Like the Page

Total Pageviews

DO YOU FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM? PLEASE DO GUYS :)

The Pursuit (A Spy Romance)

One Hellish Desire

SEARCH FICTIONS ON THIS BLOG

NEW Swoony Romance on my Premium Content

Marriage Jitters - Sample Chapters





Standalone Romance Novel of Accidental Marriage Series Book 1 

Billionaire Viren Dewan’s sister was getting married in one month and Event Manager Tarini Kaur bagged that project to plan her wedding. She struggled organizing the wedding as Viren Dewan’s classy extravagant attitude kept hurdling her work. Least did she know they had a history together, a knot which his family easily forgot and hers denied to accept. What would happen when that past resurfaced?


A roller coaster ride of a forgotten accidental marriage, claiming its identity between Innocence versus Power.


SNEAK PEEK Of Marriage Jitters. Read HERE

READ ON AMAZON KINDLE

BUY  PDF (Indian Readers ) by Netbanking/eWallet 

BUY PDF by PAYPAL

International Readers/Indian Readers can BUY PDF by CARD HERE


Chapter 1

Tarini


I am doomed. My two-way walkie talkie radio stops working just an hour before the event. How am I supposed to handle the entire gala at the Minister’s house without it? I need to coordinate with ten different teams to know what their status at the Gala is. I pause my hurried steps to breathe. This event and every other that I have planned and executed so far in my career of 5 years, have given me an opportunity to learn and grow. I, Tarini Kaur, have faced worse problems than this and still managed to come out winning. ‘I can do it’ has been my mantra. All I need is a touch of my lucky charm. I remove the half silver coin from the sling bag hanging on one of my shoulder blades and adore it. This was my grandmother’s gift to me when I was hardly four or five; I don’t remember exactly why she gave me this and when, but I know it has always helped me fix my problems. Whenever I hold it close to my heart, I find solutions to every difficulty blocking my way. Once again, I clutch this half silver coin to my heart and shut my eyes. When I open them again, I see one of the guests doing a group Video call using some social app on her phone. That’s it. I got my solution. Technology has advanced so much in the past few years that communication has never been this easy and reliable like it was now. I quickly dial my team manager Shobha Rao, whom I call as Shuby. She works for me from past 3 years.


“Shuby” I shout as soon as she answers.

“Ma’am, where are you? Why are you not responding on the walkie talkie radio?”

“It’s dead. But that’s not a concern anymore. Check with the team if anyone knows which app can help us with a group audio or video call. We can communicate with each other that way”

“Alright. Will get back to you. Where are you now?” Shuby asks.

“Right before the Stage. Why are the lights so dull here?”

“I will ask Sameer to check”

“The gala starts in 55 minutes Shuby. Let’s get this sorted”

“On my way”

My team is the best. Each one of us has slogged from past one month to give this event the best finishing we could. Within few minutes the group calling app is decided, downloaded and installed on our respective phones and we begin the group call. Guests have started pouring in. Sushma, the guest coordinator has her team working superfast to get the guests checked-in and familiarize with the gala theme. Raj, the head of the catering and his team is super quick to fulfil every demand at the Bar counter and the Buffet. Two things always make an event great. Food and music - And we have left no chance to ensure these are the highlights of this Gala. The Chief Minister of this state always throws a lavish gala at his farm house in Panvel, Mumbai on his birthday and today happens to be his 50th birthday. His secretary had contacted “Merry Planners”, my joint event management company with my best friend Rachna, a month ago and since then we began our work with full enthusiasm. This is not a political event but we had enough pressure to ensure nothing goes wrong.

“Cake, bring the cake” I command on my phone and the lights jingle as the special 50Kg Cake is brought down through a machine operated pulley decorated with Yellow roses. No one had expected the cake to fly down from the sky. It was Rachna’s idea backed up by my approval. I was initially against this silly plan but now when I see the smile on the Chief Minister’s face, I want to praise Rachna for her unique thoughts.


The party continues and I am on my toes to make sure it’s well managed until the last guest leaves the premises. Me along with my assistant Shuby have assembled at the garden after the event completes.


