Like the Page

Total Pageviews

DO YOU FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM? PLEASE DO GUYS :)

The Pursuit (A Spy Romance)

One Hellish Desire

SEARCH FICTIONS ON THIS BLOG

NEW Swoony Romance on my Premium Content

Locked - Part 3

 



PREVIOUS PART 




Chapter 3



Khushi’s POV


So, Arnav Singh Raizada remembers me too and he had seen me three years ago in his sister’s wedding. That was my first assignment which Dad sent me for to complete. Me and Payal had recently started assisting Dad to run Gupta Sweets and Snacks which was famous already. The growing business was worrying dad as he had no helping hand. He was getting old and having no son to take over the reins of the Business, Dad started taking a lot of stress. That’s when me and Payal promised to share his workload. Initially it was tough to handle so many branches of Gupta Sweets & snacks but later we divided it between the three of us and even assisted each other in times of need. I recalled how we bagged this biggest Lucknow Sweets order for a wedding and since we were specialized in Lucknow sweets, I couldn’t let dad down when he asked me to handle this client. Right from ensuring the best quality of sweets till it was delivered successfully at the wedding venue, I was a part of it. I had personally visited the Wedding event and though I never got time to congratulate the newlywed couple, I still met the Matriarch of the family – Devyaniji who coaxed me and my team not to leave until the wedding completes. I had never seen such a lavish wedding and that’s when my eyes had fallen on the most handsome man in that event. Though I didn’t know his name then, I was told he was the bride’s brother and was surrounded by beautiful women who had their eyes casted on him like he was their favorite candy. Obviously, men like him didn’t had to try to get women’s attention and I hated that attitude and ego they carried as if every woman on earth was made for them. So, despite throwing a dozen of glances at him, I tried hard not to fall in his radar and soon, I was off that venue. But it was hard to skip that face and though I didn’t know his name, he still haunted me in my dreams. I had this silly habit of framing stories with my eyes closed, while going to sleep and in those, this man had already shown me heaven.!!

“Khushi”


I almost jump from the bed when Payal pats my shoulder.

“Hey.. its me” she is equally scared seeing my hyperventilating state.

“Gosh. You scared me” I touch my heart trying to ease it down.

“I called you twice but you were so lost that I had to pat your shoulder. What were you thinking about that got this sweat on your face?”


She tries to touch my face but I shrug her away. I don’t think Payal needs to know my little secret.

“Nothing. Are they ready? We need to discuss and finish this once for all”

“Poor brothers. The thought of doing the household chores has got them worried. But anyway, they are waiting outside. Let’s go”


I quickly nod and sanitize my hands before heading to the living room. Akash is busy on his phone texting someone whereas Arnav Singh Raizada is fiddling with the TV remote to put a decent channel. As soon as we reach the living room, they focus on us rather than the Phone and remote respectively, which I appreciate.

“So” I exhale. “Do you have any experience doing household chores before?”

“You are not interviewing for a housekeeper, are you?” Arnav mocks.

“I am serious” I say. “If we know what each one of us can do, it will help us divide the work accordingly”

“I can sweep and mop” Payal exclaims. “I know this is a big house so a bit of help could do”

“I can assist you” Akash quickly replies. He looks more than eager to do this.

“You?” Payal reconfirms. “Are you sure?”

“Of course. I used to do this in London”


Arnav’s brow arcs in surprise.

“In London?” he asks. “Enlighten me when you did any of that Akash?”


Akash tries to wink at him and though that was meant to be hidden from me and Payal, I am quick enough to catch.

“Bhai.. how could you forget?”

“Oh yes” Arnav grins. “I think I have seen you holding a broom before. Means you can sweep and mop”

“Broom?” I interrupt. “In London?”

“That’s not the point Khushi” Arnav gets up from the couch. “We have a vacuum cleaner in this house and it will be easy for Akash and Payal to use it without putting much efforts. So, sweeping and mopping will be their task”


Both Payal and Akash nod in agreement.

