened that day?”

Arnav swallows. He cannot give every minute detail to Aman about that incident because it can bring Khushi in the wrong light.

“She proposed me” he cuts every sensitive thing that happened and tells Aman only what is necessary for him to know the complete history of him and Khushi.
“Wow… The girl has guts. Was she even 18 when she proposed?”
Arnav nods.
“18 years 2 months” he replies.

Aman quickly calculates and notes down in his mind that Arnav even remembers Khushi’s birthday. Isn’t it unnecessary for him to know so much about her when he says he doesn’t have any feelings for her?

“What did you tell her after she proposed?”
“I denied Aman.. I had to. I knew it wasn’t right”
Aman sighs.
“So that means you broke her heart and she just walked away? Just like that?”
“She made an issue obviously.. She was so confident that I was lying. That I … I loved her and was avoiding her because she was too young for me. She said I was making excuses and that once she grows up, I might start showing interest in her. You know how immature we are at that kind of age” he mutters.

Aman nods accepting it.

“I didn’t want her to take any drastic actions which could turn Dad and Shashi Gupta’s relationship bitter. So, somehow through Dad I offered a sponsorship to her in London. And dad got Mr. Gupta convinced for Khushi to take it up. She couldn’t deny”

Aman is surprised. The man is a planner..
“She agreed?? Did she know it was you who made that sponsorship happen?”
“No”
Aman sighs in disappointment again.  Arnav decides to wrap up.
“Our relationship is…. Complex” he explains quietly.
“I am not surprised to hear that” Aman studies him. “But I am glad you agree it is a relationship.. not something you can shrug off that easily”

A thoughtful expression crosses Arnav’s face.

“I want my life simple Aman. I don’t like complications. I have loving parents, I am engaged now and I can see my future with Sheetal very clearly. I don’t have any space for Khushi Gupta in it”
“You are underestimating her” Aman studies his face. “Khushi is soon going to be full of adventure to you.”
Arnav’s jaw tightens.
“I will handle her.”
“Really? How? Like you handled it the last time? By sending her to London without her will?” Aman snaps.

Arnav holds his gaze on Aman.

“I will not give her any more reasons to intrude in my life and complicate it. That’s all I know. If I have to send her back from where she came, I will do that without any doubts”

Aman nods dismissively.

“I don’t think so Arnav” he replies. “You are both adults. You need to talk to each other, come to a point and understanding, stop playing games like these. Either accept you feel for her or deny her once for all but don’t take any such steps to push her away from you forcibly. You cannot take decisions for her like that. It’s like you are purposely doing this to avoid having any feelings for her. As if you know if she stays around you, you will fall for her someday”

Arnav turns his gaze away from Aman. He has thought about this too. And that’s exactly why he is going to keep Khushi away from himself. He is afraid her efforts will be fruitful one day and he will have to confess his feelings for her, neglecting all the other strong relationships of his life, hurting them, which he cannot afford to do.

******************


Shantivan 

That evening when Arnav returns home, he finds his Dad waiting for him already. Their lawyer is sitting next to the Raizada couple, having some papers in hand.

“Arnav.. come here my boy” Ayush calls.

Arnav walks to them and takes a seat.
“You know Roy, our family lawyer, don’t you?”
“Of course. I know him” Arnav replies passing a smirk to Mr. Roy. 
“Good. He has some good property proposals for us in Mumbai. You know how much your mother wants to buy a beach house in Mumbai” Ayush explains.

Revati proudly smiles at the two.
“If you can go and check these properties yourself and finalize one, I would be really grateful”
“Me?” Arnav asks. “But Dad, how would I make that selection?”
“You can Arnav. You know your parents well; we are sure your choice will be the best for us. And don’t worry, you won’t be alone. Sheetal is going to accompanying you. After all she is a woman and she knows what Revati’s taste is. She can help you”

Arnav stiffens. Sheetal?

“Yes Arnav” Revati interrupts. “And that way you both will get enough time to spend with each other”
“I agree Mom but Dad, what about the Software project which is still pending. You will be left alone to handle it”
“Don’t worry. Shashi and I will take care of that. Plus, lets see what Khushi has got for us. We will deal with all of this in your absence. You start preparing to fly to Mumbai tomorrow. Sheetal is already made aware and she must have finished packing by now”

Arnav doesn’t decline their orders. He agrees unwillingly and heads back to his room.