“Well done, Merry planners” CM Sir’s secretary applauds us for our hard work. “CM Sir has recommended your Event management company to some of his close friends and political circle. And guess what? Before exiting this event, you have bagged another contract already”


I am amused and extremely happy. Wish Rachna was here to hear it. Rachna’s mother-in-law is ill and needs her attention full time. That’s why she coordinated offline for this Gala and looked like even for this next project she would have to contribute in the same way.


“Here” the CM’s secretary hands a file to me. “That’s your next project if you happen to accept. Viren Dewan’s sister is getting married and they want Merry Planners to organize that destination wedding. You can contact Viren Dewan’s assistant and he will guide you through the rest of the details”

“Thank you” I thank him and once he is gone, I dial my business partner and friend Rachna to inform her about this new Project. She is thrilled when I share the proposal.

“I told you Tarini” she screams. “We have opened the doors of fame and success for us. I can’t believe we would organize Viren Dewan’s sister’s wedding. He is a billionaire.”

I don’t know anything about Viren Dewan but somehow that name strikes an unknown chord in my heart. I don’t waste my time and energy in analyzing it though.

“But we have just one problem Rachna” I mention. “This wedding is going to happen in Delhi”

“Obviously, Viren Dewan stays in Delhi. So?”

“So, I cannot go there”

“Wait, you cannot go to Delhi? Why?”


I have never shared this little mystery of my life with anyone so far.


“Tarini? What’s the matter? Why can’t you fly to Delhi?”

“Karan Bhai doesn’t want me to go there. In fact, when we started this business together, he had strictly informed me not to take any Client from Delhi. He doesn’t want me to step in that city no matter what. He thinks that place is cursed for me”


Rachna laughs.


“This is insane. We are no longer working for just local clients Tarini. We have expanded in the last few years. We cannot reject such a big opportunity because projects like these knocks only once at our doors. Come on. You can convince him”


I doubt that.


“I will try”

“Good. I will coordinate with the assistant of Viren Dewan and let you know”

“I can do it Rachna. It’s hardly a phone call”

“I know Tarini. But you have slogged so much in the past few days. It’s time you take a night’s rest. Let me handle this while you convince your brother and get ready to fly to Delhi. Once my mother-in-law recovers, I will directly join you there”

I accept and drop the call.


**************

Two hours later, I stand in the gallery of my one-bedroom apartment, sipping a cup of coffee. I could drink Coffee at any hour of the day. Rachna has spoken to the assistant of Dewans and they want to meet us with the team in Delhi as soon as possible. I cannot delay informing Karan Bhai about my next trip. I speak to him and his wife once or twice every week. They are my only family. After my graduation when Karan Bhai asked me what plans I had for my future, I immediately shared my idea of setting up a joint event management company with Rachna. He didn’t believe I had such huge plans because it needed huge budget. But when he heard our ideas and saw the determination in us, he agreed to assist me financially. If it hadn’t been his support, I would have never reached this stage of my life where success and fame were kissing my feet already.


My thoughts take a pause as I recollect, I have to share my travel plans with him. I know he will freak out knowing about Delhi. I still don’t understand why he doesn’t want me to step there? Karan Bhai is not orthodox but he strongly believes that city is not made for me. My phone buzzes and I am surprised to find its his call. I answer in no time.

“Bhai”

“Taru.. Congratulations. I heard your event went well”

“Yes. And we have got another project too” I reply proudly.

“That’s great news. What’s the event this time?”

“Destination wedding”

“Just your forte, isn’t it?”

I smile. Merry Planners have organized dozens of weddings so far and this is our specialty.

“Where is this wedding?”

“Udaipur”

I don’t lie. Rachna told me that the Dewans had plans of Destination wedding in Udaipur but the engagement was going to happen in Delhi. I just hide that part from my brother. I don’t want to lose this opportunity. It is just not about me. Merry Planners is Rachna’s too. I cannot deny a contract based on my personal reasons.

“Udaipur is a beautiful place” Karan bhai replies.

“Of course, it is. You had been there for honeymoon" I remind. “What is Bhabhi doing? Didn’t speak to her last week”

“She is helping Akash do his homework”

Akash is my 5-year-old nephew.

“I wanted you to come here and spend some time with us Taru. It’s been 6 months since you took a vacation.”