“I will cook. Lunch and dinner are on me” I mention. I am expert in cooking and most importantly I love doing it.

“Lunch and dinner both?” Payal looks worried. “You will need help Khushi..”

“What is Bhai for then” Akash interjects. “He can cook too. Right Bhai?”


Does he have a choice? I turn to Arnav whose face is a bit hard to read. I think he has loved the idea of cooking with me.

“I am in” he mutters. “What about breakfast?”

“I think that we can do that based on our preferences. Me and Payal will make ours, you two can cook for yourselves”

“Done” Akash shows a thumbs up.

“Gardening anyone?” Payal asks. “We have to water the plants too. Tyagi told the gardener can come only after we finish our quarantine period”

“I will take that up” Arnav willingly contributes this time. I am surprised.

“Bhai loves Plants. You should see the poolside adjoining his bedroom.. it’s full of beautiful plants” Akash adds.


Poolside? I swallow. Somehow the idea of having a private pool and a small garden attached to the bedroom has been my idea of romance in those little stories I made up at nights.


“You and gardening? Sounds a mismatched combination to me” I tease.

“Just like you and cooking sounds mismatched to me” he mocks back.

“Wait a minute” Akash intervenes. “If this is how you both are going to bicker all the time, I don’t think we will get to eat anything. So, please can we request you both to be cordial with each other?”

“You don’t need to request me Akash. I am not the one who starts the argument”

“You don’t finish it either though” I snap.

“God, its waste talking to you two” Akash sighs. “Should we begin Payal?”

“Can you please get the vacuum cleaner from the store room?” she requests nicely and Akash readily agrees.

“I am in the kitchen” says Arnav. “Come soon”


I roll my eyes and turn back to my sister who is still admiring Akash walking to the store room. I literally have to click my fingers to get her attention.


“Oh sorry” she blushes.

“Why are we not in one team?” I ask.

“I am done being in your team all the time. I need a change” Payal’s bold reply makes me grin.

“I see someone is changing.. Akash seems to be the reason behind it, isn’t he?”

“Maybe” she blushes again.

“Payal… I need a hand here..” Akash shouts from the store room.

“On my way” she shouts back and hurries away.

“Khushi… I am waiitttting..” This is Arnav’s voice from the Kitchen and I cannot help the grin on my face. The next 13 days are going to be a lot interesting.


****************


Arnav’s POV


“Would you mind if I quickly shower and be right back?” Khushi asks the moment she steps in the kitchen and I take a quick look of her attire. In the same Black pants, Red Tank Top and that messy hair bun, she looks edible. If she keeps flaunting herself like that, I might never help her cook.

“Why? Not comfortable in pants to cook?”

I love teasing her as much as she loves mocking me all the time.

“I don’t cook before taking a shower. That’s been my routine all these years”

I grab some veggies from the refrigerator and take it for washing.


“You don’t look that traditional kind to me who believes cooking can be done only after a fresh shower”


Looks like I offended her. She strides in, leisurely and taps a finger on my chest.

“Then you need to learn a lot about me Arnav Singh Raizada”

I grab her wrist.

“I am open to learn anything and everything about you”

She flinches and struggles to set her wrist free which I let go the next minute.

“I need you in 30 minutes here” I declare.

“What?” her eyes widen again. “Who are you to decide my shower time?”

“Your partner” I pause to hold my smirk. “your kitchen partner I meant”

“Look Arnav…”

“I am looking Khushi..”


I stare at her intensely and she looks away for a second and meets my eyes again challengingly.


“You don’t get to dominate in the Kitchen, you understand?”

“Which room should I dominate you then?”

Her jaw drops at my boldness.

“That was so cheap to ask..”

“I am saving my expensive tricks for some other time” I wink.

“You are impossible”

“With you beside me, I can make things possible”


She stares bewildered and I decide to ease her down.


“I meant with you and me in the kitchen together, we can cook the impossible.” I check my watch. “You wasted 5 minutes already.”