********************


Gupta Residence – 2 days later 


Buaji comes out in the living room only to find the flower vase empty. There were bunch of flowers in it, though all dried ones, she had plans to throw them. Where did they go?

Khushi plucks the dead petal of the last rose which she removed from the Living room Vase.
“He loves me”
She plucks the next.
“He loves me not”
The process continues until the last petal remains.
“He loves me NOT”
She sighs in disappointment. She has been doing this since she was 15 and never in so many years, she got a positive answer. But that doesn’t stop her from trying. All of this is a lie. When Arnav Singh Raizada himself couldn’t stop her from loving him, how can such silly tricks demotivate her?

Today when she had been to AR office, she got to know Arnav has gone to Mumbai and won’t be coming for a week more. It killed her mood and it doubled when she came to know Sheetal has also accompanied him there. She just cannot tolerate Arnav with another woman. Did he do this on purpose? So that he can show her she doesn’t matter to him?

“What is all this?” Shashi Gupta enters her room.
Khushi moves all the petals off the table.
“Nothing dad. I was just playing with flowers. You didn’t sleep yet?” she asks.
“How is the Software build going?”
“It’s going great. I think I will complete the Pilot Model in 2 days and then I am ready for the presentation”

Shashi looks happy with that.

“You are genius. Just like your mother” he replies. “Even Ayush Sir was praising your intelligence today. He liked your dedication” 
Khushi gives Shashi a side hug. “Dad”
“Hmm”
“Ayush Sir is a very practical man, isn’t he?”
“Why do you say so?”
Khushi raises her head from his shoulder.
“Come on Dad, I am not a kid anymore. I can see what he is doing.” She snaps. “If he has hired me and allowed to work on the Software it is only because it is going to profit his company”
“What is your point?” Shashi questions.
“I think he is getting his son married to Mathur family for a reason”

Shashi gives her a confused stare.

“We are no one to judge that neither get involved in their personal lives. He is my Boss Khushi. I am getting paid because of him”
“Wrong” Khushi interrupts him. “You are getting paid because you work that efficiently. You are loyal, always available for them 24/7, they will never get a hard-working man like you”
“What is wrong with you, Khushi?” Shashi snaps. “I am not able to understand your actions. You don’t like my Boss still working for them. Why?”

Khushi realizes there is no point in explaining her father.

“I am just earning few bucks. That’s all.” She lies.
Shashi calms down.
“You should rest. I think the Software is making you crazy. Good night” he kisses her forehead.
“Good night Dad” she hugs him and then watches her father leave. What would Arnav be doing now? Will Sheetal be around him?

**********************


Mumbai 

It’s been a day that he has arrived here and he has already seen two properties. Both of them were lavish but he didn’t finalize. He is going to see few more tomorrow and then make a final decision. He has also sent the pictures of the properties to his parents. If they wish to pick, they are free to do so and he will make the required sale deed agreement and finish his work in Mumbai.

Sheetal had been quiet during their journey to Mumbai and only when he apologized for his behavior for the Golconda Dinner, she put a smile again on her face. Tonight, he is going to have dinner with her in their room and it is going to arrive any moment. The door knocks and allows the food trolley to be placed in the dining area of the precedential suite he is staying. Sheetal’s room is right next to his. He asks the house keeping to inform Sheetal about the food so that she can come here. The boy leaves and Arnav continue to type some email on his laptop.
“Oh My God” Sheetal gets inside and is surprised seeing her favorite meal ordered.

Arnav shuts the laptop.

“You ordered my favorite meal?”
“Hmm. Please come”

She throws her arms upon him and the fragrance of the same perfume which Khushi wore on his 22nd birthday. He clearly remembers it still. 

“This.. perfume? It’s different” he asks nervously.
“Oh yes. Someone gifted me this.”
“Who”
“I don’t know. The next day after our disastrous Dinner date, this surprise gift came for me from nowhere. There was a message on it though, it read Arnav loves this fragrance. Hahhahha” she laughs.

Arnav gets serious. This has to be Khushi.

