Like the Page

Total Pageviews

DO YOU FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM? PLEASE DO GUYS :)

The Pursuit (A Spy Romance)

One Hellish Desire

SEARCH FICTIONS ON THIS BLOG

NEW Swoony Romance on my Premium Content

Rise of the Devil - Part 32

 



PREVIOUS PART 


Chapter 32


Arnav’s POV


I would never share my mission details with anyone but I had to with Khushi, if not full, at least a part of it. Khushi was suffocating in her heart for being in dark. I had to give her something to assure her that she was still my priority in life. Ever since I have stopped Khushi from leaving to Denmark, I have got hope of a future. That I have a life apart from the mission I am trained for. But no matter how much I strive to put an end to all this; I am still unable to trace my escape path. There’s a lot for me to clean up in this dark world before thinking of a risk-free family life with Khushi.


We are back in the living room of Sartaj Mansion where the party is still in full swing. The faint smell of alcohol and the dark talks around throttles Khushi but she is still standing next to me, holding my arm. I’m proud of her. She has been faking her presence of mind and interest very well, though I knew all she wanted right now was go home and spend time with me. That reminds me she wants to drink with me. I am yet to consider that even if I have agreed to her for now.


My phone rings and I answer the call which is from Aman. I am sure he has some update for me.

“Is he found?” I ask, hopeful that Aman gives me some positive news.

“Negative, Arnav. We have raided all the farm houses and the illegal properties of Gujrals. But we didn’t find Jaipal. I don’t think its them. Someone else is protecting him and if that’s the case, this whole party idea we put up tonight is waste.”

“Impossible” I bark. “It has to be the Gujrals. Look for him, Aman. We need Jaipal before someone else gets him.”

“Cool down. I am trying my best. If someone from the dark world is protecting him, we should soon have an update.”


I want to punch someone for this failed mission of tonight but Khushi grips my fist and I loosen it not to scare her.


“Alright, just keep me posted.”


I disconnect the call and turn to Khushi who gives me a pained look.


“Don’t lose your mood. I strongly believe where Jaipal is, you will soon find him.”


I nod at her assurance. With Jaipal on the loose, I don’t think I can ever let Khushi get away from my sight.

“We can leave this party in an hour,” I ascertain and a playful smile pops on her lips.

“Leaving so early??” Samrat interrupts us. “The party has just begun.”


Samrat Gujral is not alone, he has other men and women too with him, and of course, the pretty Swetlana right next to him.


“This is my party. I can leave with my Queen when I want to.”


My grip on Khushi’s waist tightens. I can read it in Samrat’s eyes, he has something nasty planned.

“Come on Devil..” Swetlana intrudes. “How can you forget the tradition?”


Tradition? I don’t take long to recall what they are talking about.

“No, that’s not happening” I declare and both Swetlana laughs with the rest of them.

“What tradition?” Khushi asks turning to me.


Soon, we are crowded by more people. I turn to my guards, who immediately stand between the crowd and us.


“What is happening?” Khushi asks puzzled about the whole situation.

“Nothing”

“Oh come on Devil King. It is your wedding reception. Please don’t spoil the fun.” Samrat adds.

“Khushi,” Swetlana continues. “We have been following a special tradition in the dark world. On every wedding celebration like today’s, the women in the party get to bid for the Groom..”


Khushi’s grips my arm, possessively.


“Just for a dance with him,” Swetlana adds, licking her lower lip at the end.


Khushi turns to me and I meet her eyes in no time.

“We are not doing this. No one will bid for the Devil king.” I assure but the crowd cheers us, not letting us backout.


I am very well aware how much possessive Khushi is and I don’t want to upset her by dancing with another woman on our wedding reception. Of course, it was not me who started this tradition, but it’s been followed a lot. I have seen men in my dark world even spending the night with that woman who bids the highest for dancing with him on his wedding reception. But nothing so, will happen with me tonight.