That’s true. I have been so busy this year that I couldn’t fetch time to meet my family.

“Chandigarh is not very far from Udaipur Karan Bhai. Once I finish this event, I will come to see you all”

“Promise?”

“Promise” I laugh at his childish tone.

“Okay Taru. I won’t take much of your time. When are you flying to Udaipur?”

“Tomorrow”

It’s not a lie. I am flying with my team tomorrow; not to Udaipur but Delhi. I so hate myself to hide this fact from him.


“Have a safe flight and keep calling. Love you”

“Love you too Bhai. Good night”


I finish the call and put my coffee mug away. I have no time to ponder over this lie anymore. I pack lots of Salwar and fancy Lehengas. It’s obvious I cannot run around in formal or casual clothes when the whole family and guests would wear vibrant color traditional attires during the various wedding rituals. I don’t want to standout but blend in. And before I forget, I pack my backup Bluetooth earpiece. Tomorrow night I am flying to Delhi to plan the biggest event for the billionaire family – The Dewans.



Chapter 2

Viren



My sister Ria looks no less than a Princess and she has finally found her Prince charming in my closest friend Uday Khanna. I still cannot believe she and Uday dated at my back and I had no clue about it. I roll the paperweight on my working table as Ria sketches out a vague idea of how her wedding should be. She is so excited. A week ago, she and Uday informed us they wanted to marry and I, Viren Dewan, took my own sweet time to stamp my approval on their relationship. Uday has been my friend since a long time and he is almost my age, three years older to Ria. He is one of the top ten eligible Billionaire Bachelor in the country, with me leading the list. He belongs to a renowned builder family and I am more than happy to give my sister’s hand to him.

“Veer” Ria clicks her fingers to draw my attention back to her. “Did you hear my plans? What do you think?”

Veer is my nickname which only my family members are allowed to call and though Ria is younger to me, she too calls me the same. I give her a half smile and snatch the diary from her where she jotted down her ideas for the destination wedding.


“Isn’t this all dreamy?” I tease. “Stop reading those fictional romances Ria. Real marriages are more than such fancy weddings”


She frowns when I don’t approve her ideas and stands up in defense.


“Veer, you haven’t met your match yet. Once you do, I bet you would want such a dreamy fancy wedding too”

Our mother Lata enters the drawing room. Since she has heard Ria’s statement on my marriage, I am sure she is going to make a comment too.

“I am tired looking a match for him. His conditions are just so weird that I am even scared to put them forth before the girl’s families” my mother taunts.


Ria chuckles dragging my mother to the couch and takes the coffee mug from her, passing one to me. Despite having dozens of servants in Dewan Mansion, me and Ria both love the Coffee which Maa makes for us.


“Weird?” I sip my coffee. “Would you mind elaborating which part of my conditions you found weird Maa?”

“The living together part” she replies. “Before marriage”

I roll my eyes.

“How would you feel if Uday had asked Ria to stay with him for some months before fixing this marriage?” she asks.


Ria’s blush is enough for me to apprehend she would have loved it.


“I wouldn’t mind” I reply. “It’s their lives and they have full right to know each other before taking such a huge step”

My mother gives me a horrified look but Ria comes to my rescue.


“Maa, the society has changed. This is all too common now. I think Veer’s conditions are genuine”

“Ria? You will always support your brother, I know. But have you thought about your grandmother? What will she go through if she knows about Veer’s conditions? She will never allow this”


Maa is right. My grandmother is a typical orthodox woman who has never appreciated the norms and changes of the modern society. Luckily, from past few weeks she has been to Haridwar and wasn’t here when I laid my conditions about marriage.


“Convincing Daadi is the hardest part” Ria agrees.

“Why are we discussing my wedding?” I debate. “Ria is getting married in a month. Let’s focus one thing at a time”

“Veer, what happened to your multi-tasking skills?” Ria teases. “There will be so many beautiful girls during my wedding, why don’t you pick one of them and see if she and her family agrees to your condition?”


I stop playing with the paperweight.


“Thanks for the offer Ria but no thanks. I don’t want distractions during your wedding. Maa” I turn to my mother who is still worried for my future. “I have listed the best event management companies who can plan this”

“That won’t be necessary Veer. Ria has already chosen Merry Planners to plan her wedding”

Merry Planners? I have never heard that name before.

