Like the Page

Total Pageviews

DO YOU FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM? PLEASE DO GUYS :)

The Pursuit (A Spy Romance)

One Hellish Desire

SEARCH FICTIONS ON THIS BLOG

NEW Swoony Romance on my Premium Content

Locked - Part 19B





Chapter 19B



Khushi’s POV



Payal and I get down the car as it parks at the large foyer of Shantivan. This is going to be our future home. I turn to Payal who is as nervous as I am at the moment.


“Girls, where are your smiles?” Dad asks and it surely brings smiles on our faces.


He stands between us and soon we stride to the main door. I’m keeping my fingers crossed from not being welcomed by a barking dog!! If that happens I might scream and run away which is the last thing I want to do coming this close to the man I am going to marry.


Hari Prakash opens the door for us and soon the Raizadas welcome us with open arms. Payal and me take Nani’s blessings then Akash’s mother hugs us kissing our foreheads. Akash’s father is next and he looks overexcited to meet Dad and they quickly gel together. The two have spoken a few times on phone calls recently which is why they don’t need to warm up. Arnav’s elder sister Anjali embraces Payal and then me.

“I’m so excited to meet my Bhabhis” she says. “My brothers are lucky to get such beautiful and intelligent wives.”


I hold my grin.

“Anyways, meet my husband Shyam Jha.”


I say hello to him and so does Payal. He looks very fond of his wife as Arnav had told me before. He’s all praises for us but keeps teasing his wife whom he fondly calls Rani Saheba beats every beautiful woman on this earth. I agree. Anjali di is gorgeous. I liked the netted sarees she wears. I have seen her pictures in Arnav’s mobile and that seems to be her style. She mostly wears Sarees only. I hope someday I can carry the Saree as well as she carries it.


“Rani Saheba, call your brothers. Why are they hiding like brides?”


That’s exactly my point. Where is Arnav and Akash?

“Shyam, they both are handling a few business calls.”

“Now? When their would-be wives have arrived?”


I have the same question. How can Arnav get engrossed at work now? He should be here to make me comfortable. I am so nervous. But so is Payal. We get seated at the Couch with Dad, surrounded by the rest of the Raizada family when Akash finally joins us.


“Sorry.. Couldn’t skip the calls,” he apologizes and quickly takes Dad’s blessings.

“Bless you Son.” Dad hugs him and pats his back. “Work comes first and I don’t need to tell how much awed I am with my daughter’s choices.”


Akash shies and I see him sharing a quick glance with Payal.

“Bhai will be here in few minutes. He’s talking to a grumpy client and it was unavoidable.”

“I can totally understand.” Dad adds.


Akash takes a seat next to Dad. We all continue the chat. I really loved the family. They are good people and their thoughts and smiles aren’t fake. They are simple family from Lucknow who settled down in Delhi. Nani tells us how Arnav’s father and his brother Manohar Raizada (Akash’s father) strived hard to start AR group and then how much efforts Arnav and Akash put to get to new heights where it is now. Dad couldn’t be prouder than this. While he talks to Akash, my eyes keep wandering at the stairs which leads to Arnav’s bedroom. I am sure he’s taking this call from his bedroom. Talking to a grumpy client can spoil his mood too and I hope that doesn’t happen. Since he’s going to meet dad for the first time today, I just hope he shows his best side. Though I have never seen Arnav showing off his attitude to people, I still worry if Dad will like him as much as he liked Akash.

Meanwhile Manorama Chachi keeps talking to me and Payal. Chachi wants to know what we know to cook. Nani is impressed to know Payal knows Lucknow style embroidery work and knitting too. Though I am not very good in them, she’s awed by my sweet making talent.


“Khushi bitiya, next time you are here, I want you to make Jalebis for all of us,” she commands and I quickly accept.

“Sure Nani. Anytime.”

“Nani..” Anjali intrudes. “Chotte needs coffee in his room. Don’t you think we should send Khushi with the Coffee?”


My jaw drops as I see them blushing.

“Why not? This is Khushi and Payal’s home now. They can go wherever they want. Akash…” Nani calls Akash and asks him to show Payal his room.


Dad is more than happy for the same. And Anjali di drags me to the kitchen and hands me a cup of freshly brewed coffee. She tells me where Arnav’s bedroom is and I happily take the Coffee there. I quickly stop at the mirror at the lobby to check myself. I’m wearing Arnav’s favorite color – red which has recently become my favorite too.

I am about to push the door open when I hear a soft bark of … Maxi and my feet glues to the spot. My body tenses and becomes cold as I actually see Maxi looking at me from almost 10 feet away. He’s left loose and there is no one on this floor who can save me if he runs to me. Damn!! Cold sweat beads form on my face as I see Maxi advancing towards me. I want to shout for help but words choke in my throat.


Please go away.


I shut my eyes when he’s hardly two feet away from me, gripping the coffee mug tight. I feel wetness on my feet. As if someone has just licked off my feet. I open my eye, one at a time, only to see Maxi licking my feet, making cute noise.


Shooo… please go away..


“Maxi” Arnav’s voice from the door finally calms me down.. He’s here!! He can save me from this dog..


The moment Maxi hears his voice, he runs towards him and Arnav bends down to snuggle him. I take a sigh of relief.


“Good boy.. you scared Mumma.. did you?” He asks stroking Maxi’s head.


