Like the Page

Total Pageviews

DO YOU FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM? PLEASE DO GUYS :)

The Pursuit (A Spy Romance)

One Hellish Desire

SEARCH FICTIONS ON THIS BLOG

NEW Swoony Romance on my Premium Content

Wedlock - Part 39




PREVIOUS PART


Chapter 39


Day 165

“Hi Dad” Khushi picks up her father’s call. She was in the middle of some work when this call rang and she couldn’t ignore it.
“Khushi.. .it’s been 3 days you didn’t call. All okay there?” Shashi asks, sounding worried.

Khushi passes a contended smile to herself. Earlier her father didn’t care if she didn’t contact him for months and now, he awaits for her calls and messages almost daily.

“Sorry dad, I am working extra hours these days. So, didn’t find much time to call. How are you?”
“I am fine. Whats left in my life now? Just work and taking updates about you. That’s all”

Khushi finds something fishy in that reply.




“How is Kyle?” she purposely asks.
“Uhhh.. Yea.. she … she is okay”
Khushi finds some hesitation in her father’s voice when he talks about Kyle. That’s never happened before.
“Dad, is everything okay between you and her?”
“Yes, why did you ask?”
“Are you hiding something from me?”
“Khushi.. I don’t have anything left to hide from you. But I will speak to you soon about whats going on. Anyways, you carry on with your work. I don’t want to disturb you. Will talk soon”
“Dad wait” Khushi tries to talk further but he hangs up. Something is wrong. Even few days back, Arnav told her about some man to man talk he had with her father. Can it be related to this? She needs to check with Arnav only. She types him an email before going back inside and continuing her work.

Arnav,

Dad called me up. He didn’t sound happy. Whats going on? Do you know anything about it? I am worried.

Khushi.

After an hour when she checks her phone again, she finds his reply.

Khushi,

Nothing to be worried of. I will talk to him today and see if I can sort it out. You concentrate on your work.

Arnav.

That’s not the kind of reply she had expected from him. She types him back.

Arnav,

What are you both hiding from me? I thought we both are on same page in every matter related to us. Keeping me uninformed about anything connected to Dad or you is not something I can tolerate.
I need to know whats happening in Dad’s life? Has this anything to do with Kyle?

I am waiting for your reply Arnav and I don’t need an assurance that you will take care of whatever it is. I know you will. But being his daughter, I have equal rights to know what he is going through.

Khushi.

She gets a prompt reply almost instantly.

Wife,

Don’t be frustrated that I didn’t tell you this prior. Your father wanted to tell you all himself. He asked me not to share anything until its concrete. But since you are not willing to wait, here is what you want to know.

Your father is getting divorced soon. He and Kyle are no longer staying together. Kyle has shifted to some other place. I don’t know where, neither I wished to know. He wasn’t going to tell me this either. But during his trip to Cape Town, he was drunk one night and you know what happens when people drink. They pour their heart out. That’s what happened. I tried to advise him to sort it out with Kyle rather than taking a decision of separation but he showed no willingness.

I am on my way to see your father. Will check on him and let you know.

Don’t worry. Things will be fine.

Take care.

Arnav.

Khushi sits on the couch of her office, feeling terrible reading the email. So much happened and she wasn’t informed. Her father wants a divorce from Kyle? Why? Is she the reason behind their separation? Should she talk to her father openly on this? Or wait for him to share?

******************

Day 166

She opens her email the first thing next morning and finds Arnav’s email already.

Wife,

I met your father. He is doing fine. We talked again about his Divorce matter and he said it’s inevitable.

Don’t be upset. Tell me how do you want me to help you on this?

Arnav.

Khushi thinks for a minute and replies him. Their email chat begins.

Husband,

Any suggestions?

Wife.

****************

Wife,

Suggestions to stop this divorce you mean?

Husband.

*********************

Husband,

Of course. I don’t know what happened between them but very sure its about me. I think dad has put the blame of me withdrawing from him all these years, on Kyle. That’s not fair Arnav. They both are responsible and mostly my father.