“In fact, I even asked your secretary to give them a brief idea about our expectations and fix an appointment with us. They will be here tomorrow” she adds.

I am amused at this news.

“Merry planners? Who are they? Do we even know them?” I snap. “This is Viren Dewan’s sister’s wedding and I want everything to be perfect”

“Veer” Ria reaches me. “I have seen their work. You remember last year I had been to my friend’s wedding in Mumbai?”

Oh! How can I forget that? Ria was out in Mumbai last year for 3 weeks to assist her friend in her pre-wedding photo shoots and other rituals. Uday too was there for his official work. They met there and soon started dating.

“It was organized by Merry Planners and trust me; I loved every bit of their arrangement. That’s when I decided when I get married, I want them to plan it out”

“I want the best for you” I argue. “How can I assign such a big responsibility to someone I don’t even know well?”

“Trust me Veer” she cuddles me from behind. “Merry Planners are the best. In fact, why don’t you join me and Mom when they come here tomorrow? You can judge them yourself”

This sounds like a good plan.


“If I don’t like them, I will fire them off immediately without your consent” I declare.

Ria sighs in disbelief.

“What if you like them? Will you pay them double?” she mocks.

“Ria”

“Okay fine” she agrees. “They will be here by 10:00 tomorrow. Be there and now I am leaving. I have a Salon appointment. Mom, would you come along?”

“No Ria. I have so much work to do. I will fix another appointment for me”

“Okay. Love you. Bye”

Ria leaves but my mother doesn’t. She reaches me.

“I forgot the most important topic for which I came here”

I listen patiently. If it’s that important, it has to be about my marriage.

“Mrs. Verma’s daughter Jyoti has returned to India. I have called her to meet tomorrow”

“Thanks for the update”

“That’s just not an update. I want you to meet her and see how this goes. She has stayed in London from past few years and is very open to talk. If she and the Verma family agrees with your living together conditions before marriage, we will shift Jyoti to Dewan Mansion, so that she can attend Ria’s wedding closely and you will get time to know each other”


My head spins. So far, my mother has just shown me the pictures of the prospective brides, this time she wants me to meet one of them.


“I will meet her. Happy?”


She smiles at my easy reply.

“You know I wouldn’t have push you so much to get married this year but that’s your grandmother’s decision”

I know that too. Daadi wants me to get married by the end of this year. She thinks my stars of marriage aren’t very good if I miss this window.

“When is Daadi returning from Haridwar?” I ask.

“Not until Ria’s engagement. She cannot skip an auspicious Puja there”


I am not very religious but I have never stopped my family from outpouring their beliefs for the almighty. I don’t interfere in theirs and they never force me to be a part of these Pujas considering my busy schedules. I have an empire to run. Dewan textiles, Dewan Constructions and Dewan Shipping. I am handling it all alone after my father’s demise. Ria is least interested in business so it’s all on my shoulders.

“Your Coffee must be cold. Let me get you another one” Maa insists and leaves the room.

Jyoti Verma! I hope this woman whom my mother wants me to meet tomorrow is worth my time and efforts.


*****************

Next Day


“Peter, send the reports home. I am not coming to office today” I command my Assistant manager while struggling with the tie. Ria’s wedding is keeping me very busy at home yet I don’t want to miss my commitments at work.

The door knock brings my gaze on the servant who is waiting for my attention.


“Sir, your mother’s guest is waiting for you in the drawing room”


My mother’s guest? Oh. She must be Jyoti Verma. Maa and Ria have gone to a temple this morning and hence I am the only one left to entertain this woman until they arrive. After all she is here for me.

“Inform her I am coming” I say before returning to my muted official call. “Peter, I will call you back”

“Sure Sir. Also, the Merry Planners team are visiting your Mansion today”

“I am aware of that. Send me the reports. Don’t be late”

I drop the phone call and stride out to meet my prospective bride. As I step inside the drawing room, the sound of the tinkling bangles forces my attention on her. She is standing before the chain of cactus pots which are planted at one corner of the room. Though I haven’t seen her face yet, my body is drawn to her. I don’t know why I feel we have a connection already. She is wearing a Simple Salwar with a contrast designer Dupatta on her shoulder. Her dark black long hair ends with curls on her waist. Before I could admire her more, she hisses.