Maxi jumps on him and I am yet to decide if should run away from both or stay and watch them play with each other. Arnav in a business attire. Grey suit and a crisp white shirt. But with Maxi, it feels like he’s totally in his usual self. Loving and caring!


“Did he scare you?” Arnav asks me and seeing me still cold and numb, he realizes I need him more at the moment.

He takes a step towards me but Maxi follows so he stops.

“Stay” he commands the dog who obeys his order and sits right at the spot, letting Arnav alone stride to me.


Arnav takes the cup from my hand and keeps it on the table aside. The moment my hands are free, I give him a tight hug. He hugs me back!


“Hey.. you are shivering..” he murmurs, worried of my state.


He’s about to pull away from me but I stop him from breaking the hug.

“Don’t leave me alone.. please.” I plead.

“Sshh. I am going nowhere. Just taking you to a better place where we can talk and I can help you calm down.”

I don’t speak a word but yes, I am shivering.

“Do you trust me?” He asks possessively and since replying is difficult, I just nod my head.

He leans down and carries me in his arms. Soon, we are in his bedroom. I look behind us to see if Maxi followed us but thankfully, he’s still on the same place where Arnav commanded him to sit.


He makes me sit on the recliner and then kneels at my feet. I don’t leave his arm. I am just too scared.


“It’s okay.. Maxi won’t come inside until I ask him to come. Relax..”


I nod but my hold on his arm doesn’t loosen. Arnav gently takes my hand in his and kisses his fingers. He then rubs my palm to give me the warmth I need. He better hugs me to do that. I keep staring at the door.


“Khushi, he’s just a dog. Not a predator who will eat you up.”


I swallow. He won’t understand the fear I have for dogs. As if he reads my mind he nods accepting it.


“Okay, fine. I swear Maxi wont come before you again until you are comfortable. I will ask someone to take him away until you are all here.”


No!! I don’t think that’s a good thing to do. Poor Maxi.. Also, I see some regret in Arnav’s eyes too for making this decision. He’s about to dial someone when I snatch his phone.


“It’s fine.. Just let him be there.. Don’t leave my side though.. I want you to be around when Maxi is.. also around.. You know what I mean?”


Now he smiles.


“I know what you mean.. And I will be with you forever sweetheart.. But Maxi is a good dog. He’s never bit anyone and he’s trained. You will love him too, I am sure about it.”


I put a weak smile on my face. Loving Maxi seems scary right now but yeah maybe someday we all will be a happy family..


To be Continued.




Connect me on Instagram
Connect me on Twitter

________________________________________________________________

NEW REELS - UPCOMING BOOK - BACK TO YOU - RELEASING THIS WEEK


REEL 1 

NEW VIDEO REEL - BACK TO YOU

REEL 2




17 comments:

  1. Awesome Update. Maxi is so cute. Maxi and Arnav's bond is beautiful. Khushi got really scared. She hug Arnav and Arnav is very romantic and supportive. Hope Arnav removes her fears and Khushi will too start loving Maxi slowly. Thanks for the Update😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally Khushi Payal along with their dad reach Shantivan. Khushi is really scared of dogs. Khushi and Payal meet Arnav's family. Akash's dad and Khushi's dad share a nice bond. Anjali is also happy and Khushi wants to wear sarees like her. Khushi's dad already like Akash. Khushi too likes Arnav's family and came to know about the brothers achievements. Nani want Khushi to make jalebis. Anjali's idea of sending Khushi with the coffee is amazing. Khushi meet Maxi and got scared of him but Maxi is so cute. Like the way Arnav address Khushi as Maxi's Mumma and comforted Khushi. Maxi is very obedient and Arnav very supportive. Hope Khushi will be sharing the same bond with Maxi and Arnav removes her fears😍😍.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo sweet update..and the bond maxi n Arnav shares..tooooo cute.. he just obeys what Arnav says.. waiting fr khushi to warm up with maxi.. waiting for nxt update dii..❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way arnav and akash adore the pet..so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see Khushi, Payal and their dad are finally in Raizada’s house. Haha Khushi is too scared of maxi “can understand that feelings😜”
    Awesome update

    ReplyDelete
  6. Khushi's too much scared and the way arnav comforted khushi beautiful. Maxi first meeting with his mumma, not too bad. Khushi didn't run away shouting....
    Arnav understand khushi fear, planned to keep maxi away from family for awhile so sweet. And khushi understand arnav feelings for maxi stopping arnav. They are sharing very sweet bond.
    Waiting for next update dear.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. No kidding the fear about dog barking is a fear. And how come Maxi didn’t bark seeing new members at home for first time?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Short but sweet part 😁😁 Madhu darling pls update it's next part today itself....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fear is a fear.... Hope everything will be ok...

    ReplyDelete
  10. How about 1 adventure of both khushi & payal with maxi & family enjoying it..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome fabulous lovely update dear

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maxi & his mumma finally met 😍 Good that he didn't bark in excitement but just licked her feet to express his love otherwise his parents would have gotten divorced before they could even get married 🤣🤣

    Let's see how Maxi & his mumma furthermore get familiar to each other 😊

    Thanks for the nice update, Madhu.

    Love
    Kavita Wadnerkar ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  13. Even I was sitting with finger crossed to not encounter with over excited maxi.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww loved how Kushi was introduced as Mumma. THis is such a cute story loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice part 1 and 2..
    Totally loved the way arnav spoke to khushi and assured her..
    Maxi is awaiting for khushi and payal to mingle with him

    ReplyDelete