“You were counting?”

“I am still counting”


She brings her fingers towards my neck probably to strangle me but then gives up and rushes out. Damn!! I like this feistiness about her.


****************


Khushi’s POV


This is the first time I took a shower in less than 15 minutes. I didn’t want that Arnav Singh Raizada to bicker again or complain about my delay. Wearing a simple Kurta Legging when I head for the kitchen, I find Akash doing the vacuum cleaning whereas Payal dusting the couch. They are hardly doing anything because after every few seconds, their eyes are on each other for more than a minute. At this rate, I don’t think they can finish the cleaning work till night. I sigh at their silly progress and keep walking. When I reach the kitchen door, I find Arnav washing the veggies.


“That’s it?” I ask getting in. “That’s all you did in the last 30 minutes? Washing veggies?”


I don’t mean that but only because he doesn’t leave a chance to tease me, I don’t miss this chance either.

“I did more” He smirks pointing out at the piece of paper on the kitchen slab. I quickly check it and read it out.

“Steamed rice, Dal Fry, Onion pakoda and Methi? What is this?”

“Today’s menu” He mentions. “We will cook that”

“Who decided that?”


He exhales.

“Do you see anyone else in the kitchen other than me? Of course, I did”

“No way. You don’t get to decide the menu alone. We are a team, you need to take my opinion too and I don’t approve this. I mean I don’t approve Methi Sabji. I hate it”

“Fine, you can make something else for yourself”

“No Mister. Whatever we do henceforth, we will do together”

He arcs a brow. “Really?”

And I realize the sarcasm in it.

“I have checked the veggies. We have palak too and Paneer. We can make Palak Paneer”

“I hate Paneer”

“I love Paneer” I debate.

Arnav wipes his hands and puts the napkin away.

“Khushi, we got to come at one decision. Otherwise despite working so hard, Akash and Payal will have to stay hungry because of us”

“Great. So, you agree we will cook Palak Paneer?” I am not going to back down.


He takes a minute to decide and then nods.


“Only if you chop the onions for the Pakoda”


No way!! I hate to chop onions as they bring tears in my eyes and chopping so many for the Pakodas seems a tedious task.

“Decide Khushi Gupta. If you take one .. you give one..” He comments.

“Fine. I will chop the Onions. Happy?”

“Very”


He pushes the onion plate towards me and continues to chop the rest of the veggies for Dal.


**************

Arnav’s POV


Khushi is a skilled cook and I realize that as she puts the tadka for the Dal and the aroma fills in the room, tantalizing all my taste buds. The rice is ready and I have chopped the paneer for her even boiled Palak as much required to make the Puree. The onions are still left untouched and I believe she is going to chop them last. I get a call so I walk out to attend it and when I return after few minutes, I see Khushi in tears as she chops the onions. Her cheeks have reddened and tears keep spilling from her eyes piercing my heart. A hair tendril keeps disturbing her eyes and I realize she cannot even tuck it away as her fingers are messed up with onion juices.


“Such a heartless man he is” Khushi mumbles to herself. She has no clue I am here and listening. “If I knew he is so cruel, I would never have imagined him in my bedtime stories.”


My body stiffens. Bedtime stories? She imagined us? Doing what? And since when?


“No worries Khushi.. Tomorrow will be his turn..” she continues talking to herself. “I will make him chop a heap of green chilies. Let me see what excuses he gives me then”


More tears roll down her cheeks and I cannot take it any further. The next instant, I reach her side. She almost stumbles back when she realizes I am next to her. We stare at each other for long and then my fingers wipe off her tears. She doesn’t stop me. I push away the hair lock from her eyes and tuck it behind her ear, lingering my fingers for extra time on her cheeks. And none of us break the eye lock yet. I pick the mug next to her and take a sip of the coffee she had made for herself again. She stares at me surprised when I put the mug down and snatch the knife from her.


“I will chop the onions today and also the heap of green chilies you have planned for me tomorrow” I assert.