“Oucch” The cactus hurts her finger.


I am alarmed and make my way to her.

“Life is like a cactus, prickly… yet beautiful”

She jerks by my sudden intrusion and I am blessed by her beautiful face. She sucks the drop of blood from her finger and smiles at me. I know she is assessing me too because it takes her a minute before speaking.

“Wow.. I … That’s a wonderful saying” she fetches for better words probably but fails but I just analyze her voice which is so sharp yet sweet.

“You are quite punctual” I say checking my watch. “Maa told me you would be coming sharp by 10”

“Oh yes. I don’t like wasting time”


I am little impressed by her statement. I don’t like wasting time either.


“This way” I guide her to the couch where we both get seated, opposite.

“Where is Mrs. Dewan?”


Why is she being so formal? She can call my mother Aunty like Ria calls my mother’s friends. I don’t ponder over that for long though.


“She and Ria have gone out. They will reach any moment. Till then we can begin”


She hesitates a bit.


“We can wait for them to come. If we discuss this together, it will save time. And we will get their ideas too about this marriage”

Why does she want to involve my mother and sister in this conversation? I don’t like that. I might be soft spoken and easy to talk, for my family, but outsiders fear me and never challenge my decisions.

“That’s not necessary. If you agree to my terms, only then you might want to talk to them. Otherwise this meeting is over right here.. right now”


She feels offended and its visible in her expressions. But she clears her throat.


“I am aware of your conditions Mr. Dewan”

“You are?” I ask intrigued.

“Yes”

I want my prospective bride to stay in this house with me so that I get to know her personally. That’s my condition. And I am surprised that she is already aware of it. Probably my mother must have told her. Suddenly the idea of seeing her every day under this roof, getting to know her more each day, felt good.


“So, you don’t have any objection to stay in this house?” I reconfirm.

“Stay here?” she is shocked. “I am sorry Mr. Dewan but..”

“Viren” I interrupt. “Call me Viren. Mr. Dewan is too formal”

I have shocked her again. She shifts in her seat. I hope I am not making her uncomfortable.

“How.. how can I call you by your name Mr. Dewan?”

I don’t understand what is so strange about that? She might have lived abroad for years but she doesn’t need to be formal with me or my family.

“And why would I stay here?”

“So that we get to know each other better” I answer. “You don’t believe in wasting time neither I. This is the best way to stay close and get over with it. If you have a problem, this meeting is over”


She takes a minute to think and then agrees.


“Fine. If you insist so much, me and Shuby will stay here”

“Shuby?”

“My assistant. Wherever I go, she goes. If I stay here, Shuby also stays”

I don’t mind, though I don’t understand why she needs an assistant?


“There are ample of servants to take care of you in this house. You can skip your assistant” I debate. “But if you insist to keep her here, I am okay”


She takes a sigh of relief.


“Condition 2 – Whatever I say goes in my family. The same applies between us. I will always have the upper hand in this relationship. You will follow my instructions and will abide by my conditions. No questions asked”

I am affirmed we will argue over it but when she readily agrees again, I am stunned.


“That goes without saying Mr. Dewan…. Sorry..I mean.. Viren. The Client is always right” she chuckles.


Client? Did she just call me Client? Her willingness to approve all my conditions without much ifs and buts confuses me. Either she is very eager to get married to me or I have met the wrong woman.


“There she is”


I hear Ria’s voice as she rushes inside. They are back from the temple.

“Hi, I am Ria Dewan” Ria introduces herself.

“Tarini Kaur”

I freeze. Tarini Kaur? She is not Jyoti Verma?

“Of course, I know you” Ria replies. “I have seen you and your work in my friend’s wedding. That’s why I insisted my family on having you here. It’s really my pleasure that you and your team will be planning my marriage”

“We will do our best and I assure you, it will be a wedding to remember” she assures.

“Who the hell are you?” I bark at her.

“Veer” my mother interrupts. “What’s wrong? You were speaking to her and now you are asking her who she is?”

“I thought I was speaking to Jyoti Verma” I snap.

