Like the Page

Total Pageviews

DO YOU FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM? PLEASE DO GUYS :)

The Pursuit (A Spy Romance)

One Hellish Desire

SEARCH FICTIONS ON THIS BLOG

NEW Swoony Romance on my Premium Content

Rise of the Devil - Part 38




PREVIOUS PART



Chapter 38



Arnav’s POV


Akash’s guarded expressions as Khushi leaves the room, tells me he is going to take enormous time to change his attitude towards her. I hate it already. Akash and I have been cousins but more than real brothers. I want him to accept Khushi just like everyone else in the family has.


“It seems last night the Gujrals have shifted their base location. Samrat and his father have never been this secretive like they are this time.” Akash informs.

“I am aware” I swig my coffee. “I doubt this is to provide extra protection to Jaipal if they are hiding him.”

“If Jaipal and Gujrals are together in this, they will play their first trick very soon Bhai. You have to be cautious. I have asked Aman to increase your protection.”

“I don’t need protection, my wife does. Jaipal has threatened me to take her away.”

Akash sighs.

“I know. It’s not that I’m going to let her away from my sight. But promise me you won’t be playing anything apart from what’s decided between us already. No more surprise meetings with the Dark World.. especially Rana Pratap and the Gujrals.”


‘Long live the Queen then..’

I remember these lines from Rana Pratap which he said the other day. It was more of a warning than a blessing. Something is fishy with that man. It’s hard to show trust on anyone in the dark world considering they all want my place.. they all want to rule this kingdom which I am.. I wont be surprised if even loyal people like Rana Pratap turn their heads against me.


“What are you thinking?” Akash’s question breaks my trance.

“Keep extra eyes on Rana Pratap. I think he’s involved with Gujrals against us.”

“Rana Pratap is not someone you can keep extra eyes on Bhai. He…”

“I don’t trust him anymore..” I shout, the fear of him hurting my wife overtaking my control and calm.


Akash exhales audibly.


“I will do my best.”


We continue talking about the rest of the stuff before I ask him about Nani.. He tells me there’s no much change in her which suffocates me.


“She’s asking about you. What should I tell her? It’s been so many months you haven’t met her Bhai.”

“I will come to see her soon. With Khushi.”


Akash doesn’t object the idea of me getting Khushi along which soothes me for the time being.

**********************

Khushi’s POV



An hour later, Devil comes back in the room and finds me reading the same mafia romance novel which I left incomplete the other night. I give him a warm smile but he looks serious and displeased. He gives me a tight smile before heading for shower. I utilize the time to get our dinner ready at the table down. When he comes back in his simple night clothes, I can’t help admire the man he is!! He’s a king of devils for the mafia world, he’s an undercover secret agent protecting the country and he’s also a husband who would turn the world upside down to save his wife from harms way.


“Akash didn’t wait for dinner?” I ask as he takes his seat.

“He wouldn’t!! Don’t expect him to ever meet you as a family. He’s always in his work mode.”

I shrug.

“I feel sorry for Sheetal.”


Arnav plainly nods.

“It’s not that he’s cold with Sheetal. He is a good husband, Khushi. Just that he doesn’t like getting too much attached to people because of this mission. I was trained the same way.”


I pout, a bit nervous if Arnav would also turn back to this hardcore man like Akash is someday. As if he reads my mind, Arnav pulls my arm and makes me sit on his lap.

“I don’t think I can ever go back to my old self for you.”

Thank God!! I smile as he tucks my hair lock behind the ear.

“What have you done to me Angel?”


Angel? I blush. This is the second time he’s calling me by that name and I already love it. I keep watching him until it becomes evident, we both want something more than that. I kiss him first and when he joins, the kiss is as toe-curling and satiating that I forget we even have to dine. The buzz of the microwave from the kitchen breaks our moment.


“Let me get the Bitter gourd curry.”


I get down from his lap. When I return with the bowl, he smiles holding a spoon.

“You ordered?”

I frown!!

“I cooked it for you. Nothing served to you tonight is ordered.”


The gleam in his eyes cannot be missed. I serve him the rest of the stuff and we begin eating. There’s more appreciation in his eyes and smile as he eats. I realize he has loved what I cooked for him today.


“Buaji told me these are your favorite dishes, so tried them first.. She helped me..”


He nods. “You can be an amazing cook if you keep doing this every day for me.”