“Oh Come on Devil.. don’t ruin this tradition only because you have to leave early. Or are you afraid your Queen would mind?” Samrat mocks and I am about to give him a straightforward reply when Khushi stops me and turns to them.

“The Devil King isn’t breaking any traditions tonight. Please start the bid!!”


The crowd cheers and disperses and while the guards still secure us, I grab Khushi’s elbow and turn her to me.


“Are you serious?” I snap. “You want to see me dancing with other women?”


She fumes when I mention that but then calms down in a bit.

“Do you think we have a choice? I don’t want you to break any code of this dark world and give them an opportunity to suspect you. They have seen you as a dark brooding man so far. That’s why you are their King, Devil. If you object them now, they might never take you seriously.”

“I don’t care” I shout. “I don’t want to touch any other woman but… YOU”


SHIT!! I said it, didn’t I? I don’t know if Khushi knows exactly what I mean but when her cheeks turn red, I’m aware she has realized the meaning behind my words.

“You won’t.”


She taps my cheek once and then walks away. I have no clue how the next few hours would be but I gesture my guards to keep an eye on my wife! Even if I am away from her, dancing with someone else only for fulfilling this silly tradition, I don’t want her out of my sight. She enters the washroom and the lady guards even follow her inside there. I turn to the group of women who have been busy placing their bids. I am not amused when these women here are ready to give up their penthouses, diamonds, and all part of their luxury items just to earn this dance with me. Even when none of them knew I was the real devil King, they have shown their interest in me but I have always kept them away. I am not someone who could be lured by beauty or body. It’s the pure heart they need to charm me and that only one woman in this party has.. my wife!! Khushi Singh Raizada… The Devil’s Queen.


Holding my smirk, I wait for Khushi to come out and when she does with the guards following her, she is on a phone call. I check the time. Who can she speak to at this hour of night? I am about to reach her when some of the men surround me to talk about some consignment. Ignoring them wouldn’t be nice so I converse.


*****************


It’s an hour later when the host of the party comes on the dance stage. The bid is complete. I have heard Swetlana has also participated in this bid and she has given her two penthouses and a luxury Yacht to win this competition. Obviously, she is the only one who can afford that. She is Rana Pratap’s daughter and she has always got what she wants. Except me!!

Rana Pratap and my father had desired to get her married to me. We were quite young then. He doesn’t know it was me who killed my father. No one knows it in the dark world as there would be questions upon my actions behind doing so. After that incident which took place in this very Mansion, I disappeared. It was only recently after I declared my identity, he came to know that Shashi Gupta’s shadow from past five years was none other than the Devil king himself. Obviously, in these five years we had met but he didn’t know my real identity. He only saw me as a bodyguard, a killer one in that case, and he was still looking for the real Devil King so that he could get Swetlana married to him. But alas, his dreams turned into disappointment when I announced my marriage and my identity together. He didn’t even get a chance to propose his alliance to me. But we talked on phone and he shared his happiness to know I was back to take up the throne which my father left!! HECK NO!! What he didn’t know was that, I wasn’t here to expand, I was here to put an End!!


“Ladies and Gentlemen,” the host speaks on the Mike to gather everyone’s attention. “The result is out and a very shocking one in that case.”


My brows twitch at that statement. Shocking one? I don’t understand. And where the hell is Khushi? I don’t want her to hide in jealousy. She pushed me to accept this bid, I didn’t. I turn to my left and find her making way to me.


“It’s no surprise that every woman in this party and the dark world wants to spend a night with the King of Devil,” the host continues and my face freezes.


How can he say all that before my wife? Khushi reaches me and the look on her face tells me she agrees that’s true. Obviously, a woman can know what another woman feels for her man. Tonight. Khushi has observed almost every woman’s intentions for me.


“It’s unbelievable that most of the women here have given up all their luxury only to dance with the Devil King but … this chance will go to the only woman who has bid the highest.”