“Jyoti?” my mother laughs while I still keep my gaze fix on the subject of my interest – Tarini Kaur. “Veer, Jyoti got some urgent work so she isn’t coming here today”

My jaw clench automatically. I don’t like people rescheduling such meets at the last moment.


“Veer, she is Tarini, from the Merry Planners. She is not your prospective bride” Ria turns to me holding her giggle.


The moment Tarini hears that statement, she analyzes the whole situation again and I am even more embarrassed.


“Anyway, Tarini, give me and Mom 30 minutes. We will freshen up and then let’s discuss the plan” Ria suggests.

“Sure”

My mother and Ria leave the room, forcing me and this woman Tarini to be alone again. She stares at me embarrassed.

“I am so sorry Viren..”

“Mr. Dewan” I snap. “I am Viren only for people close to me. For the rest, I am Mr. Dewan”


She flinches and I see her stiffening too.

“Sorry Mr. Dewan.. I ..”

“Where are your etiquettes Miss Kaur? You call yourself a professional and don’t even know the basic rule of it?” I take a step towards her. “You must introduce yourself before starting a conversation with a new Client. If you had told me who you were, we wouldn’t have wasted so much time. I .. wouldn’t have wasted so much time on you”

She looks at me pissed.

“I know I should have introduced Mr. Dewan but when you began the conversation, I thought you already know who I am”

“Another mistake” I growl. “Never assume Miss Kaur. Assumptions can turn your Business into losses in no time”

She exhales. I realize she is suppressing her anger.

“Sorry about that again Mr. Dewan”

I smile sarcastically.

“You have apologized thrice in the past 3 minutes. I wonder what kind of wedding you are going to plan for my sister”

“Mr. Dewan” she snaps. Her tone outrages me. No one has ever used that tone with me. “Let me remind you, it was you who were confused with the identity, not me. And coming back to my profession, I have planned dozens of weddings in the past five years and none of them ever had any complaints. You might do a background check if you want to”

“Don’t teach me what to do” I scowl back.


I don’t like people like her advising me. What does she know about me? My business? My smartness. I point two fingers at my eyes and then turn those towards her, making her very clear I will have my eyes on her. I mean on her work. One mistake and I will screw her business. With that promise, I leave the room and Miss Tarini Kaur alone.


Chapter 3

Tarini

What the hell just happened? I was here with my assistant Shuby in Dewan Mansion to discuss the Wedding plans of Ria Dewan but when I reached here, Shuby got a call and I had to leave her out so as not to be late. I didn’t want the Dewans to wait for us. The servant greeted me like I was some celebrity and though I was little doubtful when instead of making me sit in the living room, he had made me wait in the posh drawing room of the Dewans, I never realized he took me for someone else. And then I saw him. The very famous Viren Dewan. Last night after checking into the hotel, I had googled this man and about his family. My first impression about him seeing all those pictures of him on the internet, was that he is a stubborn and arrogant personality. And I was right. Out of the three members of the Dewan family, I wasn’t hoping to meet him first. I look at my bruised finger which still hurts by the cactus prick. Viren Dewan is no less than a Cactus. If his looks are scary so is his tone and behavior. I decide to avoid him as much as possible during my stay here.

“Hey, we are back” Ria and her mother enters the room. “Where is Veer?”

“Uh, he left” I shrug.

“Doesn’t matter. We will begin with the discussion. You came alone? I thought your team would accompany you”

“They are here in Delhi but it’s just me and assistant right now”

I am glad Shuby enters the room at the same time. I introduce her to the Dewans and we begin.

“Sorry about that misunderstanding. I think Mr. Dewan got upset” I mutter.

“Don’t worry. Veer can get bossy not upset” Ria’s mother replies. “I am Lata Dewan, Ria and Veer’s mother”

I smile at her while Shuby quickly removes the recorder from the bag.

“With your permission Ma’am, whatever we discuss will be recorded so that we don’t miss out anything. We will listen to your ideas and share ours. It would be a basic summary of the wedding plan for now and once we are clear what exactly you are expecting, we will come out with the detailed plan and proceed after your approval” I say.

“Sounds good to me” Ria smiles.