Wife

************************

Wife,

I made the same guess. Why don’t you talk to your father openly on this and try to change his mind?

Husband

************************

Husband,

Good idea. Thanks. You are my savior. I don’t know what I would do without you now.

Wife.

*********************

Wife,

You will always have me to save you from anything and everything. For now, talk to your dad on this and see if you can divert his intentions of Divorce.

Meanwhile, I will see off Nani to the Airport. I hope you remember she is flying to San Francisco today.

Husband.

**************************

Husband,

Yes. That’s the last thing I will forget. Di is super excited and we already have made plans where to take Nani once she is here .. for sightseeing. I assume this is her first international trip.

And guess what? I am going to receive her at the Airport. Jeeju was supposed to do that but he got some urgent work. So, I took up this job.

Wife.

*********************

Wife,

Yes, this is going to be her first International Trip. Hence a bit worried. But one of my staff will be there to assist her till she completes all the Immigration process inside the airport.

Hope Nani doesn’t faint seeing you there to receive her.

Do let me know how that goes.

Husband.

Khushi giggles at his comment. But he is right. Nani can never expect her to do such gestures. Well, its time she surprises this old woman.

******************


Day 167


Nani drags her bag out at the Arrivals hoping to see Shyam but instead finds Khushi hurrying to her. She stops. Khushi is wearing a decent top on her denims and she is glowing for some reason. Is it the weather here or is it the effect of her daily interactions with Arnav?

“Hope you had a safe flight, Nani” Khushi asks reaching her.
“I wouldn’t be standing here if it wasn’t safe”

Nani’s crooked reply instills some frustration in Khushi but she chooses to ignore it.

“I will take your bags” she starts dragging the bags.
“Where is Shyam?” Nani walks with her.
“He got some urgent work”

Nani sighs and keeps following Khushi to the car. Khushi dumps the luggage.

“Where is the Driver?” Nani continues poking.
“I am going to drive Nani” she replies.
“You?”
“Yes. Don’t worry I will make sure you reach safe” she opens the front seat door for Nani to get inside. Nani mutters something which Khushi hardly listens to and shuts the door when Nani buckles the seat belt.

As promised, Khushi drives carefully and she can say that Nani does enjoy her drive but the old woman is too stubborn to admit it. Khushi doesn’t speak anything on purpose, unless Nani talks to her. She remains quiet and it works for both of them.

As they reach home, Anjali welcomes Nani and then the old lady is in tears holding Ruhi in her arms. Khushi decides to assist with the cooking while the two sit and chat. Shyam reaches home by Dinner time. As its weekend, Khushi spends the day with the Jha family.

“Nice Dal, Anjali bitiya. You have Indian cooks here?” Nani asks savoring the cooked Lentil (dal).

Anjali chuckles and stares at Khushi who is serving Shyam and Anjali.
“Todays cook is your Bahu, Khushi Singh Raizada” Anjali replies.
Nani is astonished. She glances at Khushi who doesn’t give any obvious reactions. Nani is speechless. She quietly continues to eat.
“Khushi.. enough of serving. Come sit with us and eat”
“I will wait till you all finish Di. If Ruhi wakes up, there should be someone to pacify her”
“She wont wake up” Shyam interrupts. “And even if she does, I will go”
“jeeju.. You had been out the whole day. You should eat first. Please” Khushi requests at which Shyam agrees.

Nani is observing all of this and she can already sense how much changed Khushi is now. She learnt cooking and she is behaving so homely to everyone. Is this only a show off? Ruhi starts crying and Khushi immediately runs inside.

“Anjali bitiya.. will she be able to handle Ruhi?”
“Nani.. she handles Ruhi better than me. Even Ruhi knows her touch and goes calm as soon as Khushi carries her in arms”

Ruhi’s cries stop in a minute and Anjali again turns to Nani.

“See? I told you”

Nani glances towards the bedroom where Khushi is swinging Ruhi in her arms, patting her to sleep again. This is a good change in Khushi and a totally unexpectable one.



