Like the Page

Total Pageviews

DO YOU FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM? PLEASE DO GUYS :)

The Pursuit (A Spy Romance)

One Hellish Desire

SEARCH FICTIONS ON THIS BLOG

NEW Swoony Romance on my Premium Content

Rise of the Devil - Part 11

 


PREVIOUS PART 




Chapter 11



Khushi’s POV



Wow. Just Wow. Now I am ritually married to that King of Devil. How am I supposed to believe this fact that I am the Devil Queen? This tag is daunting and the man I am married to is even more intimidating than he was before. Though he looks extremely gorgeous all the time, I don’t think I can let him be anywhere near me. I will always be in a fear what will happen the next instant in my life. He has enemies who wants him dead and despite hating him for hiding his real identity from me, I still cannot see him injured and losing his life. It scares me to imagine how my future with the Devil King will be.

I look at myself in the mirror. I am decked up as a newlywed bride. I might have dreamed of a happily-ever-after but this is not what I had in mind at all. The werewolf has made it very clear he is not going to let me out of this house or away from his sight ever, which means eloping is not an option. Neither I can run away nor stay as the Devil Queen accepting my fate. Then what the hell am I supposed to do?


Give him a hard time!!

My subconscious is right. I can give this man a hard time so that he realizes our paths might have collided temporarily, but we cannot walk together for long. We have to part ways somewhere in future because he cannot give me the life I want nor I can be the type of wife he and his dark world demands. With that agenda in mind, I begin to undress when Mala knocks the door and gets inside. I hadn’t locked the door?


“You can’t undress yet” Mala instructs.

“Says who?” I shoot a glare at her.

“Me”

And there he is.. The Devil.. Back in my room. I had just unbuttoned my Choli and since he is here, I quickly pull the Dupatta from the bed and cover myself. He is as stuck as I am at the moment. Arnav’s eyes wander a bit on my semi exposed shoulder before he meets my eyes again. Did I just see him gulping? It’s been 3 hours since we completed the pheras and I was wondering why he didn’t show up to drag me down to meet and greet people of his dark world who attended our wedding. But if he is here for that, I am not going to let him succeed taking me along this time. I am ready for a physical fight.


“Always in a hurry to change the situation, aren’t you?” He asks taking a step forward. “That’s right!!” I nod. “And I wont mind hurrying up changing my husband too… very soon”


There’s a promise in my tone but I am anything but serious about this. I am done with one husband already and even if we go separate ways amicably in future, I don’t think I will marry ever again but I shouldn’t have mocked him as the Devil doesn’t seem very happy about it. The moment he strides to me, Mala rushes out, shutting the door behind. I don’t make a move as its too risky. I know he will catch hold of me in no time even if I tried to and it will only show my weakness. It’s high time I face the man he is and he faces the woman I am.


“You are stuck with me for this life and the next and the next Khushi” He says pulling up my jaw strongly to meet his eyes. “So, though I am happy to fulfill all your dreams, your desires to change your husband is not something I will ever let happen”


Well, that’s a possessive thought. I shrug him off using all my strength.

“Very eager to stay married to me Werewolf?” I grumble. “Sorry.. Devil King.. That’s what you are.. right?”

He stares at me with hooded eyes.

“I can’t believe this” I shout. “You knew how much I disliked my father’s dark world and wanted an exit from all of this.. And yet… yet you claimed me as yours?”

“I couldn’t let that Samrat claim you” He snaps. “Neither I could let you get away from this place to die”

“Shut up” I roar. “Stop giving me this excuse. Stop pretending like you want to keep me safe because the truth is, by marrying me and introducing me to your world as the Devil Queen, you have put my life in danger and closed every door of happiness for me”

Now he goes quiet. I don’t realize I have been shivering until he pulls the fluffy quilt from the bed and drapes it over my shoulders. I wriggle to get it off from my body but he forces me to sit on the bed and kneels down at my feet. The DEVIL KING has knelt before me? That’s supposed to be the eight wonder of the world, isn’t it? Silence spreads between us for longer than a minute and he finally breaks it.