I laugh. I don’t think I can cook everyday but if it makes Devil so much happy, I might. I don’t talk about Akash anymore neither dig about Arnav’s mission. I’m aware he would tell me things if they are really important. That much trust now we have established between us.


*****************


Same Night – At some corner of the dark world


Samrat barges in the dark room which is filled with enough smoke to turn a normal man to a passive smoker. He coughs before glaring angrily at the man standing in the corner, looking outside the window.


“Devil doesn’t need to kill you.. You will die of smoking one day, Jaipal” Samrat mocks.

Jaipal, the man Devil and his team are so madly looking for, turns around to face Samrat, putting off his remaining Cigar.

“Everyone is dying Samrat. It just matters who dies first.”


Samrat laughs, striding inside the room.

“You are right. It matters who dies first and since you are siding with us, it’s definitely not us but the King dying before us… And then we… the Gujrals will be ruling the dark world..”


He laughs happily, expecting Jaipal to join him but when that doesn’t happen, Samrat pauses to stare at the man who’s gone blank suddenly.

“Don’t you want the same?” Samrat shoots his doubt.


Jaipal nods.

“I do. But before the King dies, I want to kill his Queen.”

“No.” Samrat’s instant response surprises Jaipal.. “You won’t do anything like that. You want to snatch her from the King, I will support you for that. But after that, she’s mine.. I will get to decide what to do with her.”


Jaipal groans in anger.

“She’s a Spy, Samrat. Don’t even think about saving her life. How do you think the police raided all your Guest houses during Devil and her wedding reception? She fooled you… Devil is blind. You don’t be one.. She’s burnt your drug factories.. Why do you think she even became a queen of the Devil? She’s acting innocent.. she’s not. She’s in this for a purpose and that is to destroy all of us.. Don’t you effing come in between her and death when I kill her..”


Samrat grabs Jaipal’s shirt and pins him to the wall behind.


“Don’t act smart Jaipal. Don’t forget you are alive because of us… because we Gujrals gave you a place to hide. Otherwise by now, you would be a dead meat. Devil’s men would have shot thousands of bullet on you for that open threat you gave him to snatch the Queen.”


Jaipal throws a deathly stare at Samrat.


“You are just going to do as we say henceforth.. You get the Queen from Devil and then she’s mine.. You and I both part ways and the fate of Khushi will be decided by the Gujrals not you. Are we clear?”


Jaipal punches Samrat’s face who stumbles back. He is about to pounce back on Jaipal when his father stops them.

“Stop it you two.. Just stop fighting like this.. We are allies now. We have to watch each other’s back.”


Samrat wipes the blood from the corner of his mouth.

“Then tell him father, he has lost the rights to make decision anymore. He is surviving on our crumbs.” Samrat scorns again.

“Enough, Samrat. Just leave this room right now.”


Samrat glares at his father and Jaipal before storming out.


****************


Arnav’s POV


I stir in sleep but the sharp noise of the ringtone doesn’t seem to stop. It can’t be morning this early which means this isn’t the alarm. I open my eyes and see Khushi sleeping peacefully beside me. She’s a deep sleeper and such ringtones will not disturb her sleep. I grab my phone which has been ringing continuously. It’s Aman!! Why is Aman calling me at 03:00 am? This has to be urgent!! I answer the call immediately.


“Hello..”

“Tell me you didn’t do it..” Aman shouts..

“Did what?”

“You didn’t kill Jaipal, did you Arnav?”


Kill Jaipal? What is he talking about?


“What?”

“Arnav, Jaipal is dead. We have recovered his body from one of your old den in the town.. the place which belongs to the King of this dark world, which is you.”


WHAT? Jaipal is dead? How?


“Aman what the hell are you talking?”

“I am giving you the biggest news of the dark world Arnav which has already landed you in a big trouble in our department. You knew it we didn’t had to kill Jaipal.. We … We had to bring him in so that we could get info on his smuggling and women trafficking which he does to the other nations…”


Damn!! I get down the bed. Khushi is awake and she watches me with confused expressions. I don’t have time to discuss this with her. How can Jaipal die? How can he die when he had just given me the warning to snatch Khushi?


“I didn’t kill him, Aman. And you got to trust me.” I snap.