Day 168


Husband, 

Spoke to Dad. He has made his mind. He wants a Divorce. I think a conversation on phone will not help me sort his issues. A face to face meeting is required. Can you send Dad here for some reason? I can talk to him then. 

Wife. 

**********************

Wife, 

Let me try. Give me some time. 

Are you also going to speak to Kyle? Just think about it. I know you both share no equation yet at times like this, drastic steps like these are necessary. 

Husband. 

******************

Husband, 

Good idea. But not now. Let me prepare myself. Give me a week, I will speak to her. Meanwhile make some plans to send dad here. I will meet him and talk. 

Wife. 

******************


Day 170


Husband,

Nani is enjoying her stay. She has slowly started interacting with me too. She appreciated my cooking; can you believe that?

Wife.

*******************

Wife,

Do you have any magic wand? I really cannot believe Nani appreciating you.

I am happy.

p.s. When will I get to taste your cooked food?

Hungry Husband.

********************

Hungry Husband,

For that you need to come here. Any plans?

p.s. I thought you will surprise me by coming with Nani here. ☹

Thoughtful Wife.

*******************

Wife,

I thought you hate surprises.

Husband

*******************

Husband,

My likes and dislikes have changed.

Anyways, I have a Cocktail Office party next weekend. Preparing for it already. Bought a skirt.. its knee-length. Hope you don’t mind. Am I still not allowed to drink?

Hopeful Wife

***********************

Wife,

Wear anything you like. You don’t need to ask me that unless it’s too skinny and short.

Drink as much as you want. I know you are aware of your own limits. I wish to see you drunk. It kind of reminds me of our first kiss.

Dreamy Husband.

********************

Husband,

Don’t day dream.

Thanks for trusting my limits and I won’t let you down.

I have no memories of the kiss you talking about. Wish I wasn’t that intoxicated that night to remember at least a bit of it.

Sighing Wife.

********************

Wife,

I can remind you again if you want.

Husband.

**********************

Husband,

I will think about it.

Wife.

**********************

Wife,

Please do.

Husband

******************


Day 180 – Cocktail Party

Khushi has some fun in the party. It’s official but she is now having good colleagues to share her time and joy with. The fun is strictly professional. Khushi tries not to drink much and returns to her residence with Shikha. She heads straight to her room and plunges on the bed. Images of Arnav and the times when they had slept together, on the same bed in Shantivan flashes in her mind. Who would have thought that she will fall of that same man whom she was running away from? He has changed and the desperation to hold on to her and this marriage is clearly visible in his eyes. It is this alteration in him which changed her opinion about relationships. And she cannot wait to have one with him.. a solid.. intact one.. She opens her mobile to check his mail but finds none. She fumes. She wants his email.. She wants to chat with him.. What is wrong? She is intoxicated and probably the alcohol is kicking her romantic hormones and making her so desperate for Arnav Singh Raizada. She recollects something and decides to email him now.

Husbanddddddd, 

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Wifeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

**********************

Wife, 

I assume you are drunk and that’s why the extra letters after every word. You should sleep. 

p.s What is that YES for?

Husband. 

************************

Husbandddd, 

Yes – Remind me of that kiss again.. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee

Wifeeeeeeeeee

***********************

Wife, 

However, tempting it sounds, I am sure you will forget it tomorrow when the effects of the alcohol fades. 

Husband. 

***********************

Husband, 

Then come here before the effect fades and kiss me again. 

Wife. 

**************************

Wife, 

I don’t want to take advantage of you when drunk. 

Husband. 

*********************

Husband, 

Shut up. 

Don’t act so innocent. Come here .. like right now.. 

Wife. 

***********************

Wife, 

You sure? You wont change your mind later? 

Husband.

************************

Husband, 

I wont. Stop wasting time and come here. 

Wife 

************************

Wife, 

ON MY WAY

Husband. 


Khushi kisses her phone screen, chuckles and finally dozes off.



To be Continued.



