Like the Page

Total Pageviews

DO YOU FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM? PLEASE DO GUYS :)

The Pursuit (A Spy Romance)

One Hellish Desire

SEARCH FICTIONS ON THIS BLOG

NEW Swoony Romance on my Premium Content

Locked - Part 14 A

 



PREVIOUS PART 


Chapter 14A


Khushi’s POV


This is the best way Arnav Singh Raizada could start to woo me, by introducing me to his family. Not directly to his family members, but through their photographs and videos. Today morning, after breakfast, Arnav called me in his room to talk and this is when he played the pen drive on the Laptop, which has all these photos and videos saved.


“That’s Di..”


A smile creeps on my lips recalling how the other day I barged into this room looking for my Dupatta which Arnav had hidden, not knowing he was doing a video call with his sister that time.


“I had seen a glimpse of her the other day. She is beautiful.” I reply.

“Very” He grins. “Di has got looks from my mother and me from my father.”


He clicks for the next picture and soon I know everything about his family. Nani is the eldest of the family and has been staying with them since their childhood. Arnav’s mom and dad are no more but he has Chacha and Chachi who are very fond of him and Anjali, and treat them like their own children. Akash is that same couple’s son. Sheetal, who is 17, is his cousin Uncle’s son and she is also very close to these two brothers. Anjali who married to some advocate Shyam Jha just lives some Villa’s away from Shantivan and hence she frequently keeps visiting her Mayka which is fine by me.


“And this is Maxi..” Arnav shows me a picture of a Big brown Golden Retriever. My eyes dart in surprise. He owns a dog too? “He is the soul of my family.”

“No way” I gasp. “I hate dogs. I mean.. I am afraid of them.”


Arnav frowns as if I hurt his sentiments.

“He is a good dog. He doesn’t bite and fully vaccinated in that sense. You will love Maxi..”

“Nope” I get up. “I had an incident in my childhood and it was really bad. Once while coming back from school, a dog barked at me and pounced and… No way.. I am not getting in that house if you have a Dog..”


Arnav gets up too and clutches my arms.

“Khushi, relax. I know such accidents leave a bad impact in our mind but trust me Maxi will love you and you don’t have to worry about his presence in the family at all.”


I don’t know but its hard to digest. Even Payal doesn’t like dogs much. How will we both survive in the Raizada family with Maxi around?

“It’s not that Maxi will be around us all the time,” Arnav adds. “In fact, once you know him, you will want him around you every moment.”

“Never,” I snap. “I don’t want a dog anywhere near me.”

“He wont enter our bedroom.. happy?”


Okay. This sounds better but.. I take a deep breath. I haven’t even said a Yes to Arnav’s proposal yet and we are discussing about his dog and Bedrooms?? I decide to openly suggest him something though.


“You don’t have to sacrifice so much for me. You just said Maxi is like a soul of your family. If that’s so, you will need him by you all the time. Maybe you should find another woman who accepts Maxi too with you and your family.”


He looks torn and dejected.

“However sensible that sounds to my mind, my heart rejects your suggestion, Miss Gupta. I promise one day, you will love Maxi as much as I do.”


I don’t know if that’s possible but I don’t argue.

“When you meet him, you will know why he is adorable. He is like a kid who just needs love and attention.”


********************

Arnav’s POV


Khushi doesn’t like Dogs? I never thought about it. Maxi is really a part of my family and we all love him. I still recall how while driving to my office, I had seen a small puppy on the road, afraid to cross, drenched completely in rain and shivering with hunger. I had instantly scooped him in my arms and took him to the nearest veterinary. The doctor treated him and since the puppy needed some rest and care, I got him home. This was two years ago and since then we decided to keep him with us. We called him Maxi, a name which we collectively decided for him. He was close to everyone as he grew up but he was fonder of me and Akash as we always took him for drive every week. I am sure Khushi will love him some day.


I purposely had decided to start introducing Khushi to my family and show him what I really was. She hardly knew me from 9 days and obviously taking a decision of marriage seemed next to impossible so soon. This was my idea to help her make the decision fast. But though she was impressed and happy with my family members, the sudden mention of the dog scared her.


I see her still thinking something deeply and I am sure she has already decided to take a few steps away from me only because I own a dog. I can’t afford that to happen. So, the next instant, I reach closer and cup her face in between my palms.

“Don’t take a decision without meeting my family and Maxi.. Please,” I insist.


She doesn’t say a word. I really have made her speechless. Rather, Maxi did. I scoop her in my arms and she embraces me without minding. This isn’t our first hug, but definitely not an induced or a forced one. For a few minutes, we are lost in a trance. That’s when the door knocks. Shit!! I hadn’t locked it.


“Oops. Am I disturbing you two?” Akash peeps inside the room, intruding one of the best moments between me and Khushi.