“I know you hate this world you are living in with us. The sight of bloodshed scares you; the noise of the gunshots make you cringe and the fear of losing the people you love hurts you”


He rubs my arms over the Quilt, giving me the warmth I need to stop the shivering. I feel good!!


“I am going to keep you as much away from this world as possible, that’s a promise. A Devil King’s promise”


I don’t know what to infer from his words? He wants to keep me away from the world he created but not away from him. How was that technically possible? He rises on his feet but his eyes never leave mine.

“Mala will bring your food. Eat and rest”

His commanding tone is back. I look away. If he thinks he can order me and I will obey it, he is so wrong. In next few seconds I hear the sound of the door shutting. He is gone and I take a sigh of relief. I have no energy left to fight back for the day. I haven’t seen Buaji either. I don’t know where she is and why wasn’t she there when me and Devil took the pheras? Or maybe she was around and it was me who didn’t realize that?


****************

Arnav’s POV


I plunge into the pool, diving deep, to ease my mind. Ever since I have claimed Khushi as my wife before everyone, I haven’t been able to focus on anything else. I have a mission to lead and nothing could come in my way. I get out of the pool hearing my phone ringing on the lounger.

“Aman” I say, answering the call.

“Congratulations”

I know why he is congratulating me.

“Out of all the shocks you have given me so far, this one was the best” he adds.

I roll my eyes, patting myself dry with the Towel.

“Did I disturb you both? I hope you weren’t in the middle of something really important”

I know he is teasing me.

“Not funny Aman. You know on what grounds I had to take this step”

“I know” he sighs. “I still don’t understand was this the only way left to protect her? I mean.. you could have stopped her marriage with Samrat and still kept her single for few more days. Why marry her and..”

“I had my reasons” I cut him off without getting into the details. Aman laughs at the other end as if he knows. He is the only one who can read my mind like no one else can.

“Reasons? I am not convinced Devil. But I hope you convince those to my Bhabhi because I have heard she is a fighter”

Is he scaring me? Heck!! I know Khushi is going to fight tooth and nail for her freedom.

“Did you call me to threaten?”

“Oh, come on” he laughs again. “How can I threaten the Devil King? I called you to inform that the package will be out from Delhi tomorrow morning. It’s highly volatile and should be treated wisely. I hope you know what you are doing with it this time”

I smirk. Who better than me can put that package to better use?


“Thanks for getting this delivered on priority” I say.

“Anytime. You know I can never delay your commands however impractical they sound to be at the beginning, I know no amount of advice from anyone is going to change your mind once you decide”

My eyes roll again at his sarcasm.

“Good night Aman. I will let you know if I need anything else”

“Take care Devil” He gets serious now. “You are actually playing with your life this time”

“You think I have ever cared for my life?”

“No you haven’t” He replies “But that was in the past. Now, you have involved someone else in your life too and you putting yourself in danger is going to put her at risk too. You know what I mean..”


Damn!! I know. I have an additional responsibility now so all my further actions have to be dealt with accordingly. I hang up and return back to my Villa spending the rest of the night, planning my next moves.


*****************


At morning, I am with Shashi Gupta, discussing the package Aman was talking about last night when my eyes suddenly wander at the stairs where I see Khushi getting down. It doesn’t take time for my brains to blow off right then and there seeing her in a skinny Tank Top and Denim shorts. She has tied her hair into a ponytail leaving a few short strands to fall on her forehead. The Sindoor is gone and I don’t see the Mangalsutra on her neck either.


“Mala” she shouts, blowing air on her freshly painted nails, ignoring me and her father completely. “Get me a strong coffee”


Shashi Gupta is as shocked as I am at that moment. We have never seen Khushi in such western outfits in fact we never even knew she had these in her closet.

“Hey Dad, good morning” she places a kiss on her father’s cheek and then eyes at me. “Morning Devil. Hope you had a good sleep last night”


I swallow my anger, trying to comprehend what she intended to do by dressing and behaving so odd. Mala gets her coffee and Khushi takes a seat on the same Couch as me and her father.