NEXT PART



READ WEDLOCK FROM THE START. HERE




57 comments:

  1. awesome, they are getting closer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohu ohuuu so Arnav is already their in San Francisco...Thats why he didnt Email...Awesome!Waiting to know what will happen next...Am sure definitely a KISS is on the way ;) SUPERB UPDATE :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waaaaaaaaw
    Can't stop obsessing over this story
    Plz plz update wedlock itself next
    Pleassseee

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was beautiful, I thought I'm going to read about his arrival, sigh looks like have to wait

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice one... Waiting for Arnav's surprise....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Update. Arnav is finally in San Francisco. Nani is finally changing her thoughts regarding Khushi seeing her so responsibly handling the households but I don't like her thoughts even when Khushi turned efficient she still think it as a show off. Shashi Gupta is clearly repenting but Khushi still cares for her father though he was the one who neglect her. Is Shashi Gupta also accompany Arnav then it will be great. How Arshi will react to each other meeting after such a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought arnav was accompanied Nani and expect Ed arshi romance but here I'm getting her parents divorce ������������

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome...Awesome...Awesome.... I am totally obsessed with this story....loving it so much... I never enjoyed reading emails this much

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is already there ....💜💜💜 loved this update so much .....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love their emails.they have come so close .he s in San francisco.pls updtt again can't wait....plssssss

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope arnav is going there. It's too much they have been separated.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sure
    The next day when kkg sees her mails. she die with embrasment

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is Arnav already in San Francisco? It seems like he already is there. I don't know about the kiss but they surely are gonna meet soon and i am looking forward to it.
    Shashi is divorcing Kyle? Kyle could never be the mother Khushi needed and Shashi being distant from Khushi might be due to Kyle up to some point but divorcing het after all these years to set things right doesn't feel alright and also I kind of feel bad for her. Hope Khushi is able to change their mind once she talks to Kyle and also with Shashi face to face.
    Nani seems hella impressed with this new changed Khushi but she won't accept that simply, will she? But I am sure she won't have any complains regarding Khushi after this visit.
    Khushi's drunk emails were tempting Arnav. Ince she wakes up the next morning and reads those she is gonna be very shy. Would love to see how she proceeds conversation with Arnav then. Or maybe she won't be that shy and they will get even more close now that its out in the open that she desires him as well.
    I am eagerly waiting for Arnav and Khushi to finally meet. All the email conversations, the slow change in the dynamics of their relationship was good to read but now its time for them to be face to face and share some conversation in person.
    Waiting for the next update already. Really hope you update the next part of it next then he loves me not.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome update ❤.please post the next part of this as the next update.🙏

    ReplyDelete
  15. Is Arnav already in San Francisco or ll come now from India? I want Khushi to speak to Kyle and sort it out.. and make her father understand ..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Madhu can u please give the next update on wedlock 2moro or on Monday ?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome update.... kiss on the way. Nani is also warming up towards khushi

    ReplyDelete
  18. Next update is going to be super awesome..is arnav already on his way?? Khushi should talk to her dad & kyle soon..glad nani is finally accepting khushi..all is going well betwren arnav and khushi..but is this peace before the storm?? I want khushi and arnav both should face any storm that are on his way..no misunderstaning between them now..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow.. awesome. So they r going to meet soon. Hope Khushi is as much enthusiastic when she is sober.i thought he will come with Nani . Waiting eagerly.....

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow it was really a beautiful update
    Nani started to see Khushi's real self and somehow impressed with her
    But Khushi percents are taking Divorce why?
    Khushi's email after drinking was so cute
    Is Arnav already in San Francisco ? If now want to know Khushi's reaction on seeing her emails and Arnav to their in morning
    Hope to get next update sooner

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome update as always. Lovely chats. Hmmm so Arnav and Khushi meeting up is coming. Wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  22. The positive change seen in Khushi is unacceptable to Nani? Means she still is hoping that Arnav divorces Khushi & marries a girl of her choice inspite of him clearly stating that no divorce happening. Thought she promised herself not to come in between them for Arnav & Anjali's sake? For their happiness?Now she is acting adamantly.

    Here Khushi is happy that Nani has praised her cooking. Wrong. She praised the cooking without knowing it's been prepared by Khushi. Once she was told, she just ignored.Some people never change i think.