I frown when Swetlana who is standing few feet away from me turns to see me and grins. I don’t want her to touch me!! I don’t want any woman to touch me.!! I divert my gaze from Swetlana to Khushi who is keenly hearing the speech. I really don’t understand how can she be so cool?


“So, we had a tough choice in this bid” the host adds. “Between Swetlana Rana Pratap and one more woman…”


The crowd cheers and soon they begin to scan the place to find who amongst these women here could compete Swetlana. Even I am startled. Who can spend more than Swetlana tonight? Just to earn a dance with me?


“The difference in the bid amount was hardly one million,” the host continues and though it brings another loud cheer from the crowd, I see Khushi fiddling with her phone as if she is desperate to know that name too. “So, that woman is…”


Khushi places her palm over her chest and I realize this is going to be difficult for her considering she is possessive for me.


“And that lucky woman tonight to earn this sexy dance with the Devil King himself is none other than the Devil Queen… Khushi Singh Raizada.”


WHAT? I gape at Khushi who winks at me after hearing the winner. She too participated? How? And the money? How did she arrange it in such a short span? I don’t understand.


“That’s unfair” Swetlana scowls reaching us. Samrat follows, just gearing the attention of everyone else around us. “How can she participate?”

“Why can’t I participate?” Khushi snaps with an attitude I have never seen before. “Your tradition said any woman from the dark world who bids the highest can earn this dance with the Devil King.”


They are late to understand this, but I get her point.


“I am already from the dark world as I am a Mafia’s daughter and I have bid the highest. The rule never said the bride can’t participate.”


Apart from Swetlana and Samrat, rest all agree to the point and clap for her. Khushi turns to me and extends her hand towards me asking for a dance.


“Shall we?”

I don’t delay holding her hand and let Khushi lead me to the dance floor. The music changes for a ball dance, and just after a few moves from us, the rest of the couples join us on the dance floor. The light dims and I am lost … in my wife… She hasn’t taken off her eyes from my face neither I from hers.


“How did you manage the money part?” I ask.

Now she grins.

“I managed.. Don’t ask me how..”

“I will” I pull her close. “I need to know how you arranged crores of rupees for winning this bid? You asked your father?”

“Oh please.” She hits my chest. “I have other sources you know and I am a married woman. Why will I take money from my father when my husband already has so much?”


Wait!! What the hell does she mean?


“You used My money? WHICH MONEY? I .. I never gave u access to anything yet.”


Khushi giggles.

“I know you didn’t but that doesn’t mean I am not aware you are a billionaire..”

Her reply brings me to a stop.! We are no longer dancing.

“Which money did you use Khushi? And how?”


She becomes serious seeing me so annoyed.

“Hey.. relax. I just called Aman and he told me that there is tremendous amount of black money that you have recovered by closing down the dark businesses of these mafias. And the government has already given you your share, which you haven’t touched so far. I asked Aman to transfer me some and he agreed.”


Aman!! That damn man!! How could he share all this with Khushi so easily? Khushi cups my face to break my reverie.


“Don’t tell me I did anything wrong. I’m not ready to see my husband being touched by any other woman, even if it is just a dance. Do you hear me?”


I hold her wrist and kiss the inside of her palm. That’s how I wanted to reply and she gets it. But right now, all I want to do is take her back home. We dance for a few more minutes and then we are out!! Before anyone could see us leaving..


To be Continued.


NEXT PART

Connect me on Instagram
Connect me on Twitter

_______________________________________________________________

VIDEO TRAILER - EBOOK - BACK TO YOU - NEW SNIPPET

VIDEO TRAILER - BACK TO YOU

29 comments:

  1. That was smart Khushi and I am excited for next part

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Update. Khushi saved Arnav from Swetlana and Arshi danced. Khushi is too possessive of Arnav. Swetlana's plan totally failed.Aman is of great help. Thanks for the Update😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kya baat hai Khushi... You ROCKS!!!! Arnav is speechless 😶