“Sorry, am I intruding your talks?” she asks. “I can go out and sit in the garden otherwise”

“No need” Shashi Gupta shouts back. “And what are you wearing? Is this even called clothes?”

“Oh Dad” she grins. “Stop being so old fashioned. I used to wear clothes shorter than this in my college. Chill”


Shashi Gupta rises up on his feet.


“What kind of language are you talking with your father?”

“Enough” I interrupt getting on my feet too. Khushi shows no signs of fear which proves she is doing all of this to only irk us. Obviously, she is hurt by this marriage and the way I have confined her in this house. This is how she has planned to take a revenge from us.. from ME!!

“Arnav I am so sorry that she is behaving so weird”

“You don’t have to apologize” It takes me a lot of patience to act unaffected by the show Khushi has put today. “We have to leave in an hour. Go get ready” I remind and Shashi Gupta throws an angered glare at his daughter before heading back to his room.


Turning my head, I meet Khushi’s mocking stare. She sips the coffee like she is savoring it.

“Too much of heat here” She gets up putting the mug away. “I will take a walk outside”


She is about to cross me when I grab her elbow and pull her back to me.


“Change your clothes and then head for a walk”


I am not asking; I am demanding because I don’t want the other men in this vicinity to see her in this attire.


“Excuse me?” She laughs. “What’s wrong with these clothes?”

“Nothing is right about them” I am so tense and angry right now that its hard to explain. I never thought Khushi will put up such childish acts to infuriate me.

“That’s your thinking” she snaps. “I see nothing wrong in my outfit”


Fine!! I know she wouldn’t agree to change just like that. So the next instant, I lean down and grabbing her coffee mug, I splash the remaining coffee on her dress proving my point. The sudden splash of coffee on her face and clothes, chokes her. Khushi coughs once before glaring back at me.


“Now you have an excuse to change this stupid outfit”


Her nose flares in anger and the next moment she grabs my tea mug from the table and splashes the tea on my Shirt.


“That makes us even, Devil” She scoffs with equal rage and intensity.


What the HELL!! Did she just.. !! Damn!!


To be Continued.




Note: Couldnt draft more. Short part today. 

________________________________________________________________________________


27 comments:

  1. lovely update x both going to have tough times ahead

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome . What a perfect couple. Arnav threw coffee on Khushi's face reminded of Ipkknd and Khushi too splash tea on him But Arnav didn't had any other options . Khushi's Western dress totally blew his mind. Aman seems to be a interesting character. Waiting for Khushi Aman meet. What package Aman is talking about. Arnav is really possessive about Khushi. Hope he realize his love for Khushi. Khushi is still attracted to Arnav and cares for him. Waiting to know more about Arnav. Absolutely love Arnav and Khushi's chemistry. Thanks for the Update😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Khushi is still attracted to Arnav and can't see him hurt. Khushi's dreams are lost and her ways of irritating Arnav is too cute . Arnav do have feelings for Khushi. Khushi's mockery on husband irritates Arnav. Arnav is really passionate and possessive about Khushi. Khushi now belong to a dark world but Arnav understand her emotions. He made such a huge promise to keep her safe. What's Arnav's mission. Nice to see Aman's entry and he seems to be a nice guy. Hope Arnav acknowledge his feelings. Aman is talking about a package. Aman rightly point about Khushi's involvement in Arnav's life. Khushi is back in irritating Arnav in a short and top that too without any signs of marriage. Khushi is really cute. Arnav is too passionate and possessive about Khushi and protective towards her. Arnav splash coffee on Khushi to make her change she too splashed tea. Loved the chemistry between Arshi totally made for each other. Arshi are🔥🔥.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb update..

    Wow khushi decide to give him hard time... totally devil's queen..
    Wow loved the way Arnav said this birth. N next N next❤.. his promise is too top but its imposs6to protect her until N unless he trained her for self defense..

    Wow finally Aman's entry without him there is no ASR..