“Trust?” Aman laughs. “I trust you but what about the rest? This is not the first time you have gone against our orders. You were asked not to put your life in danger by openly passing on the message to the dark world that whoever is supporting Jaipal will die along with him… and yet you didn’t listen to us. Akash had warned you a thousand times and you have gone against his orders too. Now he and our superiors think you killed Jaipal in the fear that he would hurt the woman you love.. They think you acted against them for your wife… That you neglected their direct orders for saving the life of your woman, Arnav..”

“LET THEM GO TO HELL THEN” I bark. “I didn’t kill Jaipal and if they think I did.. I am giving them no explanation..”


I disconnect the phone and throw it on the Sofa before striding into the bathroom. How? How can Jaipal die? If I didn’t kill him, who did? Who can kill him if not me? Gujrals? Rana Pratap? Or someone else who’s using this situation in their favor? I just don’t understand!


“hey..” Khushi gets inside the bathroom. Her ragged breathing shows she’s equally panicked by that phone call. “What happened?”


Before she can get in, I stop her by my hand.


“Just leave me alone..”

“But..”

“I said leave me the **** alone..” I growl and she stumbles back at my reactions.


Tears spring in her eyes. No!! No No No!! This is not what I wanted to do.. I didn’t want to hurt her.. She is about to leave when I catch her wrist and pull her to me. I take her in my embrace, so tight that she cannot even think of struggling to get off my grip. She doesn’t even try!! But she doesn’t hug me. I have hurt her.. I didn’t want to but I hurt her..


We stay like that for no idea how long until the thoughts of how to handle this situation, floods my mind again. I pull away from her and stare her face.


“I have to go see your father now. This is urgent.. Go to sleep.”


And with that, I leave her alone. I don’t want to but there are too many things which needs my attention fully and I hope she understands this…


To be Continued..



Connect me on Instagram 
Connect me on Twitter


ALSO READ TODAY'S POST ON AMAZON KINDLE SUBSCRIPTION HERE
________________________________________________________________

Have you read BACK TO YOU? Don't miss to Grab your kindle copies and read this Enemies to Lovers Standalone Romance. 





















YOU CAN BUY THIS BOOK ON AMAZON KINDLE

Reviews Below 

1: BOOK READER:  Rajveer and ananya love story is very warm and nice. From childhood enemies to marraige to pretending couple in front of family to giving another chance and being together again is a rollercoaster ride. But very beautifully penned down. ❤❤

2: ANU VENKAT: I have been an ardent fan of ur writing n loved the story line..I felt like I was cast in a spell while reading it n have read it in one go..
Loved the characters Rajveer n Ananya.. beautifully portrayed ..
Loved it n luv u loads..❤️❤️


3: PRIYA: Best book I have ever read...
Loved Rajveer's character the most
And I must say madhuri mam's writing is captivating..


4. KINDLE CUSTOMER: It's a fabulous read, really loved the way madhu portrait every character,s,and the family bonding ,good one like a breeze


5. MANNY:  The love story between Ananya and Rajveer is simply superb . how they transformed from enemies to true husband and wife is very nice. Very pleasant to read . I definitely recommend this book.


6. SARIKA OZHUKIL: Read this story in one streach. Loved the charactirization of Rajveer and Ananya. And the meddling families. Waiting for your next book Madhuji

________________________________________________________________

KINDLE DEAL OF THE MONTH - HIS DESTINED BRIDE - EBOOK @ INR 49




KINDLE DEAL - HIS DESTINED BRIDE - EBOOK @ INR 49

His Destined Bride (The Bride Series Book 2)  


Jahaan Singh
 and Niyati's marriage was accidental but there was a spark in their relationship from the moment they had seen each other at the marriage canopy. While Niyati was not interested in marriage or relationships, Jahaan couldn't lose her to maintain his Royal Tag and family status. Sorting a middle way was their only option left. But what would happen if his Ex Bride returned?

A fun loving, romantic story of a Royal Heir and his commoner destined Wife.

READ on Amazon Kindle HERE


25 comments:

  1. Awesome Update. Finally Jaipal is dead. Samrat's dad killed Jaipal and framed Arnav. Samrat is disgusting. Arnav hurt Khushi but also console her. Thanks for the Update😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the hell!! Jaipal is dead... I guess it's Rana Pratap... He is trapping Arnav to avenge his daughter's broken heart, I guess...

    Arnav is in a big trouble & he has to find the real murderer soon.