    ReplyDelete
  4. May be swetlana and her father is behind jaipal escape after all they too want to remove khushi from their way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Arnav is finally thinking of a life with Khushi apart from his mission. Hope that day comes soon when Arshi will be away from the dark world. Arnav is yet to fulfill Khushi's wish of drinking and jaipal is yet to be traced. Like the way Khushi support Arnav. Swetlana is disgusting. Arnav knows how much Khushi is possesive about Arnav. Arnav's confession was amazing. Arnav wants to protect Khushi. Arnav should reveal his true feelings for Khushi how he considers her as one and only. Swetlana's dream of marrying Arnav crashed totally. Khushi participate in the bid and became the winner. Khushi totally rocked. Arshi went to their own romantic world while dancing. Aman helped Khushi to use Arnav's money and win the bid. Khushi is too possesive and Arnav is equally romantic 😍😍. Waiting for the next part 😍😘

    ReplyDelete
  6. Classy Khushi truly a devil Queen
    Can we please have another update of ROTD please please please
    As always loved it 💕💕💕
    Biya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesomee update diii.. hope to get another update of the same..❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. The best update of this FF so far.. I can never get enough of this FF.. please one more update if possible please.. I never want this FF to end. I just love this Arnav and Khushi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome update am really proud of khushi in dis ff thanks di

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwesome. I am there with them in every single one of your stories and you are so talented that you weave a completely different story around these two characters so effortlessly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Khushi became very smart and mature. Tackled swetlana and samrat very well, if arnav didn't perform that tradition they will suspect, she participated in bid won it.
    Khushi supporting arnav for his mission by tolerating dark world and their annoying presence.
    Aman is very helpful and become very close to khushi within one meet.
    The way arnav priorise khushi,understand her state without she voiced out and openly admitting he want khushi only. Lovely.....
    Waiting for next update dear

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow... good idea Khushi😄 Using his money for earning a dance with him...too good🤣

    ReplyDelete
  13. Khushi and her way to win. Beauty with brain🥳🥳

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely update, words are less to describe

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am intrigued to know from where did you get this idea of husband biding ritual😂 anyway a fun update waiting for next.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gawdddd... What a ritual🤯... Good that there r no male readers here otherwise they won't think twice before planning to implement this idea of husband bid in their own marriage 🤣🤣

    But Khushi outsmarted all the cunning women & smarty pants by her one calculated move 👍 Even Arnav was gobsmacked 🤣 U go girl 💪 Shwetlana's face must have literally turned shwet after seeing all her vicious desires & plannings going down the drain 😬 well, u deserve that after taking panga with the devil queen herself who is hell possessive for her devil king 😍

    Loved the update, Madhu... Thanks 😘

    Love
    Kavita Wadnerkar ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loved it. But one more update pls.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful fabulous update madhu

    ReplyDelete
  19. 😂😂😂👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
    Khushi rocks and devil shocks😎😎😎
    Good going girl👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 keep going...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Superb update...
    Loved the way arnav spoke to khushi...
    Too good khushi showing confidence in him and calming him down..

    Is samrat and swetlana hiding the jaiphal?

    Wow loved the way khushi win the bid...too good aman..
    Loving the team aman and khushi

    Looking forward

    ReplyDelete
  21. Im jealous and feeling insecure too. Why it is that in every story arnav is shown the only man left in the world for women to desire and went crazy for. Is khushi any less!!! She is gorgeous.
    Its usually with the case with women but in fictions its opposite and i guess its coz mostly writers are girls and so they fan girl the hero only.
    But i wanna say tbh khushi is way more beautiful and perfect than any of the cast of the show. She is natural beauty with a blessed toned body and looks. So she deserves the admiration which just arnav gets everywhere.
    And here, im with arnav that how can the host say every women in the party wants to spent the night with him!!! And that too infront of his wife!!! Its so insensitive and horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous update. Khushi very smartly handled the bunch of idiots. Love the update. Hopefully can see another update Madhu 🥰 thank you ☺️

    ReplyDelete