“No.. Not at all…” Khushi stutters, putting some distance between us, tucking her hair lock behind her ear. She always looks cute but her nervously playing with her hair is my favorite gesture.

“Thanks Bhabhi,” Akash teases getting inside the room with the files I had asked him to get for me. Akash can be more than a tease and I don’t mind it. In fact, I like the way he is tagging Khushi as my wife already…

“Don’t call me Bhabhi. I am not your Bhabhi yet.” Khushi warns.

“Actually, there is no much difference.” Akash replies. “When my brother decides something, he makes sure to fulfil it at any cost.”


That’s true. I am one of those ambitious men who makes sure to get what he wants. I don’t play dirty but I put all my energy and efforts to ensure it happens.

“Nothing to be proud of,” Khushi gives me a warning look. “Being ambitious in Business is good. Relationships don’t work that way. Especially when animals are in picture.”


I frown and Akash is totally confused.

“Did I hear animal? You called my brother animal? Bhai she called you..”

“Maxi..” I interrupt. “She is talking about Maxi not me,”

“What?” Akash is even more muddled.

“Khushi and Payal don’t like dogs..” I add keenly observing Akash’s face. He is as unhappy as I am.

“Really? Poor Maxi… Both Bhabhis hate him? Too bad..”


I hold my grin as Khushi stares between me and Akash.


“We consider Maxi as our brother so obviously, you and Payal will be his Bhabhi..” I explain.

“IF we agree to marry you both, not otherwise..” Khushi answers turning to me. “You are still free to change your decision.” She adds.

“So are you…” I grin. “I am never going to change mine. Only you will become Maxi’s sister-in-law and that’s final..”


Her jaw drops at my declaration but I also see a faint smile on her lips which she does her best to hide.


“Whatever, Keep dreaming.”


Saying that Khushi Gupta walks out of my room and I turn to Akash.


“You think they can handle Maxi?” I ask, needing an honest opinion.

“Maybe..” he smiles and then his face is gloomy.. “Maybe not.. Bhai.. I don’t know.. Just hope they do. Or else you and me will be bachelors for the rest of our lives while Maxi will keep having baby puppies every year…”


WHAT THE!! I gape at Akash open-mouthed. He is right!! We got to do something about it. SOON!!


To be Continued.


NEXT PART



Note: Part B of this will be posted tomorrow.

Connect me on Instagram
Connect me on Twitter

For those who have already read my eBooks, Your reviews matter and boosts me to write many more in future. So, may I ask you to kindly leave your reviews for these Books in any of the links below? 

Amazon Link for Book Reviews - https://amzn.to/2ShkpW7

_______________________________________________________________


17 comments:

  1. Awesome Update. Hope Khushi will love Maxi too. Arnav's meet with Maxi was heartwarming. Arnav took the right decision to make Khushi meet his family. Khushi will definitely bond with Maxi . Arnav will erase all her fears. Thanks for the Update😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arnav finally introduces Khushi with his family. Khushi hates dogs because of an incident in the past. Arnav Maxi meeting was cute and emotional. Arnav us so fond of him. Arnav loves Khushi so much. Akash saw Arshi hug and adress Khushi as Bhabi . Akash is really very funny. Arnav will have to find a way to get Khushi and Maxi bonded😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. The paragraph about how arnav met maxi brought tears.. made me imagine my brownie 🐶 in maxis place!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww this is such a rom-com updatee���� loved the way Arnav s making efforts to woo khushii.. and I like akash's character here..quite jovial.. waiting to see the meet btw maxi and khushi���� lovedd the update dii❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahahah the cutest update of yours so far from all yours stories so far.. tho I can't imagine Arnav being fond of dogs but it's still cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is cute. Introducing maxi is nice! A fresh change to the story. Awesome update sis! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hilarious.... Fantastic... loving the story so far...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha that’s funny and cute. Khushi and Payal doesn’t like dog 🐩
    Awesome update

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous wonderful update dear

    ReplyDelete
  10. Akash calling khushi as a bhabhi lovely and I'm also sure in futute Maxi will very close to khushi tgan arnav and akash. Arnav introduced his family members to khushi that's sweet gesture.
    Waiting for next update dear

    ReplyDelete
  11. Superb update...like the idea to introduce the family to her ..poor maxi looks like arnav akash really adore him..
    Khushi's is right even I am scared of dog due to childhood experience but let see how she and payal react after meeting maxi..

    Akash is really funny ..
    Looking forward

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome update 😄 soo is arnav introducing his family to khushi but she is afraid of dogs and payal too beczs of dog 🐕 maxi khushi is thinking again to say yes or no to arnav omg this soo much funn to read 🤩😁 abt it arnav and with dogs didn't imagine ever ... only beczs of dogs Khushi is thinking to not say yes is unfair yar and there is no logic in it ...

    ReplyDelete