    Thanks for the update Madhu

    Love
    Kavita Wadnerkar ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pleeeeeaaaaseeeeeeee back to back updates this time

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope Akash accept Khushi. Samrat and his dad are protecting Jaipal. Akash want to protect Arnav but Arnav wants Khushi's protection. Rana Pratap and the Gujral's are together and want to harm Khushi. Dark world is really terrible. What's the problem between Nani and Arnav. Khushi loves Arnav's protective side and is still reading mafia novels. Akash is behaving little odd but Arnav explained him nicely. Arnav is becoming romantic and called Khushi angel . Love Arshi moments. Samrat is really cheap he wants Khushi. Jaipal is dead. Rana Pratap or Samrat and his dad may be involved. They framed Arnav. Aman is also not trusting Arnav. Hope Arnav comes out of the problem soon and find the real culprit. Please give the next part tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya, "understand(ing)" is the only thing left and written on her fate, it seems.

    Btw, imagine just imagine IF after all this or during a very crucial point it is revealed that khushi isn't spy or just a queen of dark world's devil..... but..... actually the GOD OF ALL DEVILS and QUEENS!!!!!! Goshhhhhh, it... It will be sooooooooo🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥. Till now all the talks and speculations regarding khushi being undercover is making sense and pondering. And it will be extremely wonderful, amazing and earth shattering to see such twist.

    I know its totally impossible for such kind of twist especially when it comes to woman, FL can't be shown such super powerful forget about in comparison to ML. But what to do this "imagination" has its own mind and horses who run around with 440volt speed😜😜😜🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am rooting for this twist, if it happens.

      Delete
    2. I hope so too, now, as many ppl liked it 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

      Delete
  6. Am I the only one thinking khushi could be actually a government spy and Akash or someone very close to Arnav is the missing piece to solving all this dark World puzzle. I get it they murdered Jaipal because he is now high risk hiding him, and I also get they may have gotten all the information they need from him to suspect Arnav's betrayal and team with the inside mole within the government to frame Arnav and make him surrender. I think Rana is a spy too or a devil in his own right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg.. this story is such a thriller..so many twists n turns..n am just loviiing it dii..want another update of the same diii..*pretty please* ��..loved the update dii ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope this not the trap to kidnapp khushi

    ReplyDelete
  9. I might sound silly
    But kkg should stop crying now,
    It's new to her okay
    But she should stop now

    ReplyDelete
  10. Back to back update plz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh it’s getting out of control now. Hope he finds the real murderer of Jaipal and finish this soon. It seems like gujrals but I have a doubt about that. Nice update. Thank you 😊

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow very trilling update. Jaipal is dead and the blame went to Arnav. They’ve think one step ahead then Arnav. What’s going to happen next!!! Interesting

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG new prb, just bcz samrat and his father. This going to be pretty for arnav from dark world and his department.
    Arshi moments very lovely. Arnav protectiveness towards khushi increasing day by day.
    In the tension arnav lash out at khushi, hopefully everything will be fine.
    Hope akash won't blame khushi for this mishap. He is unwantely having grudge again khushi.
    Waiting for next update dear.....

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is going to more interesting....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice update...
    Arshi relation is progressing.. loved the trust khushi has on arnav..

    It was Gujral who helped jaipal bit now who killed jaipal??
    Arnav has to be more alert now as everyone knows his weakness is khushi

    Looking forward

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think Smarat’s father killed Jaipal to frame Devil…..but why, is he aware of Arnav’s real identity. Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous wonderful update dear

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow wonderful it's getting trickier hope arnav doesn't lose his cool and I wish khushi gives him the calmness and solace to tackle the situation

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow simply wow..... Now is there a role for Sheetal in this story or is she just a name that is mentioned?!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Arnav's move kinda of back fired . Akash is very professional he doesn't show off his love for sheetal I guess just to protect her and keep her out of all. But Arnav wear his heart on his sleeve. But Hope so Arnav find out some way and tackle Dark world. Akash will definitely tackle officers he will never leave Arnav Alone or put him in some trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Omg jaipal got killed 😳 i think gujrals killed from smarat's father or someone else its a mystery and framed arnav in it placing his body in his den omg know how wil he prove that didn't do it 😱 .... I just hope aman and akash save and support arnav from this Plezs post it soon

    ReplyDelete