She looks cute and has got her mother’s features. Viren Dewan is so unlike his family. Like two poles apart. I wonder how they handle him.

“First of all, very congratulations Miss Dewan for your wedding”

“Thank you” she blushes. “Don’t be so formal. Call me Ria. I think we are of the same age”

Age doesn’t matter, we aren’t of the same class. The Dewans are like ten thousand times richer than me and my team. And using formal names makes me professional. But whatever Client says, goes. I want my work to impress them.

“Thank you, Ria. We hardly meet clients as friendly as you”

“Aww” she smiles again.

“Let’s begin?” I ask earning a nod from the Dewans.

Shuby clicks the recorder to record our discussion. Ria starts mentioning her plans and what exactly she is looking for, in her wedding. She really is dreamy and wants a wedding like they show in Bollywood movies. Typical ones. Theme wedding, destination wedding is very common these days and Merry Planners have experience in all of them. I don’t really intrude her and Mrs. Dewan. Me and Shuby are in listening mode. Ria wants a Destination wedding in Udaipur which we knew already but the engagement would happen here in Delhi because that’s how the Groom’s family wants. I listen to all of it and to be honest, I know this would be the biggest event so far for Merry Planners. The budget is huge and so would be the efforts from our side. We have to excel in this not only because it’s a mere Project for us but its somebody’s wedding. Planning weddings have always made me emotional and nervous too at times. I don’t really know why but it’s the most sacred knot which I feel very blessed to work on.

“That’s it” Ria stops. “At least for now”

“Great and I must say you already have pictured everything in your mind. Usually our clients are very confused on what they need and always wait for us to plan out and explain. But you have made our work easier”

I am not just saying this to impress the Dewans. I mean it. The servant comes in and informs Lata Dewan about some call. She quickly excuses us and promises to return soon. Whilst Ria and Shuby talk, I decide to make a quick call to Rachna. I know she must be waiting desperately to know what is happening here.

I leave the drawing room and stop at the patio which is closed by walls on one side and the other side overlooking a beautiful garden. I can only imagine how huge this mansion is and if Dewan’s really give a go-ahead, I wouldn’t mind planning the engagement of Ria Dewan here in this green lush garden. I quickly speak to Rachna and give her the summary of what happened here so far. I don’t want to take long. So, I wind up quickly and turn around to leave, only to bump with someone. I lose my balance but I don’t fall. He holds me still in his arm. When I open my eyes to see who saved me from falling, I see the familiar arrogant face of Viren Dewan and I freeze. His eyes sparks and I am unable to read why? Suddenly he goes all stiff again and pushes me back to my feet.

“I am paying you for doing work here Miss Kaur. Not making personal calls”


There he goes again. I hate people who don’t care for other’s sentiments or urgency.

“It was a professional call Mr. Dewan. Merry Planners have two heads. Me and my friend Rachna. Whatever happened here, I had to update her too”

He takes a second to absorb my words.

“Why is she not here then?”

“She will be handling things offline”

He rolls his eyes. I don’t understand what amused him so much. I don’t give him any more details apart from that.

“So, you are telling me you are alone going to handle such a big wedding?”

Before I can reply, he steps towards me again and I am forced to step back.

“Miss Kaur, some of the top and best event management companies are waiting to plan this wedding. I don’t understand what Ria saw in your Merry Planners to give the contract to you. But mind you, if you don’t fulfil our expectations, I won’t take a second to throw you out. So, you better be careful and not mess this up”

I am raged by his unnecessary threats. I haven’t even begun to work here and he is threatening me? I want to shout back but I can’t. He is our Client. I have to be polite and show patience.

“I assure you Mr. Dewan, you won’t regret hiring us"

I don’t wait for his approval. I just turn around and head back to the drawing room. Little did I know he is following me.


ALSO READ 

___________________________________________________________________________

5 comments:

  1. Can u write all ur non arshi stories here in blog with arnav and khushi as characters. I want to enjoy reading them even more. Wen i read all the others I can imagine only arshi. Please fulfil my wish☹️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have already read it...loved the story

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey....in one chapter Asha is the mother of Viren and Ria.....but in next chapter Lata......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous story. Loved it a lot 😍.

    ReplyDelete