Her pulse quickened as I finally shifted my other fingers from her cheeks to pick the onions. She was unable to speak for a moment, especially because I had heard her self-talk.


The loud ring on her phone broke her gaze from me and she quickly answered.


“hey Dad”

I didn’t miss the rasp in her voice. She was still trying to frame words, her mouth too dry to speak.

“I wasn’t crying, Dad. Just chopping onions. You know how much I hate them” she continues to walk out of the kitchen to speak to her father and don’t return for a long time. I think she needed some time alone after how I treated her a minute ago… like I wanted her.. cared for her and God knows, I felt the same!!


To be Continued.



Connect me on Instagram
Connect me on Twitter
______________________________________________________________

MARRIAGE JITTERS 















Standalone Romance Novel of Accidental Marriage Series Book 1 

Billionaire Viren Dewan’s sister was getting married in one month and Event Manager Tarini Kaur bagged that project to plan her wedding. She struggled organizing the wedding as Viren Dewan’s classy extravagant attitude kept hurdling her work. Least did she know they had a history together, a knot which his family easily forgot and hers denied to accept. What would happen when that past resurfaced?


A roller coaster ride of a forgotten accidental marriage, claiming its identity between Innocence versus Power.



READ ON AMAZON KINDLE

BUY  PDF (Indian Readers ) by Netbanking/eWallet 

International Readers/Indian Readers can BUY PDF by CARD HERE

SAMPLE CHAPTERS. Read HERE

SNEAK PEEK Of Marriage Jitters. Read HERE

READ Excerpt 1 HERE

READ Excerpt 2 HERE

READ Excerpt 3 HERE 


18 comments:

  1. Beautiful! One pair is ahead with their romance than the other. They'll just keep staring at each other or act upon it once? 😂

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Update. Loved Arshi's kitchen romance. Khushi revealed her imagination. Arnav is falling for Khushi. He is already mesmerized by her. But Khushi is a tough nut to crack. Though she is attracted to Arnav.Payal and Akash are also bonding well. Thanks for the Update😍😍.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ek mai aur ek tum
    Dono mile iss tarah
    Aur jo tan mann mai ho raha hai
    Yeh toh hona hi tha....😋

    Beautiful part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Khushi was attracted to Arnav since she saw him at his sister's wedding. Khushi is already lost in Arnav. Both Arshi are always fighting. Akash on the other hand is trying to impress Payal. Arnav's room is already similar to Khushi's romantic thoughts. Hope the 13 days brings Arshi close. Arnav is already so much attracted to Khushi and interested in her. Arshi's conversation was nice. Payal and Akash are already busy in romance. Arshi are finally cordial and helping each other. Khushi revealed about her dream infront of Arnav. Arshi just keep on staring at each other but sometimes eyes said the unsaid words. Arshi's lovestory is always unique.😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  5. This story is so awesome. I love to read such rom-coms once in a while. They are fun to read. Because we don't have to ponder so much. He he. Waiting for the next part!! Thank you sis!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Self talk of Kushi about bedtime stories was cute... lovely story 😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely
    so he heard the bedtime stories
    ahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Superb Update...Can we get another Update of this fictions tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely update... Things are interesting and going to be more romantic...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Superb update. Looks like its going to be a great teamwork 😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  11. These two couples are attracted to each other...working in team is definitely good 👍🏻😍

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both khushi and arnav dreamed about each other before 3 years. How cute 😍. Their arguments are very cute and fun. Arnav very caring and loved to be with khushi.
    Wish to see khushi's soft side towards arnav soon. And arshi spending time with each other without notifying payash. Secret meetings.
    Payash 🥰. They are searching chance to stay together and their eye locks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Soo cutee,both loves each other.at the end of quarantine period they will confess it

    ReplyDelete
  14. Superb update..
    Wow loved the way arshi and payash are team in working together


    Wow arnav can flirt, tease her..
    Looking forward

    ReplyDelete