    Somehow it feels that Khushi will talk her dad out of divorce & even will make Kyle agree. arnav might probably go to San Fransisco along with Shashi as per Khushi's wish.

    Looking forward to what unfolds next. Cheers !

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful lovely fabulous update

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oho! Twist in the tale. I hope she doesn't regret it. Hoping she is sober and remembers.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great update I m so happy for them … good to see Nani changing thoughts about khushi … waiting for Arshi meet … I think Arnav will be there when she open her eyes in the morning

    ReplyDelete
  26. Plzzzzzz update HE LOVES ME NOT PRECAP..... TODAY..... plzzzzzzz plzzzzzz update a long.... chapter on HLMN

    ReplyDelete
  27. Omg this wait is going to kill😊😌😍

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fabulous update.

    Can't wait for the next one

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow....is Arnav really comin?? Beautiful and cute update

    ReplyDelete
  30. what a fabulous story this is turning out to be

    ReplyDelete
  31. I don't think that sashis decision of divorcing Kyle is wrong.According to me
    It's Kyle's karma she also separated shashi from Kushi I know it's shashis fault but as wise person and life partner Kyle does not do anything to mend father-daughter relationship,instead she instinct shashis decisions about Kushi.She used Kushi for business benefit. She deserve it.
    I loved how arnav Kushi relationship are progressing.
    It's awesome update .

    ReplyDelete
  32. So is the Kiss going to happen in next part and did u get the news Baby Sobthi is on the way

    ReplyDelete
  33. Superb update...
    Her dad n Kyle separated??.. loved the way khushi asked arnav to tell her what is going on loved the way arnav not only informed her but helping her to deal with it..

    Wow khushi learnt to cook too and nani is warming up to her.



    Totally loved the way arshi addresses each other...

    Loved their email chats.......

    ReplyDelete
  34. Awesomeeeeeeeeee updateeeeeeee....

    ReplyDelete
  35. Awesome,awesome update. Just loving the email communication.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hii madhu...i want to know when ur fb page will be active?? Actually its difficult to access ur work here...pls rpy as soon as possible

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am losing hopes from facebook now. Even after so many efforts they have not replied neither working on activating my account.

      Delete
    2. K..I have 1 suggestion if u can shift all ur works on wattpadd...it will be more convinient for u as well as for the readers...actually its simpler and easy...anyone can find ur work and will know about ur amazing writing...

      Delete
    3. Its really going to be time consuming for moving all works again from here to somewhere else. I suppose the difficulty to access this page is because of the popads which keep popping up when the page opens. That's going to be sorted within 2- 3 days. Then it will be easy for anyone to access the page. Do let me what other issue you face to access the works here, I will resolve them.

      Delete
    4. First of all madhu i sincerely thanku for replying my msgs and secondly its just a little bit difficult to access this pg and nothing else...hope u will consider my suggestion in near future...buti myst say ur writings are commendable...and u r a great writer and and ur goodness reflects in ur writing...😊😊

      Delete
    5. K no problem...1st of all i want to thank sincerely thanku that u rpy to my msgs and secondly i'm not facing any other issue other than i have mentioned earlier..
      And i hope u will reconsider my suggestion in near future...but ur writing i must say is awesome..u r doing a great job and ur goodness reflects in ur writing...🤗🤗and i like to tell u 1 thing my day never starts until and unless i read ur ffs..keep up the good work dear🤗🤗

      Delete
  37. Wowwwww wonderful lovely i just love it and i am enjoying it as if i am seeing all this live 😍😍 omg i love the conversation 💖 and serious😳 is arnav really going to come and kiss khushi💋 or is already in San Francisco ?? Ahh!! Plezs post it asap na madhu 😉 waiting Eagerly 😁

    ReplyDelete
  38. oh...wow... is he really coming...wow

    ReplyDelete
  39. Khushi forgiven shashi too easily, marrying a lady very quickly after first wife death when you have a daughter to take care of is not a small mistake

    ReplyDelete