    So the game begin Arnav-1 khushi-1

    Looking forward

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least she said shevwantrd. Hope asr reveal some day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kkhushi is going to give hard time to Arnav. In this ff they have a intense chemistry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this change in khushi. She is not denying her marriage instead she infuriates her husband with her childish nature. It’s cute. With this update I’m so sure that Arnav is the only one who can give her the freedom she wants. Let’s see.
    Though arnav is wrong to marry khushi like that khushi isn’t right either. She is not innocent she wanted to provoke arnav and escape. She hurried to marry so arnav would help her to elope. All those circumstances made him to marry her. So khushi has a considerable amount of fault too. Awesome update. Thank you sister!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Started again Tom & Jerry games...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Khushi saying "Shut Up" part was amazing.Also,Khushi doesn't acted as childish,if so then how Arnav failed to let her go outdide in her western dress? Khushi should fight back more strongly.😊

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is going to be roller coaster ride.but hope to prove her point she don't cross her limit

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now this seems interesting 😅
    I knew khushi won't sit back quite and arnav he'll do anything gggg to protect her. The mere thought of khushi being the devil Queen gave me enough goosebumps
    As always loved it loved it loved it 💕💕💕
    Biya

    ReplyDelete
  12. Khushi's anger & hurt is justified... Her life has been turned upside down without her consent so she is ought to rebel... But being a naive, Khushi can come up with such childish idea only & instead of irking Arnav that idea just aggravated the possessive side in him for her which resulted into both playing TEA-COFFEE WALI HOLI with each other 🤣🤣 btw Madhu... Weren't the beverages hot?? Atleast Khushi's coffee must b as it was served just than to her... Didn't either of them or both feel the burn??

    Madhu... I'm waiting for Shashi Gupta's conversation with Khushi regarding her sudden marriage with Arnav... Such a big, unplanned thing happened with his daughter & he hasn't tried to talk to her to know her plight or atleast try to explain his own logic to her...waiting to read that...

    Thanks for the nice update Madhu...

    P.S - feels good reading & commenting here after quite many days... Missed your stories, Madhu ❤️

    Love
    Kavita Wadnerkar ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Missed u here Kavita.. Though we were constantly in touch at Insta.. lol

      Delete
    2. Lol... Yeah❤️

      Love
      Kavita Wadnerkar ❤️

      Delete
    3. Yes even I want to read shashi guptas pov

      Delete
  13. I want another update of this story madhuuuuuu plzzzzzz plzzz requesting u fr the frst tym

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful fabulous awesome update madhu

    ReplyDelete
  15. It was so much fun and nostalgic to see their coffee-tea fight ....

    Feeling so sad and terrible for khushi as a girl, and so much disappointed more than angry on shashi and arnav such ignorant behavior towards khushi's sentiments and emotions and this whole marriage fisco, they are taking all this so lightly this shows what value marriages hold for them.

    Arnav's behavior is still can be considered because he is an outsider or whatever but shashi! No! He is a father; How can he be so at eased with all this, he didn't for once seems to pause and think about what must his daughter had been feeling, how she must be dealing with such a blow all alone, how should he support her in this fragile phase, how to help her to relax and all. He didn't even consider to had a talk with his daughter during all this and even after! Instead getting angry on her and rebuking her, and than everyone came running to khushi saying how much his father loves her but for me shashi loves khushi but not before his dark world and his people like arnav as after marriage he came running to arnav instead of getting worried and sitting besides his shocked and unconscious daughter. He may have reasons because we never had his pov till now but even if he will have any reason, his actions wouldn't be justified of leaving khushi to deal everything alone, of not confronting his daughter atleast once.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful update..khushi is giving tit for tat to arnav

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now it's getting intresting loving the update

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hahaha Khushi hope you don’t put yourself into trouble by irritating Arnav. Awesome update

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wohooo Superbbb Update...Am loving this Fictions a lot...This Fiesty khushi is really something...And Arnav uff...Sometime i think Arnav is an Undercover Cop...If this is true then Khushi will have no problem at all to dream about her freedom which she always wanted...By the way last part was awesome...Tea and Coffee wala scene...Waiting for Next Part...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome update... Khushi is a fighter,who is hell bent not giving up without a fight!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow. Khushi is fiesty. But that was one hell of rebellion. Good luck to Arnav to put up with her tantrums.

    ReplyDelete