“I think it’s a prank from one of my friends” Sheetal adds. “What matters is… if this really turns you on for me” she whispers
Arnav grits his teeth and lowers her arms from his neck.
“It’s too strong. I am allergic to strong smells” he lies. Khushi did this on purpose to annoy him, shift his mood back to her from the other woman. And she just got successful. She managed to instill the memories of that 22nd birthday and it’s going to be hard to ignore them while he dines with Sheetal tonight.

To be Continued


NEXT PART

To Read He Loves Me Not from the Start. Click HERE


37 comments:

  1. Actually i am curious to know what happened on his 22nd birthday. I dont know whether khushi is doing the right. Because it is not in the stage of a decision . And like aman i also think arnav has some feelings towards khushi, the barrier between them may be his adopted family.
    Unnik7

    ReplyDelete
  2. So curious to know what has happened in his 22nd bday

    ReplyDelete
  3. So ASR has feelings and he doesn't want to express them because cannot hurt his parents.

    What KKG is asking about ASR adopted parents? In future, will ASR will be broken , due to his dad's true face

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Arnav is an idiot here...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Update. Arnav is seriously very much stubborn he knows he was clearly attracted to Khushi but still in denying mode .Something serious happened on his birthday is a major twist. Arnav didn't did the right thing by sending Khushi away. Hope Arnav takes Aman's advice seriously. More than Khushi Arnav is more confident that Khushi will bring out his hidden feelings out. Aman is the most sorted person here.Now that Aman knows the story hope he guide Arnav to the right path.Arnav seems not so comfortable with Sheetal but still trying hard to stick in this relationship because of his adopted family.Khushi is a very confident and much practical girl compared to Arnav.Arnav is spending time with Sheetal but his mind is occupied with Khushi he remembers her perfume and Arnav should stop fighting between his mind and heart and take a wise decision.

    ReplyDelete
  6. After hearing his conversation with Aman, I am sure that he loves her or may be attractive towards her but can’t realise it. I think something major happened on his birthday which he skipped it very conveniently. Khushi is very clever, she sent her favourite perfume to Sheetal. It seems Arnav is never comforting with Sheetal....how he is going to spend his whole life with her. Arnav is scared that if he stays close to Khushi, she will able to bring out his feelings for her. Aman also got the hint. Why Arnav is so stubborn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am curious to know what happened on his 22nd birthday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome update..eager to know what happened on his 22nd birthday..arnav is in love with khushi but he has not realised yet..or maybe he does not want yo upset his parents..but whatever happens arnav is only khushi's...we need to only see how both will unite..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome superb excellent amazing luv it

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was curious to know what actually went down on his 22nd birthday.. not the cut version of it but the full one.
    Well Arnav does have some feelings for Khushi, doesn't he? And exactly like how I guessed he is suppressing them in order to please his parents and everyone.
    Now that Aman knows the insight, i have a feeling he is gonna side up with Khushi and help her make Arnav realize what he actually feels for Khushi.. make him acknowledge the feeling be has been denying all these years. Aman knows Arnav is not living on his terms and to see his friend happy and free from all the bounds, he will do something for sure.
    Khushi might soon get caught by Sashi. Her advances are distinct and her father surely can see something is cooking in her head.
    Lets see how they all tackle the situation in their own ways.
    After this episode, I no longer think Khushi is being adamant. Arnav has surely given her a strong signal on his 22nd birthday and i am eagerly waiting for that to unfold.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I m not really feeling bad for Arshi … hope Arnav realize things before he hurt khushi in bad way

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful awesome update madhu next part soon

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow... khushi is getting on his nerves now 😄😁😆 strong and amazing women 😍

    ReplyDelete
  14. Phewww Finally finally its Confirm this Guy Arnav has feeling for Khushi...but he's denying this what nonsense...I know he will keep pushing Khushi and hurting her for approching him...Madhu i want to you to make Arnav RUN behind Khushi later...Plzzz SUPERB UPDATE :) Waiting for next part...

    ReplyDelete
  15. As expected Arnav had not revealed their intimate moments to Aman to save Khushi's reputation. But there is more to it....as per his musings, he was intoxicated & lost his senses for sometime. May be they might've kissed and Arnav must've admitted to liking her perfume & it turning him on. But once he got back to his senses, he must've rejected her proposal even though he remembers clearly what he had done with her & feels it's mistake from his side to give her hope.

    Now i suppose Khushi will come to know about the London scholorship scheming done by Arnav & for sure she'll be hurt. But that doesn't guarantee her not persuing Arnav anymore ...might even fuel her determination to get him to admit his feelings for her.

    Hope Sheetal doesn't get succeed in seducing Arnav in Mumbai. Hopefully Khushi would come up with something else not to let it happen just like she did for their second dinner date.

    Now that Aman has noticed Arnav's hidden feelings for Khushi & he is interested in Arnav's happy future more than his sister's (as he knows she is not marrying Arnav out of love for him...but his money & status) , hope he (Aman) does help Khushi in bringing both Arnav & Khushi together. He seems a genuine friend who has his best interest in heart.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Arnav is having feelings for Kushi and not an attraction. What ever he is doing is for his adopted family by hiding or ignoring his feelings for her. But interesting and will wait and see as how kushi will get him on track

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome.. Khushi is quite bold .. I wonder how long Sheetal continue to hold on to Arnav

    ReplyDelete
  18. With each update I've started to dislike this desperate Khushi. I mean, I don't want to be judgemental and stuff. But, it's like she's throwing herself at him with ease. I understand she loves him and he might too, but, I wish she acts a bit more cautious and not so open. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hmmm something happened on Arnav's 22nd birthday. What could that be!! Looks like Arnav having feelings for Khushi but he denies admitting it. Awesome update.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Waiting to know what happened on his birthday 🤔

    ReplyDelete
  21. Liking the update. So as expected, arnav likes khushi. Knows about her birthday, admired her from far for years. Its clear khushi got motivated by that silent Arnav who didnt discouraged her from the start. Like aman i wonder if he realises khushi cant be his family's choice. Else, he could push and change their opinions about her. So...this is definitely a business move like khushi suspects. But arnav is as adamant as khushi to prove that this relationship is nothing. So happy aman was angry about arnav making khushi go to london without her will.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome update...waiting for next update.....

    ReplyDelete
  23. Now aman knows about kushi's love
    and also arnavs hidden love towards each other. I'm sure he will do something to unite them

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful update loved it
    Want to know what happened in Arnav's 22nd birthday
    Now Aman know Arnav and Khushi's story I'm sure he will do something to make them to together
    Waiting for next update eagerly

    ReplyDelete
  25. Superb update soo khushi love him from there teen age and arnav never cared abt her feelings and wat happen on his 22nd b'day ?? What to know it detail part and aman also think arnav have feelings but hidding it just beczs he don't want to hurt his parents .... Post soon

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awesome.so he has feelings for Khushi which he yet to realise. And what happened on his b'day??? I'm sure it's something intense. I think that's y Khushi is so sure about his feelings. B'se indrunken state people always shows their inner feelings. Hope he did something like that. Waiting to what happened then and how Arnav is going to stop her this time. And Aman realises his friend has some feelings for Khushi. Hope he will help Khushi in this journey. Waiting for next part soon.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I wish Arnav man up and accept his feelings for khushi .

    ReplyDelete
  28. Madhu please give the complete picture of Arnav family .. don't he have any sister or brother from his adopted parents ? Also what happened on 22nd b'day ? Please disclose the details completely..

    ReplyDelete
  29. Nice update..

    Aman is right he recognised arnav avoiding his feeling for khushi...
    Hope he helps arnav..

    Khushi may be right why arnav's parents agree for sheetal m hus marriage..

    Smart khushi gifted the perfume to sheetal..

    Looking forward

    ReplyDelete
  30. nice update.... i got so many doubts.... just like khushi.... doesn't ayush really love their son...

    ReplyDelete
  31. Let's share my imagination with you too . May be khushi kissed arnav and he reacted too . That's y he is guilty to give small hope to khushi

    Without arnav knowledge he is caring , loving , thinking and much more to khushi .
    Aman found arnav feelings , so he will help khushi

    khushi going bring all true face

    ReplyDelete
  32. Many a times we come across people being infatuated or attracted to each other but choosing a life partner esp where you are in joint family scenarios you thinl about more than just the attraction....Arnav is not wrong hete....Khushi is just behaving like a stalker now.

    ReplyDelete